Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. (1119 Views)

20 Surprising Differences Between The UK And The USA / Between Canada �� And USA Which Is Better ? / Practicing Medicine In Canada Or USA Which Is Easier And Better?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. by lasisig5(m): 2:18am On Jan 02
Hi I recently moved to UK but considering moving to USA But not sure which one is better out of the two. Can anyone tells which one is better..
Re: UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. by CoronaVirusPro: 2:25am On Jan 02
lasisig5:
Hi I recently moved to UK but considering moving to USA But not sure which one is better out of the two. Can anyone tells which one is better..

Are you legal in UK?

Do you intend to move to the USA legally or illegally?

Those factors will determine what advice I will give.

1 Like

Re: UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. by Artiiclebeast: 2:36am On Jan 02
The U.S. is God's own country for a reason. You can choose what area or State you wish to hide yourself in depending on your weather preference. You can survive there for years even when illegal so long as you stay away from crime. You can become whatever you wish to become not minding your immigration status so long as you are determined and willing to put in the work.

The U.K., I see it as a Nigeria that managed to go to Oxford University came out with a third-class degree, and ended up like Food For Kayode (FFK).

DISCLAIMER:
The above are strictly my personal opinions and shouldn't be taken for immigration advice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. by AlphaNugget(m): 2:47am On Jan 02
tax, tax, tax, tax....they will tax your life......that is why I prefer europe
Re: UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. by lasisig5(m): 4:18am On Jan 02
I am actually thinking of going for my Ph.D or maybe another master in Nursing… the issue is that my wife don’t want us to leave UK because we have a baby here and she think if we leave we won’t be able to get UK citizens for the baby, however I told my wife that it is easy to make it in USA than here in UK..
CoronaVirusPro:

Are you legal in UK?

Re: UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. by lasisig5(m): 4:20am On Jan 02
What’s their tax rate like, what’s the most easiest job to get there, like here in UK the most easiest job here js care job…
Which area Favor black most?
Artiiclebeast:
The U.S. is God's own country for a reason. You can choose what area or State you wish to hide yourself in depending on your weather preference. You can survive there for years even when illegal so long as you stay away from crime. You can become whatever you wish to become not minding your immigration status so long as you are determined and willing to put in the work.

The U.K., I see it as a Nigeria that managed to go to Oxford University came out with a third-class degree, and ended up like Food For Kayode (FFK).

DISCLAIMER:
The above are strictly my personal opinions and shouldn't be taken for immigration advice.
Re: UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. by lasisig5(m): 4:22am On Jan 02
And yes I am legal in the UK and I want to move to USA via student route..
CoronaVirusPro:

Are you legal in UK?

Re: UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. by CoronaVirusPro: 4:29am On Jan 02
lasisig5:
And yes I am legal in the UK and I want to move to USA via student route..

Move to the USA. #CaseClosed

I will recommend you ignore the masters and go with the PhD
Re: UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. by Botragelad: 6:16am On Jan 02
lasisig5:
I am actually thinking of going for my Ph.D or maybe another master in Nursing… the issue is that my wife don’t want us to leave UK because we have a baby here and she think if we leave we won’t be able to get UK citizens for the baby, however I told my wife that it is easy to make it in USA than here in UK..
First of all, congrats on your baby and your ambition to pursue a Ph.D or another master in Nursing. That's a noble and challenging goal, and I respect that.

You see, the rules for getting UK citizenship for your baby depend on when and where they were born, and your own citizenship status. If your baby was born in the UK and at least one of you is a British citizen or has settled status, then your baby is automatically a British citizen and you don't need to apply for anything. You can just get them a UK passport or a letter confirming their citizenship.

But if your baby was born outside the UK, or neither of you is a British citizen or has settled status, then it gets more complicated. You may need to register your baby as a British citizen, which involves filling out an application form, paying a fee, and providing evidence of your relationship and immigration status. This can take several months, and there is no guarantee that your application will be accepted.

So, before you decide to move to the USA, you need to check your eligibility and options for getting UK citizenship for your baby, or better still consult a solicitor or an immigration adviser if you need professional help.

Now, let's talk about your plan to study in the USA. I agree that the USA has some of the top nursing colleges in the world, and that getting a Ph.D or another master in Nursing from there can boost your career prospects and earning potential. You also have to understand that studying in the USA is not easy or cheap.
Consider things like, the admission requirements: If I'm right you need to have a Bachelor of Science (BSN) degree and a Registered Nurse (RN) license to apply for most nursing graduate programs in the USA. You also need to have a good GPA, usually at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, and a satisfactory GRE score. Don't forget the part where you have to submit letters of recommendation, a resume, transcripts, and essays. Some programs may also require an interview or a portfolio.

There's also the tuition fees, the living expenses, scholarships and financial aid.
There are some scholarships and financial aid available for international students who want to study nursing in the USA, but they are very competitive and limited. You need to research and apply for them well in advance, and meet the eligibility and application criteria. Some of the sources of scholarships and financial aid are the US government, the universities, the nursing associations, and the private organizations.

Tell you what, studying in the USA is a big investment of time, money, and effort. You need to weigh the pros and cons carefully, and compare them with the opportunities and challenges of studying in the UK or elsewhere.
You should discuss this with your wife and consider her views and feelings. After all, this is a decision that affects your whole family, not just you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. by Artiiclebeast: 6:23am On Jan 02
lasisig5:
What’s their tax rate like, what’s the most easiest job to get there, like here in UK the most easiest job here js care job…
Which area Favor black most?

