Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide (35267 Views)

Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-aide / Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo / Jonathan Was Weak And Stupid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by dre11(m): 8:04pm On Dec 31, 2023
By Adekunle Sulaimon

Doyin Odebowale, the former Senior Special Assistant on Special Duties and Strategy to late Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, said the former governor was weak in matters involving his wife, Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu.

Odebowale, who claimed to have been a friend with the former governor for over 30 years and was responsible for writing his campaign materials the first time he contested and lost the governorship election in 2012, made this known on Saturday during an interview with media personnel, Segun Olawoye.

He also claimed to be the last person who convinced Akeredolu to contest for governor in 2011 despite his friends’ defiance because he was an irascible person.

According to the late governor’s aide, he confronted Anyanwu-Akeredolu while minding their cultural differences when she issued a threat to deal with Olubunmi Ademosu, who was a special adviser to the late governor.

He stressed that he was not pleased with how she was captured on tape accusing her husband’s special adviser on public and inter-governmental relations of giving him concoctions to manage his poor health.

Recall that the First Lady had accused Ms Ademosu of an ambition to become deputy governor should the governor become incapable of completing his tenure.

Odebowale further said, “You may blame this woman for indiscretion. Marriage is a scam. I hate co-habitation. I respect my wife, but she cannot tell me not to relate with people.

“On his wife’s management, Aketi was a weakling.

“She was acting like she had more stake in Aketi’s family than anybody. What point was she proving? I knew Aketi was not sleeping with anybody.”

“No office as the office of the First Lady. Aketi shouldn’t have allowed it.”

Dispelling the rumour that the announcement of Aketi’s death was delayed, the former aide said he was only aware of Akeredolu’s death when his phone was spammed with calls for confirmation, adding, “I had to ring his immediate younger brother, Prof Wole Akeredolu who lectures in LASU. I asked if he had heard of Emperor (that is what we call him in a close circle). He said he still spoke with him on Christmas Day, making him the last person who spoke with him before his death.

He maintained his four children were not even aware of his death until the news broke.

While also clarifying the rumour on having anything to hide after Akeredolu’s death, prompting his early resignation, Odebowale refuted squandering the state’s fund and intimated that his action was borne out of his love and loyalty for his late boss and that there was nothing needed of him to continue in the new dispensation of the present governor — Lucky Ayedatiwa.

“I have nothing against whosoever is in office now. I have nothing left to do in the office when the person who brought me there is no longer there. I can’t remain in that space and pretend.

“I can’t be as committed as I was with Akeredolu because I got all his support. It was not politicking. He gave me the wings to fly. He was my brother like a family,” he added.

Odebowale, along with the Commissioner for Infrastructure, Lands and Housing, Aminu Raimi, and the Special Assistant on Photography to the former governor, Olawale Abolade, resigned following the death of Akeredolu in Germany on Wednesday.

https://punchng.com/akeredolu-was-weak-in-matters-involving-his-wife-ex-aide/?amp

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by God1000(m): 8:05pm On Dec 31, 2023
Some women have overwhelming influence on their husbands, infact some men fear their wives more than anything else

137 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by Heartshe: 8:06pm On Dec 31, 2023
It's not a new thing BTW husband and wife

27 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by Northernblood7(m): 8:07pm On Dec 31, 2023
AKETI when He was alive thought that He had friends. Look at how his Yoruba close allies are betraying his family causing his Yoruba Children Depression.

Onye nwere onye Yoruba gba aka
Fiscus105:

I STILL NOT FATHOM WHY, WIFE OF SITTING GOV WOULD GO AS FAR AS EAST TO CONTEST A SENATORIAL SEAT, LET SAY SHE WON,SHE WOULD HAVE LEFT ABANDONED HER HUSBAND AS GOV IN ONDO AND GO TO ABUJA TO STAY AS SENATOR.
Busy body Akeredolu complain give you?

100 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by vanbonattel: 8:11pm On Dec 31, 2023
A woman whom, without which he would have ended up like his brothers in arakale motor parks as a tout cheesy

The woman had a strong, positive impact on his life. Pulled the man by the nose all the way yo the top.

Nobody should bother quoting me, my new year resolution is not to reply posts.

120 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by gasparpisciotta: 8:13pm On Dec 31, 2023
Women can bring down the strongest of men, ask Samson

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by veexa101(f): 8:13pm On Dec 31, 2023
It’s because of people like you his wife had to show that side of her 🤨

Mind ya business!

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by Northernblood7(m): 8:15pm On Dec 31, 2023
gasparpisciotta:
Women can bring down the strongest of men, ask Samson.
Like The way My mum brought down My dads dick with gonorrhea

okay

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by hisexcellency34: 8:17pm On Dec 31, 2023
It is now confirmed that Betty is a wicked woman

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by PlayMaker14: 8:17pm On Dec 31, 2023
The way these people are trying to shift all the blame to the woman is really surprising....

