Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days (10231 Views)

I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / I Quit My Lagos Hotel Manager Job, Relocated To Abuja For Green Pasture -Emenalo / Should I Quit My Job Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by Dpaulie(m): 11:50am On Jan 03
You don't need to quit your current job before u search for another one
Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by jamislaw(m): 11:53am On Jan 03
aysnoopy:
Despite my writing limitations, I hope you'll overlook any errors and focus on my message. I completed my civil engineering studies and finished my service year in November 2016. I'm based in Ibadan.

In February 2018, I secured a connection with the zonal director of a federal government agency, leading to a casual staff position with a monthly stipend of 20k. The initial plan was to gain an advantage for future employment opportunities. By around 2020, the salary increased to 30k.

After three years with the agency, I learned about an upcoming recruitment in 2021. Despite seeking assistance from my boss, the zonal director, she didn't provide the support promised. Although I continued working and searching for other jobs, success eluded me.

In November 2022, my boss retired, and the new zonal director pledged support for my education, leading to my admission into a HND to B.Eng conversion program at KWASU. The sponsorship continued under another new director, but my concern persists due to the stagnant 30k salary, supplemented irregularly with site visit stipends.

Now faced with the decision to quit, I ponder whether to risk unemployment and search for a better opportunity or endure the current job's limitations, considering my advancing age. Despite ongoing self-improvement efforts and learning civil engineering software, I seek advice on whether to pursue a new job or maintain my current position during the B.Eng program.
My brother you're engine boy you can still hustle by doing other jobs, you can still look for small contract to do with your experience don't wait for anyone.

Open your own firm register it with CAC and start hustling, do you think those people will give you permanent job?

I had the same experience with yours but my salary is 60k, with the experience I had with the company I registered my own company and today I make not less than 200k per month mind you I stay in north, my 2 rooms house rent is 50k per annum at least is still ok.
Less you forget I'm still working with the other company that pays me 60k per month.

Baba hustle and stop limiting your potentials.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by Sonofgod1990(m): 11:54am On Jan 03
Carry 20k from your next salary and stake 2 sure odd. Before you know it you will become a millionaire
Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by Truvelisback(m): 12:03pm On Jan 03
aysnoopy:
Despite my writing limitations, I hope you'll overlook any errors and focus on my message. I completed my civil engineering studies and finished my service year in November 2016. I'm based in Ibadan.

In February 2018, I secured a connection with the zonal director of a federal government agency, leading to a casual staff position with a monthly stipend of 20k. The initial plan was to gain an advantage for future employment opportunities. By around 2020, the salary increased to 30k.

After three years with the agency, I learned about an upcoming recruitment in 2021. Despite seeking assistance from my boss, the zonal director, she didn't provide the support promised. Although I continued working and searching for other jobs, success eluded me.

In November 2022, my boss retired, and the new zonal director pledged support for my education, leading to my admission into a HND to B.Eng conversion program at KWASU. The sponsorship continued under another new director, but my concern persists due to the stagnant 30k salary, supplemented irregularly with site visit stipends.

Now faced with the decision to quit, I ponder whether to risk unemployment and search for a better opportunity or endure the current job's limitations, considering my advancing age. Despite ongoing self-improvement efforts and learning civil engineering software, I seek advice on whether to pursue a new job or maintain my current position during the B.Eng program.
Don't try it ooo, until you get a better job. If you don't want to regret your decision, continue with the job until you get a favourable one. To get good paying job is hard in Nigeria.
Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by Itiskdg121(m): 12:09pm On Jan 03
Try to search for job agencies around you. You may be lucky
aysnoopy:
I need more advice please
Mod, please to front page
Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by AmbassadoR100(m): 12:12pm On Jan 03
Complete your studies first and see what the future holds for you
aysnoopy:

Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by Gggjhhj: 12:16pm On Jan 03
soccerlite:

Can you be sacked in that 30k job?

