Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,454 members, 7,843,386 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria (833 Views)

Rivers, Kano, Abia… 27 States Attracted Zero Foreign Investments In 2022 / List Of PDP Gubernatorial Candidates In 27 States / APC Governorship Primaries In 27 States (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by lexylaw40kuti: 1:25pm On Jan 01
Jan 1, 2024 4:53 AM
Foreign investors did not find any worthy projects to explore in 27 states within the first nine months of 2023, data by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) have suggested.

A aerial view of Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial capital. (Photo by PIUS UTOMI EKPEI / AFP)
Foreign investors did not find any worthy projects to explore in 27 states within the first nine months of 2023, data by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) have suggested.

This comes as the value of capital importation into Nigeria fell by 34 per cent to $2.82 billion in the first nine months of 2023 from $4.27 billion that was recorded within the period in 2022.

In its capital importation report for the third quarter (Q3) of 2023, the NBS reported that in total, foreign investors snubbed 27 states.

The report noted that Nigeria’s capital imports for the first nine months of 2023, comprising Q1 – Q3 totalled $2.82 billion, with $1.13 billion imported in Q1, $1.03 billion in Q2 and $654.65 million in Q3 2023.

However, there was a silver lining in the damning report as Abia remarkably attracted a whopping $150.09 million in Q3, thereby emerging as the only state that recorded a huge turnaround within three months.

Comparatively, the number of states that did not record investments dropped from 28 states in the first half of 2023 to 27 in the first nine months with Abia coming off the unenviable group.

The report said Lagos emerged as the most attractive space to foreign investors with $1.79 billion which represents 64 per cent of the total foreign investment inflow.

According to the NBS report, FCT emerged as the second top investment destination with $799.21 million representing 28 percent of the total capital inflow in the country in the first nine months of the year.

Apart from Abia, FCT and Lagos, Akwa Ibom attracted $39.13 million; $27.09 million was staked in Ogun while foreign businesses invested $4.5 million in Adamawa.

According to the NBS report, the 27 states that failed to attract foreign investment of any kind in the first nine months of 2023 are Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Enugu, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi and Kogi. Others are Kwara, Nasarawa, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe and Zamfara.

Capital importation provides access to external sources of financing and investment thus helping to fund infrastructure projects, improve productivity, and stimulate economic growth.

Capital importation is said to be important for stimulating economic growth, facilitating technology transfer, accessing new markets, increasing foreign exchange inflows, creating jobs, reducing poverty, and promoting infrastructure and social development.

It is also a key driver of economic development and is often sought after by countries to support their growth and development objectives.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by BloomingDale(f): 1:27pm On Jan 01
Other states should make themselves attractive and stop promoting Lagos. Promote your states instead. One thing I notice about Yorubas is that they are quick to rush in and demote other states, and promote theirs instead, so that investors will flock to their region. Stop it, it is known as witchcraft.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by Dnet9dnet: 1:31pm On Jan 01
The preference for Lagos by foreign investors and the challenges faced by other states in attracting investment highlight the need for comprehensive strategies to promote balanced economic growth and create favorable conditions for investment throughout Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by BossGerald: 1:32pm On Jan 01
Abia state= God's own state.

Kudos to otti, ndi Abia and the inec REC woman that God used to liberate Abia state.

Soludo should do better

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by Dapson73(m): 1:33pm On Jan 01
BloomingDale:
Other states should make themselves attractive and stop promoting Lagos. Promote your states instead. One thing I notice about Yorubas is that they are quick to rush in and demote other states, and promote theirs instead, so that investors will flock to their region. Stop it, it is known as witchcraft.

Shatap

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by Dapson73(m): 1:36pm On Jan 01
BloomingDale:
pp

Is Simon Ekpa a Yoruba person ? As if Yorubas ordered the monday sit at home in your region.

Kindly leave Yorubas out of una misfortune in your region.
Awa lagba, Yoruba Lagba.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by richiemcgold: 1:36pm On Jan 01
Most governors are not only clueless, they also lack international connections and are very poor at managing diplomatic relations. How can they attract foreign investment when most of them are local champions; they have little or no friends or influence within the international circle.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by Jking20(m): 1:36pm On Jan 01
This is very questionable, like how those investors especially Food manufacturing industries prefer to import raw materials all the way from far North and North Central only to produce and redistribute back to this axis. No wonder the products even manufactured in this country kept soaring high by day.
Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by BloomingDale(f): 1:38pm On Jan 01
Dapson73:

Shatap

You be witch? I can’t comment on what I notice again? No hiding place for witches. I am here to expose all.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by Mcreloaded(m): 2:29pm On Jan 01
Banditry and kidnapping in most states and bad roads and also proximity to importing raw materials through the ports for production, monday seat at home etc.
These and .any more determine why lagos must always be blessed.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by Roboto11: 3:00pm On Jan 01
Sit-at-home.
grin

One nsala.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by favor914: 4:13pm On Jan 01
BloomingDale:
What kind of nonsensical assertion of a Failure is this?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by favor914: 4:16pm On Jan 01
BloomingDale:
You want to blame Bola Tinubu as usual?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by BloomingDale(f): 4:17pm On Jan 01
favor914:
What kind of nonsensical assertion of a Failure is this?

