Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. (1612 Views)

Why Do Ibos Hate El-rufai / Meeting Between Yoruba And Ibo Leaders In 1989 / Why Do Ibos And Hausas Use Double Names? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by Yibo(m): 11:49am On Jan 02
SharingIsLife:
The problem is that those you call the South Eastern leaders are not people who were actually chosen by the people. So it is impossible for these people to represent the interest of the masses correctly.

For example, look at Imo State. Can Hope Uzodimma who was rejected by the people at the polls but forced himself on them using the Federal Government, represent the interest of the people who rejected him? In fact, there was a reason why he was rejected in the first place and it must border on the fact that he is not selfless enough to represent the interest of the people above his self interest.

So you guys should try to understand the situation. It is different from Southwest where you sometimes have regular political leaders who truly represent your interest (like Late Akeredolu). Meanwhile thank you for your genuine concern for the welfare of Southeast.
including Labour Party rep?

1 Like

Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by flokii: 11:50am On Jan 02
The North no send Igbos, Yorubas no send Igbos.. na Igbos send themselves to other parts of Nigeria.

Nobody is holding anyone captive.. you're the ones electing your leaders in South East, not as if anyone is imposing them on you.. so why can't you hold them accountable?. It's Sanwo Olu and Tinubu that didn't govern any State in SE they enjoy attacking, what happened to Ikpeazu, Rochas, the omuti that ran away to America Obiano, Abaribe etc..

The Igbos just want to blackmail others in Nigeria with the biafra hogwash. their actions says otherwise that they can't leave Nigeria, if not they would have all left Lagos, Port Harcourt, Abuja and likes for Igboland.
Action speaks louder than words.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by Greenback: 11:50am On Jan 02
nedu666:

Shut up. Busy body. Everyone lgbo this, lgbo that. Don't you have any other thing to do with your life except gossiping about lgbos like a market woman
Imagine,he is ranting that the Igbos should keep of Lagos( a Nigerian state),tinubu (Nigeria president) and at the same time,he is talking about Igbo affairs!

Very ridiculous grin
Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by Greenback: 11:55am On Jan 02
flokii:
The North no send Igbo, Yorubas no send Igbos.. na Igbos send themselves in Nigeria.

Nobody is holding anyone captive.. you're the ones electing your leaders in South East, not as if anyone is imposing them on you.. so why can't you hold them accountable?. It's Sanwo Olu and Tinubu that didn't govern any State in SE they enjoy attacking, what happened to Ikpeazu, Rochas, the omuti that ran away to America Obiano, Abaribe etc..

The Igbos just want to blackmail others in Nigeria with the biafra hogwash. their actions says otherwise that they can't leave Nigeria, if not they would have all left Lagos, Port Harcourt, Abuja and likes for Igboland.
Action speaks louder than words.

But the question is simple,WHY BUSY YOURSELVES,WHY OPEN THREADS,TOPICS EVERYDAY ABOUT THE IGBOS?!!!?

won se gbogbo yin pelu awon Igbos,dem do Una with Igbos? Haba!!!!

North nor send Igbo,yoruba nor send Igbo,then leave them fkn alone!!!!!!!

Unah nor send Igbos but you know about Ikpeazu,Rochas,Obiano,Abariba!!!!!!!!!

So much for self appointed afôønjeas ministers of Igbo affairs grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by tsdarkside(m): 11:56am On Jan 02
who cares what they want....

3 Likes

Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by tsdarkside(m): 11:58am On Jan 02
haha....northerners wan use style drive them away....

i dont blame him....
they are realy annoyin....

4 Likes

Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by ImperialYoruba: 12:56pm On Jan 02
nedu666:

Shut up. Busy body. Everyone lgbo this, lgbo that. Don't you have any other thing to do with your life except gossiping about lgbos like a market woman

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Just pack your leaders to Abuja and tell Speaker you want referendum. Thats what should concern you at this time.

