Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,469 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

"We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) (41251 Views)

Even If You Give Tinubu 30 Years, Nothing Will Work – Daniel Bwala / Peter Obi Reacts To President Tinubu 124-Car Convoy (Video) / President Tinubu's 120 Car Convoy In Lagos For Sallah Raises Eyebrow (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by Starking1000000(m): 1:21pm On Dec 31, 2023
RichardRexs:

He's the President of NIGERIA. Even Biden's convoy is within same number
Compare bidens America and Tinubu Nigeria let’s check something
Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by writeprof(m): 2:13pm On Dec 31, 2023
LordFA:

The Yorubas ín Rivers State won it for APC na.

You are joking I know. How many Yorubas are in Rivers State
Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by yahoodetector: 2:13pm On Dec 31, 2023
Quintessence44:

OH SURE IF PETER OBI WAS IN POWER, HE WOULD HAVE MAGICALLY FIXED THE ECONOMY IN 1 WEEK AND THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN NO HUNGER IN THE LAND.

USELESS RUBBISH.

ABEG GET LOST WITH YOUR STUPID HATEFUL IGBO THREAD.

IPOB OUTCASTS TURNED EMERGENCY NIGERIANS.

SPIT.

Igbos are busy sharing rice, meat, food items, motorbikes etc amongst each other in the South East right now and your people in Lagos are crying about hunger grin grin cheesy cheesy

I love how you are wailing grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by regaliaregalia: 3:29pm On Dec 31, 2023

Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by IbeOkehie: 3:50pm On Dec 31, 2023
Gerrard59:

But when I told Obidients the bold, they called me names. grin grin They expected Peter Obi to win Osun or Ekiti (https://www.nairaland.com/7225545/why-peter-obi-step-down)

Apart from a cosmopolitan Lagos, Obi came a distant third throughout the SW. It is why I am bewildered by their belief that Peter Obi won the election. it is laughable. grin grin

If you look up the video of Peter Obi's campaign visit to Charlotte NC, you can see me ask him a question from the audience. I said:

"Nigeria needs a completely free market system. Will you make Nigeria a completely free market?" or something like that.

His answer was this:

"No, we don't need that. The Nigerian market is too free, that's the problem."

grin shocked grin

That's not I heard or what I read. I asked the question DIRECTLY to the man and that was his answer, live and in person. I was shaken. I complained about this to someone that knows and talks to him personally. The answer I got back days later was not really satisfactory.

I donated to Peter Obi's campaign. I supported him in my own little ways. He's someone that can be trusted with public resources, who won't self enrich via corruption like Tinubu. However, I lost faith in him on that day. I realized that Peter Obi is a Zikist. Better than Tinubu, yes but something is wrong there. The Nigerian market is too free? grin What kind of politicians do we have in Nigeria biko nu?

We as Igbo need to come to terms with what has happened to us in Nigeria. Its' a huge, self inflicted and deeply historic political defeat that has played out over nearly a century. Can it be overcome and what does "overcome" mean? It surely MUST incorporate a FREEDOM agenda for ALL tribes within Nigeria, but here you have Peter Obi implying that we're too free already. grin I have some ideas, but who am I, in Igboland the socio-political order is plutocratic, so there you are.

Worse, we have a contemporary context of an empowered Political Islam. Once any people become a minority in an Islamic dominated nation state, they're finished, they're destined for long term subjugation, exploitation, pogroms and on and on. Well, Southern Sudan got out sha, maybe we need to learn whatever we can from them.

To think we could have had an Igbo led sovereign nation in 1957 and threw it all away, only to engage in a futile fight for same a decade later. Truly one of the worlds greatest strategic political failures, especially when you consider the probable potential of the Igbo people. I just cry for what we lost, it's nothing short of tragic. And the same people that caused it are the biggest problems of the Igbo people today.

Nigeria needs a Confederacy...a drastically weakened federal government and strong PERSONAL RIGHTS within very strong tribal based state governments which can choose whatever kind of political and economic systems they want. NOTHING ELSE WILL WORK, Nigeria going on as is will have one inevitable result - (attempted) genocide.

