Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. (22174 Views)

UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants / France Bans Nigerian students, others From Bringing Family, Delays Benefits / UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by JoeEeL(m): 5:37pm On Jan 02
Mayplays:
The same person kept replying that if that one no work them go enter another one, the fact that I share a passport with people that brag about leaving their country for others hurts me so deep, sometimes I tear up and wish I was from another African nation

You don’t see other Africans embarrassing themselves like this, we are everywhere like cockroaches, like our nation is war torn

If I were the citizen of such countries reading those comments, my blood would boil and I would treat every Nigerian I come across as a nonentity unapologetically

Imagine some extremely poor country joking on their sites that they will soon enter Nigeria and act like they own the place, it is so extremely annoying

Very annoying to be honest. To be honest, there are citizens of other countries who also find the slightest chance to leave their home country.
But d manner in which it is done is more discreet and mature. But menh, u need to see nigerians online like flies.

They lie in wait for any first- or second-year nigerian immigrant in mostly UK, Canada and U.S.A that shoots a video highlighting how it's not all rosy outside and a formidable home country is necessary. Usually they start with a disclaimer that they're not discouraging anyone from coming and sometimes highlight that after recouping all their investment in traveling out, they'll return. Some would say they have regrets already

But trust nigerians in d comment section:

1. "Come back, make another person go"
2. "Even if it snows 365 days, I go come"
3. "I no mind even if I wash oyinbo yansh for money"
4. "I rather clean toilets in UK than be a CEO in this country"

And other embarrassing stuff. If you tell these same nigerians talking so irritably that we should carry out a revolution to fight for a change, they are still the same people that will start to support their corrupt politicians.

As one of my fond presenters used to say "Nigerians love their oppressors differently". Tbh, they just dont know where is paining them.

3 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by Spiff20(m): 5:38pm On Jan 02
They did this because of Nigerians. If you're not careful, Tinubu had gone to liase with them so that Nigeria won't be empty.
Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by aspabay(m): 5:39pm On Jan 02
Ensure that migration to the UK was highly skilled and provided the most benefit.

Selfish people
Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by aspabay(m): 5:41pm On Jan 02
Spiff20:
They did this because of Nigerians. If you're not careful, Tinubu had gone to liase with them so that Nigeria won't be empty.

Tinubu must be very powerful then.

Mumu post.

You think Nigerians are the most immigrants in the UK. Buy no, they are only lousy.

Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by Mayplays(f): 5:42pm On Jan 02
JoeEeL:

Very annoying to be honest. To be honest, there are citizens of other countries who also find the slightest chance to leave their home country.
But d manner in which it is done is more discreet and mature. But menh, u need to see nigerians online like flies.

They lie in wait for any first- or second-year nigerian immigrant in mostly UK, Canada and U.S.A that shoots a video highlighting how it's not all rosy outside and a formidable home country is necessary. Usually they start with a disclaimer that they're not discouraging anyone from coming and sometimes highlight that after recouping all their investment in traveling out, they'll return. Some would say they have regrets already

But trust nigerians in d comment section:

1. "Come back, make another person go"
2. "Even if it snows 365 days, I go come"
3. "I no mind even if I wash oyinbo yansh for money"
4. "I rather clean toilets in UK than be a CEO in this country"

And other embarrassing stuff. If you tell these same nigerians talking so irritably that we should carry out a revolution to fight for a change, they are still the same people that will start to support their corrupt politicians.

As one of my fond presenters used to say "Nigerians love their oppressors differently". Tbh, they just dont know where is paining them.
Exactly! Imagine the citizens of such countries reading those comments and they do!

You now want to go there and look them in the face even claim right ontop? Why are we so loud mouthed and extremely foolish in this country? No orientation, manners or etiquette in any form. We just act like animals. Well they say the emptiest barrels make the loudest noise so it makes sense

To be honest I am bitter that I was born Nigerian because I am not the type to deny who I am no matter what it looks like

2 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by member13(m): 5:45pm On Jan 02
FitCorper:
Everyone reading this say and declare after me with conviction in your heart. “My help comes from above not abroad”.

The above was also introduced to your ancestors by those from abroad. At any rate, you will always depend on abroad.

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by JoeEeL(m): 5:49pm On Jan 02
Mayplays:
Exactly! Imagine the citizens of such countries reading those comments and they do!

You now want to go there and look them in the face even claim right ontop? Why are we so loud mouthed and extremely foolish in this country? No orientation, manners or etiquette in any form. We just act like animals. Well they say the emptiest barrels make the loudest noise so it makes sense

To be honest I am bitter that I was born Nigerian because I am not the type to deny who I am no matter what it looks like

See this babe o

So na that one dey pain u? U never see anything

Go twitter na. Go and see what fulanis are doing to the people of Plateau and Southern Kaduna, and by extension to the Igbos.

Then go and behold what Igbos and Yorubas are doing to themselves.

It doesn't end there o. Even Edo sef dey clash with Yoruba esp. after d election, con pause, con dey clash with Igbos

After this guy's saga, Dokubo, na Igbo and Ijaw been dey clash (but now reduced).

Mehn, its shameful.

But as for me o, I only get problem with one set of people: and that's fulani terrorists. Or anyone that kills in the name of their god. I won't stop battering or bantering them sha. Make me confess. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by lilachiever(m): 6:04pm On Jan 02
And I been no wan go US o. I no get choice now.
Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by armyofone(m): 6:13pm On Jan 02
SultanOfAbia:
Person spend 19 million naira to go UK
.Just to end up sleeping on the street grin grin

Mehnnn some people dey flex shaaa
Imagine spending 19 million just to sleep on the street of UK.