5 Likes

Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by hakeemhakeem(m): 12:58pm On Jan 02
SharingIsLife:

Get this from me today: If Nnamdi Kanu faces execution, Nigeria will die. I know you will call it chestbeating as usual. But it will happen before your eyes.

Right now, Nnamdi kanu is holding the Federal Government of Nigeria by the jugular. Have you never wondered why his organization IPOB is accepted all over the world and not proscribed anywhere in spite of his violent rhetoric?

If I start telling you things about this you just run away from here. The powers behind Kanu is beyond Nigeria and I hope Nigeria knows that because if they foolishly execute that guy, they will see hell.

Mind you, I'm not a Kanụ follower. I criticize him a lot. My elder brother would be very surprised to see me saying this because of the kind of arguments I have been having with him about Kanụ.

Guy I don't pray he dies in captive but if ... nothing will happen.this is Nigeria, little riot in East and protects in some places outside Nigeria and normalcy return
Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by ImperialYoruba: 1:12pm On Jan 02
Ibo people, what do you want?

Do you want Lagos State? Send your SEl leaders to demand Lagos from Speaker.

Do you want President Tinubu to step down so Obi can become President? Send your SE leaders to table your demand to Speaker.

Do you want Yoruba to get out of their states and start travelling to other places and zones? Send your Igwes to go see Speaker and express your dissatisfaction that you are the only one that travel out of your zone, Yorubas do not, and this makes you feel marginalized. Demand Yorubas be forced out.

Do you want Hisbah to stop destroying alcohol in North? Your leaders should go demand that in Abuja.

Do you want Rivers to be declared a part of SE and Ibo territory? Your grievance should be tabled to Speaker.

Do you want a dredging to the sea so you can have a port at Onitsha with sea going vessels? What are you waiting on, send your leaders to tell Speaker.

Do you want referendum and liberty to run a poll so people can choose between Nigeria and Biafra? Speaker is waiting to hear your demand.

Ibo get up and don't be a coward. The Speaker has challenged you. Your action is needed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by ImperialYoruba: 1:19pm On Jan 02
hakeemhakeem:

Guy I don't pray he dies in captive but if ... nothing will happen.this is Nigeria, little riot in East and protects in some places outside Nigeria and normalcy return

Nnamdi Kanu will be executed by Nigeria. He threatened two Nigerian Presidents, couple of Governors, some religious leaders, traditional leaders, directed mob attack to vandalize and commit arson on public properties.

He is a dead man. If any court set him free we will assassinate him before he leaves Abuja. He destroyed my state, we want revenge

2 Likes

Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by tsdarkside(m): 1:36pm On Jan 02
Rahkman:
cry now cry today cry tomorrow the more you demolish the more we buy lagos belongs to us ,keep crying, lagos money na igbo money..... and we would build more mansions why you live in ur brown roof squalor

here goes chest beatin again....

4 Likes

Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by Achor1111(m): 2:39pm On Jan 02
ImperialYoruba:
My advise to Ibo people, take your mind and interest away from Lagos State for now. Forget about President Tinubu for now. Forget about demolition and market closure, just push it aside, forget about showing off your mansion in village for the moment.

The only issue that is priority and every Ibo person need to babysit at moment is to push your leaders to respond and submit your grievance to House of Assembly. You want Biafra? Now is time for your leaders to express that desire so House can pass Bill for referendum.

Speaker did not ask your leaders to table what they want.....he said ibo leaders in SE, he was very specific. Ibo leaders in SE should bring their peoples legitimate grievances forward.

Now is your time to act! Get on it....raise voices and disturb internet, force your SE leaders to tender your request for Biafra referendum.

I posted below info to help motivate you.

Biafra Kwenu!
What type of hypocritical question is this?
We don't respond to hypocrites
Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by maivd: 2:54pm On Jan 02
SharingIsLife:

Get this from me today: If Nnamdi Kanu faces execution, Nigeria will die. I know you will call it chestbeating as usual. But it will happen before your eyes.

