Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,375 members, 7,815,797 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 (19246 Views)

Tunji-Ojo Test Runs E-Gates At Abuja Airport (Photos) / Automation Of Passport Application 99% Done, To Go Live Next Week – Tunji-Ojo / Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo In NYSC Certificate Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by XAUBulls: 9:27am On Jan 03
forgiveness:
Hon. Minister, is it possible to pass the border without human contact? Because those shameless immigration forcefully collect money to stamp your passport to go out and even enter your own country.

In fact, all the agencies at the border collect money from Nigerians and even Africans.

Is it also possible to rearrange the clearance of containers at the ports and borders? Because the agent use this opportunity to exploit importers which results to inflation.

They will never allow you to know the real fee of the shipping company, terminal and custom clearance because importers are not allowed to generate the invoice by themselves except through the agent.

I will advise that it be mandated that invoice must be sent to owners directly through email and owners should pay directly into the government account with the name the importer used to import into Nigeria.

That will reduce inflation because some agent with the collaboration of customs wants to make between 1.5m - 2m naira on importation of just one car alone besides others fees.

The owners of these cars wouldn't want to loose money hence add the agent 2m, other fees and his own profits on the vehicle making it extremely expensive. This is where inflation is also coming from.

Owners must be involved in direct payment of imported goods. Assigning this to agent tantamount to being exploited.

Hon minister of Interior, you can do it, sir.
Those are impressive suggestions for removing the inefficiencies that clog the entire system.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by cyberguy72(m): 9:44am On Jan 03
TheRareGem1:

Then Stay in what the caption says . The policy for immigration officers at the borders is under way. So calm down.
Are u one of their agents
Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by TheFacelessMan: 9:45am On Jan 03
fidelmarshal199:

Thanks for not flooding the comments session with your other moniker this time.

Your work as a PR is to ensure the masses see his developmental stride, not for you to gagged us by creating a thread and commenting on the same thread with your other 19 accounts to sing him praises.

LOL 😆

You spoke too early. The fake praise singing bots are all over the Page 1. grin
Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by TheFacelessMan: 9:50am On Jan 03
MeineMutter:

Public vaults and storage businesses, using electronic keys would really help. A lot of house addresses in Nigeria are not traceable in villages, towns, and cities.

Public boxes like the one being used by Amazon, DHL, etc would be a perfect alternative.

Once your passport is ready, the courier company picking on your behalf will just drop it in any of those secured boxes around your neighborhood. Yours is to go there with electronic codes sent to you to open the box and another confirmation code would be sent again when you are opening the box for you to finally open with your correct details typed into the electronic keyboard on each box and boom!

It makes life easier.

Good idea. 👍

Loved reading that. Do you know of any country that uses this exact system or it's a novel idea of yours ?
Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by deyplay: 9:57am On Jan 03
Depriest2020:
One of the reasons I love Tinubu is because people he employs always perform. I know his ministers will do well.
These are the kind of bigots that wants Nigeria to continue the way it is so far it is the person they like. The mystery is that this same person is suffering a lot but is blinded by bigotry and tribalism. If not, what has Tinubu got to do with this? What about other ministers, are they on leave? A minister is using his church mind to work, and this one is praising a nincompoop who doesn't even understand what's a government
Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by deyplay: 10:00am On Jan 03
Fiscus105:

Hope u also know that some ministers may be working than him and not choose to be going to media?

Dnt give excellent for a student when u haven't graded other students. The student who submits first may not score the highest mark o.
because other ministers are banned from talking to the press or their work is in the realm of the spirit and thus invisible?
Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by seunayantokun(m): 10:02am On Jan 03
MeineMutter:

Public vaults and storage businesses, using electronic keys would really help. A lot of house addresses in Nigeria are not traceable in villages, towns, and cities.

Public boxes like the one being used by Amazon, DHL, etc would be a perfect alternative.

Once your passport is ready, the courier company picking on your behalf will just drop it in any of those secured boxes around your neighborhood. Yours is to go there with electronic codes sent to you to open the box and another confirmation code would be sent again when you are opening the box for you to finally open with your correct details typed into the electronic keyboard on each box and boom!

It makes life easier.
Correct view, but everything sensible will be useful there. Secured boxes are used in Europe plus post to home addresses.
We know the planning of this country collapsed long before it began. However, this kind of development will encourage decision makers to revisit our town planning system. Once we get it right there, all addresses will become traceable. Thank you.
Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by Indispensable85(m): 10:09am On Jan 03
Those passport racketeers won't like this news at all.

1 Like

Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by MeineMutter: 10:13am On Jan 03
seunayantokun:

Correct view, but everything sensible will be useful there. Secured boxes are used in Europe plus post to home addresses.
We know the planning of this country collapsed long before it began. However, this kind of development will encourage decision makers to revisit our town planning system. Once we get it right there, all addresses will become traceable. Thank you.

