Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,890 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? (13006 Views)

Parents Send Soldiers To Beat Guests At Son's Wedding / Should I Help Her Or Chase Her Out Of My House? / Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by nanidee(f): 6:31pm On Nov 03, 2011
Pukkah:

You're just sooooooo funny!

My dear, that was the only way I could pass the message across, as the guy decided to ignore everything I had done. Fancy living off someone else when you are working and earning your own money.

I had to drink panadol for another person's headache, since he was being "too polite" to complain.
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by tlops(m): 7:28pm On Nov 03, 2011
what if your gf like your guy's gf and they become friends, making the objective unless and over-crowded. just another side!

How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests?

Use flit!
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 03, 2011
Fart  grin

and If they don't get the message  cheesy . . . fart harder angry
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by xterra2(m): 8:15pm On Nov 03, 2011
nanidee:

Lol, This story sounds too familiar.

My boyfriend was faced with exactly the same situation as the OP, infact, his was worse, because this was a serviced apartment, meaning extra pay, and not only did his friend and girl friend stylishly move in with him, they were practically living off my boyfriend. Eating up everything in the fridge, drinking everything, and the most annoying part was receiving visitors and serving them drinks, food et all.
This leech of a friend claimed he wanted to be closeby because of some meeting he had to attend, and as he put it, "his place was far from town".
Voila!!! He slowly brought his belongings, and before you knew it, his very fat girl friend landed as well.

Geeezzz!!!! When I realized what was going on, and knowing my guy to be very easy going and courteous, I had to step in sharp sharp. grin

*first things first, i made it clear that no one should take anything  I put in the fridge, as I would not take it lightly. Then I took up the responsibility of buying the groceries  wink
* next I made the kitchen quite uncomfortable for the fat a*as girlfriend, when I realized that she only goes in there to cook my boo's food for her and her boyfriend, without even caring to make some for my boo. ( that was the height)
* I insisted that no one touches "my food stuff" yes! I called it mine
* I made sure I cooked some really appetizing meals, just for me and my boo, made sure they saw it, and whenever the guy asks
for some, I politely say "sorry, my baby might want some more. You know he works so hard to make enough money to pay the bills, and I don't want him to get hungry at any time" and then, I'll suggest he eats some bread as there's some in the cupboard.
grin

Trust me, with the nasty attitude I put up, (especially remembering to sing Jason De'rulo's - don't wanna go home) anytime I see them, it wasn't long before the fat a*as girlfriend moved out. Lol.

The boyfriend decided to be stubborn and stay back, that's when I started getting real nasty. Trust me, even my boo started to get soo uncomfortable, that he quickly consented when I suggested we go spend the weekend in a hotel.

The leech had no choice but to leave, since he couldn't pay for the serviced apartment for the little time that my boo wasnt going
to be around.

After that incident I became unnecessarily nice whenever he calls my boyfriend. I would even shout "hello, longest time" over the phone, and sometimes insist on saying "hi" to him.  cheesy

Whew, Sorry for the long story, but I couldnt help remembering this.

So, my advice, like someone said, get your woman to pay you a visit. She'll sort it out in no time. This one requires brute force lol.
LMAO very funny grin grin especially the longest time and hi part

Anyway you did the right thing, even my parents too people take advantage of their kindness i would be nothing like them, allowing that or something similar would make me "weak" , i believe that by my inactions,someone would take advantage of me ,
Its annoying to be trying to help somebody or be a good friend to him/her and they take advantage of it and turn it around, irritating the person
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by LordBabs(m): 8:26pm On Nov 03, 2011
Grandiose farting!
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by Andrew3(m): 8:30pm On Nov 03, 2011
@nanidee
kai u too wicked grin grin
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 03, 2011
^^ Nope she isn't. That's the way to do it.
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by nanidee(f): 9:01pm On Nov 03, 2011
2buff:

Fart  grin

and[b] If they don't get the message[/b]  cheesy . . . fart harder angry

I tell you, you would be amazed to know that some people would not mind the longest, wettest fart. wink Even if you take a dump in their presence, they will only hold their nostrils and turn the other way round.
As long as they are getting stuff from you, they dont mind what you do. Talk about people's lack of dignity. You would be shocked!!

