Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market (25921 Views)

Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market / Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 / Naira Crashes To Record Low At Official Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by erniok(m): 10:38pm On Dec 30, 2023
ogododo:
Make una wake me when it don become N1 to $1.
No allow the sleep of death hold you if na wetin go wake you up.

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by PlayMaker14: 10:40pm On Dec 30, 2023
Judolisco:
We pray for better days... Some people are happy with dis news.... How bad news go dey give people joy?
Who created the bad news?

Mugu grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by MrPresident1: 10:46pm On Dec 30, 2023
Only Messiah can save the Naira
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by Kingzjayzee: 10:47pm On Dec 30, 2023
You just copy and paste. No editing. Wetin concern Akeredolu burial on top naira/dollar news?
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by genkins(m): 10:49pm On Dec 30, 2023
Official list of Nairaland APC propaganda machinery

Seunmsg
FreeStuffsNG
Abdul05
drlateef
AntiChristian
duro4chang
lhordspy
Moh247
Ayamed
WriterNG
Rashduct4luv
Lukuluku69
Biodun556
Expanse2020
BloomingDale
CoronaVirusPro
nlpolicewoman
mannabbqgreels
silvernorgold
Raskimonojendor
denreledave
ThatFairGuy1
N3TRAL
yarimo
Okoroawusa
LeoDeKing
Templarlandry
Helinues
God1000
Ola9ja23
Leodeking
Jones4190
Parachok
Ndimkprummiri
Staphylococcus
Throwback
Itooworwor
Madridguy
Akunjitit
RecentHistory
Slashthroat
Dipopoo
Antichristian
Ejimatic
Ipobantidote
Jones4190
Ahmed4u1
Jnana19

7 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by armadeo(m): 10:49pm On Dec 30, 2023
tola268:
Naira depreciation is one of the backbone of economy truncated. At this time, our government should work towards of having creators instead of investors. Our sons and daughters have knowledge of creativity, they can create many things that will improve our economy. The problem we have in Nigeria is that we don't recon with our own, we value foreign things and ideas more than our own whereas those foreign people make use of our children knowledge to improve their economy

The country doesn't support creativity. Try and start up and they'll destroy your business with multiple taxation. Anything you try.

Small medium businesses cannot thrive

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by JustPowerApps(m): 11:02pm On Dec 30, 2023
jmoore:

You are a true patriot. 1 dollar will be sold at 200 naira next week.

Leave the werey, nah Agbado miscreant
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by excanny: 11:10pm On Dec 30, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
It will strengthen against the dollar next week

Dey play grin
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by horlanif(m): 11:12pm On Dec 30, 2023
zombieHUNTER:
undecided

Tinubu's destiny is to bury the country in poverty and hardship while being cheered on by Yoruba Muslims...

Brace yourself Nigerians..

" Na statistics una go chop"
Is it only the yoruba muslims that voted for him or cheering him up? Religion & Ethics will keep hindering growth in the country if we don't stop all this hate speech

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by warlordd(m): 11:15pm On Dec 30, 2023
kettykin:
This makes Bloomberg forecast more scary. I am yet to hear anything about dangote refinery and the much trumped up turn around of port Harcourt refinery.

I am now fully convinced God wants to disgrace a demagogue in power for his boats, blasphemous tendencies and his obstruction of the will of God over Nigeria.

Eastern Nigeria, time to create and economic region independent of the comedy happening in Niger same way white south Africa is running am independent African economy in South Africa

That won't be possible since most of our people live outside Igboland especially Lagos and North.

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by warlordd(m): 11:17pm On Dec 30, 2023
kettykin:
This makes Bloomberg forecast more scary. I am yet to hear anything about dangote refinery and the much trumped up turn around of port Harcourt refinery.

I am now fully convinced God wants to disgrace a demagogue in power for his boats, blasphemous tendencies and his obstruction of the will of God over Nigeria.

Eastern Nigeria, time to create and economic region independent of the comedy happening in Niger same way white south Africa is running am independent African economy in South Africa
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by Eniolohunda: 11:23pm On Dec 30, 2023
zombieHUNTER:

He never denied his identity..

We have a guy here who said same like you
only to open a thread lamenting how things are getting out of hand in the country.

you are not the first fool on social media..

You are the greatest fool here, Yorubas wether Muslims or Christians are not responsible for your misfortune.

