Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,708 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed (11281 Views)

Naira In Transition, Not Jinxed – Bismarck Rewane / 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane / Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by nairalanda1(m): 9:08am On Jan 02
billgabb:
Tinubu said it's gone.

Landing cost in Oct 2023 was N720, cost of fuel was between N580-700.

You want to keep believing it was gone ?
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by Precious452(f): 9:19am On Jan 02
CodeTemplar:
That's commonsense fact. They allow the new subsidy rate to bridge the gap between actual cost and selling price. Not a bad move if you ask me.
The lack of preparation for alternatives is what I blame govt for.

You talk like you reasons with your anus hole. What do you mean by bridging the gap between actual cost and selling price?
Didn't you hear when the president said that the subsidy has been completely removed?
So where are they getting the money to sustain the partials subsidy?
Another question is, what are they doing all the money saved so far from the subsidy removed since May last year?
Where are the subsidy palliatives?
How come they only paid the 35k additional wage only once out of the 4 months promised?
Why are all the policies of this new government a 419?
Student loan was announced that it has been signed into law and ready to be implemented, why is no one hearing about it anymore?
The Dubai visa ban has been raised, wayo!
The refineries will work before the end of 2023, wayo!
The ghost foreign investors, wayo!
The December 50% reduction in transportation for selected transport companies, wayo!
The new minimum wage, wayo!
The Nigerian army bombing her own citizens, "we will do something about it", wayo!
"The perpetrators of the terrorist attacks in Plateau state will be brought to book", wayo!

They don't delay in sending prayers to their mail boxes, they don't delay in buying new SUVs to add to their existing ones. They don't delay in running a 30 car convoy
This is a wicked and 419 government and it's unfortunate many don't seem to see it.

8 Likes

Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by israelmao(m): 9:20am On Jan 02
This confirms the article I read in one of the nationals dailies that if fuel subsidy were to be completely removed litre of petrol will go for as high N1000 which may set this country on fire.
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by Opans: 9:25am On Jan 02
I don talk this thing tire...
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by OsusuBishop(m): 9:36am On Jan 02
They are crazy.
They can not tell us that..
First, they said there's no subsidy.
Next they said subsidy will kill us if we don't removed it.
Later we heard, "Subsidy is gone".
Now, they are saying it wasn't removed, but reduced.

Dem they crazy.

Kukutenla:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/12/31/subsidy-reduced-not-removed-rewane/
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by Menclothing: 9:40am On Jan 02
Free fall price
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by Kukutenla: 9:41am On Jan 02
nairalanda1:
Never thought I would be happy to be proven right.

Subsidy still exists. So long as the government has a hand in price setting, there is a subsidy.

The show continues. And at the end of the day, nothing changes, until Nigerians are ready to face the fact that total removal of subsidy means better refineries, domestic refineries, etc.

But tinubu, like yer average politican, wants to win elections.

Never ever trust a Nigerian politican.
Oops 😬 🀭
Seems I woke da beast in the new year
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by mejetov422: 9:42am On Jan 02
Chairman you harsh o

Once you tell those zombie the truth they will attack you...

I dun leave them make them enjoy their country.

Kukutenla:
cheesy grin cheesy

I remember Zombies and their subsidy is gone propaganda in the early days of this govt.
One even said Tinubu has done what the combination of OBJ, Yaradua, Jonathan and Buhari could not do.
Another said he'll only support Tinubu if he can see the removal of subsidy to a logical end. The zombie is still supporting Tinubu till today cheesy grin
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by CodeTemplar: 9:43am On Jan 02
Precious452:

You talk like you reasons with your anus hole. What do you mean by bridging the gap between actual cost and selling price?
Didn't you hear when the president said that the subsidy has been completely removed?
So where are they getting the money to sustain the partials subsidy?
Another question is, what are they doing all the money saved so far from the subsidy removed since May last year?
Where are the subsidy palliatives?
How come they only paid the 35k additional wage only once out of the 4 months promised?
Why are all the policies of this new government a 419?
Student loan was announced that it has been signed into law and ready to be implemented, why is no one hearing about it anymore?
The Dubai visa ban has been raised, wayo!
The refineries will work before the end of 2023, wayo!
The ghost foreign investors, wayo!
The December 50% reduction in transportation for selected transport companies, wayo!
The new minimum wage, wayo!
The Nigerian army bombing her own citizens, "we will do something about it", wayo!
"The perpetrators of the terrorist attacks in Plateau state will be brought to book", wayo!

