Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Discos Set To Hike Electricity Tariffs Jan 1, 2024 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Discos Set To Hike Electricity Tariffs Jan 1, 2024 (621 Views)

More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff / 18 Anti-Fuel Hike, Electricity Tariff Protesters Arrested By Police / Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discos Set To Hike Electricity Tariffs Jan 1, 2024 by ogododo: 8:58am On Dec 31, 2023
There are strong indications that the electricity distribution companies (DisCos) in the country will hike their tariffs with effect from January 1.

An official source from one of the electricity distribution companies who confirmed the development under the condition of anonymity said a virtual emergency meeting was held in that regard.

“All has been perfected for the new tariff to take effect from the first of January, 2024.

“It is now left for various electricity distribution companies to enlighten their customers on new developments,” the source said.

2024 hajj: NAHCON insists on December 31 deadline
COP28: FG spends N2.78bn on estacodes, airfares
He said the National Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) had already invited distribution companies for a meeting on the development.

He expressed fear that while it is mandatory for electricity distribution companies to regularly evaluate tariffs every six months, the recent increase would meet customers’ dissatisfaction.

“In fact, we were perturbed by the short notice and how we would reach out to our customers about the increase,” he said.

Asked how much the increase would be, he said, “No idea so far, but the uncertainty has put us in a difficult situation.”

When contacted, another source from the TCN told Daily Trust on Sunday that only the NERC would have an idea of how much the increase would be.

https://dailytrust.com/discos-set-to-hike-electricity-tariffs-jan-1/
Re: Discos Set To Hike Electricity Tariffs Jan 1, 2024 by CodeTemplar: 9:04am On Dec 31, 2023
Back to back shege for some people.
Re: Discos Set To Hike Electricity Tariffs Jan 1, 2024 by lokotamak(m): 9:12am On Dec 31, 2023
You na don start to bring many many issue for 2024.
God pass you people shaaa
Re: Discos Set To Hike Electricity Tariffs Jan 1, 2024 by iwaeda: 9:13am On Dec 31, 2023
ogododo:
There are strong indications that the electricity distribution companies (DisCos) in the country will hike their tariffs with effect from January 1.

An official source from one of the electricity distribution companies who confirmed the development under the condition of anonymity said a virtual emergency meeting was held in that regard.

“All has been perfected for the new tariff to take effect from the first of January, 2024.

“It is now left for various electricity distribution companies to enlighten their customers on new developments,” the source said.

He said the National Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) had already invited distribution companies for a meeting on the development.

He expressed fear that while it is mandatory for electricity distribution companies to regularly evaluate tariffs every six months, the recent increase would meet customers’ dissatisfaction.

“In fact, we were perturbed by the short notice and how we would reach out to our customers about the increase,” he said.

Asked how much the increase would be, he said, “No idea so far, but the uncertainty has put us in a difficult situation.”

When contacted, another source from the TCN told Daily Trust on Sunday that only the NERC would have an idea of how much the increase would be.

APC policies doesn't care about people's pocket. Yesterday I saw video of people shouting, ebi npawa oo. How can DisCos increase tariffs when people income has been reduced to nothing. Tinubu is all about tax collections. grin angry angry
Re: Discos Set To Hike Electricity Tariffs Jan 1, 2024 by 01Deji: 9:13am On Dec 31, 2023
No one is talking about how to help the poor only how to tax them more
Re: Discos Set To Hike Electricity Tariffs Jan 1, 2024 by Jokerman(m): 9:13am On Dec 31, 2023
Are they crazy?? Why would they do such?
Re: Discos Set To Hike Electricity Tariffs Jan 1, 2024 by Treasure17(m): 9:16am On Dec 31, 2023
What they are good at without providing any reasonable services. Most times they do it without any form of announcement.
Re: Discos Set To Hike Electricity Tariffs Jan 1, 2024 by Totilopussylick(m): 9:20am On Dec 31, 2023
There are no poor people in Nigeria.