Good Luck to Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by Fujiyama: 5:39pm On Dec 31, 2023
isuomo:
We are just so glad the incompetent Obi did not smell Aso Rock, his supporters can wail till tomorrow, it changes nothing and come 2027 when he comes out again to contest, his result is already out there in the open. A man who has zero solutions to issues confronting Nigeria but goes around parroting lies, conjectures and innuendoes and claiming them to be gospel truth. Peter Obi and his band should just remain on the other side gaslighting followers, who fall for everything he says; the business of governance is serious matter and will never be entrusted in the hands of a guy who was woeful as a governor and can not point to anyone he groomed as 8 year governor in Anambra.
Increasingly, you will be consigned to the fringes and only appear at programmes organised by your fellow haters led by Obasanjo who now is in perpetual pain that BAT is now President.
As for BAT, can someone please advsie him that going to the mosque in a 40 car convoy is not a wise move in a country going through the pains of economic reset, dodan barracks has a mosque or better still build a mosque at home and the imam comes to you. As we are tightening our belts, you must not be seen loosening yours to accommodate more excesses and gluttony, we are ready to go through this economic reset as long as we are sure the light at the end of the tunnel is not being extinguished well before we get there.

^^^
grin

You are not yet ready.

You spent all that time in your first and second paragraphs cursing out a man who is not in power...and you then began your third paragraph with a craven plea to the man who is in power? undecided

I do not know how many times this point will be passed across. Peter Obi, Yele Sowore, Abu Atiku, Kingsley Moghalu etc. are not in power. They are not the ones in charge. They cannot order a single civil servant, policeman, federal minister, permanent secretary, special assistant, highway patrolman, soldier etc. to do anything in the name of the federal government. Bola Ahmed Tinubu on the other hand, IS in power. He is the one who actually owes you something.

Instead of holding BAT accountable, you spend all that time and nervous energy up there cursing out an opposition politician in such strong terms. And to complete the insanity, you then timidly plead with the man who actually is in government - to sit down and do his job properly. Why should he listen to you - when you are clearly more concerned about opposition politicians? undecided

None of this makes any sense.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by Fujiyama: 6:07pm On Dec 31, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
You have 2 or 3 people screaming ...and It becomes Traders...those screaming are less than 1% of 1% of all the people gathered. Majority are busy recording our President in awe. God bless President Tinubu and the Fed Republic of Nigeria

^^^
undecided

Bola Tinubu is failing. That is the honest truth.

One lesson for all of us from this administration's troubles: it is always better to underpromise and over deliver...than to overpromise and underdeliver.

This administration made headlines by removing fuel import subsidies and floating the Naira within a few weeks of assuming power. As we speak however, the subsidy has been reinstated and the government is struggling hard to get a facility loan from AFREXIM in what will be an ultimately futile short term effort to defend the Naira. undecided

So...the administration's signature policies have been reversed in less than 12 months and we are right back where we started...and we now have galloping inflation and chronic currency depreciation as the (perhaps) unintended but clearly inevitable consequences of Bola Tinubu's policy misadventures. In every way, the country is worse off now than it was before. Which of course raises the question: what was it all for? What was the point? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by Jeyun: 6:10pm On Dec 31, 2023
Paramount01:

Is normal to shout, any new policy that stop free flow of money makes people to react, but as I have said, ask their state government governor. With time everybody we see
na state government dey control forest,Dollar,border,army, police and national policies?

1 Like

Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by Jeyun: 6:17pm On Dec 31, 2023
DesChyko:
Why are we bunching all Yorubas together in this APC thing? A good number of them voted PDP and LP. It's not fair.
you dey mind them. Them think sey na Yorubas vote tinubu there.
No mind wetin all this illiterate NL dey talk for here as if na Yoruba vote put tinubu for there.
Tinubu through his ill-gotten wealth fix himself there, hence he has no time for anyone we never see anything yet.

1 Like

Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by DesChyko: 6:38pm On Dec 31, 2023
Jeyun:
you dey mind them. Them think sey na Yorubas vote tinubu there.
No mind wetin all this illiterate NL dey talk for here as if na Yoruba vote put tinubu for there.
Tinubu through his ill-gotten wealth fix himself there, hence he has no time for anyone we never see anything yet.

Their matter tire me abeg. How you go fit look your Yoruba guys and niggas for face dey laugh with them, when you dey hate on everything about them online?

People sha.
Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by Fujiyama: 7:06pm On Dec 31, 2023
IbeOkehie:

If you look up the video of Peter Obi's campaign visit to Charlotte NC, you can see me ask him a question from the audience. I said:

"Nigeria needs a completely free market system. Will you make Nigeria a completely free market?" or something like that.

His answer was this:

grin shocked grin

That's not I heard or what I read. I asked the question DIRECTLY to the man and that was his answer, live and in person. I was shaken. I complained about this to someone that knows and talks to him personally. The answer I got back days later was not really satisfactory.

