Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,008 members, 7,810,794 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Christianity The Most Radical Faith On Earth With This Bible Verses. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity The Most Radical Faith On Earth With This Bible Verses. (219 Views)

Did God Destroy The Earth With Flood? / King Kong Movie Reveals Flat Earth with Firmament (dome) / Christmas: When The Son Of Man Returns, Shall He Still Find Faith On Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity The Most Radical Faith On Earth With This Bible Verses. by ictplotter(m): 9:27am On Dec 30, 2023
Why blaming a peaceful Islam for radicalism and terrorism while Bible openly preaching radicalism, hates, disunity and terrorism but this is left for the western and America propagandists to answer?

Just imagine it was a Quran verses that stated this below but not Quran but Bible.

Matthew 10:34-36
“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and one's foes will be members of one's own household"

Luke 14 vs 26.
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple."
Re: Christianity The Most Radical Faith On Earth With This Bible Verses. by Ireportlive: 9:52am On Dec 30, 2023
You total dedication is to God and his service, that's what the verse is all about

Your wife, children or wealth won't comfort you in after life
Re: Christianity The Most Radical Faith On Earth With This Bible Verses. by franktolk(m): 10:02am On Dec 30, 2023
ictplotter:
Why blaming a peaceful Islam for radicalism and terrorism while Bible openly preaching radicalism, hates, disunity and terrorism but this is left for the western and America propagandists to answer?

Just imagine it was a Quran verses that stated this below but not Quran but Bible.

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and one's foes will be members of one's own household"

Luke 14 vs 26.
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple."

Jesus was simply speaking metaphorically in those verses you've quoted.

Jesus was telling us that his word will divide people, even within families.

Have you not seen some families disowning their child just because he accepts the Lord Jesus ?

Have you not seen some people getting really pissed off just because someone mentioned Jesus or just at the sight of the cross?

Jesus in Matthew 5 , verse 43 - 48 says we should love those who persecute us.

Matthew 5:43-45

Love for Enemies
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous

1 Like

Re: Christianity The Most Radical Faith On Earth With This Bible Verses. by Cortexhills99: 10:03am On Dec 30, 2023
Do not just pick a particular verse but read through the beginning to end and seek understanding of the Holy Spirit of God

1 Like

Re: Christianity The Most Radical Faith On Earth With This Bible Verses. by ictplotter(m): 10:26am On Dec 30, 2023
franktolk:

Jesus was simply speaking metaphorically in those verses you've quoted.

Jesus was telling us that his word will divide people, even within families.

Have you not seen some families disowning their child just because he accepts the Lord Jesus ?

Have you not seen some people getting really pissed off just because someone mentioned Jesus or just at the sight of the cross?

Jesus in Matthew 5 , verse 43 - 48 says we should love those who persecute us.

Matthew 5:43-45

Love for Enemies
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous

Gullible explanation, what is metaphorical or ironical in the above Bible verse. I know ur next excuse will be a canal mind will not understand a Bible that was translated and edited by our Colonia slaves master to suit themselves .
Re: Christianity The Most Radical Faith On Earth With This Bible Verses. by ictplotter(m): 10:30am On Dec 30, 2023
Cortexhills99:
Do not just pick a particular verse but read through the beginning to end and seek understanding of the Holy Spirit of God

Understanding of holy spirit for a book that was heavily translated and edited by Satanic Roman and English emperors to suit themselves. What does holy spirit has to do with understanding a book written in a simple English?
Re: Christianity The Most Radical Faith On Earth With This Bible Verses. by Cortexhills99: 12:26pm On Dec 30, 2023
The Bible Scripture are given by the inspiration of God 2timothy3:16
ictplotter:

Understanding of holy spirit for a book that was heavily translated and edited by Satanic Roman and English emperors to suit themselves. What does holy spirit has to do with understanding a book written in a simple English?
Re: Christianity The Most Radical Faith On Earth With This Bible Verses. by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:42pm On Dec 30, 2023
ictplotter:

All leaders lead by examples so they don't only speak but act in line with what they say showing them how to practice what he is saying.
So if you truly understood what Jesus is saying try to figure out where he used a sword to kill an enemy or where he supported his disciples to go killing their enemies.

These are the ORDERS he gave his disciples:

‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” Mark 12:31

“But I say to you who are listening: Continue to love your enemies, to do good to those hating you, to bless those cursing you, to pray for those who are insulting you."

"I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another. By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves" John 13:34-35

So if Jesus' disciples are to LOVE their enemies, neighbours and fellow believers how do you think they will use swords? Matthew 26:52

I was once a Muslim so i know what your clerics do say when quoting Jesus out of context Muhammad who taught Muslims how to greet SALAM (PEACE) failed to ensure peace among his own followers that's why you can't produce any sect in Islam that are real peace lovers through whom people can learn how to make peace.

