Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,768 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Advice For A Friend That Failed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Advice For A Friend That Failed (2955 Views)

Little Secret Of My Friend That Will Never Come Down With MALARIA / For Those That Failed Jamb Or Post Jamb Click The Link Below.. / Abu Zaria 2011 Admission Advice For Jambite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice For A Friend That Failed by Flashaldrin(m): 8:41am On Nov 03, 2011
I really need advice on what to tell my friend. We just concluded our 2nd mbbs, i passed buh she failed and was withdrawn from med school. Not as if she aint intelligent buh due to NMC quota regulation exercise, only 60 out of 150 in my class passed.
Now she is so bitter and depressed, i'm her closest friend and i dont know what to tell her, worst is she calls me everytime, and i never say the right things, she might even end up crying.
Truly i'm confused cos i have never been there, i dont know how it feels.
I cant just leave or ignore her cos i feel this is the time to show am a true friend. Buh i honestly lack words. And each time she cries, it breaks my heart.
Re: Advice For A Friend That Failed by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 03, 2011
Be a good listener, a shoulder to lean on. Try not to patronize her with empty words, encourage her to come out of her depression. She will be fine.
Re: Advice For A Friend That Failed by freecocoa(f): 9:35am On Nov 03, 2011
Its a pity,I feel for your friend,I can only imagine how depressed she must be,watching her dream fly out the window.
The only thing you can do for her is be her rock like someone already said,don't let her do all the callings,call her from time to time,listen to her,make her realize its not the end,there could be something better for her out there,you could take her out once in awhile,and please don't make the mistake of trying to talk about you making it(atleast not now)encourage her not to give up on hope and hard work,don't try to act differently from who she used to know,don't give her the impression that you pity her,do those things you normally do together and with time she'll be better.

Na this kind thing make me bone studying medicine for this country,they can fit frustrate person,upon say person go dey house 4 years dey wait to gain admission, after dem go wave the person,even after all these, fake doctors still full everywhere for naija,mtcheeeeew.
Re: Advice For A Friend That Failed by seedord247(m): 9:54am On Nov 03, 2011
Guy It;s not easy studying that kind of major and living social life.

Some pple say they bone the course becus naija University no good, how do you expect someone looking for Boyfriend,

using almost 12 hours of her time in day on nairaland Romance section and you expect that person to pass jamb abi?   shocked shocked

Nigerian student this dayz are not ready to read or go thru won research, but they are ready to know the lastest gossip

and the lastest phone's (BB). The best thing you can do for her is advising her to choose a suitable course she can defend.
Re: Advice For A Friend That Failed by freecocoa(f): 10:04am On Nov 03, 2011
^^^
Come seedord,this thing don comot from play o,what's your obsession with me na,must you stalk me?you are beginning to make me worry about being kidnapped,if I'm looking for a boyfriend how does that affect you?let me be na,na wa o.
Re: Advice For A Friend That Failed by seedord247(m): 10:08am On Nov 03, 2011
Nnee . . Osizo?? . Biko . . Free me like poo dey free Yansh o o o o. . .

You see me mention your name?

Me Obsess with you? . . . Mo ti wo ra mi ni le

Re: Advice For A Friend That Failed by freecocoa(f): 10:30am On Nov 03, 2011
Na you sabi o,just stop passing comments my way.
Re: Advice For A Friend That Failed by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 03, 2011
now i understand how desperately some b***ch wants attension on nairaland!
Re: Advice For A Friend That Failed by bekay911(f): 12:54pm On Nov 03, 2011
Kpelle bt jst encourage her notin else man go do
Re: Advice For A Friend That Failed by dinah777: 12:59pm On Nov 03, 2011
Its sad to be dropped out of med school,i have seen that happen to abt 2close friends and truth is there is nothing you can do other than just be there for her,listen more than you speak and pray for her,when she is ready help her in choosing another department,she can go back to medicine after her 1st degree if she still wants to that's what both of my friends did.Please don't let her wallow in self pity.She ll be fine.
Re: Advice For A Friend That Failed by Flashaldrin(m): 2:38pm On Nov 03, 2011
Yea, its very very painful.
Not just the career tingy, she talks abt the dissappointment, trauma, shame after all the hardwork.
Everyone thinks she's a failure, classmates, younger ones, parents, friends and all that.
Re: Advice For A Friend That Failed by omega25red(m): 2:42pm On Nov 03, 2011
andromida:

