Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,096 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 - Business (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 (110986 Views)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (236) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by wuyexzy01: 6:59am On Feb 15
Eur/CAD. Looks like it's prepping for some bullish run!
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Lonestar124: 7:49am On Feb 15
Davigled:

Sorry for the late reply, how may help you sir, pls drop your request here on the group, and I'll respond ASAP...
na private something bro, I think you are one of honest person here I can trust with that...
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Davigled: 7:58am On Feb 15
Puremark:
I have been disqualified for hitting max dd

Luckily for me because I have been strictly trading 1 lot size and risking $500 per trade, I have been able to avoid hitting the daily drawdown, and also the maximum drawdown to some extent, even if I over trade the highest loss I have in a day is 3% and I stop there
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Davigled: 7:59am On Feb 15
Lonestar124:
na private something bro, I think you are one of honest person here I can trust with that...

Alright I'll chat you up sir.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Peterfx01(m): 8:00am On Feb 15
DCroc:
One trade a day keeps DD away
No, a well calculated risk trade keeps DD far away
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by PriceActionZ: 8:50am On Feb 15
Geovanni412:

They will be back. It is a temporary issue from their broker

They need to switch brokers and move to other platforms like ctrader etc

That is what their ceo is saying on twitter
better oo cos i dont trust any of these people until i see them running business again. MMM pro max comes to mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by DCroc: 9:42am On Feb 15
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by ICTcadet: 9:51am On Feb 15
RKTexpert:
Some time around October 2023 or there about, a very notable figure who very much happens to be a retail trader here; asked me how can I tell as an ICT student, when a long rangebound market is about to break off and jet away from the muddy price range after he saw me posted a eurusd chart showing off my buy entry just when a whole lotta traders are sitting out the rangebound except for scalpers of course, lol...

To the limit of my own understanding, I brought up a BPR - balance price range excuse and that i just placed my buy at the spotted two fvgs overlapping eachother bla bla bla but after much research into some intricate ICT concepts, I get to understand the concept of the NWOG. And took some mental notes as regards to whenever we have converging NWOGs that are real close to one another, the market is gonna be real likely to consolidate and go sideways all throughout.

NWOG is the closing price on Friday (5PM NY Time) and the opening price on Sunday (6PM NY Time).

How crucial NWOG is on the chart and how powerful a single or multiple of it can be used to not only forecast when price would enter a long rangebound market but when it could most likely snap out of it and be used as an overall draw on liquidity. On the next few long notes explaining further this very ict concept I will leave you to @mindful_ICT's own words and explanation of NWOG... Happy trading y'all

Hello Fam !!

Hope you all had great weekend and now ready to take charge of the markets .

I think on Monday, it will be nice if we revisit ICTs NWOG ?

What is ICT New Week Opening Gap?

NWOG is the Sunday opening price minus the closing price on the previous week's Friday.

NWOG is a real liquidity void that reprices into it and can refer back to it weeks ago, months ago, or more.

A minimum of four new week opening gaps should be on your chart for proper perspective of large fund fair valuation.

Why Have Multiple Weeks' Worth of NWOG?

Having at least five weeks worth keeps a dynamic four-month perspective and gives you a little bit of overlap.

Referring back four weeks ago provides insight into what we've seen for this week.

Once filled, gaps are generally discarded but holding onto them allows algorithms delivering price to refer back to these price points.

Anchoring Fibonacci Levels to New Week Opening Gaps

Use Fibonacci levels anchored to Friday's closing price and Sunday's opening price.

If Sunday's opening price is lower, drag the Fibonacci down to it and anchor it there.

The 50 level represents consequent encroachment for an inefficiency or gap.

A fully dressed new week opening gap includes the high, low, and consequent crochet in the middle.

Labeling New Week Opening Gaps

Label each new week opening gap with its corresponding Sunday date for future reference.

This helps keep track of multiple gaps on a chart and makes it easier to identify them later on.