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by Chienex24(m): 11:48pm On Dec 30, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Who told you that peter obi is the Will of God for Nigeria. If elections are held after two years tinubu will win without riggings.

So you agree this one was won with rigging abi
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by Faposky95: 11:49pm On Dec 30, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Who told you that peter obi is the Will of God for Nigeria. If elections are held after two years tinubu will win without riggings.

Keep dreaming.......
Would he have won .....if Ineck.....and Judisbros no put hand......
Tuck truth
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by LikeAking: 11:56pm On Dec 30, 2023
kettykin:

President has lifted the ban on crypto and crypto exchange..

Enuf FX will flow into the country..

buying dollars straight from Binance with your Naira debit card, will strengthen the Naira

Banks don’t have dollars but crypto exchanges have lots of dollars..

Dollars will flow into the country..

It’s a reason for the dip.
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by Endymi: 11:58pm On Dec 30, 2023
ogododo:
Naira depreciated to the worst low in recent times exchanging at N1,043.09 to the dollar at the official foreign exchange market on Thursday.

This is against N872.59 /$ recorded on Wednesday at the Nigerian Autonomous Foreign Exchange Market (NAFEM).

According to dealers, the rate was stronger than N885.88/$ quoted on Friday before the Christmas holidays.

Data from the FMDQ showed that dollar supply increased by 38.81 percent to $127.93 million on Wednesday from $92.16 million recorded on Friday.

Southwest Govs plan joint committee for Akeredolu’s burial
Ondo: Tinubu intervenes as jostling for Aiyedatiwa’s deputy hots up
The dollar was supplied by willing buyers and willing sellers who participated in the FX auction at NAFEM.

They quoted the dollar at N1,235.65 on the spot trading, stronger than $1,248 quoted on Friday. For the lower spot rate, the dollar traded for N740, weaker than N700 on Friday.

Data from the FMDQ showed that dollar supply increased by 38.81 percent to $127.93 million on Wednesday from $92.16 million recorded on Friday.
Naira has been rated among the world’s worst performing currencies in 2023.

This is coming on the heels of Bloomberg’s latest report that naira is poised for its worst year since the return to democracy in 1999, with analysts predicting further depreciation in 2024.

https://dailytrust.com/naira-crashes-to-all-time-low-hits-n1043-09-1-at-official-market/

I set up both pure water and bottle water factory for people,if you want to go into the business,I can help you in doing full installation,and also treatment of any kind of water and estates water treatment and installation too.
Call or whatpps on 08089972896
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by LikeAking: 11:59pm On Dec 30, 2023
Abufo:

The Tinubu governement is fast running out of forex options............The 3 billion dollars they borrowed from Afrexim bank will not last past January! They have virtually no control over remitted forex.............I foresee the government seizing control of domiciliary accounts of depositors, that is the only source of forex still available to the ruling and thieving class........they are bound to do so to prevent a precipitous collapse of the naira! Lebanon and venezuela did the same thing too.........ee don red for the zoo!

Crypto exchanges like Binance & co, have lots of dollars.

Dollars will flow into Nigeria..
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by studM(m): 12:01am On Dec 31, 2023
Lolz,our naira is on a crash course
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by Boldideas: 12:08am On Dec 31, 2023
sonnie10:

Almost all the dollar you hear about are all gotten by exchanging something, in the case of Nigeria, crude oil.
So the amount of dollar you would have depend. on the amount of crude oil you are able to export.

Now let’s assume the federal government made a total of $X amount from selling crude in 2023, used 50% of that to service debt, used 30% for budget allocation and 20% for running the 3 arms of government, the money wouldn’t even be enough. That why Nigeria always have budget deficit instead of surplus like some other countries.
Now you see, that there is nothing left.That is why they go about looking for where to borrow. Borrowing means more interest to pay. This cuts into the little dollar Nigeria was making in the first place. Back to your question. You cannot control what you don’t have. Remember that some debt instruments are obligations. There is nowhere the FG will meet those obligations if dollar they have from other sources ( direct foreign investment, more borrowing, and other export, foreign remittance) is set too low against the naira. Another name for this is Default.
When a country defaults, investors avoid them because they won’t be able to pay debts.

