Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,699 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed (11280 Views)

Naira In Transition, Not Jinxed – Bismarck Rewane / 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane / Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by EleventhWeirdo: 10:53am On Jan 02
The headline is quite misleading and sharply disconnected from the article. What's there is that citizens now pay the subsidies and that, while this has increased govt income, it has led to considerable decline in citizens'disposable incomes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by Timmi: 10:53am On Jan 02
Kukutenla:
cheesy grin cheesy

I remember Zombies and their subsidy is gone propaganda in the early days of this govt.
One even said Tinubu has done what the combination of OBJ, Yaradua, Jonathan and Buhari could not do.
Another said he'll only support Tinubu if he can see the removal of subsid py to a logical end. The zombie is still supporting Tinubu till today cheesy grin

What you failed to comprehend from Bismarck interview was the effect of exchange rate on the fuel subsidy removal.
The fuel subsidy was removed but the government have to cushioned the effect of exchange rate internally instead of passing it to the consumers.
It will help you Kukutenia, the head of the Obizombies to apply common sense before you started wailing. Please go back and read it again but this time, let your brain be active and mind open.
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by Whatisurproblem(m): 11:06am On Jan 02
Bobloco:
Nigeria have never had such a deceitful government as this in it's history.
like the one who repainted Ethopia Airline Lunching it as New Nigerian Airways. Which kind wahala we come face for this Nigeria sef, everyone just dey scam us anyhow.
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by goldmatrix(m): 11:14am On Jan 02
This is the Zombie pointed out in the whole episode.. Did you even read the update?
adioolayi:
Oga Rewane...

We don hear..

Allow government intervene where necessary..

Increasing pump price more than what it is now is suicidal...we can't take it.

Make we just dey run am dey go now till further decrease comes on board..abeg..

Stylishly advocating for further increase in pump price will be catastrophic
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by bentenny(m): 11:45am On Jan 02
Agbadorians will link Rewane to a relative from SE as reasons for his admission!
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by Waffarianman(m): 11:48am On Jan 02
PUSSYHOE:
Wow this administration na scam. A policy that gives more money to be looted.

grin grin grin shocked
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by Kukutenla: 11:59am On Jan 02
nairalanda1:

Seems you still want subsidy this year.

No matter how many times you call me a liar, and a tinubu supporter, and a deciever, and ascribe powers to me that I thought I never had, the way to a working refinery is to free the market to set its prices without government paying subsidy of any kind...which means profits are generated to keep things running.

You are free to lose electrons over it, of course.
But Port Harcourt refinery has been brought up while Dangote refinery is getting ready. How did those escape subsidy
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by Bluntemperor: 11:59am On Jan 02
Bismarck Rewane should be appointed - to enabled him practice what he preaches! I don't believe him, even though it's all about economic parameters!
To me,he is representative of the elites but always stand aloof to predict any failed eventuality! Was he not part of the advisers to former Govts in Power?
So, what has change ?
Or it it when the IMF and World Bank dictates to the African Govt that things will be ok? We must have a good economic base before we can fly!
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by Kukutenla: 12:01pm On Jan 02
simpleseyi:

Save your energy it's a marathon, not a sprint. This your wailing is going to be for 8 years. Una go cry tire
Use your brain if any
Ebi npa wa is also wailing
Wailing don hit the streets and I'm sure you're not exempted
If you like to wail for 8 years that's your business
But don't deceive yourself by thinking you're faring better than anyone else simpletonseyi
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by Kukutenla: 12:01pm On Jan 02
Timmi:

What you failed to comprehend from Bismarck interview was the effect of exchange rate on the fuel subsidy removal.
The fuel subsidy was removed but the government have to cushioned the effect of exchange rate internally instead of passing it to the consumers.
It will help you Kukutenia, the head of the Obizombies to apply common sense before you started wailing. Please go back and read it again but this time, let your brain be active and mind open.
What a dunce!!
Did you read the Op or it was too difficult for you
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by nedu666: 12:08pm On Jan 02
Timmi:

Who wrote this rubbish. Which school did you attend
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by nedu666: 12:10pm On Jan 02
Minimum wage 2019........$70
Minimum wage 2022.........$40
Minimum wage 2023..........$24

Seriously niggas are earning $24 a month.

1 Like

Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by Indifferent12: 12:37pm On Jan 02
nairalanda1:
Never thought I would be happy to be proven right.

