Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 (3180 Views)

4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria. / See The 10 Largest Tribes In Nigeria!!! / The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by GreatBoss: 10:59am On Jan 02
1.Yoruba
2.Igbo
3.Hausa
4.Ijaw

I carefully checked this.
So many of who you call Hausa are of different tribes and where Ijaw occupy in Niger Delta is larger than South East Nigeria, but for Igbos in South South, Ijaws would have been larger than Igbo.

The highest numbers of Ijaws are in Rivers State including so many Bayelsans because Port Harcourt is like second Capital City of Bayelsa that came out of Rivers.

Ijaws are in 6 States of Ondo, Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa Ibom States, all are fully together and not even scattered by God but Nigeria scattered us.

@General Ditari.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by DataMina: 11:20am On Jan 02
Remove Ijaw from no 4 and put Akwacross. You guys should come after the Urhobo+ Isoko in the South South beacause I think after the Igbo's in Lagos the Urhobos should be the most populous non indegenous population in the South West especially Lagos

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by Ebi2233: 11:26am On Jan 02
DataMina:
Remove Ijaw from no 4 and put Akwacross. You guys should come after the Urhobo+ Isoko in the South South beacause I think after the Igbo's in Lagos the Urhobos should be the most populous non indegenous population in the South West especially Lagos

Akwa Cross is no tribe name.

Only Cross River have 17 tribes

Akwa Ibom have 8
Ijaw have 7 and half LGAs in Akwa Ibom

7 Likes

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by STEWpid(f): 11:56am On Jan 02
Chai..

Lobarton!!

We are all Ijaw",,

Because "Ijo' in Yoruba means "A Group of People".

8 Likes

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by ShinjaWWest: 1:18pm On Jan 02
Akwaibom is the 4th largest tribe in Nigeria...

God bless the good people of Southsouth and Southwest

4 Likes

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by DataMina: 1:33pm On Jan 02
ShinjaWWest:

Even the political group Ijaw has K-leg because inside the group you would find groups being yoked as Ijaw speaking Ibibio and Igbo languages. In Rivers state after Igboid groups Ogoni is the undisputed most populous because under the Ogoni Umbrella you have the Eleme(no matter how they chose to deny it) and the Abuluoma

6 Likes

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by bdon12: 3:05pm On Jan 02
GreatBoss:
1.Yoruba
2.Igbo
3.Hausa
4.Ijaw

So many of who you call Hausa are of different tribes and where Ijaw occupy in Niger Delta is larger than South East Nigeria, but for Igbos in South South, Ijaws would have been larger than Igbo.

The highest numbers of Ijaws are in Rivers State including so many Bayelsans because Port Harcourt is like second Capital City of Bayelsa that came out of Rivers.

Ijaws are in 6 States of Ondo, Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa Ibom States, all are fully together and not even scattered by God but Nigeria scattered us.

@General Ditari.
U are very right .Kaduna is considered d 2nd most populated northern state.Bt kaduna is 50/50 other tribes n hausa.plateau has more christians....Nasarawa has abt 50/50 too.there are alot of christians/non hausas frm Gombe,Adamawa,Bauchi,kastina etc.The actual number of Hausas or fulani is not as much as u will tink

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by Ebi2233: 4:17pm On Jan 02
bdon12:

U are very right .Kaduna is considered d 2nd most populated northern state.Bt kaduna is 50/50 other tribes n hausa.plateau has more christians....Nasarawa has abt 50/50 too.there are alot of christians/non hausas frm Gombe,Adamawa,Bauchi,kastina etc.The actual number of Hausas or fulani is not as much as u will tink

True

3 Likes

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by Ebi2233: 4:18pm On Jan 02
DataMina:

Even the political group Ijaw has K-leg because inside the group you would find groups being yoked as Ijaw speaking Ibibio and Igbo languages. In Rivers state after Igboid groups Ogoni is the undisputed most populous because under the Ogoni Umbrella you have the Eleme(no matter how they chose to deny it) and the Abuluoma
Abuloma is Ijaw.
Ogoni have 4 LGAs Ijaw have 12 in Rivers State

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by Ebi2233: 4:19pm On Jan 02
ShinjaWWest:

Akwa Ibom is smaller than Bayelsa in area and it still has 8 tribes of which only Ijaw have 7 LGAs in it with extra half that they share with annang in Ukanafun LGA

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by LegendHero(m): 4:42pm On Jan 02
OP you are very wrong.