Did i forget to mention that my bf mentioned to him that he wasnt comfortable with his girlfriend moving in, as he wasnt consulted and prepared for that, and what was his friend's reply? - that his fat a*ss chic was new in town, and didnt have any friends. Can you imagine?
And you are here talking about fart. Lmao

::Andrew:::

@nanidee
kai u too wicked grin grin

From experience i've noticed that most guys (especially matured ones) no get wahala like chics. They have a more straightforward way of life. So wetin you want make i do under such situations, as my name no be Patience or Endurance? cool
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by gascoign1(m): 9:58pm On Nov 03, 2011
u wan kill me with laf o
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by minute(f): 11:56pm On Nov 03, 2011
Direct approach . . . .Hey guys, go home!

Indirect approach . . . . .

You and your girlfriend become passionate in the living room! In full view. Be sure to grope a lot and make lots of groaning noises.

Do laundary and be sure to leave lots of stained underpants and socks spread out on the bed, say you're sorting them out.

Have liver and onions for supper! Turn on all the radios in the house on Celine Dion and sing along at top of lungs! Day and night. . .

and while making whoopie . . .especially if you sing bad.

Make a list of chores for her to do and nag her about it constantly, put some good one's down.

Drink up all the soda, milk and juice in the Fridge but leave the empty bottles. Then ask them to go buy some if they complain.

Disconnect the hot water in the showers(until they leave! then magically turn it back on and say you fixed it after they leave)

Suddenly start saying something is biting you all the time . . . rub your legs a lot . . . until they turn red . . then announce that

the house is infested with bugs and you need to have it fumigated.

Got to a pet store and purchase a cheap pet rat.Put it under her sheets . . . then scream alot when she finds it and claim you

never saw it before!

Start sharpening all the knives in the house. Don't say anything. Just stare straight ahead and keep sharpening. . .especially at

night do this.

Have an accomplice then flick out the circuit breakers one by one . . . Have someone record screaming and but it in the cd

player on the alarm program so it goes off at 3am. Then claim you don't know who is screaming. . . .maybe a ghost??

Start to hit on her(when he's not around), like stroke her hair and ask her if she's into thr**somes. This stuff should work.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 04, 2011
minute:

You and your girlfriend become passionate in the living room! In full view. Be sure to grope a lot and make lots of groaning noises.

Do laundary and be sure to leave lots of stained underpants and socks spread out on the bed, say you're sorting them out.

Have liver and onions for supper! Turn on all the radios in the house on Celine Dion and sing along at top of lungs! Day and night. . .

Make a list of chores for her to do and nag her about it constantly, put some good one's down.

Drink up all the soda, milk and juice in the Fridge but leave the empty bottles. Then ask them to go buy some if they complain.

Disconnect the hot water in the showers(until they leave! then magically turn it back on and say you fixed it after they leave)

Suddenly start saying something is biting you all the time . . . rub your legs a lot . . . until they turn red . . then announce that

Got to a pet store and purchase a cheap pet rat.Put it under her sheets . . . then scream alot when she finds it and claim you

never saw it before!

Start sharpening all the knives in the house. Don't say anything. Just stare straight ahead and keep sharpening. . .especially at

night do this.

Have an accomplice then flick out the circuit breakers one by one . . . Have someone record screaming and but it in the cd

player on the alarm program so it goes off at 3am. Then claim you don't know who is screaming. . . .maybe a ghost??

Start to hit on her(when he's not around), like stroke her hair and ask her if she's into thr**somes. This stuff should work.

This one fit backfire BAAAD. grin Imagine the babe answer u say "I was hoping you'd ask kiss" undecided
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by collinsJn(m): 1:19am On Nov 04, 2011
[/quote][quote author=pudsey link=topic=795632.msg9474818#msg9474818 date=1320338400]
I think you should sit down and discus your discomfort with your friend. This is your house and i believe anyone coming in should stand by your principles,

