Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan (2524 Views)

UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike / List Of Lecturers Accused Of Sex-For-Grades Scandals (Photos) / Sex For Grades: BBC Releases The Full Documentary Of Lecturers Involved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by Lordsonn: 3:43pm On Jan 02
I came across this salary Scale of Lecturers in University of Ibadan and I was wondering whether Lecturers in Nigerian universities get up to this per month. Is this per year?

Source: https://ui.edu.ng/content/salary-scale

Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by Lordsonn: 3:43pm On Jan 02
NIfpmod
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by colossus91(m): 4:11pm On Jan 02
This should be per year

5 Likes

Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by Lordsonn: 4:37pm On Jan 02
Okay
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by herkeem: 5:28pm On Jan 02
It's per year o.

2 Likes

Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by Acidosis(m): 6:20pm On Jan 02
Yearly.

1 Like

Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by iramure(m): 6:31pm On Jan 02
Someone should please analyse it. I don't understand

1 Like

Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by ExudeLoveToAll: 6:54pm On Jan 02
iramure:
Someone should please analyse it. I don't understand

Annual basic salary, monthly salary is divided by 12

4 Likes

Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by DKM123: 6:57pm On Jan 02
Na wa o! It is pitiable if this is what they receive yearly. No wonder "blocking" is a norm with some of this lecturers.... That professor salary is just ridiculous considering how much he/she spends to reach that cadre.... Most.civil servants don't need to spend a dime to get to the zenith of thier profession..

3 Likes

Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by LordIsaac(m): 7:03pm On Jan 02
It is per annum o, unfortunately! Even a sugar cane seller’s networth trumps it!
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by seunjungle1(m): 7:06pm On Jan 02
It can't be for a year. I know a time when salary of senior lecturers in the university of Ibadan ranged between 550k to 650k. But I don't know of now.
Some States own universities are paying pretty good too...I know a state owns university that was paying between 350k and 450-500k in southwest...a friend of mine was paying 150k as an assistance lecturer while junior lecturer was collecting 180k some few years ago.

1 Like

Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by seanwilliam(m): 7:49pm On Jan 02
📍
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by 5ThChild: 8:04pm On Jan 02
They keep their salaries confidential

1 Like

Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by OkCornel(m): 9:25pm On Jan 02
Earned more than a professor at the entry of level of my first job over 10 years ago.

This is pathetic
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by grandstar(m): 11:06pm On Jan 02
herkeem:
It's per year o.

This na starvation wage

Yet, student don't want to pay enough fees to enable them earn better wages nor are citizens prepared to pay their taxes for better funding.

Lastly, there is also corruption but the first 2 problems out way the last.
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by Connected1: 12:13am On Jan 03
seunjungle1:
It can't be for a year. I know a time when salary of senior lecturers in the university of Ibadan ranged between 550k to 650k. But I don't know of now.
Some States own universities are paying pretty good too...I know a state owns university that was paying between 350k and 450-500k in southwest...a friend of mine was paying 150k as an assistance lecturer while junior lecturer was collecting 180k some few years ago.
It's per annum but it's just basic salary up there, allowances aren't there.
If included you will then get that 650k monthly you are talking about.

Many people here don't understand how it works, I am not saying it's big enough though.

1 Like

Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by ADUBA1(m): 12:58am On Jan 03
Hhhhh
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by ADUBA1(m): 12:59am On Jan 03
[quote author=Connected1 post=127750872]

Many people here don't understand how it works, I am not saying it's big enough
No Professor earns upto 450k irrespective of how many years you have stayed in the system not to talk of 560k. Where did u get your information from. ]

2 Likes

Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by ADUBA1(m): 1:02am On Jan 03
No Professor earns upto 450k irrespective of how many years you have stayed in the system not to talk of 560k. Where did u get your information from. That is consolidated salary. Nothing like basic here
quote author=Connected1 post=127750872]

Many people here don't understand how it works, I am not saying it's big enough though.[/quote]
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by Connected1: 2:23am On Jan 03
ADUBA1:
No Professor earns upto 450k irrespective of how many years you have stayed in the system not to talk of 560k. Where did u get your information from. That is consolidated salary. Nothing like basic here
[quote author=Connected1 post=127750872]

Many people here don't understand how it works, I am not saying it's big enough though.
I don't know how much tertiary institution teachers are paid per month, what I saw up there are basic salaries and someone said they receive up to 650k and that the stated amounts were false.

So I made him understand that they are just basic salaries not the gross salaries.
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by ADUBA1(m): 2:25am On Jan 03
That is gross Sir. It is consolidated [quote author=Connected1 post=127751277][/quote]
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by Ireportlive: 3:00am On Jan 03
This is bad , to be honest
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by Solsix(m): 6:16am On Jan 03
ADUBA1:
quote author=Connected1 post=127750872]

Stop lying
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by iramure(m): 6:41am On Jan 03
ExudeLoveToAll:

Annual basic salary, monthly salary is divided by 12
Thank you. What does the the "X" so so so amount mean before another big money for example #2, 457 355 X 27,000 - # 3, 488, 487. That x27,000 means what?
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by christejames(m): 7:56am On Jan 03
Annual salary ooo shocked but so damn poor for an academic embarassed, you see why they connive with INEC to abet in their fraudulent activities?
Re: Salary Scale Of Lecturers In University Of Ibadan by Natbrowny: 8:04am On Jan 03
Professor na title.

Some dont even own a house.

If its not making money.. Its not making sense.

Master holders yapa with 70k salary

Naija ehn sabi frustrate person

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unizik E-clearance Portal Have Opened So Go Now And Do You E-clearance / Did You Go To School With This??? / How To Graduate First Class From Any University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.