Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,616 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa (6720 Views)

Edwin Clark Endorses Seriake Dickson For Bayelsa West Senatorial District / Bayelsa By-Election: Ijaw Group Picks Dickson For Senator, Canvass Support / Joi John Blasts Dickson For Sitting 'Disrespectfully' With Obasanjo & Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa by ogugwa1992: 5:50pm On Dec 31, 2023
Bayelsa State Governor, Senator Douye Diri has expressed his appreciation for the peaceful transition of power in Bayelsa, attributing it to the remarkable leadership and character of his predecessor, Senator Seriake Dickson. Governor Diri made these remarks during his visit to Toru-Orua, Senator Dickson's hometown in Sagbama Local Government Area of the State, to express his gratitude for the former Governor's support.

Governor Diri acknowledged the historical challenges associated with succession in Nigeria but highlighted the distinctive experience in Bayelsa. He remarked, "I am sincerely grateful to Senator Dickson for his acceptance and tolerance. In a time when godfatherism is prevalent, he has set an example by not engaging in such practices. We have collaborated closely and shared common goals, and I believe this should serve as an inspiration."

The Governor extended his gratitude to Senator Dickson for his instrumental role in his own ascension to power as well as his support during the November 11 governorship election. He further emphasized the significance of the annual visit to Toru-Orua, which has become a tradition since 2021, allowing for continued camaraderie and interaction.

"In politics, the ability to tolerate and accept others is essential for progress. Today, we celebrate our unity and the united front we presented during the election. I would like to take this opportunity to express my heartfelt appreciation to the people of Bayelsa for maintaining peace in our state. To those we may have offended, I humbly ask for your forgiveness. Unity is crucial for our state to continue its progress," Governor Diri reiterated.

Senator Dickson commended Governor Diri for upholding the tradition of the annual visit, which has fostered a sense of brotherhood, love, and peace. He urged the people of Bayelsa to embody similar virtues in their interactions with one another.

Congratulations were extended to the Governor on his re-election, accompanied by commendation for his achievements in office. Senator Dickson expressed confidence in Governor Diri's ability to accomplish even more during his second term. He also announced plans for a reciprocal visit to Sampou, subject to the Governor's consent, as a testament to their ongoing rapport.

"Our state has made remarkable progress due to our maturity and unity. It is our collective hope that this stability will endure. I would like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to the good people of our state and everyone who contributed to ensuring a credible and peaceful election," Senator Dickson stated.

The event was attended by government officials and political leaders from various parts of the state, underscoring the significance of the occasion.
https://leaders.ng/2023/12/31/governor-diri-commends-sen-dickson-for-peaceful-succession-in-bayelsa/

1 Like

Re: Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa by Nackzy: 5:58pm On Dec 31, 2023
Nice, first of its kind, what I know is Udom betrays akpabio, Obaseki betrays Adams, Fubara betrays wife, Umo Eno betrays udom etc
Re: Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa by SALLYBERRY01(m): 6:05pm On Dec 31, 2023
Ok
Re: Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa by Wealthoptulent(m): 6:05pm On Dec 31, 2023
ogugwa1992:

https://leaders.ng/2023/12/31/governor-diri-commends-sen-dickson-for-peaceful-succession-in-bayelsa/
If Oil dey entrance, D!ck dey always get Succession.... na Wetness be koko, Bayelsa na Oily land angry
Re: Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa by Talk2david1(m): 6:07pm On Dec 31, 2023
If you want to talk to wike talk to wike directly, stop cutting corners 😅

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa by chipet67(m): 6:07pm On Dec 31, 2023
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa by chopnaira: 6:08pm On Dec 31, 2023
Good for them. As it should be.
Re: Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa by Triangles1(m): 6:09pm On Dec 31, 2023
When you see them praising themselves.

Ghana must go is involved or the boy obey the father unlike, Ambode, Fubara abi na fabara and wike dispute.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa by Triplerg: 6:10pm On Dec 31, 2023
Nackzy:
Nice, first of its kind, what I know is Udom betrays akpabio, Obaseki betrays Adams, Fubara betrays wife, Umo Eno betrays udom etc
What do you mean by betrayal?
Re: Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa by Saeqi: 6:12pm On Dec 31, 2023
chopnaira:
Good for them. As it should be.
grin
Re: Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa by Wizuman: 6:17pm On Dec 31, 2023
God bless Bayelsa
Re: Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa by BigBlackPreek(m): 6:20pm On Dec 31, 2023
Good one

God bless Nigeria
Re: Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa by CoronaVirusPro: 6:22pm On Dec 31, 2023
Past and present Bayelsa state governors should be hanged!

A state with such massive allocation, low population and workforce, and still yet cannot boast of anything!

That state has been milked beyond recovery!

4 Likes

Re: Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa by Princeton92(m): 6:27pm On Dec 31, 2023
Nackzy:

Very funny 🤣
Re: Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa by bewla(m): 6:30pm On Dec 31, 2023
Talk am
Re: Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa by robosky02(m): 6:30pm On Dec 31, 2023
Wike dey fight Sim in Rivers
Re: Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa by NGO9ja: 6:49pm On Dec 31, 2023
Interesting
Re: Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa by HXTechng: 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2023
TRADE CRYPTOCURRENCY WITH EXPERTS....

If it's digital skills, make sure you have a good mentor, you would be successful.
Being profitable in trading is not by luck, it involves deep knowledge of technical and fundamental analysis with risk and emotional management.
I believe you want to change your life for better or more, Get train, join our trading group and trade profitable.
The facts ( profit crads) are here for you to see.
Just recently, FG has removed all restrictions on crypto trading, an opportunity for you to learn and even invest by yourselves, don't be left behind in digital assets.
Join our trading group and trade by copying me.
You don't need to worry about analysing charts. All you need to do is to download Bybit, create account and copy me using my accurate signals and guide. If you are new , you would put you through from scratch within 2days.

Message us on WhatsApp and get started

Re: Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa by tunjijones(m): 7:08pm On Dec 31, 2023
Re: Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa by Lastmankc(m): 7:20pm On Dec 31, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
Past and present Bayelsa state governors should be hanged!

A state with such massive allocation, low population and workforce, and still yet cannot boast of anything!

That state has been milked beyond recovery!

We don't align politically,but you are right about this.All of them should be killed.Most of them are ogogoro drinkers.The youths their we just be shouting our "oyel money" everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa by Pressjo(m): 7:27pm On Dec 31, 2023
Diri talking rubbish... Dickson too played Godfathering
Re: Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 7:28pm On Dec 31, 2023
Diri should shut up with this his âss licking abeg, Bayelsa is hardly ever in the news for anything serious except elections are near then you see them rushing one or two mediocre projects
Re: Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa by Thegamingorca(m): 7:41pm On Dec 31, 2023
What's with the walking sticks
Re: Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa by LAXconfidential(m): 7:57pm On Dec 31, 2023
Thegamingorca:
What's with the walking sticks
Re: Governor Diri Commends Sen. Dickson For Peaceful Succession In Bayelsa by LAXconfidential(m): 7:58pm On Dec 31, 2023
Pressjo:
Diri talking rubbish... Dickson too played Godfathering

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari And His Enemies / Yoruba Message To Igbos. Please Understand / Dapchi Schoolgirls: PDP Insists Buhari Must Visit Yobe To Show True Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.