+1
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by xxcarolxx(f): 4:36am On Nov 04, 2011
Hide a few rotten fish around your apartment, they won't stay when your place is smelling like a fish market,
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by sima(f): 5:38am On Nov 04, 2011
I say talk to him about his nasty behavior and see if he'll change, if he doesn't change then ask him politely to get his bum out of ur house,
Do not be blunt with him cuz u do not know tomorrow, u might need his help too one day.
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 04, 2011
It's always better not to take them in at all in the first place. From my experience the friendship never remains the same after you eject the leech that has become used to staying with you. Although he might pretend everything is cool, but trust me, he'll be nursing a grudge, and would be yearning for an opportunity to avenge his bruised ego. I grew up in a home that took in all manner of relatives and stranded people. At the last count, more that 100 people must have lived with us at one time or the other, some of them stayed as long as 5 years. Yet most of them have nothing but ingratitude for their hosts at the end of the day. When I eventually got my own place, I resolved that I was never going to accept 'squatters' no matter what. I usually find a way to ease them out from the get-go, that way the friendship remains intact.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by kodewrita(m): 7:53am On Nov 04, 2011
Thanks all, They are gone though he'll be back. (Sallah movement).

tit:

i guess u and most of the responders here do not know the meaning of the words friend, guest and hospitality.
you now have a few other people, with their jetsam and flotsam, in your 'world', so it cannot be the same.

your selfishness must have so shown that your 'friend' tried to buy your acceptance with money.

if you call the guy friend, tell him what you expect. reasonably.
but i think you need to work a bit harder on yourself.
(i have thrown a few friends out of my place to my eternal regret. wish i had taken a diferent route).
you need to be more accomodating.

would it help if i say quite a few of his actions have been 'tres unfriendly' in the past. am actually going against precedent because I am certain he's going to be around/we'll definitely keep running into each other for the next decade (very certain).

gazilion:

By allowing your friend to commit immorality and fornication in your own house - in the sight of God is abomination.
God has not provided the house for you to run a brothel. Give your life to Christ, tell your friend about your decision to follow Jesus.
Respectfully chase them out of your house.

Slow down man, Accomodating a friend and his fiancee is not a crime in any book of the Bible. Am only pissed at not being informed and the stylish attempt to create permanent access.

xxcarolxx:

Hide a few rotten fish around your apartment, they won't stay when your place is smelling like a fish market,

why shoot myself in the foot? We'll all suffer it Carol. And I am definitely not into self-punishment.

minute:

never saw it before!

night do this.

sweetheart, did you moonlight as a serial killer in some past life? thats so psycho. thanks tho. The last idea is kinda repugnant to me. I wont do that just to get them outta the house. I would much rather call the guy and discuss one-on-one. the repercussions whether she says yes or no are tremendous besides she's a cool good girl.

2buff:

Fart grin

and If they don't get the message cheesy . . . fart harder angry

Really. angry angry angry and let my flat become known as the Fart Palace?

pro01:

It's always better not to take them in at all in the first place. From my experience the friendship never remains the same after you eject the leech that has become used to staying with you. Although he might pretend everything is cool, but trust me, he'll be nursing a grudge, and would be yearning for an opportunity to avenge his bruised ego. I grew up in a home that took in all manner of relatives and stranded people. At the last count, more that 100 people must have lived with us at one time or the other, some of them stayed as long as 5 years. Yet most of them have nothing but ingratitude for their hosts at the end of the day. When I eventually got my own place, I resolved that I was never going to accept 'squatters' no matter what. I usually find a way to ease them out from the get-go, that way the friendship remains intact.

we learn as we go along.
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 04, 2011
The solution is simple. Fucck the girl and then bring in another rented girl. Your relationship with your friend will end temporarily, then make up and tell him never to bring woman to your house or you go fucck them, then call your friend and ask him to lend you money, amount he cant afford cos the landlord is threatening to move you, rent a landlord and hold a staged meeting then after tell your friend you have to move from town so you wont be disgraced by landlord.
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by delpee(f): 10:37am On Nov 04, 2011
pro01:

Had a similar experience while growing up. A lot of ingratitude initially but i find that most of them are learning their lessons much later in life. Most now appreciate that harbouring and training them was a great sacrifice having seen the problems and economic realities of bringing up kids. More importantly, the blessings derived are wonderful and endless.

Good to do our bit (not to the extent of total inconvenience as expressed by poster) and leave the rest to God.

@Poster
Why not tell him nicely if hes a true friend especially the issue of coming with a girlfriend? If hes just a fair weather friend, any tough but friendly female relative or friend will do the job nicely.
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 04, 2011
@afameva
My rule no 1 - Never borrow what you can't afford to loose. Period.
I don't borrow - I give. If I don't have to give I say NO. I don't care who is asking for the money.