Care job is easy and mellow in the U.S. target the New England region of Rhode Island, New Hamshire, Massachusetts, Maine, and Connecticut.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. by Tunde835(m): 7:47am On Jan 02
USA
Re: UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. by Schoolshooter: 8:38am On Jan 02
UK is shit

You are better off in the US and if you're in tech , you'll be earning much more than anybody in any country

Relocate to Florida or Baltimore for peace of mind and thank me later

1 Like

Re: UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:16am On Jan 02
There should be no comparison between both countries.

Worlds apart.
Re: UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. by Acidosis(m): 10:46am On Jan 02
UyaiIncomparabl:
There should be no comparison between both countries.

Worlds apart.

Good to see you 😊
Re: UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:34am On Jan 02
Acidosis:

Good to see you 😊

Thanks, sir. ❤️

1 Like

Re: UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. by olabigeb: 3:31pm On Jan 02
Good evening, please am a first timer here and I need an advices on certain issue going on between I and my man.
We moved to the uk
last year via student visa
along the line we had a baby here meanwhile we already had a daughter from Nigeria. My newborn is barely 3 month and my husband want us all to move to the US next year after his study here via student visa(for Research program ) | understand the fact that he wants the best for
Us but am scared to break the 5 years ILR immigration rule and also scared in breaking the chance of my son getting his British passport.
Because I don't know how easy it is to get green card/ settlement in the US
Re: UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. by Sweetvie: 3:33pm On Jan 02
USA
Re: UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. by Botragelad: 8:07pm On Jan 02
olabigeb:
Good evening, please am a first timer here and I need an advices on certain issue going on between I and my man.
We moved to the uk
along the line we had a baby here meanwhile we already had a daughter from Nigeria. My newborn is barely 3 month and my husband want us all to move to the US next year after his study here via student visa(for Research program ) | understand the fact that he wants the best for
Us but am scared to break the 5 years ILR immigration rule and also scared in breaking the chance of my son getting his British passport.
Good day, love. I'm sorry to hear about your dilemma. It sounds like you and your man have a lot of decisions to make.

You're right to be concerned about the 5 years ILR rule and the British passport. If you leave the UK for more than 2 years, you might lose your ILR status and your son might not be eligible for the British citizenship. That's a big risk to take, especially if you're not sure about your future in the US.

The US is a great country, but it's not easy to get a green card or settlement there. The immigration system is very complex and unpredictable. Depending on your visa category, your country of origin, and your qualifications, it might take years or even decades to get a permanent residency. And that's not counting the fees, the paperwork, and the interviews you have to go through. Plus, you have to deal with other differences.

I'm not saying you shouldn't go to the US. Your man might have a good opportunity there, and you might enjoy living there. But you have to weigh the pros and cons carefully, and think about your long-term goals and plans. Maybe you can talk to your man and see if he can defer his research program for a year or two, so you can stay in the UK until you get your ILR and your son gets his passport. Or maybe you can look for other options, such as studying or working in the US yourself, or applying for a different visa category that might give you a faster path to the green card.

Whatever you decide, I wish you all the best. You're a strong and brave woman, and I'm sure you'll do what's best for your family. Cheers.
Re: UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. by lasisig5(m): 10:15pm On Jan 02
how long would it take for a student to get a green card after graduation..
Re: UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. by horlahsunbo225(m): 12:21am On Jan 03
lasisig5:
how long would it take for a student to get a green card after graduation..
It takes anywhere between 3 months to 100 years depending on the route you want to go
Re: UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. by horlahsunbo225(m): 12:23am On Jan 03
olabigeb:
We moved to the uk
Depending on the area of interest of your husband.
If both of you're making up £60k per year, I'd say you might want to chill in UK for a while because as a Dependant you can't work in USA and that will put a big strain on your finance especially with child care involve.

1 Like

Re: UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. by engrjoseph208: 6:40pm On Jan 04
Artiiclebeast:

Care job is easy and mellow in the U.S. target the New England region of Rhode Island, New Hamshire, Massachusetts, Maine, and Connecticut.
But these states are white majority states, do you mean it does not matter? How do you avoid whites that will report you?
Re: UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. by AfahaAbia(m): 8:18pm On Jan 04
lasisig5:

You sure say u dey UK? Coz this your question no !Ake sense
Re: UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. by lasisig5(m): 3:16am On Jan 05
What’s not making sense in it, do I have to take pictures of myself in UK or share any documents to explain myself better. Because I don’t understand what does not make sense in my question, if you have nothing to say why not ignore the question…
AfahaAbia:

You sure say u dey UK? Coz this your question no !Ake sense
Re: UK And USA, Which One Is Better.. by Coquinoqui: 3:47pm On Jan 05
AlphaNugget:
tax, tax, tax, tax....they will tax your life......that is why I prefer europe
it’s amazing how y’all always complain about taxes but forget to mention you get tax returns , and something’s you get times two of your annual tax deduction if you have kids , well I’m in the US have seen people cash out 15k, 25k for tax returns I don’t knw how it is in Europe

(1) (Reply)

Festac Town / Nigerian Dies In Greece While Trying To Escape From Police / What Is The Cost Of Living In London As Nigeria From Lag.i.e Ajepako

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.