Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa (790 Views)

Tinubu Supporters Beg Seun To Reinstate Chaos, Tribalism On Nairaland / "I Think You're Losing Your Brain": Galadima To Seun Okinbaloye (Video) / Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Validated: 4:20pm On Dec 30, 2023
@seun, there is no gainsaying that there is a very high level of tribalism and religious bigotry in NL. Equity demands that all people and opinions are respected in a forum such as NL.
if you really want to deal with tribalism and religious bigotry on NL do the following:

1. Remove Mynd44 as a mod. That person has proven over and over to be a tribalist and moderators are supposed to be unbiased and neutral, both in opinion and action. Do not ask me for proofs or evidence, just view traiks of his bans and see the selective bans he handed out.
Tribalism is not just about posting tribal comments, but selectively banning counter or opposing view or retaliatory posts while promoting others is tribalism. This makes it to faster.

2. Make rule 2 effective and ensure bans are up to 90 days. Tribalism and ethnic jingois should be fully compensated for their activities. Imagine making all opinions against Tinubu an ethnic opinion without evidence. That is tribalism, because I for example have been called IPOB severally just because I am not a Tinubu supporter.

3. Stop allowing posting of proxy tribal topics from other platforms like Twitters. A lot of tribal-laced topic from a sworn tribalist like Reno makes FP. Allowing such and moving such tribal topics to FP is Tribalism.
Go and check, all Reno Omokri's tribal posts about Igbos litter your FP. When you allow such, you surreptitiously support Tribalism as you are not better than the poster.

4. Reinvent NL and provide criteria for opinions to hit FP. Not just based on the whims and caprices of your mods and some seoect .NLers.

5. Put all your mods out for member opinion polls annually. What I mean here is to subject your mods to public approval. Going into 2024 publish your moderators one after the other and include a vote button for Re-elect or Dismiss options. Allow 24hrs voting period Any moderator failing 50% re-election should be removed.

6. Make religion equally respected or remove the section. If non-muslims are required to swear an oath before posting on Muslim topics, reciprocate that on all Christians topics. Otherwise, allow freedom of speech and opinions across the two main religions, Christianity and Islam.

My 2 cents.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Codepain: 4:22pm On Dec 30, 2023
Remove him yourself because na you own the forum

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Validated: 4:28pm On Dec 30, 2023
Codepain:
Firstly, the post was not meant for your opinion. It is clearly directed. Second, this is my personal opinion. You can air yours.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by BossGerald: 4:29pm On Dec 30, 2023
Also remove MANNABBQGRILL immunity here or you give every account same immunity.

Does seun even think people are not seeing what is happening here

Codepain:

The real enemies of nairaland Don show...Apc propagandists

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Omoawoke: 4:29pm On Dec 30, 2023
Validated:

Firstly, the post was not meant for your opinion. It is clearly directed. Second, this is my personal opinion. You can air yours.

Come remove am make we see.

Same people hating Seun,
Same people hating mynd44
Same people hating nairaland

You are the same people. Enemies of progress

Stop tarnishing the image of nairaland. The only people crying against nairaland are you igbos. Leave NL alone and deactivate your account if you hate Yoruba so much.

The bigotry on twitter is 1000x what happens on NL

Seun, can you see your enemies, someone you are supposed to ban for life for attacking your brand.
Don’t allow enemies use your platforms to soil your brand.
They will pretend like they cared, they hate you and you can see that in his post. Don’t fall for the manipulation.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by FreeStuffsNG: 4:30pm On Dec 30, 2023
Validated:

My 2 cents.

Mynd44 has the full support of every right thinking and Patriotic Nigerian.

But for him, other hardworking vigilant mods and patriotic Nigerians, what your mentor in terrorism and unpatriotic online activity did with Twitter and on YouTube that put those platforms on the wrong side of the Law would have happened here on our Nairaland.

God bless Mynd44. God bless Nigeria for ever!

What you want to do with Nairaland is what the outlawed IPOB group Leader did below:

In AUTHENTIC audio below are Nnamdi kanu's orders to ipob on live Radio during Endsars Protests

1hr 35Mins
Destroy every bridge and kill all Police

1hr 46 mins
burn down Tinubu’s hotel

1 hr 42 min
Burn down Nitel building and all Govt buildings in lagos, burn down Muritala Mohammed Airport

1hr 39 min kanu orders IPOB to Kill Army Officers and manufacture Weapons

1hr 47 min Tinubu must go down

1hr 52 min
kanu Confirmed information that Cele and Orile police Stations In lagos are on fire and Is delighted

Orders ipob to use green white green and blood as the Nigerian flag.