Be a good listener, a shoulder to lean on. Try not to patronize her with empty words, encourage her to come out of her depression. She will be fine.
seconded
Re: Advice For A Friend That Failed by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 03, 2011
I have a friend who suffered thesame way because he failed a professional exam, he began to feel like a failure, the shame of falling short of other peoples expectation but this is reality some people will pass some will fail and have to try again it does not mean she should quit and be walking about with an aura of failure because if she does that i can assure her that she will fail at other things. She should keep her head up.
Re: Advice For A Friend That Failed by Flashaldrin(m): 8:07pm On Nov 03, 2011
Thanks @ all for the advice. I should listen more, cos talking doesnt seem to work.
Re: Advice For A Friend That Failed by Cuddlemii: 1:44pm On Nov 04, 2011
Flashaldrin:

I really need advice on what to tell my friend. We just concluded our 2nd mbbs, i passed buh she failed and was withdrawn from med school. Not as if she aint intelligent buh due to NMC quota regulation exercise, only 60 out of 150 in my class passed.
Now she is so bitter and depressed, i'm her closest friend and i dont know what to tell her, worst is she calls me everytime, and i never say the right things, she might even end up crying.
Truly i'm confused cos i have never been there, i dont know how it feels.
I cant just leave or ignore her cos i feel this is the time to show am a true friend. Buh i honestly lack words. And each time she cries, it breaks my heart.

Hey Bestie, where were you before now. Couldn't you take her through tutorials, past questions & practice etc. A friend in need is a friend in deed, if you were looking for her best interest then you should have been her back bone before now.

OK the deed has been done. Its never too late to be her shoulder to cry on. Help her out this time and make sure she makes up for what she has lost. I am happy you didnt flunk your exams, would have given you 12 strokes of cane. She fell now, try and make rise for later.

Take care of u dear.
Re: Advice For A Friend That Failed by Flashaldrin(m): 4:13pm On Nov 04, 2011
Hei sweri, Thank God you are here. Missed you loads!!
Well i tried my best for her, considering the time i had. Med school is so tedious you rarely get time for yourself, you know how it is.
Well, i'll do the best i can for her, and i have got to be careful too, considering she's quite vulnerable now, dont want any 'falling in love' to happen.
Thanks o, i'm glad i passed, though i aint afraid of your strokes cos even you do give me, you would do it so romantically i would want more. Lolz.
Re: Advice For A Friend That Failed by Cuddlemii: 5:47pm On Nov 04, 2011
Flashaldrin:

Hei sweri, Thank God you are here. Missed you loads!!
Well i tried my best for her, considering the time i had. Med school is so tedious you rarely get time for yourself, you know how it is.
Well, i'll do the best i can for her, and i have got to be careful too, considering she's quite vulnerable now, dont want any 'falling in love' to happen.
Thanks o, i'm glad i passed, though i aint afraid of your strokes cos even you do give me, you would do it so romantically i would want more. Lolz.

I have been here. Missed u too plenty!
Ok try harder for her. Just do it such that she doesn't fall in love & you don't fall in ur grades.
"Intelligent, you can tell". Remember that so I knew u wld ace it.
Na if u fail, my strokes of cane would involve a mark and wound on ur butt. No romantics for olodos tongue tongue.
Take care dear.
Re: Advice For A Friend That Failed by Slimgee22(m): 6:38pm On Nov 04, 2011
She shud encourage herself by herself. D rison is because she herself is in d best positn 2 push ahead and make her decision. TOO much of sorry MIGHT cos internal weaknes. Its beta 4d 2 of u 2 sit 2geda n look 4 oda alternatives. Aldou its hard, but dats d way c it. Arise and carry d crox wit prayas, God wil c u tru
Re: Advice For A Friend That Failed by Flashaldrin(m): 6:04pm On Nov 06, 2011
@slimgee, thanks alot.
@bestie, lolz. take care too.
btw, i miss your posts. you post rarely these days. sad
Re: Advice For A Friend That Failed by Odunnu: 8:54pm On Nov 06, 2011
I was opportuned to be in a meeting with an international celebrity today- Erica Freemantle. She told a story of how and why she made it in life. One of her drives was people. Everybody told her she was ugly, a failure and wouldnt amount to anything. Google her name, you'l get an idea how successful she is.
Point: its okay when people say negative things about you, I take it as a challenge to prove them wrong. Your friend can be a drop out in Medicine but be an ambassador in another field. Let her get it off her mind, I mean being a failure, pick up the remaining pieces and stitch them together and move on. With God on her side,we'll celebrate her soon. Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

Any Uniuyo Student Here That Read Elec/elec Engineering At Uniuyo? / The Power Of Your Speaking Voice-how Good Diction Helps / 3 Madonna University Students Gets Burnt Beyond Recognition In Horrific Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.