Now, ask your friend politely to return. Also tel he or she is that if they do not return as promised, it will be difficult to trust them on money matters in the future.
If they do not return it, forget it. It's gone and dont ruin your friendship cos of that.
Chuck it up to a life lesson.

Not trying to derail the thread, but I am faced with a situation. I always tried to lend money that I could forget but I had a special case. I had to borrow my first cousin £5,000. He is a bit older, calls and starts explaining the bank is about to sell his house, he doesnt have money, business isn't fine bla, bla, bla. So I sent him the money and he promised he will pay back in two months as he was expecting some major payments from his business. I didn't want to but I was worried about his well being so I decided to help.

6 months now, he isnt even talking about it, I have politely asked him twice and all he says is that he hasnt forgetten. Worst thing was that he had the guts to travel to Dubai and London with his family of four, and when he came to London they stayed with us. They went about shopping and buying things even I couldnt afford. And his wife kept on saying things like "you people dont have this and that in your house"? I was so upset.

Please help how do I deal with such a person. He is a cousin like a brother because he grew up in our house but this is getting too much. I am tempted to use the roforofo style o.
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by blank(f): 11:45am On Nov 04, 2011
^^^^^

Keep waiting for temptation. Abeg, hand the guy extreme embarrassment. So he can do such and still keep owing u? Make the guy try am with me. He will forever regret the day he and his family STOLE my money (which is what he has done since he has not repaid). You should av embarrassed him in front of his wife and children and promised to call police if he did not vomit that money. I thoroughly hate people like that. Once u help them, they think you have fallen mugu and they are ready to ride you for everything u av.
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 04, 2011
blank:

^^^^^

Keep waiting for temptation. Abeg, hand the guy extreme embarrassment. So he can do such and still keep owing u? Make the guy try am with me. He will forever regret the day he and his family STOLE my money (which is what he has done since he has not repaid). You should av embarrassed him in front of his wife and children and promised to call police if he did not vomit that money. I thoroughly hate people like that. Once u help them, they think you have fallen mugu and they are ready to ride you for everything u av.

Thanks for the response. I didnt want to do that because I didnt tell my wife I loaned him some money. I have my reasons for not telling my wife so I really dont want to create a scene. But now I am really weighing my options as I have realised he doesnt plan to pay me back at all. Paying me is the least of his priorities. May be when he has $1billion he will pay me back my change and abuse me on top.

I am just disappointed because he is close family and I wonder why he will behave this way.
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by Afam4eva(m): 12:29pm On Nov 04, 2011
@blank
Nne idikwa harsh but I subscribe to that kind of treatment even though I can't do it.

My own case is extreme. Because I never reming those that are owing me to pay me because I think they should use their common sense and know that they owe me some money. It's like it doesn't pay to be soft in this wicked world. People just like taking people for a ride.
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by Outstrip(f): 12:49pm On Nov 04, 2011
Nashville:

Not trying to derail the thread, but I am faced with a situation. I always tried to lend money that I could forget but I had a special case. I had to borrow my first cousin £5,000. He is a bit older, calls and starts explaining the bank is about to sell his house, he doesnt have money, business isn't fine bla, bla, bla. So I sent him the money and he promised he will pay back in two months as he was expecting some major payments from his business. I didn't want to but I was worried about his well being so I decided to help.

6 months now, he isnt even talking about it, I have politely asked him twice and all he says is that he hasnt forgetten. Worst thing was that he had the guts to travel to Dubai and London with his family of four, and when he came to London they stayed with us. They went about shopping and buying things even I couldnt afford. And his wife kept on saying things like "you people dont have this and that in your house"? I was so upset.

Please help how do I deal with such a person. He is a cousin like a brother because he grew up in our house but this is getting too much. I am tempted to use the roforofo style o.

What is wrong with you mscheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew. I don't pity you. I think you like it. When you should have allowed them to shop to their hearts content and then confisticate everything. The day someone does this type of crap to me they will know that day say na my mama born me. I was biting my fingers while I was reading your yeye story.
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by delpee(f): 1:13pm On Nov 04, 2011
Nashville:

Thanks for the response. I didnt want to do that because I didnt tell my wife I loaned him some money. I have my reasons for not telling my wife so I really dont want to create a scene. But now I am really weighing my options as I have realised he doesnt plan to pay me back at all. Paying me is the least of his priorities. May be when he has $1billion he will pay me back my change and abuse me on top.