Thank you. I appreciate! In that case don't you think that Nigeria Export Promotion Council should be a big deal? They have databases of companies that have successfully earned forex, wouldn't it be sensible and appropriate for the Bank of Industry to expand the business operations of these companies which will in turn create jobs and earn us more forex? I stand corrected if am wrong.
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by Elsueno: 12:15am On Dec 31, 2023
kettykin:

This is crap....Just like government can survive without enough citizens to tax likewise businesses men. You guys don't exists in vacuum..While it's fun to tease agbdori@ns once in a while..The reality is, for all to really succeed, their is need for some semblance of purchasing power by the populace.

I also don't really know why the government isn't fully addressing the rate at which d middle class is getting eroded in Nigeria through japa & inflation...This is an extremely serious issue
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by emorse(m): 12:29am On Dec 31, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Peter Obi can ro.... abeg make I no wish the man bad cos he no do me anything. The fact is that Peter Obi is not the president. If we need to call somebody to order, let's do it and do it now! I can't afford to waste the next three and a half years of my life because of a man(Obi) who is not in a position to do anything about the present situation of the country.

It's the current president that needs to be kept abreast of the situation of things in the country. That's if he is not already aware.

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by bluefilm: 12:31am On Dec 31, 2023
Achor1111:
Jagaban is working

Working to nowhere in particular.

I can't say I am surprised at this horrible outcome.

I only pity his senseless and hopeless supporters who must be hiding their moRONUic faces in shame and total disappointment at the dismal performance of their Lord and personal saviour so far.

Elections have consequences.

Dasal.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by emorse(m): 12:35am On Dec 31, 2023
Judolisco:
We pray for better days... Some people are happy with dis news.... How bad news go dey give people joy?
See bro, I don't mean to insult you but it doesn't make sense to think that somebody will be happy to be suffering. Only an idiot would be happy to be suffering. Therefore only a bigger idiot will expect anybody to be happy while suffering.

Please accept my apology. I couldn't think of any way to pass this message across without sounding insultive.
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by Juju70(m): 12:51am On Dec 31, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Stop it!
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by PDJT: 12:54am On Dec 31, 2023
-Good. Very good.
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by aestake: 12:59am On Dec 31, 2023
jmoore:

You are a true patriot. 1 dollar will be sold at 200 naira next week.
1USD to 1NGN.
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by Advision: 1:09am On Dec 31, 2023
kettykin:

Remember when they said "subsidy" was the problem and once it's gone Nigeria's economy would flourish and there will be so much more money for the government to spend on other things?

Well, now it's no longer said to be subsidy as subsidy is gone and Nigerian have been sheen shege in return, Dangote refinery is the "new killer bullet" .
Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by Advision: 1:16am On Dec 31, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Afrexim bank $3 billion loan will be gotten next week

Joker, no amount of loan will save Nigeria. Any slight appreciation will disappear once the effect on net FX reserve is considered.

The economy must grow, fx must be "earned" in surplus to grow the economy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by bentenny(m): 1:37am On Dec 31, 2023
omowolewa:

Dangote is about to start cooking the first batch of crude but that's not what is giving the Naira High blood pressures

It's our tastes for foreign goods and services.

Which product that is locally made that is a direct substitute for foreign goods?
Are you currently using a locally made phone to type this?
Even the local companies still remaining in Nigeria and being run by Nigerians are grappling with multiplicity of taxes, unreliable power supply,high transport cost, insecurity etc which normally impacts on their production cost and often leads to an increase in their pricing which is mostly higher than that of those imported to the country!

Let's be honest,The environment in nigeria is not conducive for any investor or business owner to thrive....hence the preference for imported goods!

Let's start by making our refineries to start working so that we can temporarily stop importation of PMS!

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by phrezzz: 2:49am On Dec 31, 2023
Boldideas:
If the CBN begs official rate at N200 what exactly will happen? I want to know if am being stupid or the wickedness of Nigerian governments needs a revolution?
Inflation will happen. it will be bloody!

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market by grandstar(m): 3:13am On Dec 31, 2023
kettykin:

Igbo land on its own can not thrive. It needs an expirt driven economy to do well.

Also, the exodus of Igbos from other parts into the Southeast would strain it for years. One just has to take a peep of the rush back to their various abodes after the New Year to get a feel of it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

An Encounter With Dr. Cosmas Maduka That Changed The Life Of CEO Stanel Group / GTBank MD Position: War Between Segun Agbaje And Fola Adeola? / New Scam Format

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.