Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market (25926 Views)

Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market / Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 / Naira Crashes To Record Low At Official Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by bayelsaowei(m): 7:49am On Dec 31, 2023
Mrchippychappy:
It's a tactical move for the Naira to trick the dollar into thinking we are crashing but watch how we would maneuver the market in the coming days. I have it on good authority from the Tinubu camp. A great tactical play is on the horizon.
grin
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by coleon(m): 7:52am On Dec 31, 2023
Jonjam269:
Obirodents have turned Nairaland to Wailingland. Losers
Are you people just silly or what? If you think this is just about election and obidients then you are just too naive. How old are you? Have you been to the market lately? Do you know how deep the hyperinflation going on is? So the people that are not obidients should suffer in poverty and pernury because the government is incompetent and cannot manage the economy.
This is not about election and people's choices in the election anymore but about the lives of Nigerians. Very soon APC will get that insurrection they are looking for and it will happen in 2024 if things continue this way.
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by ismhab(m): 8:10am On Dec 31, 2023
zombieHUNTER:

This guy is a Yoruba Muslim

They are cheering on Tinubu as he loots the country dry ..
selling false hope to fools on social media..

Renewed shege pro max on the beat

And they are
Ebi npa wa oo” meaning- we are hungry.
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by ufotunang: 8:23am On Dec 31, 2023
See what APC and Tinubu has caused 🙄
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by ufotunang: 8:24am On Dec 31, 2023
What do you expect when you vote old men into power
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by ufotunang: 8:27am On Dec 31, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Who told you that peter obi is the Will of God for Nigeria. If elections are held after two years tinubu will win without riggings.
.. and why can't Tinubu and APC win election free and fair?
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by besayag: 8:30am On Dec 31, 2023
omowolewa:

Dangote is about to start cooking the first batch of crude but that's not what is giving the Naira High blood pressures

It's our tastes for foreign goods and services.

I understand you, Leaders came from Followers.

When leaders were to buy cars, they left Innoson and went for foreign brands.

When the former President was sick, he left best brains here and went to London

When they are to attend foreign events they went there in large numbers.

All these equally count on Naira.

Do you think the Japa movement is not affecting the Naira?
Do you think the paid software does not have effect on Naira.
Do you think unregulated price of National commodities sold Int'l is not affecting Naira

Just my 2D
during jona we didn't buy foreign goods shey??
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by lexy2014: 9:26am On Dec 31, 2023
ogododo:
Naira depreciated to the worst low in recent times exchanging at N1,043.09 to the dollar at the official foreign exchange market on Thursday.

This is against N872.59 /$ recorded on Wednesday at the Nigerian Autonomous Foreign Exchange Market (NAFEM).

According to dealers, the rate was stronger than N885.88/$ quoted on Friday before the Christmas holidays.

Data from the FMDQ showed that dollar supply increased by 38.81 percent to $127.93 million on Wednesday from $92.16 million recorded on Friday.

Southwest Govs plan joint committee for Akeredolu’s burial
Ondo: Tinubu intervenes as jostling for Aiyedatiwa’s deputy hots up
The dollar was supplied by willing buyers and willing sellers who participated in the FX auction at NAFEM.

They quoted the dollar at N1,235.65 on the spot trading, stronger than $1,248 quoted on Friday. For the lower spot rate, the dollar traded for N740, weaker than N700 on Friday.

Data from the FMDQ showed that dollar supply increased by 38.81 percent to $127.93 million on Wednesday from $92.16 million recorded on Friday.
Naira has been rated among the world’s worst performing currencies in 2023.

This is coming on the heels of Bloomberg’s latest report that naira is poised for its worst year since the return to democracy in 1999, with analysts predicting further depreciation in 2024.

https://dailytrust.com/naira-crashes-to-all-time-low-hits-n1043-09-1-at-official-market/

nairalanda1, this is great. lack of subsidy has solved all Nigeria's problems
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by 506olufikunayo: 9:47am On Dec 31, 2023
that one certain...which is why I am holding and will keep holding my physical dollar stash.that one certain...which is why I am holding and will keep holding my physical dollar stash....
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by Calitoscassius(m): 9:54am On Dec 31, 2023
simp4rebel:
If things keep going at this rate, soon enough, we would be able to buy a land in Nigeria with $1. I really do hope it doesn't get to that point.

That aside, If you are looking for a professional website designer or you know someone that is in need, i'm your guy — we will build you any kind of website for your business at a very budget-friendly rate. check my profile for how to get in touch or to see portfolio or send me an email to get a website quote.
Please don't jinx it for me, i hope it gets to that point.

The Zimbabwe completely phased out their currency and are using American dollars for few years now. Naigeria will not be any different.
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by Benzemma(m): 9:57am On Dec 31, 2023
simp4rebel:
If things keep going at this rate, soon enough, we would be able to buy a land in Nigeria with $1. I really do hope it doesn't get to that point.

That aside, If you are looking for a professional website designer or you know someone that is in need, i'm your guy — we will build you any kind of website for your business at a very budget-friendly rate. check my profile for how to get in touch or to see portfolio or send me an email to get a website quote.