I am here to shine the light into every dark corner and hidden places. 2024 is a year of exposure. Every hidden thing and the unknown will be exposed for all to see. I am coming for you. 🫵🏾🫵🏾🫵🏾

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by BloomingDale(f): 4:18pm On Jan 01
favor914:
You want to blame Bola Tinubu as usual?

Every politician is the problem. I am coming for them all.
Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by ElSudani: 4:52pm On Jan 01
BloomingDale:

Witchcraft!
Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by Raskimonojendor: 4:53pm On Jan 01
SW na baba.
Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by Raskimonojendor: 4:54pm On Jan 01
Roboto11:
Sit-at-home.
grin

One nsala.
😂😂😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by Raskimonojendor: 4:55pm On Jan 01
BossGerald:
Abia state= God's own state.

Kudos to otti, ndi Abia and the inec REC woman that God used to liberate Abia state.

Soludo should do better
Otti the APC boy learnt and is still learning from the SW. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by kettykin: 4:56pm On Jan 01
Abia is coming

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by kettykin: 5:01pm On Jan 01
Raskimonojendor:

How is Otti learning from the SW and Oyo,Osun,ondoEkiti refused to learn from the south west , what a paradoxically enriched lies from the pit of hell
Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by Raskimonojendor: 5:04pm On Jan 01
kettykin:

How is Otti learning from the SW and Oyo,Osun,ondoEkiti refused to learn from the south west , what a paradoxically enriched lies from the pit of hell
Otti is Tinubu's boy. He jumped on the LP bandwagon to snatch Abia state from the clutch of PDP. Good move.

He was also the first governor aside the Lagos host, to go and lick Tinubu's arse in Ikoyi after the latter's arrival in Lagos for the Christmas break.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by BloomingDale(f): 5:04pm On Jan 01
ElSudani:

Witchcraft!

Yes. After performing your witchcraft, you now take huge delight in rubbing it in every region’s faces, that only your region has foreign investments. The glee you guys derive from it is so so demonic. Big, big witchcraft spirit. I have more that I can expose o.
Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by kettykin: 5:06pm On Jan 01
Raskimonojendor:

Otti is Tinubu's boy. He jumped on the LP bandwagon to snatch Abia state from the clutch of PDP. Good move.

Otti has never been Tinubu's boy , otti was frustrated in PDP, Apgar, apc until miraculously there was an opportunity in labor party, otti would have lost out if he contested in APC , apc would never have won abia. This is not about vocalizing ignorance
Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by Raskimonojendor: 5:08pm On Jan 01
kettykin:

Otti has never been Tinubu's boy , otti was frustrated in PDP, Apgar, apc until miraculously there was an opportunity in labor party, otti would have lost out if he contested in APC , apc would never have won abia. This is not about vocalizing ignorance
Argue with your keypad.

I am sure you 100% agree with Otti's statement below:

Tinubu’s Economic Policies Are Good, Things Will Turn Around With Time – Otti

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by kettykin: 5:08pm On Jan 01
BloomingDale:

The only place investors are rushing in in yoruba land is Lagos because dangote, Bua, UBA , konga, jumia is in Lagos. All that will change if they all momentous Abuja or kano

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by Raskimonojendor: 5:10pm On Jan 01
kettykin:

The only place investors are rushing in in yoruba land is Lagos because dangote, Bua, UBA , konga, jumia is in Lagos. All that will change if they all momentous Abuja or kano
Because of Tinubu's policies as Lagos state governor. He created all the Lagos free zone and economic policies that attracted and still attracting massive investors and foreign investment to the state, and at large Nigeria cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by kettykin: 5:35pm On Jan 01
Raskimonojendor:

Because of Tinubu's policies as Lagos state governor. He created all the Lagos free zone and economic policies that attracted and still attracting massive investors and foreign investment to the state, and at large Nigeria cool

Dangote ,Bua, uba , zenith and all the mother banks werenin Lagos, doing business, raising money before 1999, infact 2 former bank moguls who contributed so much to Lagos becoming the west African banking Hub are presently governors of Abia and Anambra .
Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by ElSudani: 6:13pm On Jan 01
BloomingDale:

Yes. After performing your witchcraft, you now take huge delight in rubbing it in every region’s faces, that only your region has foreign investments. The glee you guys derive from it is so so demonic. Big, big witchcraft spirit. I have more that I can expose o.

This is quite an interesting way to look at it. I can't wait to read more expose from you.
But, if you are from the part of the country where there's a billionaire in every household I don't think foreign investment should be of any concern to you at all.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by BloomingDale(f): 6:14pm On Jan 01
ElSudani:

This is quite an interesting way to look at it. I can't wait read more expose from you.
But, if you are from the part of the country where there's a billionaire in every household I don't think foreign investment should be of any concern to you at all.

I’m coming for you. No escape. Be ready. 🫵🏾🫵🏾
Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by BossGerald: 12:34am On Jan 02
Raskimonojendor:

Heeeiyaa, otti na better market na why una dey rush am.

Lol
Re: Foreign Investors Prefer Lagos, Shun 27 States Guardian Nigeria by lexylaw40kuti: 8:13am On Jan 11
cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Africa Colonised China (Video) / Has Anybody Seen Buhari Since He Stepped Down? / The Coming Ramadan May Sink Tinubu, The Goodluck Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.