Below are the 4 major tribes.

—Yoruba
—Hausa
—Ijaw
—Kanuri

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by Ikinternational: 5:02pm On Jan 02
LegendHero:
OP you are very wrong.

—Yoruba
—Hausa
—Ijaw
—Kanuri

I counter your counter. No be only you get madness fool

1.Yoruba
2.Yoruba Hausa
3.Yoruba Fulani
4.Yoruba Edo

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by LegendHero(m): 5:05pm On Jan 02
Ikinternational:

I counter your counter. No be only you get madness fool

1.Yoruba
2.Yoruba Hausa
3.Yoruba Fulani
4.Yoruba Edo

You’re also very correct. So far Yoruba and Hausa are in it.

But no need abusing me tho, you don’t need to be triggered except if you’re from a minority tribe and sad you can’t make it to the top 4.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by Ikinternational: 5:08pm On Jan 02
LegendHero:

You’re also very correct. So far Yoruba and Hausa are in it.

But no need abusing me tho, you don’t need to be triggered except if you’re from a minority tribe and sad you can’t make it to the top 4.

Of course I'm correct. No be me type am 😒

Calling a retard slow no be abuse biko
Just stating the obvious

7 Likes

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by LegendHero(m): 5:12pm On Jan 02
Ikinternational:

Of course I'm correct. No be me type am 😒

Calling a retard slow no be abuse biko
Just stating the obvious

So far you are not arguing those are the majority tribe, we are good.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by Nicepoker(m): 5:36pm On Jan 02
Ebi2233:

Akwa Cross is no tribe name.

Only Cross River have 17 tribes

Akwa Ibom have 8
Ijaw have 7 and half LGAs in Akwa Ibom
Ijaw have 7 and a half? Mention them.
Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by BitterTruth0001: 6:20pm On Jan 02
GreatBoss:
1.Yoruba
2.Igbo
3.Hausa
4.Ijaw

@General Ditari.

Ijaw is only around 1.5% of Nigerias population, they less in number than even Ibibio, Fulani, Tiv, Kanuri.

7 Likes

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by DaddyJapan(m): 6:29pm On Jan 02
GreatBoss:

@General Ditari.

Ethnic Groups not Tribes.

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by Makavelli001: 6:37pm On Jan 02
Ijaw ke!!!
Ijaw should be the 6th or 7th. Ijawa are not much. Landmass does not determine the population otherwise kanuri and gbagyi would have been the 3rd & 4th .
Ijaws are good in claiming other people as part of their tribe.
The population in their core state which is bayelsa is nothing to write home about.
Effik-Ibibio is far more populated than the ijaws. There is no part of akwa ibom that speak ijaw, they are just trying to claim ibiono to be ijaw because they have oil.

I'm 33 years old, and I can count how many ijaws that I have meet in my life.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by Ebi2233: 6:51pm On Jan 02
BitterTruth0001:

Ijaw is only around 1.5% of Nigerias population, they less in number than even Ibibio, Fulani, Tiv, Kanuri.
There is no Ijaw in Nigeria just say that
Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by Ebi2233: 6:53pm On Jan 02
Makavelli001:
Ijaw ke!!!
Ijaw should be the 6th or 7th. Ijawa are not much. Landmass does not determine the population otherwise kanuri and gbagyi would have been the 3rd & 4th .
The population in their core state which is bayelsa is nothing to write home about.
Effik-Ibibio is far more populated than the ijaws. There is no part of akwa ibom that speak ijaw, they are just trying to claim ibiono to be ijaw because they have oil.

If you see 2 Rivers State person one is Ijaw.

See any Bayelsa person he or she is Ijaw

See any 6 Ondo person one is Ijaw

See 4 Delta person, one is Ijaw

1 Like

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by LegendHero(m): 7:20pm On Jan 02
Ebi2233:

What about if the ratio is Nigeria?

How many Nigerians do I have to see to be able to see 1 Ijaw?

1:100000?
1:10000?
1:1000?
1:100?
1:10?

3 Likes

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by KwuoteYourFada: 7:24pm On Jan 02
LegendHero:
OP you are very wrong.

