Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo (3455 Views)

Akeredolu Was Weak In Matters Involving His Wife — Ex-Aide / Kwara Governor Drops Senate Ticket Under Pressure. / Rauf Aregbesola: I Didn't Pick Senatorial Ticket Because I Want To Rest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by tamdun: 12:39pm On Mar 06, 2023
Ondo state first lady,Betty akeredolu is a full blooded igbo woman and she was denied a Senatorial ticket because she married a non igbo

3 Likes

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by Ezeama400: 12:40pm On Mar 06, 2023
The same APC controlled by the ruling party where Igbos have no say in the party denied her the ticket because she married non Igbo ?

Una mumumess is terrible..

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by DispatcherLagos: 12:41pm On Mar 06, 2023
Ok
Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by Pauldollars(m): 12:42pm On Mar 06, 2023
Verify the allegation from her Senatorial district.
Using tribal allegations and whims will backfire negatively on any ethnic group promoting it.

15 Likes

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by tuborme: 12:42pm On Mar 06, 2023
No… because she is in APC and does not reside in Imo state

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by AdaojoTheUrchin: 12:42pm On Mar 06, 2023
tamdun:
Ondo state first lady,Betty akeredolu is a full blooded igbo woman and she was denied a Senatorial ticket because she married a non igbo

So Hope Uzodinma, Thiefnubuu's good friend denied Betty ticket for living in Ondo state?

Monsurus and Semius, you thievnuubu agberoes are wasting your time with propaganda. Your ethnic card won't chance anything.. grin

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by niggadee(m): 12:44pm On Mar 06, 2023
The truth is coming out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by tamdun: 12:44pm On Mar 06, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

So Hope Uzodinma, Thiefnubuu's good friend denied Betty ticket for living in Ondo state?

Monsurus and Semius, you thievnuubu agberoes are wasting your time with propaganda. Your ethnic card won't chance anything.. grin
Oga what we are saying is u won't take 10% of the bullshit u push down people's throat,being in apc doesn't matter shebi na ur fellow igbo,her only crime was that she married a yoruba man

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by stuffs2002: 12:45pm On Mar 06, 2023
IIGB0S are the most tribal people on earth

1) IIGB0S refused to vote Betty Akeredelu in her ancestral home just because she married a Yoruba man. They see her as a betrayer and not one of them anymore just because she married out of her ethnic group.

2) PSquare (Peter and Paul) became enemies just because one of them married a Yoruba lady by name Lola. They exorcised him from the family just because he married a Yoruba lady Things became worse that Jude (their elder brother) kept on cursing the one that married the Yoruba lady.

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by kingsways: 12:45pm On Mar 06, 2023
tamdun:

What is the mischievous point this time?

Why didn't she contest in Ondo where she is the first lady?

Blame Ondo for being too tribalistic to give her ticket

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by fortunateme: 12:47pm On Mar 06, 2023
niggadee:
The truth is coming out
What truth? Don't you read? She was denied because powers that be want a particular candidate. Just like bat wanted sanwoolu despite pmb pleas. It was never because of tribe.

7 Likes

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by tamdun: 12:47pm On Mar 06, 2023
kingsways:

What is the mischievous point this time?

Why didn't she contest in Ondo where she is the first lady?

Blame Ondo for being too tribalistic to give her ticket
But igbos can contest anywhere in nig abi

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by tamdun: 12:48pm On Mar 06, 2023
Pauldollars:
Verify the allegation from her Senatorial district.
Using tribal allegations and whims will backfire negatively on any ethnic group promoting it.
Nothing go backfire and if u have other reasons,bring it here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by Romanoff(f): 12:49pm On Mar 06, 2023
She would never have won.

The former first lady of Anambra state lost in her home State.

Not marrying an Igbo man has nothing to do with it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by fortunateme: 12:50pm On Mar 06, 2023
tamdun:

But igbos can contest anywhere in nig abi
Grace bent won senatorial seat in Adamawa. She is Yoruba who married here.
Ireti, fct senator elect is what tribe? Her husband is kanuri. Yorubas have also benefited from this

5 Likes

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by backtovillage: 12:52pm On Mar 06, 2023
I still remember.
She wasn't even given chance they lock the gate preventing her from going in

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 06, 2023
Tribalism has eaten deep into our society. Betty Nwanyioma Adadioranma your time shall come. Relax for now and let the Obidients madness calm down.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by fortunateme: 12:54pm On Mar 06, 2023
backtovillage:
I still remember.
Snot you think? Was it done because of her husband? The godfather don't want her because they have a preferred choice. Cica ambode and sanwoolu

3 Likes

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by fortunateme: 12:56pm On Mar 06, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Tribalism has eaten deep into our society. Betty Nwanyioma Adadioranma your time shall come. Relax for now and let the Obidients madness calm down.
If not tribalism why don't you people give her the seat in her husband's senatorial zone? After all grace bent a Yoruba woman has done it before.