That's why bandits, skull miners, kidnappers, Saboteurs, boko haram, cocaine sniffers, unknown gunmen are unknown in Nigeria tongue
01Deji:
No one is talking about how to help the poor only how to tax them more
Re: Discos Set To Hike Electricity Tariffs Jan 1, 2024 by jmoore(m): 9:25am On Dec 31, 2023
I bought 3,400 naira worth of electricity for one of our tenants few days ago and got 38.5 units. That's 88 naira per unit, it was 70 something previously.
Re: Discos Set To Hike Electricity Tariffs Jan 1, 2024 by JASONjnr(m): 9:34am On Dec 31, 2023
The suffering continues......

Shege banza weh Tinubu the cook... While all of Una go enjoy Christmas and new year....
Re: Discos Set To Hike Electricity Tariffs Jan 1, 2024 by Itiskdg121(m): 10:21am On Dec 31, 2023
Senseless and selfish leaders in Nigeria.
You want people already enduring pains and suffering to still pay for more.

Very insensitive decision at this crucial time in the country.

I don't think karma is still effective. These leaders are supposed to die a shameful death.
Re: Discos Set To Hike Electricity Tariffs Jan 1, 2024 by Seefinish: 10:48am On Dec 31, 2023
Renewed Hopelessness
Re: Discos Set To Hike Electricity Tariffs Jan 1, 2024 by PressMyButton: 12:17pm On Dec 31, 2023
The President had intervened a couple of times from effecting an increase in price, i hope the President would keep his foot down and not allow them. Electricity has become more badly managed ever since the PDP Administration privatized NEPA to incompetent hands. It is absolutely ridiculous seeing FG still paying electricity subsidy to private businesses that had already bought over the national assets. I expect the Government to not extend their contracts after expiration and declare an open bid to more financially and technically competent investors.
Re: Discos Set To Hike Electricity Tariffs Jan 1, 2024 by ogododo: 2:00pm On Dec 31, 2023
Nlfpmod.
Re: Discos Set To Hike Electricity Tariffs Jan 1, 2024 by SalamRushdie: 2:01pm On Dec 31, 2023
With worse electricity's
Re: Discos Set To Hike Electricity Tariffs Jan 1, 2024 by SalamRushdie: 2:02pm On Dec 31, 2023
PressMyButton:
The President had intervened a couple of times from effecting an increase in price, i hope the President would keep his foot down and not allow them. Electricity has become more badly managed ever since the PDP Administration privatized NEPA to incompetent hands. It is absolutely ridiculous seeing FG still paying electricity subsidy to private businesses that had already bought over the national assets. I expect the Government to not extend their contracts after expiration and declare an open bid to more financially and technically competent investors.

The last time he claimed he intervened , the Discos still silently went ahead to increase Tarriff
Re: Discos Set To Hike Electricity Tariffs Jan 1, 2024 by PressMyButton: 2:13pm On Dec 31, 2023
SalamRushdie:

The last time he claimed he intervened , the Discos still silently went ahead to increase Tarriff
No increment on my bill so far, still the same amount and i also speak for my immediate community. We're under Ikeja DC and our tarriff has not been tampered with.
Re: Discos Set To Hike Electricity Tariffs Jan 1, 2024 by SalamRushdie: 3:08pm On Dec 31, 2023
PressMyButton:

No increment on my bill so far, still the same amount and i also speak for my immediate community. We're under Ikeja DC and our tarriff has not been tampered with.
Seems you are on estimated bill?
Re: Discos Set To Hike Electricity Tariffs Jan 1, 2024 by moodyguy: 5:02pm On Dec 31, 2023
But it was just increased last month ...why another increase again? ......As it is now my monthly bill is 30k and counting...chai
Re: Discos Set To Hike Electricity Tariffs Jan 1, 2024 by ogododo: 6:46pm On Dec 31, 2023
We go defend oo. Suffering don overdue.
Re: Discos Set To Hike Electricity Tariffs Jan 1, 2024 by Anunakeeh: 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2023
ogododo:

It's a welcome development.
Re: Discos Set To Hike Electricity Tariffs Jan 1, 2024 by ogododo: 6:56pm On Dec 31, 2023
Anunakeeh:

It's a welcome development.
Make I no open mouth for you.

(1) (Reply)

Ibo Muslims Waiting For Iftar With Peter Obi In SE. / Amnesty Indeed! / Super-rich, My Foot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.