I donated to Peter Obi's campaign. I supported him in my own little ways. He's someone that can be trusted with public resources, who won't self enrich via corruption like Tinubu. However, I lost faith in him on that day. I realized that Peter Obi is a Zikist. Better than Tinubu, yes but something is wrong there. The Nigerian market is too free? grin What kind of politicians do we have in Nigeria biko nu?

^^^
It would have been interesting to have him speak a little bit more on what exactly he meant.

Some context would have good.

P.S. We still have some unfinished business on our old threads. I will drop some of my views on your posts and revisit some 'issues'. I am giving you advance notice so that when I drop them all at once - it won't come as a surprise. smiley
Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by RichardRexs(m): 8:15pm On Dec 31, 2023
Starking1000000:

Compare bidens America and Tinubu Nigeria let’s check something

Convoy na convoy
Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by IbeOkehie: 8:37pm On Dec 31, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
grin

You are not yet ready.

You spent all that time in your first and second paragraphs cursing out a man who is not in power...and you then began your third paragraph with a craven plea to the man who is in power? undecided

I do not know how many times this point will be passed across. Peter Obi, Yele Sowore, Abu Atiku, Kingsley Moghalu etc. are not in power. They are not the ones in charge. They cannot order a single civil servant, policeman, federal minister, permanent secretary, special assistant, highway patrolman, soldier etc. to do anything in the name of the federal government. Bola Ahmed Tinubu on the other hand, IS in power. He is the one who actually owes you something.

Instead of holding BAT accountable, you spend all that time and nervous energy up there cursing out an opposition politician in such strong terms. And to complete the insanity, you then timidly plead with the man who actually is in government - to sit down and do his job properly. Why should he listen to you - when you are clearly more concerned about opposition politicians? undecided

None of this makes any sense.

It's a matter of TRIBE and RELIGION. You know or should know that. Even if Tinubu steals the entire Federal Budget or sells NNPCL to his son for $1, the Yoruba will still support him gidigba. There's nothing to argue about, that's human nature.

After all that Buhari did in 1984, he still won with solid Yoruba and Northern votes in 2015. And despite the 8 years of economic disaster, he won in 2019 and then the Tinubu who put him in power also won in 2023. And if the election is held today with any of them as Presidential Candidate, they will win again! It's TRIBE, that's what it's about. Nigeria is gone if it ever was.

Nigerian politics isn't about POLICY, it's about domination and exploitation and aggrandizement within this unfortunate Unitary System.

Don't tell me you're surprised. Come on, man!

Good Luck to Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by ArewaNorth: 9:03pm On Dec 31, 2023
Sunday2021:
you are a fool if you think that calling your leaders for accountability is wailing.
Do you know what people are passing through since the satanic government has removed the subsidy

Still wailing.....
Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by MasterTeeUSA: 10:13pm On Dec 31, 2023
Tinubu is not 1yr into his administration...they just passed his 1st budget. We didnt have enough funds to defend the Naira so subsidy removal prevented the country's collapse. Ive said this before...Bloomberg said the Naira had to fall...the goal here is to collapse importation...then build up export...which right now..non Oil Revenue has passed N4 trillion.

Refinery rehab is ongoing. Dangote has received 3 million barrels
..sit there and be looking for the doom that won't happen.

Fujiyama:

^^^
undecided

Bola Tinubu is failing. That is the honest truth.

One lesson for all of us from this administration's troubles: it is always better to underpromise and over deliver...than to overpromise and underdeliver.

This administration made headlines by removing fuel import subsidies and floating the Naira within a few weeks of assuming power. As we speak however, the subsidy has been reinstated and the government is struggling hard to get a facility loan from AFREXIM in what will be an ultimately futile short term effort to defend the Naira. undecided

So...the administration's signature policies have been reversed in less than 12 months and we are right back where we started...and we now have galloping inflation and chronic currency depreciation as the (perhaps) unintended but clearly inevitable consequences of Bola Tinubu's policy misadventures. In every way, the country is worse off now than it was before. Which of course raises the question: what was it all for? What was the point? undecided
Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by killsmith(f): 10:21pm On Dec 31, 2023
yahoodetector:

Igbos are busy sharing rice, meat, food items, motorbikes etc amongst each other in the South East right now and your people in Lagos are crying about hunger grin grin cheesy cheesy

I love how you are wailing grin grin grin
You will not make heaven for this your picture.