Right now, Nnamdi kanu is holding the Federal Government of Nigeria by the jugular. Have you never wondered why his organization IPOB is accepted all over the world and not proscribed anywhere in spite of his violent rhetoric?

If I start telling you things about this you just run away from here. The powers behind Kanu is beyond Nigeria and I hope Nigeria knows that because if they foolishly execute that guy, they will see hell.

Mind you, I'm not a Kanụ follower. I criticize him a lot. My elder brother would be very surprised to see me saying this because of the kind of arguments I have been having with him about Kanụ.
If they kill him the highest thing that will happen is pocket of violence in some parts of the southeast,and out cry on social media. And every thing will die a natural death after 3 months.
Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by DesChyko: 2:59pm On Jan 02
If I am to speak, I think the first thing is to conduct a referendum. This Biafra issue has been around for too long. Let all stakeholders weigh their options and decide if they want to remain in Nigeria. When that is done, the next step automatically materializes.

1 Like

Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by Okoroawusa: 3:11pm On Jan 02
SharingIsLife:

Which Nnamdi Kanu is holding who by which jugular? Somebody that is begging everyday to be released from prison?

Obu na mu furu gi right now aka nti 2024 wey I for give you go sound like bomb... Nnamdi Kanu boy like you!

1 Like

Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by ImperialYoruba: 4:11pm On Jan 02
SharingIsLife:

Anybody who says he doesn't know what Igbos want is only playing politics and therefore being economical with the truth.

Of course, we have been tabling and we will still table it this time. But it will be naive of anyone to expect them to do Justice to our real interest.

To say that Nnamdi kanu's request is not legitimate is very myopic. You may have your differences with Kanụ (I do too), but you cannot deny that what he is asking for is the right thing and 99% of Igbos who are not in political positions support him.

Kanu is only asking for a referendum because he is fed up with Nigeria. Anybody in Nigeria who is not fed up with Nigeria must be akin to a beast of burden.

If you yourself are fed up with Nigeria, why should you criticize someone else for being fed up with Nigeria? Referendum is a democratic process. It's not like Boko Haram and Fulani militia that set out killing people and we were asking them "what do you want?".

Na wa for some of you in this country. The way you understand things is beyond some of us in Southeast. How can you be asking us what we want when we have been shouting it all over the place? Mtch!

Umunna, stop shouting what you want everywhere. Speaker say come shout what you want to him in Abuja. grin

Let's get to work.

2 Likes

Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by ImperialYoruba: 4:41pm On Jan 02
SharingIsLife:

If Nigeria arrest Kanu we will burn down Nigeria.

Then Kanu sneaked in, got caught middle of night ontop ashewo for Alaba market. Nigeria no burn o.

If Buhari send military to SE we will burn down Nigeria.

Then Buhari sent python, cowards scatter. Kanu himself escaped disguised as market woman in wrapper and lipstick. Nigeria no burn o.

If Nigeria does not free umuBiafra we will burn down Nigeria.

Then Kanu was trapped like a Kenyan dog and bundled back into Abuja in a Fendi suit.

Nigeria never burn down o.

FG go kill uzondu after his trial. And if the motherfakker survive govt trial, we the patriot citizens dey wait outside to send am go do biafra with Ojukwu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by abiodun172: 5:18pm On Jan 02
What Igbos want?Has Nigeria managed to give any tribe what they want?What Igbos want?Has Nigeria managed to give any tribe what they want?...
Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by ImperialYoruba: 5:28pm On Jan 02
abiodun172:
What Igbos want?Has Nigeria managed to give any tribe what they want?What Igbos want?Has Nigeria managed to give any tribe what they want?...

Ibos are cowards. Their shout of Biafra is just noise and mouth.

Speaker of House asked these cowards to come forward with their demands. They have been shuffling feet since. Excuse after excuse.

