Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns (37270 Views)

Rivers Speaker, Ehie Edison, Escapes Assassination / Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' / Bauchi Assembly crisis resolved, as factional speaker, APC lawmakers take oath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by kollog: 7:38am On Jan 01
Something he will still deny as lies and state that he is still d bonafide Speaker of River State,
Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by epainos: 7:44am On Jan 01
Jorussia:
I read elsewhere that is being positioned as chief of staff by the governor.
Wike won this fight against the governor immediately he got the president involved.
Fubara is weakened severely politically,by the implementation of the directives of PBAT.
Those who fought, where are they today? You people always talk like you own Nigeria. He has shown that he is not a kid to be pushed aside. And I read the deal...it is not bad. He used Wike to rise to become a governor and there is an agreement on the table. Wike may be a useless man like most politicians...Sim is also a double useless fella. However, when it comes to power tussle, he has got the president's attention. If I was him, I would lay low also. Just wait and see how that man will rise. Wike cannot just talk to him anyhow again. Not possible.

Tell me one person who went against these powerful politicians and won. Just one person. Even the president himself swallowed many nauseating stuff...even bowed to Orji's mom grin....but today...let Orji go to the villa and not almost knee for him...they will bundle her out. Even Buhari...let him say nonsense and see what will happen to him.

Oga, the road to becoming a top politician is humbling. Only someone like Jonathan can clomb easily...those who are really humble. This guy called Sim is also very humble. If it was another governor, mehn! I like him. He knows what he is doing. And more, you don't pray to have Wike as an enemy. Who has survived Wike? Go check. You guys just talk. Where is Amaechi today? Ameachi was his ex-boss ooo. Where is Atiku today? To fight Atiku na beans? Someone who destroyed Atiku is who you want to make an enemy. Lol.

As it is today....Bola Tinubu, Gandollar, Wike, and Atiku are the top politicians we have. ElRufai has seen that he is out...but he is trying to restrategize. He did not get that those after him wanted to kill his political career cos the next post for him was to become the president. He didn't get it...otherwise, he would have fought to be the power minister when they were embarrassing him cos he has the president's backing. But he was too proud....lol. I trust Tinubu....that man respects himself...and it is why Buhari himself cannot say anything bad about him. Even when his appointed son went against him, he said nothing cos he knew he didn't have the power to do much. But as soon as he is in charge, do you see him as someone who isn't in charge like Buhari? Not saying he is doing fine cos I don't like him that much...but he is certainly in control of his government.

Do you want him to go against the power that can force a "state of emergency" on him? You people hailed him when he destroyed the House of Assembly and that was what killed him....cos the president can invoke a "state of emergency". The president has called the attorney general to give him angles to use and invoke it. A state where over 90% of lawmakers are rendered homeless because the governor destroyed their home? Wike would just tell them to bring real violence. Sim started it....by the time they start burning and pulling down structures here and there...Sim is out. Tinubu will impose a state of emergency and appoint Wike's new anointed person as the governor and then rule for like 1 to 2 years before another election is conducted. You need to think ahead .... don't just talk.

Learn to stay humble.

6 Likes

Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by EngrKemp: 8:16am On Jan 01
epainos:

Those who fought, where are they today? You people always talk like you own Nigeria. He has shown that he is not a kid to be pushed aside. And I read the deal...it is not bad. He used Wike to rise to become a governor and there is an agreement on the table. Wike may be a useless man like most politicians...Sim is also a double useless fella. However, when it comes to power tussle, he has got the president's attention. If I was him, I would lay low also. Just wait and see how that man will rise. Wike cannot just talk to him anyhow again. Not possible.

Tell me one person who went against these powerful politicians and won. Just one person. Even the president himself swallowed many nauseating stuff...even bowed to Orji's mom grin....but today...let Orji go to the villa and not almost knee for him...they will bundle her out. Even Buhari...let him say nonsense and see what will happen to him.

