Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Annual New Year Prophecies: A Man-made Tradition Or Inspired Of God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Annual New Year Prophecies: A Man-made Tradition Or Inspired Of God? (7558 Views)

Unbeliever Converted By Pastor Toye Ebijomore's Prophecies (A MUST READ) / 48 Striking Things Nigerian Prophet Said In 2020 New Year Prophecies / Omotosho Tope 2019 Prophecies: 'A Governor Will Die After Few Months In Office' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annual New Year Prophecies: A Man-made Tradition Or Inspired Of God? by Kaybaba5(m): 1:09pm On Jan 14
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

They are not prophecies but permutations.
In the Bible, God got his prophets to prophesy at regular intervals, but in Nigeria, they are released only at the start of the year.

One person started it, others thought it was cool, copied it and it has now become a norm of Nigerian Christianity.
The same way one lady started shaving off her real eyebrows just to draw fake brows with colored pencils and other girls copied it and today, it as a fashion norm.

But what I don't understand is god's interest in premier league, APC, G5 and even impeachments; another thing I don't understand is why no one ever holds these pastors accountable when their permutations don't come to pass.

I believe we still have men of God in this country
I remembered last time I worshiped at one church in kaduna state during crossover to year 2000. The man of God said something to us that we should pray cos there will be bloodshed around February 2000 in the state and it came to pass. Let's know that they are not gods but vessel used by God. We still have them among us
Re: Annual New Year Prophecies: A Man-made Tradition Or Inspired Of God? by Chetas81(m): 1:15pm On Jan 14
ALL THE COUNTRY WHO DON'T PRACTICE WHAT WE PRACTICE IN NIGERIA,, THOSE COUNTRY ARE NOW AHEAD OF NIGERIA IN INFRASTRUCTURE AND THE DEVELOPMENT
Re: Annual New Year Prophecies: A Man-made Tradition Or Inspired Of God? by LawyerLomo(m): 2:14pm On Jan 14
BBIA:

NwaAmaikpe, aid me with one of your sisters let me cure konji this week biko.

I'm digressing though.

Do me a favour by telling me the meaning of the acronym your moniker entails.

It's the acronym of a school in my place.
Re: Annual New Year Prophecies: A Man-made Tradition Or Inspired Of God? by adams123: 2:42pm On Jan 14
Christianity ends after the message of prophet of Islam(Muhammad)
Re: Annual New Year Prophecies: A Man-made Tradition Or Inspired Of God? by Advancedman(m): 2:47pm On Jan 14
jesusjnr2020:
Annual New Year Prophecies: A Man-Made Tradition Or Inspired Of God?

I believe it's not of God but a man-made tradition which many church leaders have embraced, hence why they rarely come to pass.

What do you think?

G.O Made
Re: Annual New Year Prophecies: A Man-made Tradition Or Inspired Of God? by Onewazobia(m): 2:49pm On Jan 14
AntiChristian:
Almost everything in Christianity is unchristlike!
Na MOG dey dictate for church!

God of Israel!
God of Adeboye!
God of Chosen!
God of Babalola!
God the father!
God the son!
God the spirit!
Holy Mary mother of God!
Saint so-so of so-so place - pray for us!

Which one is true then?
Re: Annual New Year Prophecies: A Man-made Tradition Or Inspired Of God? by Shegz4god(m): 2:49pm On Jan 14
You lie brother lete give you the address to my church then you can repost that if they are all from the devil
DoWhatThouWilt:

All churches of today under Christianity are from the Devil.

Take note, ALL
Re: Annual New Year Prophecies: A Man-made Tradition Or Inspired Of God? by femi4: 3:46pm On Jan 14
jesusjnr2020:

I believe it's not of God but a man-made tradition which many church leaders have embraced, hence why they rarely come to pass.

What do you think?
Prophecy in the bible isn't yearly. Their God only talk to naija churches at the beginning of every year. Fake people everywhere
Re: Annual New Year Prophecies: A Man-made Tradition Or Inspired Of God? by CockPit: 4:27pm On Jan 14
100% man made.

I can even make better predictions than most of the Nigerian god of men.

1 Like

Re: Annual New Year Prophecies: A Man-made Tradition Or Inspired Of God? by Abee79(m): 4:29pm On Jan 14
It is inspired by people who don't want to hear God for themselves undecided
Re: Annual New Year Prophecies: A Man-made Tradition Or Inspired Of God? by xproducer: 7:50pm On Jan 14
jesusjnr2020:

What do you think?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Is it not the tradition of men for their own purposes? GOD knows all things!

"And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” - Revelation 19:10

A Warning
"For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." - Revelation 22:18-20
Re: Annual New Year Prophecies: A Man-made Tradition Or Inspired Of God? by mauriceju2(m): 8:58pm On Jan 14
Search for this site in Google, God have something to tell you from the testimonies of former agent of darkness
https://spiritreports.com/
Re: Annual New Year Prophecies: A Man-made Tradition Or Inspired Of God? by cardoctor(m): 11:47pm On Jan 14
Why didn't they prophecy something as simple as the hike in fuel price that happened in May 2023?

1 Like

Re: Annual New Year Prophecies: A Man-made Tradition Or Inspired Of God? by AntiChristian: 6:35pm On Jan 15
Onewazobia:

Which one is true then?

Help me ask them!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are Your Plans For Easter? / Born again = your sinful flesh dies and new you springs up (photos) / The Journey To Becoming The Supreme Avatar - The Theory Of Everything.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.