Including all those mud houses and brown roofs in our inner towns which are not accessible?

New sites where people are building currently are not planned let alone old towns.

Our cultural system won’t allow for proper town planning system.
We have believed and used extended family structure for centuries. Family land inheritance is there. Compound ownership of parcels of land is there.

How do we demarcate lands, put them into plots, assign proper and rigid house numbering systems.

In cities like Lagos, landlord associations and youths who host carnivals change house address at will.
Expect that every December, there’s 90% that house addresses would be rearranged without consulting with postal services.

You would now be seeing 2 or more house numbers on one building.

Courier guy would be confused. Okada man wey carry you go dey confused.
Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by yewit37486: 10:15am On Jan 03
fidelmarshal199:

Your work as a PR is to ensure the masses see his developmental stride, not for you to gagged us by creating a thread and commenting on the same thread with your other 19 accounts to sing him praises.

I thought I was the only one who noticed. It was actually very obvious, they were like programmed bots and their accounts only commented on this man's news alone.

As I stated before, this minister appears to be on the ball, very driven, so he really does not need such.
Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by Fiscus105(m): 10:17am On Jan 03
deyplay:
because other ministers are banned from talking to the press or their work is in the realm of the spirit and thus invisible?

Everyone must play to the galleries, indeed, I understand your type.

You would be very easy to be dribbled by surbodinates ,who are pretenders and who do eye service if u happened to be boss.

If u say it's Tunjiojo alone that's working out of 48 ministers, it's an indictment on Tinubu govt himself.

Bye Mr myopic.
Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by kalemy(m): 10:19am On Jan 03
TheRareGem1:

Then Stay in what the caption says . The policy for immigration officers at the borders is under way. So calm down.
How did you know this? Are you the P A to the Minister?

1 Like

Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by forgiveness: 10:19am On Jan 03
MeineMutter:

This is a good suggestion. We need some high level of automation to get rid of our decade-long corrup_tion.

Our customs officials and all port stakeholders are ro.tten from head to toe , cor,ruption-wise.

That sector needs millions of liters of hypo to wash it clean.

I feel he could see your suggestion if you go and tag him and other relevant agencies directly on other social media handles.

I am certain a lot of Nigerians and importers and exporters will buttress your points and add their own take too.

With this, we could start resolving/break a lot of bottlenecks that our civil service has created.

I went to a very gigantic builders/construction shop here called Hornbach to pick what I ordered overnight. 7:30am the next day, the order was ready and a staff was already waiting for me.
I got there and a beep of scanner on the product sent me an automated email that I was now in the shop to pick my order and requested I confirm if I was truly the one in the shop.

Another beep on it at another desk sent me an invoice within seconds. Nobody asks for any tips or egunje here before they do their works.

The level of super-responsive automation in developed world is highly phenomenal and it cuts off a lot of middlemen, making prices of things to be cheaper.

Okay. I will check.

Wow! The bolded is what we need at the ports and other agencies. It will curb excessive exploitation by these civil servants.

2 Likes

Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by forgiveness: 10:23am On Jan 03
MeineMutter:

Including all those mud houses and brown roofs in our inner towns which are not accessible?

New sites where people are building currently are not planned let alone old towns.

We have believed and used extended family structure for centuries. Family land inheritance is there. Compound ownership of parcels of land is there.

How do we demarcate lands, put them into plots, assign proper and rigid house numbering systems.

In cities like Lagos, landlord associations and youths who host carnivals change house address at will.
Expect that every December, there’s 90% that house addresses would be rearranged without consulting with postal services.

House address can't be changed at will except through the approval of the local government. I don't know where you got your information from.
Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by seunayantokun(m): 10:44am On Jan 03
MeineMutter:

I have lived both in and out of Africa and can clearly tell you that there is nothing wrong with our cultures regarding development. Our current problem is not due to our cultures. When I was growing up as a young man back in my village in the south-west, the postal agency officer in my village used to bring my mails to our compound. We used to receive mails from overseas and any part of Nigeria. Not much has changed except that NIPOST which refused to die as a result of corruption at the federal government level did so when mobile telecom operations were ushered in. So, postal service delivery in villages and towns are the easiest to revive.

The major headache lies in cities and urban centres, but that can also be sorted out. My address in Lagos isn't difficult for PHCN and banks to trace, as bad as my area in Lagos is. After all, I used my Lagos address for my BVN processing in an area whose planning residents and omo onile destroyed due to their greediness. My friend, there is no unconquerable mountain regarding the gist of this discussion.
Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by MeineMutter: 11:46am On Jan 03
seunayantokun:

I have lived both in and out of Africa and can clearly tell you that there is nothing wrong with our cultures regarding development. Our current problem is not due to our cultures. When I was growing up as a young man back in my village in the south-west, the postal agency officer in my village used to bring my mails to our compound. We used to receive mails from overseas and any part of Nigeria. Not much has changed except that NIPOST which refused to die as a result of corruption at the federal government level did so when mobile telecom operations were ushered in. So, postal service delivery in villages and towns are the easiest to revive.

