Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG (6930 Views)

At GIGM, Young Shall Grow, I Looked In Vain For Fg’s 50% Transport Palliative / Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% / Premium Times Special Report On Road Projects Across Nigeria Under PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by Islie: 10:32pm On Jan 01
Alake: Over 163k Nigerians enjoyed FG’s 50% discount on road fares, free train trips

BY SAMAD UTHMAN

Dele Alake, the minister of solid minerals development, says about 163,878 Nigerians have enjoyed the transportation rebate introduced by the federal government.

Alake, who doubles as the chairman of the committee on the implementation of the end-of-the-year transportation subsidy programme, spoke in a statement issued on Monday by Kehinde Bamigbetan, his aide.

On December 19, the government announced free transportation on the routes of the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) and a 50 percent subsidy on transport fares for passengers travelling on 30 routes serviced by bus operators under the umbrella of the Association of Luxury Bus Owners of Nigeria (ALBON).

Alake said the committee took some remedial measures by adding two more routes, engaging other bus-owning stakeholders, such as the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), the state-owned transport companies, and the Private Transport Operators Association (PTONA).

He said between December 21 and 31, 2023, the NRC transported 71,000 passengers, while buses operating under ALBON carried 77,122 travellers.

Alake added that 652 bus trips originating travels from Oshodi Interchange in Lagos carried 15,766 passengers.

“Between December 21 and December 31, 2023, figures avaialable show that the NRC conveyed 71,000 passengers, while buses operating under the auspices of ALBON carried 77, 122 passengers, and 652 bus trips originating travels from Oshodi Interchange in Lagos carried 15,766,” the statement reads.

“This means no fewer than 163, 878 passengers benefitted in the first 10 days of the programme.

“Secondly, while train-bound passengers enjoyed total free service, road travellers paid only 50 percent of the fares.

“The subsidies depended on the fares ranging from a saving of N21,500 on a Lagos-Abuja road trip fare of N43,000 and N15,000 on a Lagos –Onisha bus fare of N30,000.”

He appealed for the cooperation of the bus companies to manage the return of passengers from their respective locations till January 4, noting that the programme is still ongoing.

https://www.thecable.ng/alake-over-163k-nigerians-enjoyed-fgs-50-discount-on-road-fares-free-train-trips/amp

3 Likes

Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by Goodlyhrt(m): 10:37pm On Jan 01
Seems to be audio after all as more people are coming out to deny ever getting such transportation bonus.

We may be wrong though. Congrats to those who enjoyed it.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by PlayMaker14: 10:37pm On Jan 01
Government OF the Propaganda, BY the Propaganda and FOR the Propaganda.... grin

-Dele Alake don put money for pocket, begin blow grammar to scatter Tinubu supporters head,

-Better Edu don use Empowerment money buy Mary Kay makeup, and bleaching cream accessories,

-City boy don buy Yatch for hot Owambé, Toke Makinwa the regular “Item 7” will be onboard to shake her yansh,

-Akpabio has not stop sending “Prayers” to mailbox,

-Remi Tinubu that Borrowed N2million from one of Shetima's numerous wives before the election is now doing giveaway of N100million

-Festus Keyamo don squander money, use some collect Chieftaincy title for Uvwie LGA and use am buy Blue tick for him younger brother social media accounts.....

-Ronu miscreants dey Bourdilion dey shout; Ebi npa wa Oo

On dis mandate, we must stand.... Peter Obi and Obidients must learn serious lessons....

Ire Oooo!!!! grin

92 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by matify83: 10:56pm On Jan 01
Bandits feeding fat on our solid minerals while you dabble into distractions from your core mandate and job description.

Reeling out spurious and unsubstantiated statistics.

Sycophancy at its peak

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by Gbogbowa: 10:58pm On Jan 01
I traveled by evergreen on 22 of December 23 I paid 23,000 but I we are all refunded with 5k only is that 50percent,I also traveled with AKTC but was not refunded.this people are telling lies

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by PlayMaker14: 10:58pm On Jan 01
matify83:
So, the minister of solid minerals has suddenly become the spokesperson for the transportation ministry?

Reeling out spurious and unsubstantiated statistics.

Sycophancy at its peak
According to Tinubu; “Na statistics we go chop” grin

42 Likes

Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by Macdeey: 11:17pm On Jan 01
163 k Nigerians out of over 200 million Nigerians grin grin grin

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by NwaNimo1(m): 11:23pm On Jan 01
Gbogbowa:
I traveled by evergreen on 22 of December 23 I paid 23,000 but I we are all refunded with 5k only is that 50percent,I also traveled with AKTC but was not refunded.this people are telling lies

This sums up nigeria............everyone na scammer.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by Artiiclebeast: 11:55pm On Jan 01
This Alake guy with his "oversabi" gets on my nerves.

He has continued to display all signs of incompetence even while he was a temporary spokesperson for this administration.

Now that he has been allowed a permanent ministry to superintend over he still can't seem to get his big mouth under wraps and face his job.

Since when did the minister of mines become a mouthpiece for a government? Doubling as chairman of the transportation rebate my arse.

Another angle for them to loot. Just divide the numbers quoted here and multiply it by 10k, only then will you understand what these idiots are on about.