1 Like

Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by ariesbull: 11:21pm On Dec 31, 2023
omenka1:
Una neva see anything, na hunger level una still dey. By the time it gets to starvation level, nor be person to tell una to stone n attack the convoy
at least Igbo don leave Lagos for vacation they are shouting hungry up and down

Aren't they ashamed
Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by ariesbull: 11:25pm On Dec 31, 2023
isuomo:
We are just so glad the incompetent Obi did not smell Aso Rock, his supporters can wail till tomorrow, it changes nothing and come 2027 when he comes out again to contest, his result is already out there in the open. A man who has zero solutions to issues confronting Nigeria but goes around parroting lies, conjectures and innuendoes and claiming them to be gospel truth. Peter Obi and his band should just remain on the other side gaslighting followers, who fall for everything he says; the business of governance is serious matter and will never be entrusted in the hands of a guy who was woeful as a governor and can not point to anyone he groomed as 8 year governor in Anambra.
Increasingly, you will be consigned to the fringes and only appear at programmes organised by your fellow haters led by Obasanjo who now is in perpetual pain that BAT is now President.
As for BAT, can someone please advsie him that going to the mosque in a 40 car convoy is not a wise move in a country going through the pains of economic reset, dodan barracks has a mosque or better still build a mosque at home and the imam comes to you. As we are tightening our belts, you must not be seen loosening yours to accommodate more excesses and gluttony, we are ready to go through this economic reset as long as we are sure the light at the end of the tunnel is not being extinguished well before we get there.

clowns everywhere
Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by Fujiyama: 12:07am On Jan 01
MasterTeeUSA:
..sit there and be looking for the doom that won't happen.

^^^
undecided

This is a weird comment. Just like millions of Nigerians, the poor economy affects me. I gain nothing from the doom you speak of.

MasterTeeUSA:
Tinubu is not 1yr into his administration...they just passed his 1st budget.

^^^
undecided

We are back to this whole "give him time" excuse. That excuse doesn't hold any water, unfortunately.

You are telling me about budgets? undecided You saw the nonsense that took place with the 2023 supplementary budget. That was the turning point for many people - people who had previously refused to heed our warnings about BAT. With that supplementary budget, Nigerians saw with their own eyes exactly what BAT stands for - how can a serious government waste money on yachts and palace renovations at a time like this? undecided Are you even aware that the same sort of nonsense has been repeated with the 2024 budget? undecided

MasterTeeUSA:
We didnt have enough funds to defend the Naira so subsidy removal prevented the country's collapse. Ive said this before...Bloomberg said the Naira had to fall...the goal here is to collapse importation...then build up export...which right now..non Oil Revenue has passed N4 trillion.

^^^

Not sure the point you are trying to make here. These bits of information are unrelated.

Collapse importation of what? undecided Fuel imports are still your biggest forex items. And those imports are still being subsidized right now as we speak.

MasterTeeUSA:
Refinery rehab is ongoing. Dangote has received 3 million barrels

^^^
The less said about these refineries the better. After so many false starts, it makes sense for us to wait till they actually rollout product before saying anything further. The problem is: we don't know when that rollout will take place.

1 Like

Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by IbeOkehie: 12:33am On Jan 01
Fujiyama:

P.S. We still have some unfinished business on our old threads. I will drop some of my views on your posts and revisit some 'issues'. I am giving you advance notice so that when I drop them all at once - it won't come as a surprise. smiley

LOL, I hope you're gonna connect me to some fresh & hot girls for New Years Vigil. And don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm going to a Special Men's New Year Prayer Service!

Good Luck to Me!
Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by Fujiyama: 12:48am On Jan 01
IbeOkehie:
LOL, I hope you're gonna connect me to some fresh & hot girls for New Years Vigil. And don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm going to a Special Men's New Year Prayer Service!

Good Luck to Me!

^^^
grin

If only you should be so lucky. In this great Tinubulation period? cheesy

I went though your Heritage Foundation website at length, spent quite a bit of time on their Index, spent even more time on new stuff about the welfare state in Nordic countries etc. I will tie it all together and respond to your posts on those threads. I will surely respond if not in full, then surely in part. I do not think markets are the be all and end all solution. They do fail. They most certainly do fail.