—Yoruba
—Hausa
—Ijaw
—Kanuri

What is Yoruba

You don't even have !dentity

1 Share

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by cazchi: 7:28pm On Jan 02
Ebi2233:
Abuloma is Ijaw.
Ogoni have 4 LGAs Ijaw have 12 in Rivers State

Translate Abuluoma for me in your language.
Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by Abagworo(m): 7:49pm On Jan 02
Largest ethnic group is Hausa followed by Igbo. The fact that Igbos are many in other States and Southeast is still more densely populated than all the other parts of Nigeria is enough evidence. The reason Hausa is larger is because all Hausas from every vountry are considered Nigerian citizens and they're merged with Fulani.

8 Likes

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by Abagworo(m): 7:52pm On Jan 02
Makavelli001:
Ijaw ke!!!

Even in Rivers State there are more Efik-Ibibios than Ijaw. The only part of Port Harcourt you encounter Ijaws is the Borokiri and Amadi/Abuloma area which is a tiny unit compared with landmass and population of the whole city.

1 Like

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by Herdsmen: 8:02pm On Jan 02
Igbo
Igbo

Yoruba
Hausa
Ijaw
Fulani

And the rest.....

This is the pure Nigeria major tribe as they stand

2 Likes

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by Herdsmen: 8:06pm On Jan 02
Yoruba will always want to add sentiments to put their tribe based on propaganda

Yoruba majority with in Lagos .. Ibadan .. they rest of Yoruba land is deserted and emptied in Lagos

Lagos has a population of less than 18 million..

Ibadan not Oyo has a population of less than 7 million ...

Then where’s the Yoruba population ..
if we’re to be honest and forget propaganda

Hausa population is more than Yoruba population by far

I mean only real Hausa population , not Hausa Fulani or northern population

Yoruba population might be a little major than Ijaw ..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by marsman: 8:18pm On Jan 02
KwuoteYourFada:

What is Yoruba

You don't even have !dentity
When and where did elebuibon said this nonsense. Any literate historians knows the word Yoruba existed before any Hausa/Fulani caliphate.. Yoruba or Yoruba has no meaning in the Hausa Fulani vocabulary... Even the sultan of Sokoto has denied hausa/Fulani being the originator of the said name. The word Yoruba was discovered in the papers of Ahmed Baba, a wandering Islamic scholar who lived in 15th - 16th century; much years before your fulani lords lived.
Ahmed Baba got the name from the people of the old Oyo empire during his contact with them

Major Tribes in Nigeria:
Yoruba
Hausa
Fulani
IJaw
Nupe

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by LegendHero(m): 8:40pm On Jan 02
marsman:

When and where did elebuibon said this nonsense. Any literate historians knows the word Yoruba existed before any Hausa/Fulani caliphate.. Yoruba or Yoruba has no meaning in the Hausa Fulani vocabulary... Even the sultan of Sokoto has denied hausa/Fulani being the originator of the said name. The word Yoruba was discovered in the papers of Ahmed Baba, a wandering Islamic scholar who lived in 15th - 16th century; much years before your fulani lords lived.
Ahmed Baba got the name from the people of the old Oyo empire during his contact with them

Major Tribes in Nigeria:
Yoruba
Hausa
Fulani
IJaw
Nupe

Nice submission:

I’m glad you also added Nupe as the fifth tribe. They have the numbers too and I specifically love Nupe people especially their women with how they do that their dance.

It’s so mesmerizing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by jamesversion: 8:41pm On Jan 02
Ebi2233:

Rubbish. You are know to always write rubbish. You are not from Rivers state, but you always feel the need to write what you don't know about Rivers state.

You are implying that Riverine people are half of Rivers State grin. Oboy, your dealer is really doing you dirty. Riverine people are a minority by farrrrrr.

If you include present day Bayelsa into Rivers state now, Ijaw will still not make half of the population. Where are your towns that has the population? Is it Okrika or Abonnema or Bonny or Buguma. Mtcheew.

Ikwerre owns Rivers state. grin
Re: 4 Largest Tribes In Nigeria 2024 by Ofodirinwa: 8:43pm On Jan 02
GreatBoss:
1.Yoruba
2.Igbo
3.Hausa
4.Ijaw

@General Ditari.

Ijaw is not even the biggest in Niger Delta.
But you're correct, Hausa is a language, not an ethnic group

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Qatar Dumped Tinubu In The Museum / Nigeria In The Next Five Years / What Has Atiku Contributed To D Development Of Nigeria With All His Time In Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.