Tells ipob to target Tinubu and Sanwo Olu and their Children

1 hr 56 min
block every road kill Sabotuers

2hr.00 min
Destroy everything holding the Economy of Nigeria. Burn all pipelines

2.hr09 min
Kill the Army in Lekki [/b]Claims 15 people were killed in Lekki.,Set Dangote Trucks on Fire.

2.hr 15 min
Burn down Every Federal Govt Building attack Police.

2hr 18 mins
Describes again how to make Molotov Cocktail bombs

2hr20min kanu asks where are the ipob People with Double barrel guns in Abuja?

2 hr 22 min
ipob will make an example of Ikpeazu and Sanwo Olu all Tinubu’s nvestments should be destroyed

2hr 24min build bombs and lay them by the roadside

2 hr 32 min kill any Governor that declares Curfew

[b]2hr 56min
kanu says Tinubu’s hotel is on fire on his orders

3 hr 09 mins
burn everything Tinubu owns and Dangote Trucks the war has started

Every Police Station must go down

destroy all Federal Government Property burn down Lekki Toll Gate destroy Dangote refinery burn every Pastors Church that supports one Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktk4uXmlOLs

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by madridguy(m): 4:40pm On Dec 30, 2023
Dey play.

Validated:
@seun, there is no gainsaying that there is a very high level of tribalism and religious bigotry in NL. Equity demands that all people and opinions are respected in a forum such as NL.
if you really want to deal with tribalism and religious bigotry on NL do the following:

1. Remove Mynd44 as a mod. That person has proven over and over to be a tribalist and moderators are supposed to be unbiased and neutral, both in opinion and action. Do not ask me for proofs or evidence, just view traiks of his bans and see the selective bans he handed out.
Tribalism is not just about posting tribal comments, but selectively banning counter or opposing view or retaliatory posts while promoting others is tribalism. This makes it to faster.

2. Make rule 2 effective and ensure bans are up to 90 days. Tribalism and ethnic jingois should be fully compensated for their activities. Imagine making all opinions against Tinubu an ethnic opinion without evidence. That is tribalism, because I for example have been called IPOB severally just because I am not a Tinubu supporter.

3. Stop allowing posting of proxy tribal topics from other platforms like Twitters. A lot of tribal-laced topic from a sworn tribalist like Reno makes FP. Allowing such and moving such tribal topics to FP is Tribalism.
Go and check, all Reno Omokri's tribal posts about Igbos litter your FP. When you allow such, you surreptitiously support Tribalism as you are not better than the poster.

4. Reinvent NL and provide criteria for opinions to hit FP. Not just based on the whims and caprices of your mods and some seoect .NLers.

5. Put all your mods out for member opinion polls annually. What I mean here is to subject your mods to public approval. Going into 2024 publish your moderators one after the other and include a vote button for Re-elect or Dismiss options. Allow 24hrs voting period Any moderator failing 50% re-election should be removed.

6. Make religion equally respected or remove the section. If non-muslims are required to swear an oath before posting on Muslim topics, reciprocate that on all Christians topics. Otherwise, allow freedom of speech and opinions across the two main religions, Christianity and Islam.

My 2 cents.

4 Likes

Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Obiedun(m): 4:57pm On Dec 30, 2023
You are one of the tribal bigots making toxic posts

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by greenermodels: 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2023
Tribalism fester on Nairaland because seun tolerates it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Melagros(m): 5:28pm On Dec 30, 2023
Well, is a nice piece of advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 7:13pm On Dec 30, 2023
Wahala for who be Ibo in this life

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by chopnaira: 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2023
Pained OP is trying to censor news. OP should have better things to do with his time like pounding sand.

4 Likes

Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Omoawoke: 7:21pm On Dec 30, 2023
chopnaira:
Pained OP is trying to censor news. OP should have better things to do with his time like pounding sand.

Na who no get sense go fall for ipob tricks

Check his profile, his posts are so toxic and filled with bigotry.