7 Likes

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by Cantonese: 12:57pm On Mar 06, 2023
Shameless tribal rat. Mumu OP. If you do not have facts of the event, ask those who know, organization close that your ekuke dog mouth.

Your head like hunter helmet.

3 Likes

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by tamdun: 12:58pm On Mar 06, 2023
backtovillage:
I still remember.
The can't take 1% dose of the bullshit they push down our throats and we willingly swallow it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by Putindbutt: 12:59pm On Mar 06, 2023
Romanoff:
She would never have won.

The former first lady of Anambra state lost in her home State.

Not marrying an Igbo man has nothing to do with it.
Losing is quite different from being booted out. Betty was booted out from contesting, Bianca was also given the boot for contesting a senatorial seat in Anambra being that she was told to go back to Enugu.
When you're given the chance to contest and you lose is quite different from being completely denied. Try understand the true story before butting in with wrong logic.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by RiyaGoddess(f): 1:01pm On Mar 06, 2023
What's with these tribal issues here and there?

I'm full blooded Yoruba lady and I have 2 Igbo brother in-laws whom I love so well. One from Imo State and the other Anambra State. My two sisters got married to Igbo men and my niece and nephew are Igbos cool

Please enough of this I be Igbo I be Yoruba mentality! To me, WE REMAIN ONE !

Now don't mention me, I don't read mentions. Thank You!

Extra Read, look down

The Blessings of the Lord makes Rich & add no sorrow BUT The Blessings of the devil makes Rich & adds plenty sorrows.

Brothers & Sisters pick one !

1 Like

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by tamdun: 1:01pm On Mar 06, 2023
fortunateme:

If not tribalism why don't you people give her the seat in her husband's senatorial zone? After all grace bent a Yoruba woman has done it before.
U want yoruba people to give ticket to someone her own people(the igbos) denied ?
Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by XLence: 1:01pm On Mar 06, 2023
tamdun:

Las, las; BAT will not rule over a united Nigeria. Let us all keep fanning the embers of tribalism. The foolishness of a supposedly educated tribe will end Nigeria. Mark my words.

1 Like

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by backtovillage: 1:02pm On Mar 06, 2023
fortunateme:

Snot you think? Was it done because of her husband? The godfather don't want her because they have a preferred choice. Cica ambode and sanwoolu
Why is she the only one affected?
She was disgraced that day me sef pity her
Una think say una get sense.
Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by mrvitalis(m): 1:02pm On Mar 06, 2023
tamdun:

Labour just made a Yoruba woman senator in Abuja ...but you guys don't talk about that

3 Likes

Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by backtovillage: 1:03pm On Mar 06, 2023
XLence:

Las, las; BAT will not rule over a united Nigeria. Let us all keep fanning the embers of tribalism. The foolishness of a supposedly educated tribe will end Nigeria. Mark my words.
Pele marker
Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by fortunateme: 1:04pm On Mar 06, 2023
backtovillage:

Why is she the only one affected?
She was disgraced that day me sef pity her
Una think say una get sense.
Who told you she is the only one affected? Try the read no be every thing be propaganda.
Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by Putindbutt: 1:04pm On Mar 06, 2023
fortunateme:

Grace bent won senatorial seat in Adamawa. She is Yoruba who married here.
Ireti, fct senator elect is what tribe? Her husband is kanuri. Yorubas have also benefited from this
Their husbands' tribes are not as tribalistic as the ibos. Why did ibos chase away Betty?, why also deny Bianca?
Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by fortunateme: 1:05pm On Mar 06, 2023
tamdun:

U want yoruba people to give ticket to someone her own people(the igbos) denied ?
Yes because Yoruba women have enjoyed such rights in other lands. Sen. Grace Bent, Ireti kingibe.
Re: Betty Akeredolu Was Denied Senate Ticket Because She Married Non Igbo by fortunateme: 1:07pm On Mar 06, 2023
Putindbutt:

Their husbands' tribes are not as tribalistic as the ibos. Why did ibos chase away Betty?, why also deny Bianca?
Why not allow her to enjoy what your women are enjoying.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Check Out A Beautiful Scenery Of Onitsha That Is Trending Online / Breaking News!!! Serious Message To All Nigerians!!!! / Senator Ibikunle Amosun Pls: Save Our Soul .....Cult Group Kills 2 In Ijebu Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.