Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message (30803 Views)

Tinubu: New Minimum Wage Will Be Fair, Implementable / Blue Economy: 5 Things To Know About Tinubu’s New Ministry / Aerial View Of Tinubu's New Mansion In Ikoyi - Sahara Reporters (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by treesun: 1:10pm On Jan 01
In a nationwide broadcast on Monday, President Bola Tinubu addressed Nigerians on the celebration of the New Year, 2024.

The president outlined in his speech the objectives of his administration for 2024 as well as his broadened plans for Nigerians in the new year.

In his New Year’s speech, he reminisced on his journey to becoming president and praised Nigeria’s 24 years of uninterrupted democracy. He assessed his achievements in the last seven months since taking office, highlighting his efforts to prevent what he called a fiscal catastrophe from befalling Nigeria.

Tinubu talked about making difficult choices, such as eliminating fuel subsidies and relieving a small number of people who were choking Nigeria’s foreign exchange system, which benefited only the wealthy. He acknowledged that these two choices caused discomfort to Nigerians, however, he said that hard times don’t last.

In 2024, Tinubu said his administration will focus on accelerating the pace of service delivery across sectors. In this report, Vanguard has compiled highlights of the promises made by the president to Nigerians in his 2024 speech.

1. Reliable supply of electricity
Tinubu on electricity suply: “Just this past December during COP28 in Dubai, the German Chancellor, Olaf Scholz, and I agreed and committed to a new deal to speed up the delivery of the Siemens Energy power project that will ultimately deliver reliable supply of electricity to our homes and businesses under the Presidential Power Initiative which began in 2018.

“Other power installation projects to strengthen the reliability of our transmission lines and optimise the integrity of our National grid are ongoing across the country.

“My administration recognises that no meaningful economic transformation can happen without steady electricity supply.”

2. Restart local refining of petroleum
Speaking on local refineries, he said, “In 2024, we are moving a step further in our quest to restart local refining of petroleum products with Port Harcourt Refinery, and the Dangote Refinery which shall fully come on stream.”

3. Boost food supply
In this New Year, Tinubu pledged to accelerate efforts to cultivate 500,000 hectares of farmlands nationwide to grow maize, rice, wheat, millet, and other staple crops in order to guarantee a steady supply, security, and affordability of food.

His words, “To ensure constant food supply, security and affordability, we will step up our plan to cultivate 500,000 hectares of farmlands across the country to grow maize, rice, wheat, millet and other staple crops. We launched the dry season farming with 120,000 hectares of land in Jigawa State last November under our National Wheat Development Programme.”

4. Boost local, and foreign investments
With regard to making Nigeria a preferred location for both domestic and foreign investments this New Year, Tinubu pledges to clear any obstacles in the way.

“In this new year, we will race against time to ensure all the fiscal and tax policies reforms we need to put in place are codified and simplified to ensure the business environment does not destroy value. On every foreign trip I have embarked on, my message to investors and other business people has been the same. Nigeria is ready and open for business.

“I will fight every obstacle that impedes business competitiveness in Nigeria and I will not hesitate to remove any clog hindering our path to making Nigeria a destination of choice for local and foreign investments.” – Tinubu

5. Actualisation of 8 priority areas in 2024 budget: Security, job creation, poverty reduction, others
“In my 2024 Budget presentation to the National Assembly, I listed my administration’s 8 priority areas to include national defence and internal security, job creation, macro-economic stability, investment environment optimization, human capital development, poverty reduction and social security.

“Because we take our development agenda very seriously, our 2024 budget reflects the premium we placed on achieving our governance objectives.” Tinubu noted.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/01/5-promises-from-tinubus-new-year-message/amp/

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by NobleSeed(m): 1:22pm On Jan 01
APC mind go soon touch ground..
Sorry to say non of these promises will come through just relax your mind

45 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by Ireportlive: 1:39pm On Jan 01
cool

Intelligent Finance man

1: The Siemens deal was brokered by Buhari regime and Tinubu would implement it

Nigerian major problem in the power sector is the distribution, and Transmission... Siemens Germany would provide all needed equipment, from transformers to transmission station for free, and we pay back through mettering

2: Dangote Refinery and NNPLC Refinery plus Edo State Modular refinery and others in Imo and Anambra means Petroleum and Petrochemical Products would be one of Nigerians major forex earner

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by treesun: 2:11pm On Jan 01
Empty promises!