Finish your BSC first before moving on

Which BSc who BSc help
Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by fmlala: 12:19pm On Jan 03
There is no better days in 30k job in Nigeria
Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by Sleekfingers: 12:47pm On Jan 03
aysnoopy:

When u talk about skills. What kind of skills do you think I should learn that'll be more demanding in the society.

All the information, you seek are online. Do your findings. And stop expecting anyone to spoon feed you......
Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by Watinhapen(m): 12:48pm On Jan 03
Mr Man, you’re only working but not earning a living. 30k a month nothing to a secondary school living certificate holder not to talk of an HND holder. I have observed that most people stay put in federal agency jobs even if the pay is useless. How do you manage yourself with 30k a month? Unless you make extra daily income at your work place, then I can understand. If all you get is 30k a month, you need to leave that job as soon as possible or wait until you complete your program before leaving.
Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by laivwire(m): 12:56pm On Jan 03
@aysnoopy

It's understandable that things look bleak but you have to hold on to what you have for now. Don't step down the ladder expecting to jump higher. You should take higher steps from your current position.

Complete your education. If you don't see prospects for improvement in your current career, look for hard skills to learn as a career switch or side business. You should know that considerable time and effort have to be invested in mastering a new skill before people will pay you good money for it.
Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by ucheuzor1(m): 12:59pm On Jan 03
Bro I will suggest you check out freelancing site like Fiverr or Upwork, but I will suggest Fiverr, search for a service that you can offer, create gigs and start offering them. You will be amazed with how much you can earn over time. If you don't have the skills, look for a skill that is selling there and learn so you can start making money. 30k is just too small in this current economy.

I won't suggest you leave your current job when you don't have a replacement. Be doing it while you also do job on freelancing site. When you start earning, you can then leave the job.

The screenshot below shows you some of my earnings this December. Let it act as encouragement for you bro.

Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by Blessedarethepe(m): 1:00pm On Jan 03
sofeo:
Get a good laptop, Learn IT/Digital skill, Get empowered and make money.
I have a laptop, pls come and teach me a skill boss
Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by Nasri100(m): 1:03pm On Jan 03
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

What da fuckkk. Just stop
Don't get me annoyed
This your statement have caused alot of poverty to so many young men
Na wa o
Why he be say people nor dey get mind to leave a particular place

Na so bros ororo do am come think say things go better in the future begin hope
Come even go rent I face you and slap me kind of house
Before you know it sandra fall In love with am inside I face me and face you room them begin bang and belle enter
Family start poverty increase

Bro Nigerians like poverty leave them jare. All these enlightened talk won’t solve anything.
Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by Wiljemz777(m): 1:04pm On Jan 03
[quote author=aysnoopy post=127743741]Despite my writing limitations, I hope you'll overlook any errors and focus on my message. I completed my civil engineering studies and finished my service year in November 2016. I'm based in Ibadan.

Bro, I don’t know if you believe in God . If you do… kindly do a three-day vigils at the corner of your room . Confess your sin, praise God very well and ask him for directions instead of asking your fellow humans that can lead you astray.

I am currently doing mine and it’s yielding results already.

God created you and surely knows everything about you and what you’ll become in life.

You can run away from reality bro!
Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by Wiljemz777(m): 1:05pm On Jan 03
[quote author=aysnoopy post=127743741]Despite my writing limitations, I hope you'll overlook any errors and focus on my message. I completed my civil engineering studies and finished my service year in November 2016. I'm based in Ibadan.

Bro, I don’t know if you believe in God . If you do… kindly do a three-day vigils at the corner of your room . Confess your sin, praise God very well and ask him for directions instead of asking your fellow humans that can lead you astray.

I am currently doing mine and it’s yielding results already.

God created you and surely knows everything about you and what you’ll become in life.

