Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

The Igbo Native Calendar (picture) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbo Native Calendar (picture) (3789 Views)

Dele Momodu Releases Atiku’s School Calendar (Photos) / Ipob Commend Emerging Igbo Native Cow Farmer / South West Is The Power Base Of The South: From An Igbo Native (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Igbo Native Calendar (picture) by kingsways: 1:57am On Jan 02
Incredible _Igbo
Re: The Igbo Native Calendar (picture) by Ogene001: 2:02am On Jan 02
Goodvibes007:

See ancient Yoruba calendar below 👇.
Haha, so who we go believe now? Forge forge

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo Native Calendar (picture) by Ogene001: 2:04am On Jan 02
Goodvibes007:

Yoruba has a calendar. Google would have helped you.
Lol. Over here nobody needs Google. I stayed in yorubaland they don't have Native names for days of the native weeks for local markets.
Please compare. See igbo days of the week and the corresponding days of oyibo week.

Re: The Igbo Native Calendar (picture) by opamoses1: 2:44am On Jan 02
Ogene001:

Lol. Over here nobody needs Google. I stayed in yorubaland they don't have Native names for days of the native weeks for local markets.
Please compare. See igbo days of the week and the corresponding days of oyibo week.
The point and some other people's point on this thread is that: It is NOT only Igbos that have a pre colonial calendar. Shikena. All this whether Yoruba, Nupe, Kanuri, Ijaw, Isoko, urhobo, Itsekiri, Hausa or Fulani market or not is secondary.

That makes you either a liar, an ignorant person, or even a tribalist. It could be any of the 3 or a combination of 2, or just 1 lol. For the benefit of doubt, If it's just you being ignorant i.e. Not aware of the fact, just apologize for goofing with the "only" in your original post.
Re: The Igbo Native Calendar (picture) by opamoses1: 2:49am On Jan 02
Ogene001:

Haha, so who we go believe now? Forge forge
I googled and found website talking about the ancient calendar he posted.

He could as well claim that yours was Forge forge fake fake too.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Native Calendar (picture) by Ogene001: 3:05am On Jan 02
opamoses1:

The point and some other people's point on this thread is that: It is NOT only Igbos that have a pre colonial calendar. Shikena. All this whether Yoruba, Nupe, Kanuri, Ijaw, Isoko, urhobo, Itsekiri, Hausa or Fulani market or not is secondary.

That makes you either a liar, an ignorant person, or even a tribalist. It could be any of the 3 or a combination of 2, or just 1 lol. For the benefit of doubt, If it's just you being ignorant i.e. Not aware of the fact, just apologize for goofing with the "only" in your original post.
Story, as if you know much about other ethnicities.

Let me give you good example
Most popular market in Maiduguri is The Monday Market
Most popular market in Nnewi is Nkwo Nnewi
The most popular market in Awka is Eke Awka

Kanuri has no native week, no other ethnicity in Nigeria has well known names for days of the week

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Native Calendar (picture) by Ogene001: 3:10am On Jan 02
opamoses1:

I googled and found website talking about the ancient calendar he posted.

He could as well claim that yours was Forge forge fake fake too.
No be only Google. Same Google that gave another twelve calendar month.
Those rubbish were created by a academic revisionist post colonial.
Re: The Igbo Native Calendar (picture) by Broveens42(m): 3:39am On Jan 02
Ogene001:

No be only Google. Same Google that gave another twelve calendar month.
Those rubbish were created by a academic revisionist post colonial.

When we tell them Igbo nation represents enlightenment, they call it chest beating. The fact remains, the igbos were the first to identify the concept of chromosome; this is the first step to civilization, a way of identity.

Re: The Igbo Native Calendar (picture) by skywolf28(m): 5:04am On Jan 02
Ogene001:

Story, as if you know much about other ethnicities.

Let me give you good example
Most popular market in Maiduguri is The Monday Market
Most popular market in Nnewi is Nkwo Nnewi
The most popular market in Awka is Eke Awka

Kanuri has no native week, no other ethnicity in Nigeria has well known names for days of the week

Hausas do
Re: The Igbo Native Calendar (picture) by Goodvibes007: 5:20am On Jan 02
opamoses1:

He is a tribalist. His favourite topics to post are often ones that shit on other tribes.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Native Calendar (picture) by Goodvibes007: 5:23am On Jan 02
Ogene001:

Ogene001:
Only Igbos have a very accurate pre colonial native calendar.

Because you stayed in the SW don't mean you know jack about the culture of the people there. Your lie in the bolded to remind you why you were called out

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG, Labour Move Towards Compromise / I Walked 14km Everyday To Go To School - Labaran Maku / Buhari Cracking A Joke With Tinubu In London (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.