Oga, the road to becoming a top politician is humbling. Only someone like Jonathan can clomb easily...those who are really humble. This guy called Sim is also very humble. If it was another governor, mehn! I like him. He knows what he is doing. And more, you don't pray to have Wike as an enemy. Who has survived Wike? Go check. You guys just talk. Where is Amaechi today? Ameachi was his ex-boss ooo. Where is Atiku today? To fight Atiku na beans? Someone who destroyed Atiku is who you want to make an enemy. Lol.

As it is today....Bola Tinubu, Gandollar, Wike, and Atiku are the top politicians we have. ElRufai has seen that he is out...but he is trying to restrategize. He did not get that those after him wanted to kill his political career cos the next post for him was to become the president. He didn't get it...otherwise, he would have fought to be the power minister when they were embarrassing him cos he has the president's backing. But he was too proud....lol. I trust Tinubu....that man respects himself...and it is why Buhari himself cannot say anything bad about him. Even when his appointed son went against him, he said nothing cos he knew he didn't have the power to do much. But as soon as he is in charge, do you see him as someone who isn't in charge like Buhari? Not saying he is doing fine cos I don't like him that much...but he is certainly in control of his government.

Do you want him to go against the power that can force a "state of emergency" on him? You people hailed him when he destroyed the House of Assembly and that was what killed him....cos the president can invoke a "state of emergency". The president has called the attorney general to give him angles to use and invoke it. A state where over 90% of lawmakers are rendered homeless because the governor destroyed their home? Wike would just tell them to bring real violence. Sim started it....by the time they start burning and pulling down structures here and there...Sim is out. Tinubu will impose a state of emergency and appoint Wike's new anointed person as the governor and then rule for like 1 to 2 years before another election is conducted. You need to think ahead .... don't just talk.

Learn to stay humble.
U get sense..

Don't mind nzogbu nzogbu politics talk ppl do here.

Sim thinks ahead.

Even if Sim does not do any other thing again, this Edison resignation has proven to all powers that Sim is really humble,smart and ready to work and play the politics also

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by VIKTO83(m): 8:19am On Jan 01
Now what if the supreme Court judgement is coming hard against Sim?
What if the guy had seen it?
If d resignation is to pave way for him to become the chief of staff then good.
But like someone here said, the drama is gonna be way long and interesting.
If u fight Tinubu, Adams, Obasanjo Wike, ...I'm not sure u will succeed.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by BondRiv: 8:32am On Jan 01
He was never the speaker.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by Benbellamor: 8:39am On Jan 01
millionboi2:
that's how powerful governors in Nigeria are,he can't win rivers for apc as fct minister oga
seems you're a kid that can't read the handwriting on the wall...the Governor knows that he can't pass a single bill as it stands Next is to decamp to APC meaning that wike has won Rivers over to APC.....

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by NEIGHBOUR(m): 8:41am On Jan 01
yyba:
Mteeeew when did IPOB terrorists became tribe in Nigeria

Don't mind them! They were busy jumping about that Wike is finished. Four is greater than twenty seven! How far now?

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by Zico5(m): 8:43am On Jan 01
SirBunky85:
rest.Some of you keep regurgitating these nonsense talk of"godfather can't stand in the South"same you said,Fubara will run wike out of Rivers when this crisis started. Now, you've shifted the goal post. I pity any serious politician who listens to most of you online braggarts
We shall see.
Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by Zico5(m): 8:44am On Jan 01
Lifemanage:

Dey play. I only believe he might be positioned for something bigger
Godfatherism has never worked in south south. Wike will only disgrace himself. You puppet following him should watch out
Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by Indispensable85(m): 8:48am On Jan 01
Like I said before, they're all going to the APC eventually including Fubara. I laff una wey dey take side. Lol 🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by tesppidd: 9:03am On Jan 01
SirBunky85:
more to come from where? You all can keep hearing on wike but it's inconsequential cuz,he has made his political smart choice of supporting A presidential candidate he knows had the possibility of winning. You all think that wike would've attacked Atiku the way he did if he knows that Tinubu wouldn't win?you hate wike cuz of Obi who doesn't know if you exist or not. Same Obi who is now an errand boy to the most brutal president Nigeria ever had(OBJ) anyway, keep waiting for Fubara to strike.
Stop being silly...

I hate Wike not because of Obi.