Adding Quadrants

Splitting new week opening gaps into quarters can help with analysis.

Add quadrants by finding the midpoint between the high and low of the gap, as well as between the 50 level and low/high of the gap.

Using New Week Opening Gaps as Support/Resistance Levels

Having at least four or five new week opening gaps on a chart provides a rolling 30-day look back period.

These gaps can act as support/resistance levels that indicate fair value for an asset.

Price often refers back to these levels over time.

Importance of New Week Opening Gaps

New week opening gaps indicate whether the market is range-bound or trending.

Price often gravitates back to previous week's new week opening gap as support or resistance.

It's important to keep track of new week opening gaps on your chart and use them as a template for future trades.

How to Identify New Week Opening Gaps

Place a trend line on Friday's closing price and measure the difference between that price and Sunday's opening price.

Use two approaches: "new week opening gap actual" (Friday close to Sunday open), and "new week opening gap" (Friday close to Monday open).

Having both templates allows you to see different new week opening gaps and how fair valuation is utilized throughout the weeks.

@Mindful_ICT

Clean chart 🤏

Nice analysis 👍

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by samfelly: 12:20pm On Feb 15
Davigled:

Edakun wetin you talk b4, because ah no dey class d time you dey talk am

Petah:
PRESIDO NO VESS, WATIN YOU TALK?

Ko easy
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Peterfx01(m): 1:48pm On Feb 15
The news is bullish for usdxxx
And bearish for xxxusd
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Geovanni412(m): 2:02pm On Feb 15
Peterfx01:
The news is bullish for usdxxx
And bearish for xxxusd

Not trading the news on any acct

But to me,

I think it is bearish for usdchf and bullish for eurusd and the likes

I am making this evaluation based on the bearish structure on 4h so far today on usdchf and the lack of consolidation heading into the news.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by PIPSMARSHALL: 2:10pm On Feb 15
Stay away from the news. Like its extreme gambling

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by HeatSeeker(m): 2:13pm On Feb 15
PIPSMARSHALL:
Stay away from the news. Like its extreme gambling

Very extreme stuff. If today is just gonna be as wild as Tuesday, I will just sit on the sidelines and watch cool
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Davigled: 2:14pm On Feb 15
LincolnOnyeabor:
This News coming out today, Bosses in the House, what should we be Expecting??

Boss Davigled, Geovanii, Peteregwu and co, wetin una dey anticipate??

Will it be like CPI or what??

Sorry for the late response, I was quite busy and I have to squeeze out time to post this now, so today we have retail sales coming up (both core and headline) together with unemployment claims, by 2.30pm. so far from the beginning of the month, NFP CPI and various remarks from the Fed members has been supporting or painting a stronger dollar. Retail Sales projected to come out lower, for the month of Jan, but if a stronger retail sales gets released we could definitely see a continuation of dollar rally and gold decline. also not forgetting unemployment claims, a lower than expected unemployment claims adds fuel to the dollar rally and gold decline. as for stock indices, it's a little bit different, us500 and us100 tends to decline on stronger retail sales like gold or rallies on weaker Retail Sales whereas the reverse is the case when it comes to US30. I don't know what retail sales will be released, I only wait for it to be released and then I act on it. Although I am anticipating or expecting a stronger retail sales with a lower unemployment claims which should support the higher for longer stance that the Federal reserve has taken.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Davigled: 2:17pm On Feb 15
Geovanni412:

Not trading the news on any acct

But to me,

I think it is bearish for usdchf and bullish for eurusd and the likes

I am making this evaluation based on the bearish structure on 4h so far today on usdchf and the lack of consolidation heading into the news.

but bossmi if you also look at news from other economies from Japan to even UK this morning you see that other economies are much weaker than the US economy and even their economic data has been reflecting The weakness of their economy so this naturally lend strength to the US economy should retail sales come out stronger
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by PIPSMARSHALL: 2:24pm On Feb 15
HeatSeeker:

Very extreme stuff. If today is just gonna be as wild as Tuesday, I will just sit on the sidelines and watch cool

Market is full of surprises during news
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by HeatSeeker(m): 2:33pm On Feb 15
PIPSMARSHALL:

Market is full of surprises during news

Honestly...
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by EASYLIFE4US: 2:33pm On Feb 15
There are some big boys strategies that news doesn't affect, it just fuels their drive to tp faster. Anybody wey sabi those strategies abeg share am here shocked

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Geovanni412(m): 2:36pm On Feb 15
Davigled:

but bossmi if you also look at news from other economies from Japan to even UK this morning you see that other economies are much weaker than the US economy and even their economic data has been reflecting The weakness of their economy so this naturally lend strength to the US economy should retail sales come out stronger

Chief, how did it go?

I don't trade news. My data was based on the charts

Hope you weren't stopped out.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by EASYLIFE4US: 2:39pm On Feb 15
See deflection see wayo things

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by EASYLIFE4US: 2:40pm On Feb 15
EASYLIFE4US:
See deflection see wayo things
Which way market go go now hmmm
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Davigled: 2:42pm On Feb 15
Not the best data release from the US today, economic data camed out mixed, retail sales (both headline and core) shrunk beyond the concensus, this shows a slight decline or weakening in consumer spending for the month of Jan, meanwhile unemployment claims came out stronger which is still supporting a tighter labour market in the US, also Philadelphia manufacturing data another red folder event came into positive territory, it has been in contractionary territory and now it has moved into expansionary territory. A mixed release always muddles the market, and we could see market go both ways, I am definitely sitting this one out. besides the markets won't be volatile today as the data is not impressive. Gold correction to the upside maybe...
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Davigled: 2:45pm On Feb 15
Geovanni412:

Chief, how did it go?

I don't trade news. My data was based on the charts

Hope you weren't stopped out.

Bossmi, I didn't take any trade yet ooo, I normally wait for the news release before I act, I don't try to front run the news, but I expect to see a range bound market today. I'll just wait for tomorrow's PPI and university of Michigan consumer sentiment, that'll move the market.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by EASYLIFE4US: 2:45pm On Feb 15
Follow these candles at your own risk grin

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Davigled: 2:47pm On Feb 15
EASYLIFE4US:
Which way market go go now hmmm
Na up down be dat oooo, better to just wait for tomorrow sef
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by EASYLIFE4US: 2:49pm On Feb 15
Davigled:

Na up down be dat oooo, better to just wait for tomorrow sef
No free ride gan grin

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Davigled: 2:53pm On Feb 15
US30 tends to rally on strong retail sales and falls on bad retail sales. it's looking like it may drop...
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by EASYLIFE4US: 3:04pm On Feb 15
Davigled:
US30 tends to rally on strong retail sales and falls on bad retail sales. it's looking like it may drop...
Trade at your own risk grin
Na demo ooo no go enter live grin

1 Share

Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by ScarsAreStars: 3:04pm On Feb 15
my third attempt on selling gold.

sl 2009

tp 1978
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by gnykelly(m): 3:21pm On Feb 15
Who else is affected by fundingpips suspension.

embarassed
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Geovanni412(m): 3:27pm On Feb 15
ScarsAreStars:
my third attempt on selling gold.

sl 2009

tp 1978

Na real acct you dey trade with all these sell calls?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 by Davigled: 3:42pm On Feb 15
EASYLIFE4US:

Trade at your own risk grin
Na demo ooo no go enter live grin

Na man you be, me ah no dey trade today sef, as the news dey confusing. I dey wait for tomorrow. Seems like gold is having her correction to maybe 2011...

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (236) (Reply)

A Profitable Business You Can Start With 15,000 Naira / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) / Kunle Soname Biography, Age, Bet9ja Owner, Wife Kemi Soname, NetWorth, House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.