You often quote the telecoms industry in Nigeria as a model of how well free markets work. You are right to an extent. What you have never touched upon however, is the hidden costs imposed on free markets when institutions are not working properly. Are you aware of Econet Wireless's Strive Matsiwiya's trials with state governors in Nigeria and their demands for gratification in the 1990s - as a precondition for doing business? Will we ever know the true costs to the economy of those demands?
Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by Kennyswag: 1:30am On Jan 01
I watched the video and the people shouting were not more than 3, with the majority cheering him.

igbos looking for consolation news.

let me tell you guys, even if Jesus Christ should nominate obi, we won't still vote for him tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by IbeOkehie: 1:54am On Jan 01
Fujiyama:

I went though your Heritage Foundation website at length, spent quite a bit of time on their Index, spent even more time on new stuff about the welfare state in Nordic countries etc. I will tie it all together and respond to your posts on those threads. I will surely respond if not in full, then surely in part. I do not think markets are the be all and end all solution. They do fail. They most certainly do fail.

You often quote the telecoms industry in Nigeria as a model of how well free markets work. You are right to an extent. What you have never touched upon however, is the hidden costs imposed on free markets when institutions are not working properly. Are you aware of Econet Wireless's Strive Matsiwiya's trials with state governors in Nigeria and their demands for gratification in the 1990s - as a precondition for doing business? Will we ever know the true costs to the economy of those demands?

No babes angry

Nobody can claim free markets are perfect. In the matter of corruption, free markets drastically REDUCE corruption. That is very completely factual.

Look, as I've written before, the determinants of development are free markets, property rights, homogeneity and viable democracy. Nigeria has NONE of them, the only one is maybe a modicum of democracy.

Corruption isn't really a problem. When the major pillars of development are in place, corruption takes care of itself.

The major measure of corruption in the world is a PERCEPTION index. There's a good reason for that.

Good Luck to Nigeria.
Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by Gerrard59(m): 2:55am On Jan 01
IbeOkehie:

His answer was this:

grin shocked grin

To be fair to Peter Obi, I would not blame him for making that statement. On the surface, the Nigerian economy seems free and even freer than most developing countries across the world with similar populations and growth trajectories. However, upon reading your posts and analysis, I realised it is not really true. While he should have known better as a businessman and politician, I cannot entirely blame him.

We as Igbo need to come to terms with what has happened to us in Nigeria. Its' a huge, self inflicted and deeply historic political defeat that has played out over nearly a century. Can it be overcome and what does "overcome" mean? [b] It surely MUST incorporate a FREEDOM agenda for ALL tribes within Nigeria, but here you have Peter Obi implying that we're too free already. grin I have some ideas, but who am I, in Igboland the socio-political order is plutocratic, so there you are.

Oh yes! We have been defeated politically for the next quarter of a century. Your suggestion in overcoming it can only come when there is an ethnic minority in power as GEJ or outright division. A confederacy cannot work in Nigeria because the ethnic groups dominating the polity don't want such to happen.

Worse, we have a contemporary context of an empowered Political Islam. Once any people become a minority in an Islamic dominated nation state, they're finished, they're destined for long term subjugation, exploitation, pogroms and on and on. Well, Southern Sudan got out sha, maybe we need to learn whatever we can from them.

That is actually my greatest fear. It is OK to be a minority in, say, Ghana or Namibia, but when Political Islam is added to the mix, it gets bloody, messy, destabilizing and subjugating. It is eternal doom! South Sudanese elites were united and systematic in their approach to free themselves from doom, but we are not. To think we have more people in the diaspora, especially the rich world across major superpowers, English speaking, wealthier than South Sudanese etc., it is disheartening to see the disunity and disarray in how we approach issues pertaining to our survival.

Northern Muslim elites are very focused and deliberate in their approach. Even Northern Christians learnt quickly and positioned themselves quickly. Unfortunately for them, Trump lost, and gains were quickly lost. But we? No! While the right to oppose and republican nature contributed to our success, it is also an Achilles' heel to our existence as a people.

It is why I have resigned to fate that the future is Ijeoma Mohammed, Ezinne Umar and countless mosques dotting the region (https://www.nairaland.com/7621766/tinubus-nigeria-nigeria-2050). My aim is to enjoy their bodies before our women wear sacks of garri as clothes, and I don't get to see their beautiful breasts and creamy vaginas. Imagine Owerri looking like Nouakchott? embarassed

E go pain me die! So, enjoy their bodies before it gets to that stage.

To think we could have had an Igbo led sovereign nation in 1957 and threw it all away, only to engage in a futile fight for same a decade later. Truly one of the worlds greatest strategic political failures, especially when you consider the probable potential of the Igbo people. I just cry for what we lost, it's nothing short of tragic. And the same people that caused it are the biggest problems of the Igbo people today.

Honestly, it is fatal. Nnamdi Azikiwe didn't do well. Man was too optimistic just like most Africans and especially Igbos. Maybe na the religion dey cause am.

