Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,763 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? (12033 Views)

Who Do You Think Should Be Nigeria's Person Of The Year 2023? / Proposed ₦19.76 Trillion Budget Breakdown For The Year 2023 / Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by CaveAdullam: 10:07am On Jan 01
Ovasize:

Your comment was insightful... It just triggered me to improve on capacity building. Pls I will like you to take me by the hand on this. Pls and God bless

Appreciate your kind words.

We all have a long list of goals we want to achieve within a short life span. You know life is short, but we want to enjoy all there is.

So what should you do?

Assuming you have 1 year to live, alright let's say 2024 is all there is for you.

Which goal will you pursue?
What will you do that by the end of 2024, you'll be glad you did?

Those activities are what matter long term. So starts doing them.

Of course, life is unscripted, unpredictable, and filled with complexities. But we can't complain all day about it. That's nature.

Somethings will creep up along the way, to stop you or distract you. But all you have to do is to look above, the zenith, the place you aim for, and never below.

On this part, have a primary vs a secondary goal.

The primary goal is why you breathe and live. The secondary goal is a prod to the former.

Try not to do too many things at a time. Just 1, or 2. 3 should be enough. You don't want to waste scarce time, energy, and resources.

Quick tip:

Don't think 365 days to achieve your goals.

Think 180 days.

Calibrate your time. Swear to competence and accountability. Be responsible for your duties.

With time, we will all get there.

Thanks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by excel2792: 10:26am On Jan 01
Good
Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by Hedgefunds: 10:32am On Jan 01
CaveAdullam:
There are some courses I paid for to get serious with them, but I couldn't go along with them. Because I got other things at hand.

I pursued many things in 2023. Some paid; some were futile. But in the end, I just needed to settle down and pick a few.

Chasing many things at a time gears toward securing abundance and options - if plan A fails, there is plan B...there is plan c... But in the end, you waste a lot of time and energy.

To hold on to one thing amidst this darkness takes temerity and hard morale. You must have a clear vision of the future, a predictive ability top-notch + the ability to maneuver and rotate on one point.

I would have used that money to "flex my life". Lol.

At the end of 2023, I have no regret though. Because I engaged in all of my adventures. (If I hadn't purchased those courses, by now I would have been thinking of missing billionaires' chances).

Follow your guts, and you'll have little to no regrets. It doesn't guarantee success though, but you'll always learn a lesson and be glad you tried.

Living life with a series of regrets is not a good way of living. Test all waters: Drink, fish, sail, swim.

Thanks.

Happy New year my Oga, sorry I haven't gotting in touch with you. Still on the road due to Xmas wahala...hope you are fine.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by Illegal1(m): 10:37am On Jan 01
parkervero:
My regret in 2023 was borrowing money from loan apps.

It wrecked me to the ground. I realised too late.

omoh........dats was my 2022 regret,dis people show me shege,nah small tin remain,i for get high BP.

3 Likes

Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by Okoroawusa: 10:39am On Jan 01
AqualinaXYZ:
Not attacking Tinubu the day he came to PH only to lick microphone

Carry two hands up with walking stick during national anthem in my own PH like mumu
He is now the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria... You and him who made progress in 2023?

1 Like

Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by Sprintson(m): 10:50am On Jan 01
so sry to hear this, life continues...we can chat though...I sent u a dm chazereel@gmail.com

..quote author=NurseG84 post=127718117]Coming to the UK was my regret in 2023,just when I thought I was coming to reunite with my husband, never new it would rather tore us apart, everyday work 12hrly,tore us apart totally. [/quote]
Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by DDIA: 10:55am On Jan 01
CaveAdullam:
There are some courses I paid for to get serious with them, but I couldn't go along with them. Because I got other things at hand.

I pursued many things in 2023. Some paid; some were futile. But in the end, I just needed to settle down and pick a few.

Chasing many things at a time gears toward securing abundance and options - if plan A fails, there is plan B...there is plan c... But in the end, you waste a lot of time and energy.

To hold on to one thing amidst this darkness takes temerity and hard morale. You must have a clear vision of the future, a predictive ability top-notch + the ability to maneuver and rotate on one point.

I would have used that money to "flex my life". Lol.

At the end of 2023, I have no regret though. Because I engaged in all of my adventures. (If I hadn't purchased those courses, by now I would have been thinking of missing billionaires' chances).

Follow your guts, and you'll have little to no regrets. It doesn't guarantee success though, but you'll always learn a lesson and be glad you tried.

Living life with a series of regrets is not a good way of living. Test all waters: Drink, fish, sail, swim.

