Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,489 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence (14707 Views)

The Surprising Resurgence Of Indian TV Serials / Who Is The Oldest Member Of Nairaland Forum? / You Are Shouting "2020 Is My Year Of Harvest". Did You Plant Anything In 2019? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by googlepikins: 8:26pm On Jan 01
make I laugh, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

We shall see

3 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Bamijoko1(m): 8:26pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

I'm pleased to wish you a Happy New Year!!

2024 will be the year of Nairaland's resurgence. I will face Nairaland squarely like I used to before the discouraging Data Loss Incident of 2014. I will hire more hands to help us to improve Nairaland.

The problems of Nairaland that we should have solved years ago will be solved.

* We will defeat tribalists, trolls, & spammers.
* We will complete our advertising platform.
* We will improve the UI and UX.
* Home page topics will be educative & fresh.

However, I must warn you that things will get worse before they get better. Please stand with us and fight for u as Nairaland faces the tough challenges of 2024, which have already started.

Happy New Year and thanks for using Nairaland!

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

Seun shey u won't give us new year gift ni

Atleast some of us that av being patronizing nairaland since 2009

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by spencekat(m): 8:27pm On Jan 01
mrjojo:
Nairaland is a 2 billion naira worth at the minimum of venture if seun decide to take it seriously

Seun still runs this as a side of side project from his "cubicle" in sango-ota .

Knowing Seun to be an introvert who doesn't like the spot light or want to be popular just as myself, if I were him

I will

Run Nairaland as a business' by

1. Opening a physical office space in Lagos, Abuja, Sango-ota as HQ

2. Employ a CEO to run it while I continue to serve as founder and CTO

3. Employ a full team of enginneers, UX front end designers, marketers

Manage

1. Front page should be very current with update as it happens, ( I see a news/even on instablog and see it days after on the frontpage), alot of people only visit the front page, so it must be regularly updated and of high quality

2. limit posting to some section for new accounts, like have some way you rank accounts, new account should have a 3 month sandbox restriction.

3. make it impossible to register multiple account from thesame device,

4. Use text verification and real email ( no temp mails) for registration

5. Moderation : Each section should have atleast 2 mod and very active section 3 with 1 supermod.

6. Tribalism and hate speech should attract ban, device ban, email ban if possible an IP ban after two warnings

Buid

Implement new feature,

One of the allure of Nairaland is it simplistic UI and fast loading time

That doesn't need to change but it can be better,

1. Add Night mode, this will switch the background to black which is easy on the eyes at night, users can toggle on off

2. Add a bit of self moderation by adding a dislike button (when a comment has so many disikes, a moderator manually access if it should be hidden, users can still view the comment if clicked

3. An email system should be designed, communication stays on nairaland instead of third part email (all nairaland user get a user@nairaland.com email after 6 months of active usage provided the haven't been banned more than thrice,.

4. Build a robust ad management system, from creation, funding , moderation,

5.make it easy to share, the share button can be linked to whatsapp, fb, tiktok, IG, so when someone click on share they can also share outside the platform
a short url like naira.land will also make sharing easy

6. native ios/app with great push feature

mabe more later if I think of more

You didn't charge him for all these?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by ThompsonJoo: 8:27pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

2024 will be the year of Nairaland's resurgence. I will face Nairaland squarely like I used to before the discouraging Data Loss Incident of 2014. I will hire more hands to help us to improve Nairaland.

I can act as mod for free
Education preferably

However, I must warn you that things will get worse before they get better. Please stand with us and fight for u as Nairaland faces the tough challenges of 2024, which have already started.

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

I am available for mod for free

Education preferably

2 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by NaijaMemes: 8:27pm On Jan 01
AHCB:
Even till this very day, the data that was lost, have not been retrieved. So, Mr Seun, why should we take you serious?

If you had faced Nairaland squarely and not go to X and start arguing with people who don't put money in your pocket, Nairaland would not have been down for 2 days.

It's high time you stop making empty promises. It's not nice at all. You sound like a politician. What assurance do we, who put content on this site (not the brain draining content) have that such a thing won't happen again? Remember, we trusted you with our content once upon a time, you disappointed us. So I ask again, what assurance do we have.

