Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 (35136 Views)

Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far / List Of The Highest Grossing Movies Of 2018 And How Much They Made / 7 Scariest Nollywood Movies Of All Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by Capernum: 11:20am On Dec 31, 2023
Jagun jagun... Such an interesting movie. That movie was massive.

3 Likes

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by besayag: 11:21am On Dec 31, 2023
UncleKoboko:
Guys and men that goes to the cinema to see Nollywood movies, HOW DO YOU GUYS DO IT? grin grin grin

Nollywood movies that mostly lacks quality, action, poor storyline and mostly predictable.

They just usually sit in the living room or bedroom to TALK in most of their movies grin

Siddon talk film grin grin grin
i went to see omo mummy cuz of a lady, wasted 13000 naira

1 Like

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by Fearyourcreator: 11:23am On Dec 31, 2023
azpekuliar:
Most of these amounts are still pittances but lets encourage them our film makers. A whopping N280m? Na wa
Thank you jare
Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by maureensylvia(f): 11:24am On Dec 31, 2023
I think I’m loosing my social life
I hardly watch movies anymore
Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by Coldspice: 11:24am On Dec 31, 2023
RepoMan007:
Hmmm. No Asaba movie there.

What Asaba nonsense?
Sabinus as a skitmaker is bigger than the entire rubbish they call Asaba movies.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by hakeemhakeem(m): 11:27am On Dec 31, 2023
UncleKoboko:
Guys and men that goes to the cinema to see Nollywood movies, HOW DO YOU GUYS DO IT? grin grin grin

Nollywood movies that mostly lacks quality, action, poor storyline and mostly predictable.

They just usually sit in the living room or bedroom to TALK in most of their movies grin

So you expect Naija movies to be war film story lines? Where some bad ass want to hijack the president plane and special force went to rescue kidnapped school children.Those films are our day to day activies though they needs some improvement

3 Likes

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by AlabiKILLER2023: 11:27am On Dec 31, 2023
richeeyo:

If to say your TV get Netflix you for see am
Poor kid

You sound dumb

1 Like

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by SirBunky85(m): 11:30am On Dec 31, 2023
abc115:
Yoruba movies leading the way
Doing and leading in business without noise

Be proud of your heritage....the world want to know more about you not copying other people's culture and lifestyle
try rest. Must some of you always go tribal every time? Nawao

3 Likes

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by UncleKoboko: 11:30am On Dec 31, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

So you expect Naija movies to be war film story lines? Where some bad ass want to hijack the president plane and special force went to rescue kidnapped school children.Those films are our day to day activies though they needs some improvement
So those war, rescue, horror, SciFi, vampire etc are day-to-day activities in the west?

RECEIVE SENSE!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by PureFace1(m): 11:31am On Dec 31, 2023
UncleKoboko:

Nollywood movies that mostly lacks quality and action. With their poor storyline and mostly predictable.

Nollywood is really trying to be honest with the budget they have.

Hollywood use millions of dollar to shoot a movie, why wouldn't it be better ?

1 Like

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by Onyiiobi7735(m): 11:33am On Dec 31, 2023
UncleKoboko:

Nollywood movies that mostly lacks quality and action. With their poor storyline and mostly predictable.

No, not all are crappy.Have you seen Gangs of Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by UncleKoboko: 11:33am On Dec 31, 2023
PureFace1:

Nollywood is really trying to be honest with the budget they have.

Hollywood use millions of dollar to shoot a movie, why wouldn't it be better ?

Who send dem message?
Is it by force?
At the end of, you'll use 5k to watch a movie they used 1m naira to produce, and the same 5k for a movie they used 1m dollars to produce.
Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by Onyiiobi7735(m): 11:34am On Dec 31, 2023
RepoMan007:
Hmmm. No Asaba movie there.
How do you expect Asaba crap to be there?

1 Like

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by Onyiiobi7735(m): 11:35am On Dec 31, 2023
SoNature:
Someone should tell those moviemakers in Asaba that Nigérian films have gone global.
They should get investors to invest in their movies and start raking in real money.They should stop making films just to feed and pay bills.

Because they understand that money and quality matter in films, Funke Akindele, AY and Kunle Afolayan are splashing a lot of money on Nigeria's films and are taking Nigerian films to the next level.

