Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence (14689 Views)

The Surprising Resurgence Of Indian TV Serials / Who Is The Oldest Member Of Nairaland Forum? / You Are Shouting "2020 Is My Year Of Harvest". Did You Plant Anything In 2019? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by letsfarmnigeria: 10:04pm On Jan 01
Am happy @seun u talked about advertising it's truly sad that one of your money making avenue is not well managed, how do u explain that people who want to place ads mail mods and get no response even tag u on without response, to a point of tagging u on X and yet no response.

Other platforms not as big as Nairaland and this bigger than Nairaland usually create pages dedicated for advert enquires where you get answers to advert queries without advert what's the life line of an outfit

Pls do try and do well on this and all other areas u have identified

Good luck
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by EngrKemp: 10:06pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

I'm pleased to wish you a Happy New Year!!

2024 will be the year of Nairaland's resurgence. I will face Nairaland squarely like I used to before the discouraging Data Loss Incident of 2014. I will hire more hands to help us to improve Nairaland.

The problems of Nairaland that we should have solved years ago will be solved.

* We will defeat tribalists, trolls, & spammers.
* We will complete our advertising platform.
* We will improve the UI and UX.
* Home page topics will be educative & fresh.
* We will reverse the anti-women trends.

However, I must warn you that things will get worse before they get better. Please stand with us and fight for us as Nairaland faces the tough challenges of 2024, which have already started.

Happy New Year and thanks for using Nairaland!

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.
Seun !!
My own na say u no dey follow us talk again for threads like u used to do before and this my Monika na new one,ur spam bot has banned my other old account.

We need u to join us .

I bin dey enjoy ahm.

U sef dey enjoy ahm but I no know wetin happen...

Peleson
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by sukkot: 10:08pm On Jan 01
XAUBulls:

Indeed... I had to tag you because you're a VETERAN moderator here on NL (and might want to chip in some insightful new advice on how rev up NL experience)... I hope I'm not sounding like you're an older U.S. Marine Vietnam War "veteran" from the 1960s). grin

Happy New Year (2014) once again Sukkot!/

compliments of the season to you my kind Sir and a happy new year and yes I do enjoy reading content on this forum. You could say am a veteran. It’s harmless fun πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Teejaney88(m): 10:11pm On Jan 01
That is soothing...
Nairaland has shaped my life so much that I can only hope it gets better...
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by XAUBulls: 10:13pm On Jan 01
sukkot:
compliments of the season to you my kind Sir and a happy new year and yes I do enjoy reading content on this forum. You could say am a veteran. It’s harmless fun πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Nicely put!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by ChiefOkporghe: 10:14pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

2024 will be the year of Nairaland's resurgence. I will face Nairaland squarely like I used to before the discouraging Data Loss Incident of 2014. I will hire more hands to help us to improve Nairaland.

However, I must warn you that things will get worse before they get better. Please stand with us and fight for us as Nairaland faces the tough challenges of 2024, which have already started.

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

Dear Seun, build the Tech section using Radar dot Techcabal as a sample.

The Tech start-ups sector is booming and we need something like how radar dot Techcabal was to serve the Nigerian/African Tech sector.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by traware(m): 10:15pm On Jan 01
Seun:

My supermods were reluctant, so I banned a ton of people myself. For hours and hours. But I couldn't sustain that indefinitely. It's like cleaning a house with multiple toddlers. As soon as you stop cleaning, the house will get dirty again. My supermods could not be persuaded to handle the spammers the way that I wanted them to

What has changed is that I am ready to bring in new people to do the job and if they fail I am ready to replace them as many times as necessary in order to find someone who will do it. The problems of Nairaland will always be on my mind due to my presence. Solutions will be found.

But I need the assistance.of Nairalanders. I cannot do it alone. We need people who can be trusted with responsibilities such as the ending of name-checking on the crime section of Nairaland.

I always had an inkling that was the number one issue on Nairaland.

Lazy Moderators.

The process of cleaning this website will be a very difficult and lengthy one.

A process i am ready to participate in pro-bono.

I am a fair-minded individual and also a super hardworker.

Contact me if interested.If not...oh well...life goes on

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by sukkot: 10:16pm On Jan 01
XAUBulls:

Nicely put!
hehe. Chief, we cant chase money 24 7. all work and no play, you know the rest wink cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by 12inchess: 10:16pm On Jan 01
EngrKemp:

Seun !!
My own na say u no dey follow us talk again for threads like u used to do before and this my Monika na new one,ur spam bot has banned my other old account.

We need u to join us .

I bin dey enjoy ahm.

U sef dey enjoy ahm but I no know wetin happen...