In a working country where accountability is the watch-word, the names of the transport companies and terminals including the number of passengers they ferried will be available for confirmation even names of passengers with a link to their NIN or BVN.

Foolish set of old men.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by culf: 12:24am On Jan 02
Some people see Everything in this country as an opportunity to make money.

13 Likes

Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by ILoveNG: 12:52am On Jan 02
We all know our eastern brothers who are enjoying the free train and bus the most are so ungrateful. See them denying above.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by Sirianese: 2:00am On Jan 02
Islie:

Alake: Over 163k Nigerians enjoyed FG’s 50% discount on road fares, free train trips

https://www.thecable.ng/alake-over-163k-nigerians-enjoyed-fgs-50-discount-on-road-fares-free-train-trips/amp

Nlfpmod

Another daylight robbery

That's a minimum of two billion naira stolen

10 Likes

Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by MrFourSHIRTS: 2:36am On Jan 02
ILoveNG:
We all know our eastern brothers who enjoy the rebate the most can be so ungrateful. See them denying above.

Since they claim they have gone home, let them stay at home and develop instead of running down to Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by Bobloco: 3:13am On Jan 02
ILoveNG:
We all know our eastern brothers who enjoy the rebate the most are so ungrateful. See them denying above.
MrFourSHIRTS:

Since they claim they have gone home, let them stay at home and develop instead of running down to Lagos.
ILoveNG:

Unfortunately, they will use the same free train and bus provided by Tinubu to run back to Lagos, just as they did when returning home.

When I look at what the above Bulabans have become, I regret

They tell barefaced lies, falsehood just to spread bigotry.

Imagine claiming that the over 163k Nigerians who enjoyed the FG's 50% discount on roads fares and free train trips are all from a particular ethnic group.

Even when there are no train ride to the south east region, they claim that the people from that region benefited most from the FG's Free train trips

It's quite pathetic

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by ILoveNG: 3:16am On Jan 02
MrFourSHIRTS:

Unfortunately, they will use the same free train and bus provided by Tinubu to run back to Lagos, just as they did when returning home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by SpatialKing(m): 3:17am On Jan 02
Mostly Tinubu supporters
Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by MrFourSHIRTS: 3:22am On Jan 02
ILoveNG:

Can't blame them. If one's habitation was good and promising, one will stay there.
Yoruba people has been outstanding for creating a place like Lagos.

Infact the Yoruba tried to introduce civilization to ibo people through Samuel Ajayi Crowther.
If they were patient and learn, perhaps they would have had a place like Lagos in the south East

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by PlayMaker14: 8:38am On Jan 02
MrFourSHIRTS:

Can't blame them. If one's habitation was good and promising, one will stay there.
Yoruba people has been outstanding for creating a place like Lagos.

Infact the Yoruba tried to introduce civilization to ibo people through Samuel Ajayi Crowther.
If they were patient and learn, perhaps they would have had a place like Lagos in the south East
See the extremely shallow thinking of a Bigot. 🤦

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by DesChyko: 9:53am On Jan 02
Hmmm..

Which kind of stupid lie from the bottom of a mine deposit is this? angry angry
Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by mytime24(f): 9:54am On Jan 02
Otilo
Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by lokotamak(m): 9:55am On Jan 02
grin grin grin shocked grin
Oga oo.
May God give us grace to survive this era
It's well
Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by Vadese1: 9:56am On Jan 02
This government is just so useless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by NobleSeed(m): 9:56am On Jan 02
APC tell you say na red just no is green.
This 2024 the lies and the propaganda continue

1 Like

Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by DesChyko: 9:57am On Jan 02
lokotamak:
angry

Ahn ahn angry angry

2nd of January, 2024 o angry

1 Like

Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by ClearFlair: 9:58am On Jan 02
Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by lomprico(m): 10:00am On Jan 02
Billions looted!

Mission accomplished!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by crowther15(m): 10:03am On Jan 02
Goodlyhrt:
Seems to be audio after all as more people are coming out to deny ever getting such transportation bonus.

We may be wrong though. Congrats to those who enjoyed it.

The train service was totally free. I booked it myself online, Ibadan to Lagos, and Lagos to Ibadan. The challenges there is that, Nigerians are greedy and always abuse things. Many people are booking train seats without needing them. Once you book a seat, you make it excludable to other persons who may also need it. Some are even booking it online and later resell them at the train station. Nigerians are just too wicked. Many a times, when this train is leaving, the seats are are empty. Nigerians are resources wasters.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by BlaqFaze: 10:09am On Jan 02
Gbogbowa:
FG is not telling lies...Nigerians are useless people
Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by Ekehwinz: 10:10am On Jan 02
LIES
Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by Decarbonisation: 10:10am On Jan 02
Government of Propaganda!

E ma tan ara yin
Re: Over 163k Nigerian Enjoyed FG's 50% Discount On Road Fares, Free Train Trips: FG by nairalanda1(m): 10:13am On Jan 02
It was never going to reach the majority of nigerians.

Unless government has hidden trillions, there is no such thing as free transport. E cost money. Somewhere somehow is paying for it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

No More Road Blocks- Igp / Security: Enugu-Church Bans Headgears & Handbags / Today, I Prayed For The President; I Prayed For Nigeria. Come In If You Wish To.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.