They don't delay in sending prayers to their mail boxes, they don't delay in buying new SUVs to add to their existing ones. They don't delay in running a 30 car convoy
This is a wicked and 419 government and it's unfortunate many don't seem to see it.
Completely removed but silently reintroduced doesn't mean it was never completely removed. Comprehension.
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by Kukutenla: 9:43am On Jan 02
The funny thing is no one seems to get the main gist which is that for you and I, it's simply tables turned. Instead of govt subsidising the citizens, it's the citizens that are now subsidising govt

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by SemperFid: 9:49am On Jan 02
CodeTemplar:
Completely removed but silently reintroduced doesn't mean it was never completely removed. Comprehension.

You are a big idiot.

6 Likes

Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by nnamdi640: 9:49am On Jan 02
Nonny95:
This new year, I won't be commenting much on the scam of APC. Ebin Pa Wa Oooo people are already feeling it hot hot.
The ebin hasn't started yet, soon their brains will start working.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by Forumites: 9:50am On Jan 02
What a ping pong country.
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by Precious452(f): 10:01am On Jan 02
CodeTemplar:

Since it has been silently reintroduced, who is paying for it?
Where is the money drawn from?
How much is being paid?
Why is such financial activity of the government in secrecy?
If they won't let us know about the "silently reintroduced subsidy", it is definitely an avenue for them to loot unchecked?

2 Likes

Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by Free2Fly: 10:06am On Jan 02
Kukutenla:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/12/31/subsidy-reduced-not-removed-rewane/

Once upon a time, one moronic octogenarian from a nation called sadwest woke up from deep sleep, got his soaked pampers changed by his wife named Remigus, and he then announced "subsidy is gone"!

This reckless pronouncement from the imbecilic old man, also known in some quarters as a urinating machine, plunged his people into untold sufferings, with massive loss of lives and businesses.

But did he show any remorse about his devilish actions?
Your guess is as good as mine.

1 Like

Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by CodeTemplar: 10:07am On Jan 02
SemperFid:

You are a big idiot.
Lol. Idiocometre. The king of idiots has spoken so I won't dispute him.
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by Free2Fly: 10:07am On Jan 02
SemperFid:

You are a big idiot.

That guy is worse than that
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by CodeTemplar: 10:09am On Jan 02
Precious452:

How much is being paid?
If they won't let us know about the "silently reintroduced subsidy", it is definitely an avenue for them to loot unchecked?
good points.
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by nairalanda1(m): 10:11am On Jan 02
Kukutenla:

Oops 😬 🀭
Seems I woke da beast in the new year

Seems you still want subsidy this year.

No matter how many times you call me a liar, and a tinubu supporter, and a deciever, and ascribe powers to me that I thought I never had, the way to a working refinery is to free the market to set its prices without government paying subsidy of any kind...which means profits are generated to keep things running.

You are free to lose electrons over it, of course.
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by CodeTemplar: 10:11am On Jan 02
Free2Fly:

That guy is worse than that
lol. I no lie now. Take am easi.
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by CodeTemplar: 10:13am On Jan 02
nairalanda1:

Seems you still want subsidy this year.

No matter how many times you call me a liar, and a tinubu supporter, and a deciever, and ascribe powers to me that I thought I never had, the way to a working refinery is to free the market to set its prices without government paying subsidy of any kind...which means profits are generated to keep things running.

You are free to lose electrons over it, of course.
The refineries govt has been buying from, how do they make profit and survive? Lol
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by nairalanda1(m): 10:14am On Jan 02
Precious452:

How much is being paid?

You get the problem.