Would all these blame games come into play if her name was Betty Adeosun?

Allow the family mourn peacefully.... Except you are angry the First lady did not open the looting vault for you and your cronies.

Shameless people.... Na woman body una sabi show power, but when Fulani herdsmen land, una go run enter Benin Republic.

135 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by Northernblood7(m): 8:18pm On Dec 31, 2023
I won't be surprised if It is Discovered that his Yoruba friends killed him with poison or juju because of the hatred for this woman

71 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by TheBillyonaire: 8:22pm On Dec 31, 2023
As a close confidant of the Late governor, he knows where the loots are hidden. The wife can not be aware of the whereabout of all the monies. So he wants to pick a fight so he will not account for the monies.

He is resigning so he can dedicate more time to hiding the money. He will be richer than the Governor's wife and children combined.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by Fiscus105(m): 8:23pm On Dec 31, 2023
Women head easily swollen big when their husbands are in power, if you, as a husband don't let her know her level, she would cause problem for you. Infact, even in ordnary extended family, husband must cut his wife wings for him to be able to leave in peace with his siblings.

One thing that stained akeredolu legacy is too much power he gave to his wife and son, not even wife & son that too intoxicated by power.

I STILL NOT FATHOM WHY, WIFE OF SITTING GOV WOULD GO AS FAR AS EAST TO CONTEST A SENATORIAL SEAT, LET SAY SHE WON,SHE WOULD HAVE LEFT ABANDONED HER HUSBAND AS GOV IN ONDO AND GO TO ABUJA TO STAY AS SENATOR.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by Johnycastro18: 8:24pm On Dec 31, 2023
Well, is not an hidden secrets...
Most women tend to have this control over there husbands.....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by omowolewa: 8:25pm On Dec 31, 2023
If Aketi were to be alive, can you tell him this?

Now that we know, what should we do

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by ClearFlair: 8:33pm On Dec 31, 2023
APC and shenanigans

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by Nonny95: 8:36pm On Dec 31, 2023
omowolewa:
If Aketi were to be alive, can you tell him this?

Now that we know, what should we do

The whole thing is tiring.

Imagine a couple that lived for 37 years.

Meaning that out of 37 years, 30 years were spent without being a governor. If the wife was this bad, why didn't Aketi pursue her?

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by PlayMaker14: 8:37pm On Dec 31, 2023
Nonny95:

The whole thing is tiring.

Imagine a couple that lived for 37 years.

Meaning that out of 37 years, 30 years were spent without being a governor. If the wife was this bad, why didn't Aketi pursue her?
Her name is Betty Anyanwu.... That's why.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by Fiscus105(m): 8:40pm On Dec 31, 2023
PlayMaker14:
The way these people are trying to shift all the blame to the woman is really surprising....

Would all these blame games come into play if her name was Betty Adeosun?

Allow the family mourn peacefully.... Except you are angry the First lady did not open the looting vault for you and your cronies.

Shameless people.... Na woman body una sabi show power, but when Fulani herdsmen land, una go run enter Benin Republic.

If you closer to the woman, you would know that media didn't carry, 1/10 of her atrocities.

Check image below, as a wife of sitting gov in which her husband just started his second term in office.

Meanwhile, if you are a xtian, I will advise you to go and read story of a Queen(Vashti) that Esther replaced as Queen. What Vashti did that made king, her husband to chase her out from palace.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by PlayMaker14: 8:41pm On Dec 31, 2023
Fiscus105:

If you closer to the woman, you would know that media didn't carry, 1/10 of her atrocities.
Don't give me that bull crap please...

Why didn't y'all talk about her atrocities during her 37 years of marriage to your brother?

Why is it now that Aketi is no more you guys are now talking?

By the way, are you closer to Betty Akeredolu for you to know her “Atrocities”?

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by PressMyButton: 8:46pm On Dec 31, 2023
Betty was overbearing, overreaching and overstepping. End of the day, she lost both the man and power. When she was down with cancer, Aketi stood by her, gave her the best treatment money can buy and gave you a second chance to life. When Aketi was down with cancer and it was your turn to reciprocate, you allowed greed take the better part of you, you kept him in secret, denied him proper care until it became a little too late. You failed a man that could still have been alive.

332 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by seanfer(m): 8:48pm On Dec 31, 2023
PlayMaker14:
Her name is Betty Anyanwu.... That's why.