Too much money grin grin grin grin

If you go as a student, you must stay in school and study very very hard. Doing very well academically will open doors.
Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by Tunagee(m): 6:17pm On Jan 02
SultanOfAbia:

grin grin grin
Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by Egoveen: 6:23pm On Jan 02
Decarbonisation:

Sengbo weyrey?
🙌🙌🙌
Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by soccerlite: 6:48pm On Jan 02
From start I never admired dis UK Roman gift

For me

It's good for few with special pioneer assistance, I mean people who have family antecedents with UK

I don't know why majority subscribe to it
Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by Newton2024: 6:50pm On Jan 02
bonnyhope:

Have you actually seen people sleeping on the str? or you just wan talk
At times it's better to ignore people like that idiot you quoted. They are Tinubu's surpporters and they are anti-japa. They need people who will suffer under APC corrupt government.
Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by DaRuud(m): 6:53pm On Jan 02
We move to Russia or Australia soon

Natbrowny:

Canada ain't folding hands too.

Have u seen their own latest conditions.??
Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by Mayplays(f): 7:13pm On Jan 02
JoeEeL:

See this babe o

So na that one dey pain u? U never see anything

Go twitter na. Go and see what fulanis are doing to the people of Plateau and Southern Kaduna, and by extension to the Igbos.

Then go and behold what Igbos and Yorubas are doing to themselves.

It doesn't end there o. Even Edo sef dey clash with Yoruba esp. after d election, con pause, con dey clash with Igbos

After this guy's saga, Dokubo, na Igbo and Ijaw been dey clash (but now reduced).

Mehn, its shameful.

But as for me o, I only get problem with one set of people: and that's fulani terrorists. Or anyone that kills in the name of their god. I won't stop battering or bantering them sha. Make me confess. cheesy
A country that was founded with too many different tribes or ethnicities will always have issues like this… The country has too many different set of people for us to feel togetherness

America and India is an example

2 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by IridescentAge(m): 7:27pm On Jan 02

I hope you don't mind me posting in Nairaland as a Brit.

But as some who has read these kinds of comments I think they're mostly funny. A sign of a people who don't take themselves too seriously (a positive).

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by baralatie(m): 7:29pm On Jan 02
SultanOfAbia:

Shey you too dey see am fah
Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by Pascal9: 7:34pm On Jan 02
Natbrowny:

Canada ain't folding hands too.

Have u seen their own latest conditions.??
always running to places that other people build and organise, can't you make your house better
Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by Lifeinlight: 8:14pm On Jan 02
1950Mack:

Werey you're a Nigerian... you will say you're hungry... or maybe you're togolese... oya go back to Togo let the hunger amplify.... oponu grin
Ebi Npa awon Ronu grin

Dollar go still reach 2k

Buhari promax ; Don't
Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by Lifeinlight: 8:14pm On Jan 02
Pascal9:
always running to places that other people build and organise, can't you make your house better
Where be the house?
Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by aestake: 8:51pm On Jan 02
ednut1:
usa doesn’t allow dependants follow study visa 🙄
But there are F2, F3 ...
Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by EconFinance: 9:20pm On Jan 02
JoeEeL:

We are seriously an embarrassing people to be honest.

A mad man from Usa wil be respected overseas because one's prestige from home rubs on him.

If where we come from is in tatters, no matter how we succeed on independent levels outside d country, that respect, honour and prestige, we will never earn it.
Interesting point of view

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by ednut1(m): 9:32pm On Jan 02
aestake:

But there are F2, F3 ...
the spouse can’t work. Na liability things be that
Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by aestake: 9:41pm On Jan 02
ednut1:
Toh..at most konji no go dey.
Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by anslemarinze52(m): 10:13pm On Jan 02
jpmoriarti:
Your help can never come from above. There's a reason you're created with hands and legs and brain. Stop looking for what doesn't exist. Look inwards

Lol.. leave ham he's the reason pastors still have mouth to talk..
Lol
Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by JoeEeL(m): 11:16pm On Jan 02
EconFinance:

Interesting point of view

Thnks so much
Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by JoeEeL(m): 11:16pm On Jan 02
Mayplays:
A country that was founded with too many different tribes or ethnicities will always have issues like this… The country has too many different set of people for us to feel togetherness

America and India is an example
Thx sis. Loved ur replies all thru

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by lastkingsman: 11:45pm On Jan 02
ednut1:

I don't know why US is "stingy' with visa, lol grin
Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by ttmacoy: 12:34am On Jan 03
That’s a different policy change. This is focused on curbing the growing number of international students who bring dependents with them and is now in effect.

The one you’re referring to aims at curbing the number of dependents coming with people on work visas eg care workers nurses etc and also requires higher salary thresholds, it will come into effect in the spring.

freemonts87:
Yeah. this was on the news some months back.
Turns out you need to make a certain amount of money now before you can apply to bring your dependents over. undecided
Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by aestake: 1:37am On Jan 03
lastkingsman:

I don't know why US is "stingy' with visa, lol grin
Need to protect Americans.Not Nigerians whose jobs have been taken by Benin people.
Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 2:22am On Jan 03
ednut1:
Canada is also planning to reduce number of student visas to be granted, proof of funds required has increased from 10k Canadian Dollars to 20k . By 2027 UK will definitely open the door again 😆
Lol you Sabi dem! grin
Re: Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. by etrange: 3:05am On Jan 03
Why do you guys like making everything about yourselves though? The country is stopping foreign students from bringing in dependents, and you're creating headlines that make it look as if you're the target. The UK receives more immigrants from India than from Nigeria, but once they make a policy change, y'all assume it's all about you. Nawa

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yuletide: Return Tickets On South-east Routes Hit N533,600 / Living In Belgium As A Nigerian Student / What Do You Love About Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.