Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,272 members, 7,811,801 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders (12022 Views)

Five Feared Killed As Dino Melaye's Protest Turns Bloody In Kogi / Female Bombers Attack Motor-Park In Adamawa, 30 Feared Dead - Premium Times / Over 100 Killed In Benue Communities, Refugee Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by gratiaeo(m): 6:34am On Feb 11, 2015
No fewer than 30 people were feared killed with many sustaining varying degrees of injuries in Logo Local Government Area of Benue State, after suspected Fulani herdsmen in their large numbers sacked over 24 communities and villages in the area.

Some of the affected communities included Chembe, Tse-Mue, Tse-Shigbe, Mgbakpa and Oragbai all in Ukemberagya council ward, which is four kilometers away from Anyiin, Governor Gabriel Suswam’s country home.

The crisis, according to eyewitness started on Sunday night after the marauders besieged the area, shooting sporadically and burning down houses, huts and farmlands in the affected communities.

Reports from villagers indicate that at the time of filing this report, more bodies were still being recovered in the affected areas after nine corpses were allegedly recovered at the scene of attack about one week ago.

Following the development, Governor Gabriel Suswam, who also hails from the area had to pay an unscheduled visit to the affected communities yesterday, even as it was observed that the communities had remained deserted following the massive destruction of houses, schools and worship centres by the Fulani herders.

Daily Sun gathered that villagers in the affected communities had to flee their homes into different directions for safety while the herdsmen have continued grazing hundreds of their cows in the vicinity.

Suswam, while addressing a remnant of the people, who came out from their hidings, said he was in the area in company of all heads of security agencies in the state to see things for himself and to leave behind a combination of security forces to tackle the trouble makers, even as he assured them of his administration’s commitment to ensure safety of lives and property.

Also speaking, the Commissioner of Police, Hyacinth Dagala, Commanding Officer of 72 Special Forces Battalion, Makurdi, Col. T. A Lagbaja and Deputy Director, State Security Services (SSS), Mr. Frank, advised the people not to take laws into their hands as they returned back to their homes and allow the security operatives to do their job.

Daily Sun, however, observed that many of the affected people no longer had homes to return to as the fresh invasion of their land, which is incidentally only four kilometres away from Suswam’s country home, Anyiin, had led to the destruction of everything they ever worked for including farm produce.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=104203

1 Like

Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by koikoi2(m): 6:38am On Feb 11, 2015
Buhari ppl at work again. Blood sucking demons called Fulani.

modified!!!!
I always know dat one day I will occupy d number one seat in NL.
I dedicate this page to my luvly wife and kid.

27 Likes

Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by Kennywills7(m): 6:44am On Feb 11, 2015
Why is it dat dis set of pple has no regard for human lives?
If its not rape, it will b burning of houses or killing of innocent men and women

11 Likes

Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by LordMecuzy(m): 6:48am On Feb 11, 2015
hmm Benuue
Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by naijaking1: 6:49am On Feb 11, 2015
Kennywills7:

No, the question should be, why is it that we let them do what they're doing?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by SeverusSnape(m): 6:53am On Feb 11, 2015
This is what I've been talking about...why are fulanis and Hausas so wicked... Must you dominate everywhere in Nigeria?... I don't blame those blood suckers angry
By the way, Toktee; Hope you were not among those killed? tongue

15 Likes

Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by Kennywills7(m): 6:53am On Feb 11, 2015
naijaking1:

No, the question should be, why is it that we let them do what they're doing?
My brother something has to b done about dis set of pple
D local govt, state and fed govt has to work together and do something about dis pple
They hv to b educated on d need to respect d lives of others as dey are not cows dat can b kill anyhow or just like dat

1 Like

Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by Nobody: 6:54am On Feb 11, 2015
Kennywills7:
abi now I just wonder why some Fulani behaves like animal...... there sucking demon brothers Boko haram too will continue to massacre human....... when is this going to stop. maybe revolution should happen in northern part of Nigeria or northern should not b part of Nigeria again cause the root of wahala starts from there.