Same person creating thread to complain

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by AlhajiCSO: 7:25pm On Dec 30, 2023
Ndimkpurummiri:
Wahala for who be Ibo in this life
mynd44 lalasticlala Seun Dominique nlfpmod Mukina2
Rule 2
Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by seunmsg(m): 7:45pm On Dec 30, 2023
OP is one of the funniest guys I’ve encountered on this forum. Most of his threads are best suited for jokes section including this one. How people from the SE always try to paint APC supporters as tribalist is just laughable. These guys have absolutely no idea what democracy is all about. To them, you’re a tribalist once you’re not supporting the preferred candidate of majority of SE folks in any election. Some of us have grown a think skin to their funny games so we are not bothered. Folks like Seun really need to man up and stop allowing them to gaslight him.

Tribalism on any popular forum can’t be tamed. The tribal war currently raging on Twitter NG is even far more than what we’re witnessing on Nairaland but nobody is blaming it on Elon Musk. So, why should Seun be blamed for comments made by over 2m members? Funny enough, those blackmailing Seun with the tribal badge are majorly from a particular region. The question is, why are they picking on Seun? I have the answer but I will allow Seun figure it out himself.

What those guys shouting tribalism and pushing for the sack of just only one mod out of the numerous mods really want is not a Nairaland free of bigotry. What they want is a Nairaland where they can rain insults, abuses, lies, hate and propaganda against all other tribes without getting any response or pushback from any quarters and without any restrain from any moderator. That’s why they are so mad at the only moderator trying to ensure sanity on the forum.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Beremx(f): 7:50pm On Dec 30, 2023
I agree with everything the Op has stated except removing Mynd44 as moderator. His co -moderator in politics section should be removed and replaced with another moderator from another ethnic group.
Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Splashme: 8:15pm On Dec 30, 2023
Ok
Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by FoolishBoy419: 8:30pm On Dec 30, 2023
Even if Mynd44 is fired, you guys would still not be satisfied. You just hate anybody that is neutral. You have very similar traits with Israel. As long as you are not unconditionally supported to insult, mock, and disrespect others, you start crying about tribalism just as Israel calls everything antisemitic these days.

3 Likes

Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by seunmsg(m): 8:38pm On Dec 30, 2023
Beremx:
I agree with everything the Op has stated except removing Mynd44 as moderator. His co -moderator in politics section should be removed and replaced with another moderator from another ethnic group.

Lalasticlala who has now metamorphosed to nlfpmod is a supermod from SE with powers to moderate the politics section in addition to pushing threads to front page. Should other forum members also ask for a supermod from their ethnic groups to balance the equation?

6 Likes

Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Goodnewsforlife: 9:13pm On Dec 30, 2023
Validated:

My 2 cents.
u dey craze

U igbos think this is biafragist or Biafrasay where u do your madness at will

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Beremx(f): 9:47pm On Dec 30, 2023
seunmsg:

Lalasticlala who has now metamorphosed to nlfpmod is a supermod from SE with powers to moderate the politics section in addition to pushing threads to front page. Should other forum members also ask for a supermod from their ethnic groups to balance the equation?
Are we both not saying the same thing? The way you quote me and comment and make me confused, I don't understand you. Are you whinnying me or what?
Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by favor914: 9:52pm On Dec 30, 2023
Validated:

My 2 cents.
Validated Ipob sympathizer Hypocrite Wailer.

2 Likes

Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by seunmsg(m): 10:01pm On Dec 30, 2023
Beremx:
Are we both not saying the same thing? The way you quote me and comment and make me confused, I don't understand you. Are you whinnying me or what?

We are not saying the same thing at all. I asked you a question based on your comment. I’m sure you’re well aware that lalasticlala also moderate the politics section. So, why call for another mod based on ethnic leanings? Won’t there be confusion if all other forum members request for moderators from their ethnic group as well?

What Nairaland need are moderators who can enforce the rules irrespective of the ethnicity of those involved. Sexkillz once moderated the politics section and he enforced the rules irrespective of the ethnicity of the offender. He was very tough on rule breakers. I prefer to see folks like him appointed as moderators despite him being Igbo. Enough of making everything about ethnicity.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Beremx(f): 10:24pm On Dec 30, 2023
seunmsg:

We are not saying the same thing at all. I asked you a question based on your comment. I’m sure you’re well aware that lalasticlala also moderate the politics section. So, why call for another mod based on ethnic leanings? Won’t there be confusion if all other forum members request for moderators from their ethnic group as well?