If you get liver approach Speaker and demand biafra from him

1 Like

Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by mdimefields: 8:35pm On Jan 02
Igbo is beyond South East. If he restricts it to South Easterners, then what about other Igbo speaking groups> The option should be Igbo leaders, then we can sit down and discuss how Igbos can be excised out of Nigeria in peace. Who ne wan better thing>
Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by ImperialYoruba: 5:39am On Jan 03
mdimefields:
Igbo is beyond South East. If he restricts it to South Easterners, then what about other Igbo speaking groups> The option should be Igbo leaders, then we can sit down and discuss how Igbos can be excised out of Nigeria in peace. Who ne wan better thing>

This should be one of the legitimate grievances your leader will present to Mr. Speaker.

A demand for re-districting to capture your ethnic spread across zone line. Speaker does not know you desire that, you must go there tell him.

2 Likes

Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by Tap0lane: 5:52am On Jan 03
To show your Igbo father will die of foolishness is Boko Haram herdsmen proscribe anywhere ?

All the ipob that died what as happened.

SharingIsLife:

Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by Tap0lane: 5:58am On Jan 03
Kanu as no right to demand anything. Kanu is not an Igbo leader, Kanu is a foolish Igbo that deserve to be jailed or hanged for the slaughter of Nigeria police n army he orchestrated. Take every other grievance you have about Kanu to hell.

If Igbo nation do not wish to move forward because of Kanu let the Igbo nation stay stagnant.

SharingIsLife:

Anybody who says he doesn't know what Igbos want is only playing politics and therefore being economical with the truth.

Of course, we have been tabling and we will still table it this time. But it will be naive of anyone to expect them to do Justice to our real interest.

To say that Nnamdi kanu's request is not legitimate is very myopic. You may have your differences with Kanụ (I do too), but you cannot deny that what he is asking for is the right thing and 99% of Igbos who are not in political positions support him.

Kanu is only asking for a referendum because he is fed up with Nigeria. Anybody in Nigeria who is not fed up with Nigeria must be akin to a beast of burden.

If you yourself are fed up with Nigeria, why should you criticize someone else for being fed up with Nigeria? Referendum is a democratic process. It's not like Boko Haram and Fulani militia that set out killing people and we were asking them "what do you want?".

Na wa for some of you in this country. The way you understand things is beyond some of us in Southeast. How can you be asking us what we want when we have been shouting it all over the place? Mtch!
Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by Tap0lane: 6:03am On Jan 03
What is wrong with gossiping about Igbo ?! I see foolish Igbo across the length n breath of Nigeria gossip about others so why can't others too gossip about you in return or in your Foolishness you think you alone should own monopoly to gossip on others.

nedu666:

Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by cocolacec(m): 6:30am On Jan 03
GoodRocks:
The SE politicians will ruin their chances as usual. They'll tell you to fund them and make peace with the easterners. The SE politicians are all after their stomach!

If this senator is serious, let him invite NK and ask him what does Igbos wants, the guy will bodly tell you referendum

Meanwhile Obi just want a prosperous new Nigeria for us all
Elect NK as a representative only then will he invited.
Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by aljharem(m): 6:33am On Jan 03
GoodRocks:
The SE politicians will ruin their chances as usual. They'll tell you to fund them and make peace with the easterners. The SE politicians are all after their stomach!

If this senator is serious, let him invite NK and ask him what does Igbos wants, the guy will bodly tell you referendum

Meanwhile Obi just want a prosperous new Nigeria for us all

But we don't want your Obi !!! He should have made Anambra prosperous first

1 Like

Re: What Do Ibos Want? Speaker Abbass Invites Ibo Leaders To Step Forward. by EmperorCaesar(m): 10:48am On Jan 03
Abass is a good man cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

IBD Dende Smuggles Arms To The Southeast - Fisayo Soyombo / Peter Obi With Go And Verify, Now Verified / Postal Officers & Knowledge Of Geography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.