Thanks.
Jack of all trade, master of non grin
Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by Venom11(m): 10:56am On Jan 01
theamazonguru:

You saw pepper or you ate pepper 🌶️?
Lol

Lool... Pepper is always involved??
Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by miniziter(m): 10:57am On Jan 01
Allowing my Motor to over heat.
Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by DDIA: 10:58am On Jan 01
Shuggaa:
I regret alot of things and I have also learnt alot,first it is trust,have learnt never to trust people so quick,you just have to take time to know and study them before giving them your trust.
That was a well thought lesson 2023 gave you there. cool
Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by Venom11(m): 11:03am On Jan 01
GABRIEL6036:
I no bang enough kpekus 😁😁
swears but we on.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by iwaeda: 11:05am On Jan 01
maasoap:

Akeredolu was battling cancer of the blood, you said "may not" while I knew he "wasn't coming back".
There is always God's factor, May is it. sad shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by Exceed15: 11:09am On Jan 01
Hakuna matata!
Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by CaveAdullam: 11:13am On Jan 01
Hedgefunds:

Happy New year my Oga, sorry I haven't gotting in touch with you. Still on the road due to Xmas wahala...hope you are fine.

Senior man.

Happy New Year.

Anytime I hear about my loved ones and friends traveling by road, I get scared, paranoid, and filled with goosebumps.

Nigeria isn't a real place.

I'm fine.

Please, stay safe.

Thanks.
Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by omlueh(m): 11:16am On Jan 01
Is not the issue of money, but long process of obtaining travelling visas for the wife and the three Children together with that of my other younger brother to represent the family at the burial, my brother there is lots of protocol and process by the Britons ooooooooooo
TheBTCinvestor:

Wow...leaving him for 1year in the Morgue isn't good na..Bury him there If u have no money to bring him back...so his soul can rest lipsrsealed
Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by Johnames: 12:10pm On Jan 01
Ezemann:
Very big regret. I have learn my lessons and I am moving ahead.
Regretting getting money from people to trade forex only to lose everything which put me in great debt.

how much?
Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by Judolisco(m): 12:12pm On Jan 01
joe4christ:
My only regret in 2023 is putting cut 3 on Sportybet which won me 940k when I could have won over 18 million naira if I'd placed cut 2 instead. So painful but I thank God cos 2024 is gonna be life changing blessed filled year!
baba drop game
Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by hoodbaby67a: 12:14pm On Jan 01
Allowing my ex to manipulate me for so long
Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by Blackdisciple(m): 12:14pm On Jan 01
dontrulee:

Na to call yourself stephen curry be that. Pele.
Hope you learnt a lesson. The lesson is to double check, infact I triple check everything I do and this has made me very meticulous and efficient!

Lolzzz.... I still dey vex for that mumu curry as u said will have to be double checking...
Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by TheBTCinvestor: 1:24pm On Jan 01
omlueh:
Is not the issue of money, but long process of obtaining travelling visas for the wife and the three Children together with that of my other younger brother to represent the family at the burial, my brother there is lots of protocol and process by the Britons ooooooooooo

Travel visas to Bury him in the UK?? Why can't dey bring his corpse to naija
Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by damola1: 2:18pm On Jan 01
Tallesty1:
Good morning and happy new year.

Please I want to know the name of these books.

Reversing diabetes

Eat to live

I will give you free copies if you will like to pick up in person in ikeja.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by GABRIEL6036: 2:38pm On Jan 01
Venom11:
swears but we on.
I hope this year will be far better 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by chukzyfcbb: 3:06pm On Jan 01
Turned down a job offer that would have paid me 3times my Old and improved salary + fully remote simply because I wanted to meet some career highlights in my current role.

The highlights I no come meet 100% till year end, it's sad

1 Like

Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by Ikaeniyan0: 3:36pm On Jan 01
There's an important thing I am suppose to have done since 2021. I'm the one just delaying the process for no reason. I've decide to take the step in 2024 by God grace.
Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by IbeOkehie: 5:54pm On Jan 01
Joining Nairaland is #1 regret.

Really.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by princessyere1(f): 8:05am On Jan 02
Grit2943:
Lending people money 😢 😢

I lent someone #1.2 million naira in January 2023 and the person is yet to refund a dime as at now.
He keeps saying that things are really tough for him.
I don't see myself lending someone money again as from 2024.
Please borrow me 10k 🤣🤣🤣
Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by omlueh(m): 8:35am On Jan 02
Because He Died Over There In The UK. Period.
TheBTCinvestor:

Travel visas to Bury him in the UK?? Why can't dey bring his corpse to naija
Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by sageb: 10:26am On Jan 02
princessyere1:

Please borrow me 10k 🤣🤣🤣

You are Okubo-ere 😎
You have money na
Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by TheBTCinvestor: 11:53am On Jan 02
omlueh:
Because He Died Over There In The UK. Period.

Is UK his fatherland? Well na una know
Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by Ezemann(m): 2:04pm On Jan 02
Johnames:
how much?
Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by Johnames: 5:28pm On Jan 02
Ezemann:

no allow am bother you too much, just double your hustle, in no time, you will pay it off
Re: What Are You Regrets In Year 2023? by Lastmankc(m): 5:51pm On Jan 02
UppaZakum:
No to any investment in agritech crowdfunding or investment of any kind in any nigerian-owned businesses I have no control over. Do not trust any Nigerian with your hard-earned money. You will shed premium tears.
2024 Plan: Convert my money to dollars and be staring at it.
How do you do this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll / 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders / Chinese CAMC & UNIDO Partners Anambra On Airport, Rail, Agriculture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.