I hate Wike because of what he did in the election between Obi's votes and Tinubu's votes.

Understand that and get that clear.

And again I repeat, all prominent politicians are loved by some and hated by some.
Wike is not an exception.

You all take him as your god and role model and so expect all and sundry to live him.
NO.!

No matter how much of a God you make him for yourself, some of us still see him as a very corrupt, incredible, deceitful politician and no doubt one of the problems of this country today.

You have your right to love him and kiss his ass,
And I reserve my right to loathe and disgust him.
Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by Whalis: 9:15am On Jan 01
epainos:

Learn to stay humble.
This is sound objective reasoning and I can authoritatively attest that you are not from AfghanEastan.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by sylve11: 9:23am On Jan 01
SirBunky85:
rest.Some of you keep regurgitating these nonsense talk of"godfather can't stand in the South"same you said,Fubara will run wike out of Rivers when this crisis started. Now, you've shifted the goal post. I pity any serious politician who listens to most of you online braggarts

Na so them dey do.
sad cool

1 Like

Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:30am On Jan 01
Ekpeitit:
Please tell me the position that is higher than the speaker of the house of Assembly who is the number 3 citizen of the state. Some of you need to go to school.
Is he going to be Deputy Governor?
Only Deputy Governor and Governor is higher than the Speaker of the House of Assembly.
Shebi Gbaja leave house go become COS?
Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by Cantonese: 9:36am On Jan 01
Whalis:

You still believe this your infantile botherline reasoning. Was Ehie suspended after he became speaker or before?
Was Ehie suspended after the 27 defected to APC?
How many people voted Ehie to be the speaker?
How many members must be there to form quorum of the house?
Has the court heard the case instituted to declare the seats of the HOA Members vacant?
Would it not amount to taking the laws in their hand should they declare their seats vacant before the law does so?
Has it been established that there is no division at the national level of PDP?
Bros rest u are a neophyte in politics.
Wike has seized it all. In 2027 being in charge of PDP and APC he can simply stay in his parlour and share elective positions to those he desires.
Now he has shared the RVHA to APC while the Governor he shared to PDP. Don't be surprised Fubara may cross soon.

“ You still believe this your infantile botherline reasoning. Was Ehie suspended after he became speaker or before”?

Do not take cheeky English words that sound convenient and cheap to you, in place of decorum.

Oga, please stop jumping into issues publicly without adequately reading and following up. Do not follow the crowd who write without reading.

Go back to last August at least. Follow the sequence gently. Get to the point where the decision to impeach the governor was arrived at. Read clearly and get it clearly. Thereafter read the constitution and read the fallout in the other states where the state assembly people decamped. Get properly informed and then prove to yourself who stands on the infantile borderline.
Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by Omenlon: 10:05am On Jan 01
Zico5:
Politics in Nigeria is deeper than what most of us think it is. Politics is like cult and if u fail to dance to their tune u may become sacrificial lamb at the end. Fubara can never stand and play with politics at play, that's why the speaker has to resign for his sanity. But one thing I know is that godfather can never stand in the south south. Wike is only playing himself. No way for him no matter what. He can only try but can never succeed.
which south south? Tony Anenih was a godfather in Edo State for over a decade before oshomole came to uproot him, James Ibori was a godfather in Delta State who installed two governors even while in prison in the UK. Stop chest beating, nobody comes into power on his own anywhere even in the so called advanced democracy not to talk of Nigeria. Don't forget Ben ayade installed his man in cross river state and obaseki is already deciding who will succeed him in Edo State shutting his deputy out, what do you call that?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by ExudeLoveToAll: 10:05am On Jan 01
olatade:
Why can’t Fubara protect those that showed him support and loyalty?

I guess the chap may be announced as a key member of his administration, a lot of folks resigned.

He just took a fall for Fubara , I guess he has to go for the assembly to go back to Wike(a wrong move by Fubara). A juicy position is awaiting him in the coming days, a lot of Wike guys resigned.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by ExudeLoveToAll: 10:12am On Jan 01
Clonus:

So who’ll protect Fubara tomorrow if those guys decide to strike again?

Fubara isn't thinking smart at all. That peace isn't favouring him, he should have kept him there.