If you're interested in knowing the one and only true Christian group watch Jehovah's Witnesses closely. They don't participate in politics neither military services because they must LOVE their neighbours, fellow believers and enemies, something impossible if you're into politics.

Even muhammad can't fathom how to unify his followers in the face of racism and politics so Muslims will kill Muslims after meeting at Mecca and Medina for worship because Muhammad failed to realize that politics won't allow peace reign no matter how much they love your Allah Muslims will kill Muslims in the face of politics and racism something the real disciples of Jesus (Jehovah's Witnesses) will never do! undecided

1 Like

Re: Christianity The Most Radical Faith On Earth With This Bible Verses. by Kobojunkie: 3:11pm On Dec 30, 2023
ictplotter:
■ Just imagine it was a Quran verses that stated this below but not Quran but Bible
Ever heard the saying, "Action speaks LOUDER than words"? lipsrsealed

Muslims remain in focus because of the ACTIONS of Muslims around.the world. undecided
Re: Christianity The Most Radical Faith On Earth With This Bible Verses. by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On Dec 30, 2023
ictplotter:
Luke 14 vs 26.
As for what Jesus Christ said in those verses,..
1.... the first is Jesus Christ proclaiming that He is the Herald spoken of by the prophets--- Michah 7 vs 1 - 7 -- to usher in the end of days--- God's day of Judgment against the nations of Israel and Judea combined. undecided

2. Indeed, anyone who wishes to be a follower of Jesus Christ is expected to abandon all other special relationships one previously had, even that with father, mother, children, wife, husband, etc. Jesus Christ revealed that when it comes to those who are His, their mothers, brothers, sisters, etc., are instead those who do the Will of God--- not their earthly family member. undecided
Re: Christianity The Most Radical Faith On Earth With This Bible Verses. by Emusan(m): 4:35pm On Dec 30, 2023
ictplotter:

If you're truly open-minded person, you'll have known that Bible never openly preached radicalism, hates, disunity and terrorism.

This is simply because no follower of Christ used those verses below to act like Muslims do.

Luke 14 vs 26.

The first issue here is understanding.

Most of the commandments of Allah in Quran are prescriptive reason why you see Muslims doing exactly that while the verses you cited in Bible are descriptive reason why you can't see Christian using these verses for terrorism.

And Jesus Himself who made these statements never carried out any act of hates, disunity, terrorism, and radicalism.
Re: Christianity The Most Radical Faith On Earth With This Bible Verses. by bdon123(m): 12:41am On Dec 31, 2023
ictplotter:

Luke 14 vs 26.

Where did this mumu man emanate frm
Re: Christianity The Most Radical Faith On Earth With This Bible Verses. by Greenholics: 2:20am On Dec 31, 2023
ictplotter:

Luke 14 vs 26.

Islam is a religion of peace? Today you will be over fed maybe you think we don’t know your Quran and Hadith. Let me not talk about your your brothers are doing in northern Nigerian …. I will come to that!

So what goes on in their minds when they act violently? To understand this one must understand an important and dangerous Islamic teaching called "Jihad", ( or Holy War).

It is important to understand that not every Arab is a Muslim, not every Muslim is an Arab, and not every Muslim is a fundamentalist. We are not trying to attack a religion. We are only exposing a teaching in a religion that could have a serious effect on all society.

It is also important to know that in exercising Jihad, Muslim fundamentalists may not think they are trying to maliciously hurt others, but rather they are only obeying God�s commandments. And in doing so, they are assuring themselves a place in Paradise.

JIHAD ( Holy War)
Jihad is one of the most sacred duties Muslims perform. The word "Jihad", is an Arabic word which means "struggle". In this sense Jihad is the struggle for the cause of spreading Islam, using all means available to Muslims, including violence. This kind of Jihad is often referred to as " Holy War".

In resorting to violence, Muslims will not have any problem finding passages in the Quran ( believed by Muslims to be Allah�s word), and the Hadith (Mohammed�s sayings as recorded by Al Bukhari), that will not only condone violence, but will also demand it.

JIHAD IN THE "QURAN".
Allah orders Muslims in the Quran to terrorize non-Muslims on His behalf.

"Strike terror (into the hearts of) the enemies of God and your enemies."
Surah 8:60

Fight (kill) them (non-Muslims), and God will punish, (torment) them by your hands, cover them with shame." Surah 9:14

" I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers, smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them. It is not ye who slew them; it was God."
Surah 8:13-17.

JIHAD IN THE "HADITH".
In the Hadith Mohammed also urges Muslims to practice Jihad.