I need your service, how do I reach out to you?
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by BucketHat(m): 10:00am On Dec 31, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Who told you that peter obi is the Will of God for Nigeria. If elections are held after two years tinubu will win without riggings.
Why make strong men instead of having strong institutions that will put everybody in check & stop impunity because virtually this political elite's across board have crippled this nation.

We're where we're today because we have allowed Vagabonds to occupy the corridor of government.
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by OKEIYIOKODU: 10:06am On Dec 31, 2023
ogododo:
Naira depreciated to the worst low in recent times exchanging at N1,043.09 to the dollar at the official foreign exchange market on Thursday.

This is against N872.59 /$ recorded on Wednesday at the Nigerian Autonomous Foreign Exchange Market (NAFEM).

According to dealers, the rate was stronger than N885.88/$ quoted on Friday before the Christmas holidays.

Southwest Govs plan joint committee for Akeredolu’s burial
Ondo: Tinubu intervenes as jostling for Aiyedatiwa’s deputy hots up
The dollar was supplied by willing buyers and willing sellers who participated in the FX auction at NAFEM.

They quoted the dollar at N1,235.65 on the spot trading, stronger than $1,248 quoted on Friday. For the lower spot rate, the dollar traded for N740, weaker than N700 on Friday.

Naira has been rated among the world’s worst performing currencies in 2023.

This is coming on the heels of Bloomberg’s latest report that naira is poised for its worst year since the return to democracy in 1999, with analysts predicting further depreciation in 2024.

https://dailytrust.com/naira-crashes-to-all-time-low-hits-n1043-09-1-at-official-market/
This Yuletide season there is a lot foreign currency remittances from aboard and sometimes before when the country was okay you see few naira chasing my dollars
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by hustla(m): 10:15am On Dec 31, 2023
omowolewa:

Dangote is about to start cooking the first batch of crude but that's not what is giving the Naira High blood pressures

It's our tastes for foreign goods and services.

I understand you, Leaders came from Followers.

When leaders were to buy cars, they left Innoson and went for foreign brands.

When the former President was sick, he left best brains here and went to London

When they are to attend foreign events they went there in large numbers.

All these equally count on Naira.

Do you think the Japa movement is not affecting the Naira?
Do you think the paid software does not have effect on Naira.
Do you think unregulated price of National commodities sold Int'l is not affecting Naira

Just my 2D

Chinese and Indians japa pass us and they also import so talk another one

Our major problem is greed and that we barely produce anything

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by simp4rebel: 11:08am On Dec 31, 2023
Benzemma:

I need your service, how do I reach out to you?

Hello, We can get in touch via WhatsApp at + 234 90 33 99 00 67.
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by sonofElElyon: 12:29pm On Dec 31, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Afrexim bank $3 billion loan will be gotten next week

https://www.nairaland.com/7952926/happy-new-year-nigeria-afrexims

Let's see if your prediction will be fulfilled
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by Benzemma(m): 12:39pm On Dec 31, 2023
simp4rebel:

Hello, We can get in touch via WhatsApp at + 234 90 33 99 00 67.

Okay!
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by Major77: 12:43pm On Dec 31, 2023
[b][/b]Naira is weak and weak forever..the situation in the country is speaking the language..we will see who will run out.. Up DOLLAS
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by Fujiyama: 9:18pm On Dec 31, 2023
kettykin:
Eastern Nigeria, time to create and economic region independent of the comedy happening in Niger same way white south Africa is running am independent African economy in South Africa

^^^
Highly inappropriate analogy.

The ethnic European minority in SA kept black Africans in 'townships', denied them formal education for years, denied them economic opportunities, denied them participation in the political process, denied them access to infrastructure...the list is endless. The Afrikaners and Boers essentially denied the humanity of the black African. It really shouldn't surprise anyone that SA has serious problems today - it was always going to be an enormous challenge for the black majority to take up the task of self government after the damage done by apartheid.

You probably didn't intend to convey your point in that manner it came across, but the beneficiaries of an obnoxious system like apartheid cannot be held up as an development paradigm or example to follow - particularly by black Africans like yourself.
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by Fujiyama: 9:29pm On Dec 31, 2023
Abufo:
The Tinubu governement is fast running out of forex options............The 3 billion dollars they borrowed from Afrexim bank will not last past January!

^^^

I find it very strange that AFREXIM has nothing to say about this support facility on its website - no mention of it whatsoever. A $3 billion facility to Nigeria -and not a word? Perhaps I missed it somehow - if anyone has a link to news on this facility on the AFREXIM website, kindly place it here.

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by abba99: 10:08pm On Dec 31, 2023
Tactical maneuver right?

Mrchippychappy:
It's a tactical move for the Naira to trick the dollar into thinking we are crashing but watch how we would maneuver the market in the coming days. I have it on good authority from the Tinubu camp. A great tactical play is on the horizon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

GTBank MD Position: War Between Segun Agbaje And Fola Adeola? / New Scam Format / Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.