Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,747 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch (30890 Views)

Did Peter Obi Attend Major Christian Events Before The 2023 Election Season? / Obasanjo, Obi Meet With Wike, Others In London / Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu's Birthday Celebration: Obaseki, Peter Obi Attend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by God1000(m): 1:14pm On Dec 30, 2023
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo and the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, graced the launch of a children's book written by notable author, Chimamanda Adichie, on Friday.

Obi shared photos from the event on his X page on Saturday.

According to him, the event held in Lagos on Friday, and was well attended by notable Nigerians.

Obi partly wrote, "Yesterday, I joined other very respected Nigerians at a remarkable event aimed at improving the reading culture of Nigerian children.

"The event which attracted notable personalities like President Olusegun Obasanjo, Dr Datti Baba-Ahmed, Prof Hakeem Bello-Osagie, Dr Oby Ezekwesili, Bella Disu, Ndidi Nwuneli, Chimamanda's husband, Ivara Esege, and others, was the unveiling of a children's book authored by my very dear sister and global icon, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.

"The children's book titled, 'Mama's Sleeping Scarf,' was presented at the event tagged, 'Christmas Magic' in Lagos. The motive of the author was to help reinforce the reading culture among Nigerians, especially the youth and children."

The celebrated author is known for her literary pieces like 'Purple Hibiscus,' 'Americanah,' and 'Half Of A Yellow Sun,' among others.

https://www.facebook.com/100064625772115/posts/pfbid02FgnoorUpPkgHHfDwZsbBZwWPaTtDdXKiBruv85uuwafEU6te9CA1SEqT9Wyc4WUzl/?app=fbl

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by God1000(m): 1:14pm On Dec 30, 2023
The gathering of great men

185 Likes 11 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by AqualinaXYZ: 1:16pm On Dec 30, 2023
The legends APC miscreants mocked has moved on with their daily balling

While Tinubu is showing his supporters pepper

Thank God Eyeneck rigged in Tinubu

If Obi was the president we for no hear word on how Tinubu would have turned Nigeria to New York within an hour

My president( I’m not talking about Tinubu) go flex abeg

287 Likes 27 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by illicit(m): 1:17pm On Dec 30, 2023
Nice one

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by iuni: 1:20pm On Dec 30, 2023
Good one from the Great Writer

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by Ireportlive: 1:25pm On Dec 30, 2023
cool

Congregation of haters... I wonder the magnitude of hate she wrote for her kids to read in her books

Her books would slowly indoctrinate Children into

Feminism

Biafra agitation

Fascism

Anti Nation, and Anti Government

65 Likes 12 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by IVORY2009(m): 1:27pm On Dec 30, 2023
Great men with vision, one day Nigeria would be great again

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by Jostoman: 1:35pm On Dec 30, 2023
Gathering of great men and women.

82 Likes 10 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by Jostoman: 1:37pm On Dec 30, 2023
Peter Obi the man that always give BAT Supporters a sleepless night.

105 Likes 10 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by AustineE1: 1:39pm On Dec 30, 2023
Beautiful minds....one day our 1st eleven will rule this country. Only then can Nigeria be blessed with the grace of prosperity.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by nairalanda1(m): 2:12pm On Dec 30, 2023
So, Ms Adiche finally realised that the children exist cheesy

P.S

I'm joking, It's always good when the master authors write something for kids. Must have read Achebe's chike and the river very well. The master's first children oriented book, and a good one it was.

9 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by Alhajikd: 2:12pm On Dec 30, 2023
Reasonable people president

GREAT MAN!!!

You must be an agbero or a hooligan to support a dubious and criminal entity like Tulumbu

FACTO

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by Elvis2kay: 2:12pm On Dec 30, 2023
OBJ join his Okoro family members. A real Igbo man will never depart away from his family

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by Alhajikd: 2:12pm On Dec 30, 2023
nairalanda1:
So, Ms Adiche finally realised that the children exist cheesy
angry
What do you mean?
Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by abc115: 2:13pm On Dec 30, 2023
Instead of launching it in Anambra to bring more revenue home , later they will be shouting marginalisation

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by Dpharisee: 2:13pm On Dec 30, 2023
abc115:
Instead of launching it in Anambra to bring more revenue home , later they will be shouting marginalisation
You are done with waving at Tinubu and shouting , “Ebi npa wa oo” meaning- we are hungry.
And now you are back to your trolling job on Nairaland grin

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by Blaze14k: 2:14pm On Dec 30, 2023
Ireportlive:
Congregation of haters... I wonder the magnitude of hate she wrote for her kids to read in her books

What exactly are they hating on including obasanjo

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by Alhajikd: 2:15pm On Dec 30, 2023
Ireportlive:
sad
You are the hater here because Obi, Chimamanda and Obasanjo are already made but you are jobless and poverty stricken and you are here defending the criminal that has robbed you of your future blank. Zombie

TAKE AM

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by oldguyman: 2:15pm On Dec 30, 2023
Chimamanda Adichie and Obi are both clowns.... When we say their region is backward in all ramifications they will cry... Why bring your book launching to Lagos, what happened to Anambra, Abia or Enugu? At Least you should be able to showcase her backward region to the world.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by LCling: 2:15pm On Dec 30, 2023
Straight make I go read am.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 2:15pm On Dec 30, 2023
City boy no reach there

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by taiwotimitt: 2:15pm On Dec 30, 2023
Obo
Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by nairalanda1(m): 2:15pm On Dec 30, 2023
Alhajikd:
angry
What do you mean?

I have modifed my comment. READ. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(No be everything be attack, oga Voltron, defender of the universe!)

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by datola: 2:16pm On Dec 30, 2023
Congratulations to the woman of letters

4 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by money121(m): 2:16pm On Dec 30, 2023
Ok
Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by killsmith(f): 2:16pm On Dec 30, 2023
One is donating to secondary schools and improving the lives of the younger generation, the other littered the city with thugs extorting bus drivers and violating the rights of law abiding citizens.

22 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by Tjra: 2:16pm On Dec 30, 2023
AustineE1:
Beautiful minds....one day our 1st eleven will rule this country. Only then can Nigeria be blessed with the grace of prosperity.
The Anambra he once ruled, how did it fair during his tenure?

Bad for Anambra but good for Nigeria shey? You guys are wicked.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by Sucre6: 2:16pm On Dec 30, 2023
The gathering of greatness cool

7 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by Goodnewsforlife: 2:17pm On Dec 30, 2023
All I see

Don’t bother to quote me cos I won’t reply u

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch by omoredia: 2:18pm On Dec 30, 2023
Many Nigerians left this for that and are now calling on God for divine intervention. God doesnt listen to evil and wicked people

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DPR Suspends Import Permits Of Capital Oil, Sahara & Folawiyo / Atiku Abubakar Meets Goodluck Jonathan In Bayelsa!!!-2019 Election. / Ambode, Mimiko, Fayose Meet In Ekiti (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.