The major headache lies in cities and urban centres, but that can also be sorted out. My address in Lagos isn't difficult for PHCN and banks to trace, as bad as my area in Lagos is. After all, I used my Lagos address for my BVN processing in an area whose planning residents and omo onile destroyed due to their greediness. My friend, there is no unconquerable mountain regarding the gist of this discussion.

I experienced the same thing growing up in SW. Things were decently functional then but not at optimal level.

You could be right sha but it’s going to be a serious work. That’s why is good they make Government post office as a Plc.
Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by MeineMutter: 11:47am On Jan 03
forgiveness:

House address can't be changed at will except through the approval of the local government. I don't know where you got your information from.

They change it at will only Lagos o. You will see OLD, NEW - both of them on the same wall, without post office knowing.
Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by MeineMutter: 11:53am On Jan 03
forgiveness:

Okay. I will check.

Wow! The bolded is what we need at the ports and other agencies. It will curb excessive exploitation by these civil servants.

There are a lot we can borrow from developed world and modify it to suit our peculiarities.

Come to think about it: we don’t need to host our servers locally. So no need of thinking of physical spaces to keep those big computers.
Oyinbo already have cloud servers, cloud computing etc that we can use to implement and keep our databases.

I imported something from Nigeria and I didn’t even see their customs here till I got the goods cleared. They were only sending me some codes to click on and are updating me at every stage of the clearing g process.
When it was time to pay, I paid, securely, online and the next thing is they brought my goods home.
Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by YourKarma: 12:00pm On Jan 03
insidelife22:
He seems to be true to his calling.
He's the only person working in tinubu's government
Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by forgiveness: 12:29pm On Jan 03
MeineMutter:

There are a lot we can borrow from developed world and modify it to suit our peculiarities.

Come to think about it: we don’t need to host our servers locally. So no need of thinking of physical spaces to keep those big computers.
Oyinbo already have cloud servers, cloud computing etc that we can use to implement and keep our databases.

I imported something from Nigeria and I didn’t even see their customs here till I got the goods cleared. They were only sending me some codes to click on and are updating me at every stage of the clearing g process.
When it was time to pay, I paid, securely, online and the next thing is they brought my goods home

This is what I am talking about. Can you please share this on the minister's social media page? It will go a long way ooo.

That will be the best thing to happen to Nigeria.
Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by HighTable(m): 2:02pm On Jan 03
Bullshit grin
They want to empty the country cheesy
Nobody wants to be left behind grin
Nigeria will be "empty" by 2030!
Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by MeineMutter: 2:06pm On Jan 03
forgiveness:

This is what I am talking about. Can you please share this on the minister's social media page? It will go a long way ooo.

That will be the best thing to happen to Nigeria.

It’s a pity I don’t use any those social media handles.

I only read the little news I am able to read and go to bed.
Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by DesChyko: 2:25pm On Jan 03
fidelmarshal199:

Dey play. I bet my balls you MUST see 3 or more of his other monikers: Solape1, kemzy107, Funmilayo8, Laryy360 or Yheri.

Just checked. Only Funmilayo did not turn up for PR today.

1 Like

Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by seunayantokun(m): 3:34pm On Jan 03
MeineMutter:

I experienced the same thing growing up in SW. Things were decently functional then but not at optimal level.

You could be right sha but it’s going to be a serious work. That’s why is good they make Government post office as a Plc.
Yes, that is right . Serious work is needed. Private partnership (through franchise, for example) like practised abroad can also be part of it and there you have every small business getting involved and you see NIPOST and its EMS operating from private stores equipped with latest technologies. Other courier companies will also get involved. I just wish this set of leaders would allow God to use them rather than hobnobbing with the devil around.
Honestly, it doesn't take eternity for good leaders to create a positive difference.
You are blessed!
Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by piagetskinner(m): 7:39pm On Jan 03
After I don pay 200k give this mumu man
Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by HOSTCOM(m): 11:30pm On Jan 03
TheRareGem1:

Where were you when he decongested prisoners, where were you when officers were promoted, where were you when he commissioned E gate in the international airport? Jupiter?
abeg help me ask him o.
Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by BALLOSKI: 6:10am On Jan 04
One performing minister.

Bribery in the mud...
Re: Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 by aribisala0(m): 6:40am On Jan 04
One reason why IGR is very high in Lagos is down to blocking leakages
e.g they introduced a system where you go to the bank to pay for your vehicle licence and so you have no dealings with any government official or touts. J
There are lots of leakages across MDAs in the Federal Government / It should learn from Lagos State

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Appeal Court Dismisses Nnamdi Kanu's Appeal / Fashola Inspects Failed Portion Of Apap-ijora Bridge In Lagos / Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.