What Nairaland need are moderators who can enforce the rules irrespective of the ethnicity of those involved. Sexkillz once moderated the politics section and he enforced the rules irrespective of the ethnicity of the offender. He was a very tough on rule breakers. I prefer to see folks like him appointed as moderators despite being Igbo. Enough of making everything about ethnicity.
my comment was based on the reaction of those who wanted Mynd44 to be sacked. Left for me, I'm okay with any moderator as long as he isn't biased. I also think the co-mod should be changed because he isn't active.
Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Good2go1: 10:28pm On Dec 30, 2023
Are you not yoruba again? everything about you guys is viewed from tribal perspective
chopnaira:
Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by seunmsg(m): 10:30pm On Dec 30, 2023
Beremx:
my comment was based on the reaction of those who wanted Mynd44 to be sacked. Left for me, I'm okay with any moderator as long as he isn't biased. I also think the co-mod should be changed because he isn't active.

Alright.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Validated: 8:13am On Dec 31, 2023
favor914:

@Favor914 thank you for labeling me ipob and wailer. I hope you will not take offence with my reply? Well, for your info, this thread was not intended for mere chippies, but seriously minded Nigerians. When we start discussions on the dicksucking, we will welcome the opinions of grisettes. Here, it is for smart brains and not a section to dignify courtesans.
I hope you appreciate my sense humor. Happy new year!
Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by TylerDurden: 8:17am On Dec 31, 2023
Validated:

My 2 cents.

Why not fck off ?

Why don't you guys go and form your Biafra land alternative ?

Whatever shit that gets thrown your way is in response to you guys foolish posts and topics here.

2 Likes

Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by drlateef: 8:18am On Dec 31, 2023
Validated:

My 2 cents.

Another IPOB ranting 😂

2 Likes

Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by drlateef: 8:20am On Dec 31, 2023
Validated:

My 2 cents.

Another IPOB ranting 😂 Shall we make Maazi Kanu the mod from his prison cell?

3 Likes

Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by TylerDurden: 8:35am On Dec 31, 2023
The tribalism trope is being used by these cretins just as anti-Semitism is the main arsenal used by Jews to deflect from their own shortcomings.

The idiots are all screaming tribalism as if they are saints here whereas they are the most tribalistic goats here who are always insulting others .

The true reason they hate NL isn't because of the tribal banter that they also engage fully in, but because NL is countering their revisionism and schooling them with hard bitter truths .

They also hate NL because it is an archive curator of their criminal ways.

On a sticky thread created by Seun banning tribal slurs, one even demanded from Seun that all topics reporting on drug peddling and trafficking be banned . The idiot claimed that allowing such topics which are headline news to be presented here, are fueling tribalism on this forum.

Here is the link to the post in question https://www.nairaland.com/7631314/total-ban-use-ethnic-slurs/7#122123067
LAXconfidential
@Seun

Good day sir, please special attention should be paid to drug trafficking threads because they're the very root of tribal and ethnic slurs on Nairaland. Trolls like Leodeking and PoloG et. al have made it their life's ambition to source for news about Igbo drug traffickers and post them here with the view of ridiculing the Igbos on nairaland. I'm not Igbo but even I cannot stand the foolishness and hypocrisy.

DRUG TRAFFICKING THREADS SHOULD BE GIVEN SPECIAL ATTENTION.

Cc: Nlfpmod Mynd44 Mukina2 Dominique

1 Like

Re: Tribalism On NL: Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Validated: 8:44am On Dec 31, 2023
favor914:

drlateef:

Another IPOB ranting 😂

TylerDurden:

Why not fck off ?

Why don't you guys go and form your Biafra land alternative ?

Whatever shit that gets thrown your way is in response to you guys foolish posts and topics here.

drlateef:

Another IPOB ranting 😂 Shall we make Maazi Kanu the mod from his prison cell?

Do you guys use your brains at all? I sometimes shudder in disbelief that some of these posters passed high school.

Everyone is IPOB to you. If this is a gauge of your infantile reasoning, sorry! You guys reason like sheep, because out of 360 ethnic nationalists in Nigeria all you percieved as the SUPERIOR ethnic group are the igbos.
I dare say that because you only attack your superiors and not your inferiors.

Learn!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wike To Bandits: Enough Is Enough / Awka Rising: A World-class Hotel Fuels Transformation / White People Racist Proof Me Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.