Have a nice day, and Happy New Year.

As if you are paying to use Nairaland. See your hubris.

2 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by NaijaCover(m): 8:27pm On Jan 01
Following The Update

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by U09ce: 8:27pm On Jan 01
Incentivise NL based content creators. Find a way of getting the inactive ones back. People like fire, etc
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by ibinaboonline: 8:29pm On Jan 01
Finally. Long overdue. My two cents: there's a reason Nairaland has kept growing after all these years and with next to zero upgrades. It goes to show that the concept and delivery is watertight. So, don't change it except to improve the user experience. I'll recommend eradicating tribalism as the priority.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Tonididdyx: 8:29pm On Jan 01
Don't just take the " F in fun away from fun"

I don't know about others but the comments and banters is what keeps me coming here, not when the news broke!
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by providencia(m): 8:29pm On Jan 01
Seun, which kind of campaign promises be this na? Abi you don join Apc." We will ", " we will " , ...
Just do it !
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Nicepoker(m): 8:29pm On Jan 01
Are you threatening us? grin well if you decide to shoot without missing. We will also learn to fly without perching.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by blackmantis: 8:29pm On Jan 01
This is encouraging.
👍
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Emu4life(m): 8:30pm On Jan 01
cococandy:
Will you also tackle the rampant vitriolic misogyny on here? Thanks
NO!!
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by TruthsFM: 8:30pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

* We will reverse the anti-women trends.

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.
you are welcome Oga Seun. Hired unbiased hands please, it will help this forum to be best as much as you want it

3 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Omoawoke: 8:31pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

God bless Nairaland

May enemies of nairaland not find peace
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by ahnie: 8:31pm On Jan 01
Interesting Mr seun finally waking up at die minutes ❤️❤️.

I still insist on you getting a very active mod on food section.

In the whole of Nairaland that is where I m always ACTIVE.

Another thing I observed is that...The section has bn sane since yesterday after the complaints I laid at your feet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Silentgroper(m): 8:32pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

Since you're nw away from twitter.. it's high time se start seeing you around more often

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Morbeta11(m): 8:33pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

Sounds good......it will be nice to purge the forum of tribalism and bigotry....the hate is too much. This is our only village square and one cannot do without it. That's what keeps me going everyday.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by SavageMaster: 8:34pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

I will hire more hands to help us to improve Nairaland.

However, I must warn you that things will get worse before they get better.

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

Na these two sentences tire me the most.

Just hire the hands nah. Do you need my permission to do that?

"... things will get worse before they get better" is making you sound like a politician.

As long as the "worse" doesn't involve Nairaland shutting down again without warning, we're fine.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by GoldenGTV(m): 8:34pm On Jan 01
How do you intend to defeat tribalist?
These one's have come to stay or you'll keep deleting comments or ban user's?

I'll be watching keenly.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by adeomos(m): 8:36pm On Jan 01
@seun I look forward to this feature
CandyOps:
Seun we should be able to link our social media to our account. And use a phone number for verification so if the system blocks your account it also blocks the phone number attached.

Give us the ability to block and dislike a moniker
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by hstar: 8:37pm On Jan 01
grin
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by ahnie: 8:37pm On Jan 01
Seun you should try adding more features too like block buttons and voice notes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by hstar: 8:37pm On Jan 01
grin long overdue
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Silentgroper(m): 8:38pm On Jan 01
Thazard:

Seun I think phone numbers should be use for registration instead of email.

That's going to be for the about to register users ...

Not for the users with existing accts...
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Mase2020g(m): 8:38pm On Jan 01
When you go take start to dey pay active members ?
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Solitechworld(m): 8:38pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

It is indeed something we have all been hoping for. I kindly urge the NairaLand moderators to be more vigilant and impartial, particularly when it comes to matters of politics and religion. It's time to move away from biased moderation. I am eager to work along with you, @seun, to enhance the NairaLand community. If an opportunity arises, I would be delighted to apply for a moderator position

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by MorataFC: 8:39pm On Jan 01
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. / What Is Your Most Treasured Possession And Why? / One Million Chasing 10,000 Police Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.