Chief of Staff to the Governor loading.
Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by PDPdestroyer(m): 10:26am On Jan 01
PaChukwudi44:

Shebi Gbaja leave house go become COS?
Gbaja left because he can't be number 4 citizen (Speaker) again, coming from the same region as the President, so CoS is much better
Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by IamANigerianMan: 10:28am On Jan 01
Oscarchims:
The biggest loser... Lost majority leader position... Sim has traded them
To you money, position is a winner, you see your black man mentality, he stands for he believed that is hononur
Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by Abujaexpress: 10:52am On Jan 01
DSS1335:

This is a man of of Principle. Rather than returning to his vomit like every other characterless politicians of Rivers state, he chooses to take the path of honour. My respect to this young man just quadruple

Another appointment loading for him
Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by Thinktwicemybro: 10:57am On Jan 01
Clonus:

So who’ll protect Fubara tomorrow if those guys decide to strike again?
The president. Wike is also wakened. His house of assembly is useless. The president told him he does not want to hear the word impeachment from Rivers State house of assembly if not wike will be removed as minister.
Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by Oscarchims: 11:32am On Jan 01
IamANigerianMan:

To you money, position is a winner, you see your black man mentality, he stands for he believed that is hononur
Honour for Nigerian politics
Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by Jackiedemie(m): 11:58am On Jan 01
Trustmea:

Pardon my ignorance is speaker of HOA not lucrative than chief of staff?
Will you mind those nincompoops?
They will tell you how influential chief of staff to governor in Rivers State is more than some of the governors in South South.
Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by ufuosman(m): 12:06pm On Jan 01
Ddonoflife:
for woman
😂😂😂
Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by ufuosman(m): 12:08pm On Jan 01
Ddonoflife:
for kettle
😂
Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by ufuosman(m): 12:12pm On Jan 01
Chief of Staff things
Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by Jackiedemie(m): 12:18pm On Jan 01
Lifemanage:

Dey play. I only believe he might be positioned for something bigger

Can you mentioned one appointment that is bigger than being the speaker of the House ( the third person in the hierarchy of power)?
Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by Jackiedemie(m): 12:33pm On Jan 01
Cantonese:

Sure. Ehie was already the speaker at that time.
Clearly Fubara had been informed ahead of the intention of the 27 to decamp to APC. It was the instruction of Wike to them. Wike would keep servicing Tinubu with his so called structure in Rivers state, until some political disagreements arise.

However by the law, put together by the same so called lawmakers, they lost their seats. The claim that PDP in Rivers state is factionalized is a complete lie. It is well publicized that APC has been factionalized in Rivers state since 2015, on the contrary.

The claimed the office of the National secretary of the party is in dispute... So Alot of their corresponding can't be get back to them hence the decamped. However, the matter is for the court to decide not by your assession. Ehie didn't have right to declare their office vacant except through court order.
Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by uzhiyeka(m): 1:06pm On Jan 01
Non of the Assemble member in the history of Ahoada East have done the kind of projects Edison Ehie have carried out. Wish him the strength above all.
Re: Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns by Cantonese: 1:18pm On Jan 01
Jackiedemie:

The claimed the office of the National secretary of the party is in dispute... So Alot of their corresponding can't be get back to them hence the decamped. However, the matter is for the court to decide not by your assession. Ehie didn't have right to declare their office vacant except through court order.

Don’t mind them. The party was not factionalized at the national level and it was not factionalized at the state level either. The issue of Sam Anyanwu in no way had a bearing on their reckless claim. APC on the other hand has been factionalized for about six or seven years.

Ehie had absolutely the right to declare their seats vacant, given that a court of competent jurisdiction had declared him so. You can check that too

By the way, it is incontrovertible that when state lawmakers decamp to other parties, their seats automatically become vacant. Going to the court is just to establish the fact of allowing them the fair hearing that they need. Again, PDP has stated categorically that their seats are vacant and gone ahead to ask INEC to conduct fresh elections there. The matter as it stands is a constitutional one and the courts must do the needful in the course of time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. / El-rufai: I Am Not Interested In Tinubu's Appointment / Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.