BTW, I think Black Book should be on the list.
Brother, sound the trumpet 🎺 louder,so they will hear.
Making crappy films of king and queen and the gods won't get them anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by Onyiiobi7735(m): 11:39am On Dec 31, 2023
Fearyourcreator:
Them dey try ... I don dey see some bad comments already... Why black people like bad mouth their own thing I no dey understand... See how oyinbo dey hype their own ... Even football players dem go hype them kpa... We sef go dey follow happy with them like slaves... There is always room for improvement... Most comments before mine na bad ones plenty pass ... Them swear for una ni
That's because they don't have sense at all.Americans do have crappy films,yet they don't badmouth Hollywood.

3 Likes

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by folake4u(f): 11:42am On Dec 31, 2023
I watched Merry Men 3 sometime in November at the cinemas and it was alright, though overhyped. Highly comical too.
Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by Thewesterner(m): 11:43am On Dec 31, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

All are overrated dumb fuckkk
Downgrading someone's blood, sweat and water just like that? Inferiority complex?

6 Likes

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by hakeemhakeem(m): 11:50am On Dec 31, 2023
UncleKoboko:

So those war, rescue, horror, SciFi, vampire etc are day-to-day activities in the west?

RECEIVE SENSE!

Zombie
Naija films is not up to that level and you can't give what you don't have
Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by DeepSight(m): 11:54am On Dec 31, 2023
UncleKoboko:

Try the ones that make it to Netflix, E.g: Jagun Jagun/ Gangs of Lagos.
Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by Fearyourcreator: 11:58am On Dec 31, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:

That's because they don't have sense at all.Americans do have crappy films,yet they don't badmouth Hollywood.
It's very annoying like if they don't talk their fellow person down their body no dey gree give them peace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by 7upnigeria: 12:02pm On Dec 31, 2023
UncleKoboko:

Lol, at least those individuals achieved something for themselves in 2023. Each of those movie owners made Billions. WHAT'S YOUR OWN ACHIEVEMENT IN 2023? MANY PEOPLE loved those movies that's why they went to see them at the cinema. HOW FAMOUS ARE YOU IN NIGERIA?

7 Likes

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by Ashawoman82: 12:30pm On Dec 31, 2023
UncleKoboko:

omo e weak me bro... I can't even download it, no matter the hype.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by Ashawoman82: 12:33pm On Dec 31, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

bro let it be mixed OK.
Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by horhlyray(m): 12:41pm On Dec 31, 2023
UncleKoboko:

what about the Hollywood movie you ve watch all this while what lesson have u learnt from it except the stunt and lies they have dished out to us from the time immemorial and will u say hollywood movies is unpredictable too?tell me how many of their films where main actor ever dies so pls let us always appreciate our very own

4 Likes

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by denzel231: 12:45pm On Dec 31, 2023
Breath of life is better than all of em..
Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by Yxxx: 12:51pm On Dec 31, 2023
Breath of life should be the first.
Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by kowema(f): 1:05pm On Dec 31, 2023
Babamide:
How is Merry Men on that list. I didn't even watch part 2 because of all the nonsense.

A very dumb movie I tell you. Waste of A list actors

1 Like

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by okerekingsley90: 1:05pm On Dec 31, 2023
UncleKoboko:

They just usually sit in the living room or bedroom to TALK in most of their movies ;

Oga Nigeria movies have improved in the last 2 years. Watched a couple on Netflix like blood vessel series like war : wrath and revenge

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by KingKO22: 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2023
Fearyourcreator:
Them dey try ... I don dey see some bad comments already... Why black people like bad mouth their own thing I no dey understand... See how oyinbo dey hype their own ... Even football players dem go hype them kpa... We sef go dey follow happy with them like slaves... There is always room for improvement... Most comments before mine na bad ones plenty pass ... Them swear for una ni

The bad comments are from igbos bcs they are disappointed not to found any Asaba product on the list

7 Likes

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by victorDanladi: 1:19pm On Dec 31, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

It's very annoying like if they don't talk their fellow person down their body no dey gree give them peace
Some mumu see talking down on Nigeria as show of intelligence
Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by duduade: 1:25pm On Dec 31, 2023
The last paragraph... Listing of Malaika and Omo Daddy was an after thought and ass licking....

Movies likes Amaefuna abi what's the name of this movie that Stan Nze acted in
Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by Fearyourcreator: 1:31pm On Dec 31, 2023
victorDanladi:

Some mumu see talking down on Nigeria as show of intelligence
I no just understand like who do us like this no do well ooo...

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' / Bbnaija: Beatrice, Yerins, Whitemoney, Yousef, Niyi Nominated For Eviction / BBNaija: Ike Speaks To Tacha After His Fight With Mercy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.