Peleson
Na Twitter Seun dey. He come desert us for here with tribalism and islam section oath angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by geoworldedu: 10:17pm On Jan 01
Thazard:

Seun I think phone numbers should be use for registration instead of email.
Using email is intentional. Using phone number will reduce the number of members on the forum and Seun needs the figure. Banning accounts aid multiple account formation and it is a good business for Seun. But if it's through phone numbers, it will be hard to open multiple accounts and it will make nairaland membership stat reduce drastically.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by blaise26abj(m): 10:17pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

I am interested in being a MOD . Is there a process to apply for it ?

2 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:18pm On Jan 01
mrjojo:
Nairaland is a 2 billion naira worth at the minimum of venture if seun decide to take it seriously

Seun still runs this as a side of side project from his "cubicle" in sango-ota .

Knowing Seun to be an introvert who doesn't like the spot light or want to be popular just as myself, if I were him

I will

Run Nairaland as a business' by

1. Opening a physical office space in Lagos, Abuja, Sango-ota as HQ

2. Employ a CEO to run it while I continue to serve as founder and CTO

3. Employ a full team of enginneers, UX front end designers, marketers

Manage

1. Front page should be very current with update as it happens, ( I see a news/even on instablog and see it days after on the frontpage), alot of people only visit the front page, so it must be regularly updated and of high quality

2. limit posting to some section for new accounts, like have some way you rank accounts, new account should have a 3 month sandbox restriction.

3. make it impossible to register multiple account from thesame device,

4. Use text verification and real email ( no temp mails) for registration

5. Moderation : Each section should have atleast 2 mod and very active section 3 with 1 supermod.

6. Tribalism and hate speech should attract ban, device ban, email ban if possible an IP ban after two warnings

Buid

Implement new feature,

One of the allure of Nairaland is it simplistic UI and fast loading time

That doesn't need to change but it can be better,

1. Add Night mode, this will switch the background to black which is easy on the eyes at night, users can toggle on off

2. Add a bit of self moderation by adding a dislike button (when a comment has so many disikes, a moderator manually access if it should be hidden, users can still view the comment if clicked

3. An email system should be designed, communication stays on nairaland instead of third part email (all nairaland user get a user@nairaland.com email after 6 months of active usage provided the haven't been banned more than thrice,.

4. Build a robust ad management system, from creation, funding , moderation,

5.make it easy to share, the share button can be linked to whatsapp, fb, tiktok, IG, so when someone click on share they can also share outside the platform
a short url like naira.land will also make sharing easy

6. native ios/app with great push feature

mabe more later if I think of more

This boss is loaded. I wish Seun can get him on his team

4 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Honestfrend: 10:20pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

And u keep requesting someone to confirm their religion before commenting on a Muslim topic and u don't do so when it comes to Christian topic.. U re deceiving yourself until u become the change u want to see.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Bode3: 10:20pm On Jan 01
Great!

It was already becoming toxic and might cause online civil war between major tribes in the country.

Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by blaise26abj(m): 10:24pm On Jan 01
Seun:

My supermods were reluctant, so I banned a ton of people myself. For hours and hours. But I couldn't sustain that indefinitely. It's like cleaning a house with multiple toddlers. As soon as you stop cleaning, the house will get dirty again. My supermods could not be persuaded to handle the spammers the way that I wanted them to.

What has changed is that I am ready to bring in new people to do the job and if they fail I am ready to replace them as many times as necessary in order to find someone who will do it. The problems of Nairaland will always be on my mind due to my presence. Solutions will be found.

But I need the assistance.of Nairalanders. I cannot do it alone. We need people who can be trusted with responsibilities such as the ending of name-checking on the crime section of Nairaland.

I am very impartial and always a stickler to the truth no matter whose Ox is gored . Even if you Seun break the rules , you fit chop ban join πŸ™‚

2 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by omohayek: 10:26pm On Jan 01
Seun:
What alternative would you suggest?
Well, for one thing, you could make new members wait for a certain amount of time before they can actually post comments. Another useful tool would be to allow individual users to block comments from certain others - this reduces the incentive for notorious trolls to spout their usual nonsense, as they know most of their intended targets will never actually see what they write.

The only thing insisting on phone-numbers or other personally-idenfiable information would achieve would be to kill this site in one blow, by driving away anyone who cares about privacy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by babeface3: 10:31pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

Happy new year Seun. Please get good editors that will place valuable content on the said homepage not baseless sensationalism and sentimentalism.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Enemyofpeace: 10:42pm On Jan 01
Prigidypogodo:
happy new year love
God bless nairaland and kill its enemies
amen.
who be love? Let him wife catch you? Your own don finish be dat. Na so una dey use love deceive men that are gullible.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by nubianchio(m): 10:43pm On Jan 01
Imagine facing Nairaland "squarely" only after 10 years of an incident πŸ˜”πŸ€¦. I'm speechless. Like what have you been doing since then Seun? Anyway, i take solice in the Chinese proverb that says "the best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time in now". I pray you come closer to your goals for 2024 and adopt some really good suggestions made by @mrjojo and others. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Enemyofpeace: 10:46pm On Jan 01
Honestfrend:

And u keep requesting someone to confirm their religion before commenting on a Muslim topic and u don't do so when it comes to Christian topic.. U re deceiving yourself until u become the change u want to see.
one of the reasons wey I dey vex with seun be dat. Him no try at all

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Enemyofpeace: 10:49pm On Jan 01
blaise26abj:

I am interested in being a MOD . Is there a process to apply for it ?
it's 30k per month o
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Emma513: 10:50pm On Jan 01
NwaNimo1:
Thought you had lost interest in the site from what its become....