It's eventually going to be funded by more loans. Directly or indirectly.
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by nairalanda1(m): 10:16am On Jan 02
CodeTemplar:
The refineries govt has been buying from, how do they make profit and survive? Lol

The refineries in Yurrup, refine bad quality fuel, which government spends more than it can afford on, and then subsidises for the local market.

Whereas, in return for higher prices on fuel, Nigeria could have refined better quality fuel at home, while the profits make domestic refining possible and attainable.

But most of you guys, Tinubu supporters and non tinubu supporters, want cheap fuel. The sad thing is that such a thing does not exist.

Better to be realistic, not so.?
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by Gboom: 10:17am On Jan 02
nairalanda1:

Landing cost in Oct 2023 was N720, cost of fuel was between N580-700.

You want to keep believing it was gone ?
Nigerian government always deceive themselves; the landing cost can be reduced drastically if the crude for local consumption and export are refined here and not imported. The crude price should not be a dollar rate or global price if the government really want the poor to breathe.
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by CodeTemplar: 10:19am On Jan 02
nairalanda1:

The refineries in Yurrup, refine bad quality fuel, which government spends more than it can afford on, and then subsidises for the local market.

Whereas, in return for higher prices on fuel, Nigeria could have refined better quality fuel at home, while the profits make domestic refining possible and attainable.

But most of you guys, Tinubu supporters and non tinubu supporters, want cheap fuel. The sad thing is that such a thing does not exist.

Better to be realistic, not so.?
evading my question.
You are officially declared spirit of subsidy.
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by writeprof(m): 10:24am On Jan 02
β€œThe consumers, on the other hand, had a minimum wage, which in dollar terms was 40 dollars in 2002. In 2019, it was about 70 dollars but it has now been reduced to 24 dollars.”

Bismarck Rewane just confirmed what I have always said that the masses of NIGERIANS have been the ones being "robbed" to "pay" for politicians' lifestyles especially since the advent of APC.

1 Like

Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by snowball11(m): 10:24am On Jan 02
SemperFid:

You are a big idiot.

He's one of the proud idiot on NL!

Idiotic bunch with no minds of their own! grin
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by nairalanda1(m): 10:26am On Jan 02
CodeTemplar:
evading my question.
You are officially declared spirit of subsidy.

Because you do not want to hear the answer.

It is sad, but the truth has been told.

Good morning.
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by nairalanda1(m): 10:29am On Jan 02
Gboom:

Nigerian government always deceive themselves; the landing cost can be reduced drastically if the crude for local consumption and export are refined here and not imported. The crude price should not be a dollar rate or global price if the government really want the poor to breathe.

Domestic refining can only be done here if the refineries here can set their prices...which means expensive petrol, but enough profit for them to run well, particularly as their running costs are high due to high cost of maintaining foreign built equipment (we don't have a domestic industry for manufacturing components fo refineries yet), high cost of paying workers, and high cost of buying crude, as well as covering for waste resulting from the buy-product.

The prices would only come down if the number of refineries rises to a point where domestic production is high enough to make it so. And it won't come down immediately. It's a business, not a charity. Unless you want to pay increased tax to fund a massive subsidy
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by simpleseyi: 10:33am On Jan 02
Another idiot. One of Buhari's numerous dumb Economic Advisers. Ogun kill your Mama there
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by simpleseyi: 10:34am On Jan 02
Kukutenla:
cheesy grin cheesy

I remember Zombies and their subsidy is gone propaganda in the early days of this govt.
One even said Tinubu has done what the combination of OBJ, Yaradua, Jonathan and Buhari could not do.
Another said he'll only support Tinubu if he can see the removal of subsidy to a logical end. The zombie is still supporting Tinubu till today cheesy grin

Save your energy it's a marathon, not a sprint. This your wailing is going to be for 8 years. Una go cry tire

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Social Media Escalating War Between Herdsmen & Farmers In Nigeria - Dambazau / Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgement Barring Ize-Iyamu, Audu From Contesting / Persons Missing, Houses Burnt In Renewed Akwa Ibom/Cross River Communal Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.