Nigeria needs a Confederacy...a drastically weakened federal government and strong PERSONAL RIGHTS within very strong tribal based state governments which can choose whatever kind of political and economic systems they want. NOTHING ELSE WILL WORK, Nigeria going on as is will have one inevitable result - (attempted) genocide.

That is the result of the only solution - another civil war, which would be bloodier than the first. Nigeria cannot be a Confederacy in its current situation. In fact, it would get more socialistic in economy and unitary in politics. Should the country not divide, expect an Islamic Republic by >2050.

1 Like

Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by Gerrard59(m): 2:59am On Jan 01
IbeOkehie:

No babes angry

Nobody can claim free markets are perfect. In the matter of corruption, free markets drastically REDUCE corruption. That is very completely factual.

Look, as I've written before, the determinants of development are free markets, property rights, homogeneity and viable democracy. Nigeria has NONE of them, the only one is maybe a modicum of democracy.

Corruption isn't really a problem. When the major pillars of development are in place, corruption takes care of itself.

The major measure of corruption in the world is a PERCEPTION index. There's a good reason for that.

Good Luck to Nigeria.

You na correct man. You know the drill. China became less corrupt as she embraced capitalism the more. I bet China is less corrupt than India and surrounding nations. In the future, Vietnam and Indonesia will be less corrupt than today, just as Malaysia and Singapore are less corrupt than they are because of capitalism.

The free market leads to less corruption, not more.

Mr Fujiyama should read this book: https://www.amazon.com/Prosperity-Paradox-Innovation-Nations-Poverty/dp/0062946730 Written by a fellow Nigerian who worked at Harvard University.

God bless Capitalism!

2 Likes

Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by yahoodetector: 9:31am On Jan 01
killsmith:

You will not make heaven for this your picture.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

God will automatically forgive the sins of anyone who is against this government.

Na jagabantists no go see heaven.
Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by IbeOkehie: 2:20pm On Jan 01
Gerrard59:

To be fair to Peter Obi, I would not blame him for making that statement. While he should have known better as a businessman and politician, I cannot entirely blame him.

Of course you won't blame him. That's the Black African disease, the fatal inability to insist on absolute truth and adherence to reality from our own.

The Igbo also didn't blame Zik for his clearly One Nigeria ideology as far back as the late 1940s. 🙄 Even AFTER the disasters of two Lancaster Conferences, and the resulting Biafra War, the Igbo were still voting MASSIVELY for Zik all the way to 1979 and 1983!!! Very smart!

Nigerian Muslims are still making excuses for Muhammadu Buhari so why not? And Nigerians generally still love Murtala Mohammed too and hate IBB who tried to save them with SAP.

So no surprises you're making excuses for Peter Obi. The BEST aspirant to the Presidency today is a millionaire businessman who doesn't know Nigeria is a closed, near Communist market. That should tell you something about incentives in that country.

By the way, the friend of Peter Obi I complained to is a well connected Nigeria trained lawyer who insists that individuals can own land in Nigeria. grin He might be the Minister of Justice someday.

Good Luck to Nigeria in 2024. They need it.
Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by elverdad: 5:02pm On Jan 01
Greatblackpimp:

You are stupid for not understanding sarcasm. Go back to under that rock you crawled from illiterate

Stupid like your parent's and illiterate like your foolish self
Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 2:31pm On Jan 03
234GT:

If only he can leave the country as he met it, nobody will complain......he is making the country worse in less than a year of being president.....we are not blaming him for not making the country better, we are blaming him for making it worse than he met it...
na lie,because you dont know what it means to make economy work. Nigeria is going thru delivery pains caused 23years of misrule of do or die politicians,u get it angry
Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by Splashme: 10:11am On Jan 04
Agbayaa
Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by NextUK: 10:15am On Jan 04
This won't stop them from teaching your father same lesson again again.

Tranquillity360:
Yoruba traders shouting “Ebi npa wa oo” meaning- we are hungry grin grin

Even with the political lesson they teach some people.
Re: "We Are Hungry O" - Traders Scream At Tinubu's 30-car Convoy (VIDEO) by Sergioaguero: 7:09pm On Feb 10
killsmith:

Learn from the igbos how to independent.

I am an igboist

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari's Speech At The Launch Of "Change Begins With Me", Plus The Official Logo / Obaseki & Betsy, Oshiomhole & lara Kneel Before Oba Of Benin For Blessing / Obasanjo And Atiku Pictured Together Laughing And Playing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.