12 Likes

Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by naijaking1: 6:56am On Feb 11, 2015
Kennywills7:

D local govt, state and fed govt has to work together and do something about dis pple
They hv to b educated on d need to respect d lives of others as dey are not cows dat can b kill anyhow or just like dat

Make Benue people dey there dey run away from from confronting Fulanis. That's their problems!

4 Likes

Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by SeverusSnape(m): 6:57am On Feb 11, 2015
Kennywills7:

Those people are savages, sub-humans!
They are coming to blame Jonathan for this.

17 Likes

Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by Vicotex(m): 7:00am On Feb 11, 2015
Tbh I hate all these abokis, Idgaf if they are herdsmen or cattle rearer like buhari.
Next thing you will see them shifting blames on GEJ

16 Likes

Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by bastien: 7:03am On Feb 11, 2015
Buhari call ur guys to order na

11 Likes

Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by Nobody: 7:03am On Feb 11, 2015
Fulani

2 Likes

Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 11, 2015
Fulani pple again.
Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by kay1one2(m): 7:04am On Feb 11, 2015
Government is weak. The opposition is using terrorism as a campaign tool. Gej till a better alternative!

18 Likes

Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by ElectronByte(m): 7:05am On Feb 11, 2015
It's alarming how these Fulanis keep killing people even recently in the South-west that is not their region.

What baffles most is that they go scot free without any form of reprisal attack

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by Kingsimmer(m): 7:05am On Feb 11, 2015
why are dis guys behaving so barbaric...gosh!.

mtcheew...
Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by Arysexy(m): 7:06am On Feb 11, 2015
If I talk my mind about this Fulani people their slave down south wI'll attack me.

19 Likes

Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 11, 2015
Not again
Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by Vicotex(m): 7:06am On Feb 11, 2015
they should Continue killing their selves and put the blame on GEJ

7 Likes

Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by lonelydora: 7:07am On Feb 11, 2015
Chisos
Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by Kennywills7(m): 7:07am On Feb 11, 2015
naijaking1:

Make Benue people dey there dey run away from from confronting Fulanis. That's their problems!
Bro, its d simple truth!!
If d local, state & Fed govt cannot defend u then u must defend yourself
U can't fold ur hands and what some blood thirsty set of pple kill u and ur family
D right to life is in d constitution, so i believe defending ur sef to survive is not a crime especially wen someone seek to eliminate u and ur entire community

1 Like

Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by Etizz: 7:07am On Feb 11, 2015
What is diz guys problem....... Dem nor dey tire to dey kill...... Shwoooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by DesChyko: 7:07am On Feb 11, 2015
Mehn.. What are those people smoking over there up north?

1 Like

Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by priscaoge(f): 7:07am On Feb 11, 2015
Holy Moses shocked shocked shocked
Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by ignis: 7:08am On Feb 11, 2015
And we claim to have a government. ...

Pathetic. ..

RIP to the dead...
Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by Mhizdominate(f): 7:09am On Feb 11, 2015
It's well
Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by nerodenero: 7:10am On Feb 11, 2015
You keep running and they keep coming at you.That is the north for you.They intimidate and feels they have the monopoly of violence.Unfortunately, southerners love life as we keep running.

Until we stand and fight these demons among us,no resting for us.

1 Like

Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by zicoraads: 7:10am On Feb 11, 2015
naijaking1:

This comment smacks of irresponsibility.
Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by Nobody: 7:12am On Feb 11, 2015
just nuke the north, ban igbo travellers and monitor yorubas activity on the internet ..Nigeria will be fine.. wink

7 Likes

Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by condralbede(m): 7:12am On Feb 11, 2015
Fulani.....This people disperse me.

2 Likes

Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by Nobody: 7:12am On Feb 11, 2015
Fulani every were

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Gives INEC 24 Hour Ultimatum To Release The List Of Its Ad Hoc Staff / President Buhari Leaves For Saudi Arabia Today / Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Reject Livestock Policy, Waterways Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.