Glad to note the need for a resurgence...resurrection.
SEUN MAKE THIS GUY, A MOD.

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Omotaday(m): 10:59pm On Jan 01
mrjojo:
Nairaland is a 2 billion naira worth at the minimum of venture if seun decides to take it seriously

Seun still runs this as a side project from his "cubicle" in sango-ota .

Knowing Seun to be an introvert who doesn't like the spot light or want to be popular just as myself, if I were him

I will

Run Nairaland as a business' by

1. Opening a physical office space in Lagos, Abuja, Sango-ota as HQ

2. Employ a CEO to run it while I continue to serve as founder and CTO

3. Employ a full team of enginneers, UX front end designers, marketers

Man
1. Front page should be very current with update as it happens, ( I see a news/even on instablog and see it days after on the frontpage), alot of people only visit the front page, so it must be regularly updated and of high quality

2. limit posting to some section for new accounts, like have some way you rank accounts, new account should have a 3 month sandbox restriction.

3. make it impossible to register multiple account from thesame device,

4. Use text verification and real email ( no temp mails) for registration

5. Moderation : Each section should have atleast 2 mod and very active section 3 with 1 supermod.

6. Tribalism and hate speech should attract ban, device ban, email ban ,phone number banif possible an IP ban after two warnings

Buid

Implement new feature,

One of the allure of Nairaland is it simplistic UI and fast loading time

That doesn't need to change but it can be better,

1. Add Night mode, this will switch the background to black which is easy on the eyes at night, users can toggle on off

2. Add a bit of self moderation by adding a dislike button (when a comment has so many disikes, a moderator manually access if it should be hidden, users can still view the comment if clicked

3. An email system should be designed, communication stays on nairaland instead of third part email (all nairaland user get a user@nairaland.com email after 6 months of active usage provided the haven't been banned more than thrice,.

4. Build a robust ad management system, from creation, funding , moderation,

5.make it easy to share, the share button can be linked to whatsapp, fb, tiktok, IG, so when someone click on share they can also share outside the platform
a short url like naira.land will also make sharing easy

6. native ios/app with great push feature

7. Add some other Africa countries section based on data and traffic from those countries

maybe more later if I think of more but these will increase traffic(currently <30million Monthly according to similarweb ) by atleast 30% within 9.5 month

God bless you
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by xynerise: 10:59pm On Jan 01
Start by asking some of your mods to go for therapy.

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Melagros(m): 10:59pm On Jan 01
Prigidypogodo:
I love nairaland
I love Seun Osenwa
I hate trolls and bigot
I hate Tinubu
I love yoruba
I love Igbo
I love Hausa
I love other tribes
thunder scatter Tinubu
thunder scatter Apc
may God punish them and theirs.

God bless Nairaland and its founder πŸ˜β£οΈβ£οΈπŸ’•πŸ’•
Lolzz grin grin grin
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by godG: 11:01pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

Seun, please I would like to change my moniker. Please! Thank you.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by BItt: 11:05pm On Jan 01
Seun:
What alternative would you suggest?
On social forums anonymity is very important. Even if ppl post their phone numbers,emails and sometimes pictures. They still cherish anonymity
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by odimbannamdi(m): 11:09pm On Jan 01
Seun:
We will create a Christian section which will also have oath taking.

Why do people have to take oaths before they can participate in the Islamic and, soon, the Christianity section. It sounds weird and out of place

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Silentgroper(m): 11:18pm On Jan 01
9182736455O1999:
@Seun.
Please leave the UX/UI as it is. That is the signature of Nairaland, changing it will make it somehow.
seconded..

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by immortalcrown(m): 11:18pm On Jan 01
Seun:

My supermods were reluctant, so I banned a ton of people myself. For hours and hours. But I couldn't sustain that indefinitely. It's like cleaning a house with multiple toddlers. As soon as you stop cleaning, the house will get dirty again. My supermods could not be persuaded to handle the spammers the way that I wanted them to.

No harm in trying. Give me a trial.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Your First Ever Ban On Nairaland / Pls Is There Environmental Sanitation Today In Lagos? / Why Am I Getting Too Many PM'S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.