Mohammed was once asked: what is the best deed for the Muslim next to believing in Allah and His Apostle? His answer was : " To participate in Jihad in Allah�s cause. " Al Bukhari vol 1:25.

Mohammed was quoted as saying: "I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, none has the right to be worshipped but Allah."
Al Bukhari vol 4:196.

Mohammed also said; "The person who participates in (Holy Battles) in Allah�s cause and nothing compels him do so except belief in Allah and His Apostle, will be recompensed by Allah either with a reward, or booty ( if he survives) or will be admitted to Paradise ( if he is killed). Al Bukhari vol 1:35

MOHAMMED: AN EXAMPLE

When the prophet of Islam started preaching his new religion in Mecca, he was conciliatory to Christians and Jews. He told them, "We believe in what has been sent down to us and sent down to you, our God is the same as your God. "Surah 29:45. This attitude changed completely after he gained strength. Allah then tells him to
"Fight People of the Book (Christians and Jews), who do not accept the religion of the truth (Islam), until they pay tribute (penalty tax) by hand, being inferior." Surah 9:29.

Regarding Christians and Jews, it seems that Mohammed hated the Jews more. During his lifetime, Mohammed devoted much of his efforts to get rid of the Jews: "You (Jews) should know that the earth belongs to Allah and His apostle, and I want to expel from this land ( the Arabian Peninsula), so, if anyone owns property, he is permitted to sell it". Mohammed was quoted.

At that time there were in Medina three Jewish tribes. Two of them, the Qaynqa and the Bani-al-Nudair tribes, were besieged by Mohammed�s men, blocking their access to food supplies, until they surrendered on Mohammed�s terms, which were that their lives would be spared, that they must emigrate from Medina, and that they must deposit all their belongings at a certain place for distribution among Muslims.

The third tribe, Bani Quayza, was not as lucky. After the war of the trench, in which Mohammed was besieged by the Qurayshites led, by Abu Sofyan, it was alleged that Bani Qurayza agreed to provide help from within to Abu Sofyan�s forces. Although the alleged help did not materialize and the siege eventually ended, nevertheless, Mohammed never forgave them for their willingness to help his enemies.

Muslims turned against Bani Qurayza and blocked their streets for twenty five days.

The Jewish tribe expressed readiness to accept the surrender terms which had been conceded to the other two Jewish tribes, namely cession of their belongings and departure with safe conduct.

Mohammed, however, would not consent to this, and instead appointed as an arbiter Saad iben Moaz, a man who was known to be on bad terms with Bani Qurayza. Saad ruled that all Bani Qurayza�s men should be beheaded, that the women and children should be sold as slaves, and that all their property should be divided among the Muslims.

Trenches were dug in the bazaar of Medina for disposal of the nine hundred Jewish bodies whom Mohammed had spent the night slaughtering. (See Ibn Hisham: The Propeht�s Biography: vol 2 pages 40&41.)

Should I go on? Do we talk about how come Islam is synonymous with terrorist? And sucide bombers?

And yet Jesus never killed anyone! Give us one name or one instance when Jesus kill a person.

And I will talk about your prophet and how he started the trans Sahara slave trade that is still going on till today!

Black stone licker ……. Go check all my post on this site and see how I have exposed your pedo. Rapist and cross dressing prophet muhammed
Re: Christianity The Most Radical Faith On Earth With This Bible Verses. by Greenholics: 4:35am On Dec 31, 2023
ictplotter:

Luke 14 vs 26.

After showing you the call the killing and violence in your Quran and Hadith, let me use your own logic here.

Those verses you Quoted are the words are Jesus Christ ( yeshua) the same Jesus talk call Isah in the Quran the very same Jesus your Quran described as perfect, holy and pure ( Quran 19:19)

The same Jesus shoes follower ( Christian) your Quran described and full of love and not arrogant ( Quran 5:82)

Now see how inconsistent you Muslim are, y’all claim Jesus to be from allah and even claim that he was a Muslim and here you are insinuating Jesus to be calling for violence and yet you still claim Islam is a a peaceful religion

According to your books your prophet is a had sex with a kid ( 9years old) , rapist, slave trader, a war lord, woman beater, he killed a lot of innocent people and even an innocent Muslim boy, your prophet had a gay lover and was a cross dresser ! A black stone kisser and ordered y’all to patronize prostitute in the name of Mutah ( 3 hours marriage for pay) YET y’all claim
He is the best man ever, so peaceful and of good character…….. Islam is really messed up, I really feel sorry for you, this religion got you all sick in the head.

(1) (Reply)

Fulfilment: The Heaven Of Finding Your Purpose In Life / Videos Of how the girl Ajoke was found by TB Joshua / What Will It Take For Christians To Build A COMMUNITY Like This On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.