Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 (35129 Views)

Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far / List Of The Highest Grossing Movies Of 2018 And How Much They Made / 7 Scariest Nollywood Movies Of All Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by googlepikins: 11:33pm On Jan 01
Allisgud:
go and watch lahiru or wura and change this ur mentality
after watching them will it add money to my bank account?
Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by Allisgud: 8:27am On Jan 03
googlepikins:
after watching them will it add money to my bank account?
the same way the foreign movie u watch credit ur account,mchwee"person wey no fit act common house boy role dey condenm peoples work

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by emmaodet: 3:38pm On Jan 03
Allisgud:
the same way the foreign movie u watch credit ur account,mchwee"person wey no fit act common house boy role dey condenm peoples work

grin grin
Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by Zool6: 9:19pm On Jan 03
Oluowe propaganda as usual keep fooling urself Netflix will never list amount movies gross all this thing are propaganda ask urself why many top popular movies are not here like
Black book
Blood Versel
Dark October
Breaded Life
Shanty Town
etc so is only yoruba movies that are groosing money others are grossing tissue papers Netflix only list most viewed movies on its platform and it listed Shanty Town by Chi Chi Nworah as most watched nollywood and second overall movie while Netflix listed Charlesplay network Projects as first Nigeria movies to top Netflix number one globally and ranked number 1 in over 25 countries

I decided to stay humble with this movie industry when I discovered South Africa is realy pressing Nigeria neck in this movie things South Africa contribute over 70% of Netflix subscribers in Africa and hold over 72% of Netflix interest and investment in Africa of mere 1.6m Netflix subscribers in Africa only less than 10% of 160k are Nigerias while over 1.3m are south African read here https://techpoint.africa/2023/04/17/south-africa-got-71-of-netflixs-175m-investment-2016/

INo Nigeria movies have grossed up to 2m$ but South Africa movies God Must Be Crazy grossed over 200m$ pause and ask urself is Nigeria where she deserves to be ?? ,,,,,, all those movies listed there are propaganda u can continue to fool urself

quote author=SoNature post=127708203]Someone should tell those moviemakers in Asaba that Nigérian films have gone global.
They should get investors to invest in their craft and start raking in real money.They should stop making films just to feed and pay bills.

Because they understand that money and quality matter in films, Funke Akindele, AY and Kunle Afolayan are splashing a lot of money on Nigeria's films and are taking Nigerian films to the next level.

BTW, I think Black Book should be on the list. [/quote]

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by Zool6: 9:42pm On Jan 03
Though the right title should have been highest grossing yoruba movies not Nigeria unless u are telling me those jagun Orisha etc made more more success than

TRADE
Black Book
Living in Bondage remake
Dark October
Breadth of Life
Shanty Town
Blood Versel
etc

Trade is voted best nollywood movies of 2023

Black Book is highest budget nollywood movies in history

Shanty Town is listed as most watched west Africa movies on Netflix 2023 with almost 28mhr views

Blood Versel have been Netflix number 1 since it debut on ranked among to 10 in over 22 countries ,, today it's still at number 2 in Netflix over 2 months since it been uploaded unless u are telling us those yoruba movies made more money than l all this movie that is why I insisted this is propaganda

quote author=abc115 post=127708188]Yoruba movies leading the way .
Doing and leading in business without noise

Be proud of your heritage....the world want to know more about you not copying other people's culture and lifestyle [/quote]
Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by Zool6: 9:59pm On Jan 03
U cant be spreading propaganda and except others not to debunk you he should have titled it highest grossing Yoruba movies a lot is being done by everyone to improve Nigeria movies industry stop downplaying other

Even
Shanty Town Netflix most watched Nollywood movie is not here

Trade Number 1 nollywood movies of 2023 is not here

All this just to massage rotten ego

This is more reliable to see most successful movies than putting up figures anyone can come up with just to brag and spit others

quote author=Fearyourcreator post=127708297]Them dey try ... I don dey see some bad comments already... Why black people like bad mouth their own thing I no dey understand... See how oyinbo dey hype their own ... Even football players dem go hype them kpa... We sef go dey follow happy with them like slaves... There is always room for improvement... Most comments before mine na bad ones plenty pass ... Them swear for una ni[/quote]

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by Fearyourcreator: 2:16am On Jan 04
Zool6:
U cant be spreading propaganda and except others not to debunk you he should have titled it highest grossing Yoruba movies a lot is being done by everyone to improve Nigeria movies industry stop downplaying other

Even
Shanty Town Netflix most watched Nollywood movie is not here

Trade Number 1 nollywood movies of 2023 is not here

All this just to massage rotten ego

This is more reliable to see most successful movies than putting up figures anyone can come up with just to brag and spit others

quote author=Fearyourcreator post=127708297]Them dey try ... I don dey see some bad comments already... Why black people like bad mouth their own thing I no dey understand... See how oyinbo dey hype their own ... Even football players dem go hype them kpa... We sef go dey follow happy with them like slaves... There is always room for improvement... Most comments before mine na bad ones plenty pass ... Them swear for una ni
Which one be yoruba movie again ... Nawa ooo
Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by projectandpages: 3:05pm On Jan 14
Embark on the exciting journey of launching your cinema business with ease and affordability by partnering with Viewmax Entertainment. With a focus on community cinemas in prime locations like housing estates, schools, and residential communities, you can earn up to 450,000 naira monthly. With a seating capacity of 50 to 100 seats, ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience for your customers.

As your trusted partner, Viewmax Entertainment provides access to premium movies and state-of-the-art equipment, making your cinema a hub for the latest blockbusters and timeless classics. Plus, our user-friendly app enhances accessibility for customers, driving more traffic and increasing your revenue.

Skip the hefty costs of equipment purchase and maintenance, and kickstart your cinema venture within days. Click our link below to join forces with Viewmax Entertainment and transform your cinema dream into a thriving reality.

https://licensing.viewmax.com.ng

Re: Nollywood's 6 Highest-Grossing Movies Of 2023 by Topsido(m): 10:49am On Mar 09
grin I see some people claiming they don't watch Nigerian movies because of the reality of the numbers. I need no Oracle to know na Ibo dem be grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija Season 7: Kess Loses His Son / Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' / Bbnaija: Beatrice, Yerins, Whitemoney, Yousef, Niyi Nominated For Eviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.