You can’t run away from reality bro!
Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by Ganjafama(m): 1:05pm On Jan 03
sofeo:
Get a good laptop, Learn IT/Digital skill, Get empowered and make money.
What are the fastest selling g digital skills aside software development?
Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by livebullet(m): 1:20pm On Jan 03
aysnoopy:
My current situation is really affecting my mental health.
My mom is getting old and I'm his only son out of her 2 children (I and my elder sister)
I'm yet to take care of her despite all her struggles during my study in the polytechnic

Quit... Buy a bike or Keke and go into transportation. Just try to be a careful driver and you will see yourself pick up soon. May God bless your husstle IJN.... Please don't do Yahoo... Please
Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by Blessedarethepe(m): 1:23pm On Jan 03
Sonofgod1990:
Carry 20k from your next salary and stake 2 sure odd. Before you know it you will become a millionaire
Confirm
Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by Akanimoh113(m): 1:29pm On Jan 03
aysnoopy:

Remember that saying "If you can't run, you walk, if you can't walk, you crawl" no matter what you are going through In life Never Quit, Keep Moving until you win

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by ABC101FF: 1:50pm On Jan 03
You say?

Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by Jackossky(m): 1:54pm On Jan 03
dhesire:

Where is the writing limitations.
You just take pride in whining yourself, isn't it?

My exact thought

Someone who is well versed in English Language is asking not to be condemned for his bad English.

Kuku tell us say you wan abuse us

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by Vj15(m): 2:20pm On Jan 03
aysnoopy:

"The Bible says Don't despise the days of little beginning
"
Money does not change you it only amplifies the real person that you are, if you can not manage little money within your cophers chances be that 100percent you can not manage a huge some of money that will come your way so sit down plan and manage the little you have today and you will great tomorrow with a greatfull heart. You hear!!? cool
Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by allthingsgood: 2:24pm On Jan 03
aysnoopy:

When u talk about skills. What kind of skills do you think I should learn that'll be more demanding in the society.

Go and learn how to fry akara and eggrolls. No joke

The problem with nigerian youth is that everybody wants to sit inside fancy office. Unfortunately, there are not enough offices to accomodate the youth. Yet there are a lot of opportunities and a lot of money to be made from those jobs that most of you look down on. Stop wasting your destiny on non existent govt job. Start a small business, be diligent and grow it to something you will be proud of.

Or ignore my advise and keep wandering in the wilderness. Your choice. smiley

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by soccerlite: 2:44pm On Jan 03
Gggjhhj:

Which BSc who BSc help

Since he will be sponsored
Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by olaztek(m): 2:47pm On Jan 03
Stay in your current job

Save up to 60k from your salary and tips

Go into phone accessories business. It's the only business I know you can make over 100% profit.

start small by buying and selling charger, Earpiece, cord and memory card.

Market to your work colleagues, neighbors, family and friends via WhatsApp and word of mouth.

Reinvest 50% of your profit.

Within one year, you will see improvement in your standard of living.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by patomberekpe(m): 2:59pm On Jan 03
God have mercy in our country. 30k monthly salary? $24 money not enough for a set of pizza, may God help Nigeria. I pray we get a better leader that will give us a better salary at least 200k a month lowest
Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by Chassy03: 3:28pm On Jan 03
Quit make hungry kill you
Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by kennethovic7(m): 3:39pm On Jan 03
Quebec91:
DM me, check my signature, might have an offer for you to be making money remotely without stress to augment your peanut pay
Can i DM too bro?
Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by bsalawu: 3:57pm On Jan 03
aysnoopy:

Send me a dm
Re: Should I Quit My 30k Job Or Continue And Hope For A Better Days by temitope66(m): 4:20pm On Jan 03
Newton2024:
How can he connect himself with people who can help him? How can he have the right connections?

Make sure your cycle is fill with positive people of great minds who work toward bright future, attend good church, don’t be shy to communicate with people of high values, ask for help, above all pray for divine help from above. You’ll be fine.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Graduate Loan Or Student Loan Which One Has A Better Economic Value / Cips Vs. Cipsmn / Kaigama Says Federal Government Of Nigeria Must Revisit Minimum Wage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.