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by YoungLionken(m): 2:20pm On Jan 01
I thought nigga was a bat, never knew he's also a parrot chirping here and there..

Oga we need action, not all this cho cho cho sad!!!

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by Obakoolex(m): 2:21pm On Jan 01
undecidedPeople are getting tired of future tense statements Mr President, the earlier we see something tangible and realistic the better....

16 Likes

Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by ecolime(m): 2:21pm On Jan 01
cool

My first comment of the year.

Happy New Year NL Fam.

Have a fabulous 2024!

3 Likes

Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by money121(m): 2:21pm On Jan 01
Seen
Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by TreasureJunky: 2:21pm On Jan 01
Story story,, na today??
This one na make e be say he talk. Tinubu and APC should stop deceiving themselves,, Nigerians are not fóóls

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by INTEGRITYA1(m): 2:22pm On Jan 01
Beautiful. Happy New Year.

1 Like

Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by Triangles1(m): 2:22pm On Jan 01
Only God can promise you that won't fail.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by Falseprofet2: 2:22pm On Jan 01
Down the section of nairaland pol page, NLC blame Tinubu for not keeping his promises.

Now, you are talking about 5 new promises he made, in a speech, he probably can't remember.

Hope is a good thing if grounded on reality

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by Och77(m): 2:22pm On Jan 01
Gist
Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by Enemyofpeace: 2:22pm On Jan 01
I can tell you authoritatively that non of them would be fulfilled

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by Nackzy: 2:22pm On Jan 01
Tah promise and fail

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by Hambivert: 2:22pm On Jan 01
I enter into this new year with a positive mindset and totally allowing the Creator of the Universe direct me.

As for Tinubu and his promises, even he himself knows that he cannot keep them.
...A man that lies whenever he makes these his speeches.
Even his New Year speech couldn't sparogatively highlight one substantial achievement of his government so far, and he boldly flaunted an 'agreement' to 'fast track' the incompetent 'Buhari's Siemens project' as one of his achievements.

Shame on supporters of Mediocrity!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by Totilopussylick(m): 2:23pm On Jan 01
tongue

Audio promises.

1 Like

Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by Lovenorth: 2:24pm On Jan 01
Devil is more honest than Tinubu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by femi4: 2:24pm On Jan 01
Expect same set of promises in 2025

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by Bobloco: 2:24pm On Jan 01
Na promises we go chop

8 Likes

Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by Blaze14k: 2:25pm On Jan 01
Who noticed he didn't mention security

8 Likes

Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by Jokerman(m): 2:25pm On Jan 01
Promise and fail ...

Hopefully not
Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by ransomed: 2:25pm On Jan 01
Believe him at your peril. He survives and dwells in deceit.

8 Likes

Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by simpleseyi: 2:26pm On Jan 01
NobleSeed:
APC mind go soon touch ground..
Sorry to say non of these promises will come through just relax your mind

As you have wished for yourself and your family, so shall it be

3 Likes

Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by hedeybody: 2:26pm On Jan 01
T hisGlobe.com never seen pictures of Lagos

https://t hisglobe.com/index.php?board=16.0
Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by EngrchidiG25(m): 2:26pm On Jan 01
I pray is fulfilled
Longing to the a working Nigeria
No matter how evil a man might be according to dem it does not mean there is no good thing in him.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Promises From Tinubu’s New Year Message by klawaaa: 2:26pm On Jan 01

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Will Not Wage War Against FG – Tompolo / Christiane Amanpour Interviews Muhammadu Buhari @ 7pm On CNN / Donald Duke Spoke Of His Identity Theft By Tinubu And TVC (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.