Subsidy still exists. So long as the government has a hand in price setting, there is a subsidy.

The show continues. And at the end of the day, nothing changes, until Nigerians are ready to face the fact that total removal of subsidy means better refineries, domestic refineries, etc.

But tinubu, like yer average politican, wants to win elections.

Never ever trust a Nigerian politican.
Subsidy removal doesn’t mean better refineries. There’s nothing stopping them from building new refineries while still paying subsidies. When the refineries are fully operational they can remove fuel subsidies
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by Indifferent12: 12:38pm On Jan 02
Timmi:

Olodo, typed so much but made zero sense

1 Like

Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by Bluntemperor: 2:42pm On Jan 02
Indifferent12:

Subsidy removal doesn’t mean better refineries. There’s nothing stopping them from building new refineries while still paying subsidies. When the refineries are fully operational they can remove fuel subsidies

Ogbeni,talk is Cheap!
While can't de fixed the 4- Refineries ( starting from Port-Harcourt,Warri etc) that is non- functional, instead of building new ones- when the Monies is not forthcoming now?
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by IbeOkehie: 4:34pm On Jan 02
I already knew this grin I wrote last month when the World Bank made the same claim -

IbeOkehie:
Current Price of Petrol on the world market as of today, Dec 14 2023 = $2.20 per gallon or $0.55 per liter. Anyone can look this up on any financial website, IT'S NOT A SECRET.

$1 = 1220₦ so $0.55 = 660₦

This means the current price of petrol in Nigeria should be ₦660 per liter.

We can give some allowance, plus or minus, for local sourcing, price lag, transport to different locations and other costs.

A good guess is that the true cost of fuel in Nigeria without subsidy is at least ₦600 to ₦720 per liter.

So is the general price of petrol in Nigeria around than ₦600?

If the price is less than ₦600 , we can say for sure that the Federal Government is still paying a subsidy for petrol in Nigeria. That's the fact, the absolute truth...and it doesn't matter if you support subsidies or not.

Remember, the leaders of this same party currently in control of government also told us in from 2011 to 2015 that "there is nothing like fuel subsidy, fuel subsidy doesn't exist." They've started again. With their record, I'm inclined to believe the World Bank, not the Federal Government.

If you're a Nigerian reading this, please use your brain, I'm sure you have one.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by IfnobeGod20: 7:23pm On Jan 02
Who should we now believe. While Tinubu is using subsidy removal as achievement, his supporters say otherwise, that he didn't remove subsidy. Who should we now believe?
Tinubu's supporters the ball is now in your court. Shed more light.
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by frog12: 8:13pm On Jan 02
the MAN don come back with buzzwords but still empty grin grin grin

he is not telling us how subsidy has been reduced
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by frog12: 8:20pm On Jan 02
you know hear say PH refinery is still in testing testing can take a year grin grin

Kukutenla:

But Port Harcourt refinery has been brought up while Dangote refinery is getting ready. How did those escape subsidy
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by frog12: 8:21pm On Jan 02
but buhari appoint am last time

Bluntemperor:
Bismarck Rewane should be appointed - to enabled him practice what he preaches! I don't believe him, even though it's all about economic parameters!
To me,he is representative of the elites but always stand aloof to predict any failed eventuality! Was he not part of the advisers to former Govts in Power?
So, what has change ?
Or it it when the IMF and World Bank dictates to the African Govt that things will be ok? We must have a good economic base before we can fly!
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by worksmart(m): 1:44am On Jan 03
There are warning us to prepare for more subsidy removal.

Subsidy is a hoax / scam, it is just a term used to disguise tax on fuel .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by nairalanda1(m): 6:45am On Jan 03
Indifferent12:

Unfortunately, subsidy retention led to the loss of 4 refineries.

The only way you can have subsidy and keep refineries is if we earned up to 20 times the reveue we earn from oil. At our current revenue, we can't.(Also, a higher tax to gdp ratio, and a very diversifed economy may help pay some of the subsidy birden).

There is a reason why Saudi has subsides (40 million people, 10 million barrles of crude per day) and Niger republic doesn't (20000 barrels per day refinery).
Re: Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed by Exceed15: 9:17am On Jan 03
Sell it to Ebi npa WA o braindead supporters.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. / Niger Bridge: It’ll Be Wrong To Say Buhari Neglected South-East - Uzodimma / I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.