I am just disappointed because he is close family and I wonder why he will behave this way.

More reason why you should have confided in your wife. She may have resisted and you would probably have given less and have less to worry about now. Its a lot of money which you should try and recover as much as possible otherwise you are taken for a mugu for relatives to deal with. BTW why did you agree to host a debtor who has no intention of paying you back? It was a good opportunity to tell/show him that you are broke like making him realise that the items you dont have at home are the ones you were going to buy with the money loaned to him. LOL!

I can imagine your wife going to great lengths to please the ingrate who deserved to be ignored. Abeg wise up o!
afam4eva:

My own case is extreme. Because I never reming those that are owing me to pay me because I think they should use their common sense and know that they owe me some money. It's like it doesn't pay to be soft in this wicked world. People just like taking people for a ride.

I find it difficult to ask for my money back also so i give what i can afford and never expect it back. Saves me a lot of headache.
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by Fancier(f): 2:58pm On Nov 04, 2011
I just cant help myself but to keep laughing at most post grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin So So funny.

Anyway at poster, I am picking 2 options for you so far on the advice given

1. The Cool Way, Give your life to Christ, tell your friend about it, and let him kw you can nolonger condole funication in your apartment.

2: The Hard Way, Get a girl friend Preferably (Delta or Edo), just tell her what you are going through. I promise you, your friend and her girl friend will not spend
60 mins in your home after her first visit, grin grin grin grin Hope you know what i mean

GOODLUCK
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by drgeorge1(m): 10:02pm On Nov 06, 2011
gud to hear, Nxt!!
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by mystiqueem(f): 3:17am On Nov 07, 2011
MEN! 'Women are trouble makers' you say, but men create most of the problems in this world and expect women to tolerate or resolve it for them.
SHAME ON YA! Involving women always leads to complications.

WOMEN! ' You think 'helping' will make him love you more or something? think again. After 'resolving that issue' he'll see you as a troublesome person when you tried to 'help' again with another matter. mark my words.

pro01:

I totally agree. Don't start what you can't finish.
OP, you must be feeling kinda of guilty, he must have helped you out in the past or something, that is why you're both acting like children.
Man up by saying your piece. You've lost this friend no matter what you do, so end it, NOW before it becomes worse.
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by Oletunow(m): 4:51am On Nov 07, 2011
The answer to your problem is very simple,

Sometimes, you have to say No to good and close friends to preserve that relationship.

Alot of people have suggested you use your girlfriend of some female friends, that is not necessary. What you have indicated, your friend is an adult, call him tell him how you feel man to man; tell him you are not happy that he brought his girlfriend without clearing it from you first. If you do not like friends bringing girls to your place, tell him you do not like it. Tell him to make sure he/his girlfriend washes the dishes whenever they finish eating. Tell him that he is inconveniencing you and putting you in a very difficult position by what he is doing he should stop it.

Believe me, that is not going to spoil your relationship, he might not be happy immediately, or will out of annoyance move out or say somethings in the line of, 'it is because they are in your house, ?' calmly tell him no, that yourself live by those rules and they should have no problem living by them.

If he does not now, in the future, he will understand and appreciate the fact that you were forthright with him and if he is a true friend, he will remain your friend.

I have said alot of difficult Nos in my lifetime and I did not regret any of them.

At least, even the golden rule in the Bible did not say, we should love our neighbors more than ourselves, it say, we should love them as we love ourselves.
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by member479760: 8:00am On Nov 07, 2011
start telling him how you love him and how you want him to be your fukcing mate. believe me fukcing woman or man yash na the same thing, try it.
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by Chiori(m): 9:59am On Dec 02, 2011
@1st poster, it's high time you spoke with him, let him come out plain what his plans are. You are friends, not mutual acquaintances; so frankness must be employed in this case.
Re: How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? by blank(f): 11:14am On Dec 02, 2011
@ poster, what did u finally do?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Your Earliest Memory? / How I spent My Xmas. / How do I make my Dog Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.