This has nothing to do with her name or where she came from. Can you answer why the woman refused to follow her husband to Germany? Aketi died in the hands of strangers in Germany. That should be a pointer to the kind of person she is.
I don't support Aketi's friends that are coming out to talk to the media.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by PlayMaker14: 8:49pm On Dec 31, 2023
PressMyButton:
Betty was overbearing, overreaching and overstepping. End of the day, she lost both the man and power. When she was down with cancer, Aketi stood by her, gave her the best treatment money can buy and gave you a second chance to life. When Aketi was down with cancer and it was your turn to reciprocate, you allowed greed take the better part of you, you kept him in secret, denied him proper care until it became a little too late. You failed a man that could still have been alive.
You guys with evil and malicious propaganda.... Well that's your stuck-in-trade. grin

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by PlayMaker14: 8:52pm On Dec 31, 2023
Fiscus105:

Check image below, as a wife of sitting gov in which her husband just started his second term as governor

Meanwhile, if you are a xtian, I will advise you to go and read story of queen that Esther replaced as queen. What she did that made king, her husband to chase her out from palace.
Please keep quiet and and kindly answer my question;

Are you closer to the woman?

Are you working in the State House?

Are you a direct member of the Akeredolu family?

Why didn't y'all talk about her atrocities during her 37 years of marriage to your brother?

Answer me and stop this your malicious propaganda against the woman.

If you are a Christian, you'll see where your Holy Book stated it clearly in the commandments that you shouldn't Bear False Witness.

28 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by PressMyButton: 8:56pm On Dec 31, 2023
PlayMaker14:
Don't give me that bull crap please...

By the way, are you closer to Betty Akeredolu for you to know her “Atrocities”?
Then you're either being deliberately mischievous or proudly ignorant. If you followed up in the news on her stories, would probably have cured much of your ignorance.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by PlayMaker14: 8:59pm On Dec 31, 2023
PressMyButton:

Then you're either being deliberately mischievous or proudly ignorant. If you followed up in the news on her stories, would probably have cured much of your ignorance

I can write an article about your dad, label him a notorious thief, rapist and drug dealer, submit it to one of these hungry print Media houses (Maybe Sahara) who feeds on propaganda, and I believe with this your shallow mentality, you will believe it.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by eliyke(m): 9:05pm On Dec 31, 2023
PlayMaker14:

I can write an article about your dad, label him a notorious thief, rapist and drug dealer, submit it to one of these hungry print Media houses (Maybe Sahara) who feeds on propaganda, and I believe with this your shallow mentality, you will believe it.
lolz 😆🤣😆,hate 4 a tribe go just mk some people dey yarn dust for marriage of 37years wey Dem parents sef fit don divorce sef

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by BloomingDale(f): 9:10pm On Dec 31, 2023
Yoruba men can use gossip to kill someone.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by PlayMaker14: 9:11pm On Dec 31, 2023
eliyke:
lolz 😆🤣😆,hate 4 a tribe go just mk some people dey yarn dust for marriage of 37years wey Dem parents sef fit don divorce sef
It's tiring my brother....

None of Rotimi's brothers, sisters or cousins have come out for the past 37yrs to complain about their brothers marriage with Betty... It is just the thieves who were not allowed access to the State vault and some couple of bigots making noise.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by PressMyButton: 9:11pm On Dec 31, 2023
PlayMaker14:
You guys with evil and malicious propaganda.... Well that's your stuck-in-trade. grin
Obviously, you are not aware or remotely close to the politics of Ondo state. I haven't heard of a woman wielded so much control, not even Patience Jonathan.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by Tmb78(m): 9:11pm On Dec 31, 2023
If that had happened in the East and the woman is Yoruba we all know what the same people who didn't even know Betty like we In Ondo do, would have been saying by now

We all were alive when Lola Omotayo Okoye was vilified and dragged mercilessly by the whole tribe just because she is Yoruba
The whole Yoruba tribe was taken to the cleaners just because the girl was stupid enough to Marry into that family

Even some people who were saying ' we no want Yoruba, na by force'?
Are the same people calling yorubas tribalistic because of a woman who they can't even vouch for or allow their own brothers to marry because of her razzness, and thuggish behavior over the years

Someone up there said why didn't people say all these before now

I believe it's only someone living under a rock that will say they haven't heard about the reckless behavior of the former first lady

Continue supporting evil all because the woman is Igbo but all I know is that Ondo state people will find it difficult to forget this woman after her tumultuous reign as the wife of the governor

I won't say more than this

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide by PlayMaker14: 9:13pm On Dec 31, 2023
PressMyButton:

Obviously, you are not aware or remotely close to the politics of Ondo state. I haven't heard of a woman wielded so much control, not even Patience Jonathan.

What's your problem with her wielding so much power?

Are you close to the State House?

Are you related with the Akeredolu's?

What's your problem with the woman?

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram Bomb Experts Arrested In Kaduna (Photo) / Kano Rerun: Press Release From Abba K. Yusuf, PDP Governorship Candidate / Pictures Of Massive Celebration In Ado Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.