Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Tarrif Increment, High Cost Of Fuel, Just Get Solar And Rest. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tarrif Increment, High Cost Of Fuel, Just Get Solar And Rest. (336 Views)

Return To Your Hometown Iragbiji And Rest - Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu / 2023: Tinubu Should Go And Rest, I’ll Vote For Osinbajo – Edwin Clark / Go Home And Rest, After Failing Nigerians Woefully, Junaid Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tarrif Increment, High Cost Of Fuel, Just Get Solar And Rest. by Rich4god(m): 10:17pm On Jan 01
The news on the front page about possible tarrif increment by discos, High cost of Fuel and gas to power generator.... If your home is just an average power user, just get solar and rest.

Within the last 8 months, a lot of things have changed in Nigeria and it calls for one to adjust financially. As Nigeria is now, every naira counts, there is no room for wastage.

So with this news of tarrif increment, cost of fuel and gas, it's better to get solar panels to power your home.

I got mine middle of this year with less than 400k. So when you factor in inflation, maybe 500-550k will do the work, including labour.

I got
3 180w panel
1 1kva Inverter
1 charge controller
1 150Amp batter.
Wire fixing and other logistics...

Every is less than 400k. The solar carries everything in my apartment during the peak of the sun, though I don't have heavy appliances but it carries my fridge fans and TV.

Then at night, if I use only lights and one fan, it could last till day break. You can get rechargeable fan to argument it.

The charge controller and inverter I bought are for high capacity, that way I can add more battery and panels to it when I have free fund.

Try it, and you won't regret it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarrif Increment, High Cost Of Fuel, Just Get Solar And Rest. by matify83: 11:16pm On Jan 01
Going green is the only way to go in order to mitigate the rising cost of electric tariff.

I have gone 5 years 7 months exclusively off grid and the experience is rewarding.

Just like op alluded, you can start small but make sure your charge controller [ mppt is better] can accommodate future scaling up by way of additional batteries and solar panels.

Except you are adding batteries in parallel to your existing inverter, you may need change the inverter to accommodate additional batteries also.

1 Like

Re: Tarrif Increment, High Cost Of Fuel, Just Get Solar And Rest. by MrProlific95: 11:23pm On Jan 01
PHCN still the best and cheapest. Only that it is unreliable. I use all together with Solar electrical appliances

2 Likes

Re: Tarrif Increment, High Cost Of Fuel, Just Get Solar And Rest. by millhouse: 1:33am On Jan 02
True talk
Re: Tarrif Increment, High Cost Of Fuel, Just Get Solar And Rest. by omsglobal: 3:34am On Jan 02
Contact us to install solar solar, we have various payment options, options like if you want to pay installmentally, or if you want electricity lease,or if you want to make straight payments, why our partnership Bank stands as escrow between us, you make deposit to the bank, and we come to install, if you are satisfied, you ask the bank to release funds to us. Contact us on the screen, we are based in Benin city, but we go anywhere to install solar system both in Nigeria or neighbouring countries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLFKjm7XMzg?feature=shared
Re: Tarrif Increment, High Cost Of Fuel, Just Get Solar And Rest. by Rich4god(m): 12:28pm On Jan 02
MrProlific95:
PHCN still the best and cheapest. Only that it is unreliable. I use all together with Solar electrical appliances
Yes o... PHCN is the cheapest, but when the tariff gets high, it's better one have the solar on ground before the cost of installation will be out of the reach of the common man.
Re: Tarrif Increment, High Cost Of Fuel, Just Get Solar And Rest. by ivolt: 12:30pm On Jan 02
Rich4god:

Yes o... PHCN is the cheapest, but when the tariff gets high, it's better one have the solar on ground before the cost of installation will be out of the reach of the common man.
Do you really think a common man has 500K extra cash lying around?
Are you sure you are a Nigerian?

(1) (Reply)

Supreme Court Affirms Election Of Uba Sani As Kaduna Governor / Ifeanyi Ubah's Empty Radio Phone In Programme By Chinedu Obigwe / Ali Bello As Chief Of Staff; A Sustained Tempo Of Hope, Inclusiveness And Placem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.