Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,916 members, 7,835,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations (19981 Views)

Budgetary Allocations For The Presidential Air Fleet In 13 Years / FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils / FG Excludes Lagos, Borno, Delta From Cash Transfer As N/W Gets Biggest Share (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by eteebanky1: 1:38pm On Jan 03
SensetionalGoal:

The money meant for them will now be channel to private pockets that is my problem

Exactly

The 27billion will be unaccounted for swears

The federal government will just drop a lie that they shared the money to poor people
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by lokoloko84(m): 1:44pm On Jan 03
erico2k2:

I have just checked, they are Regulated by the NMA(Nigeria Medical Association) so the FG was right scrap funding for them too
you are blind and delusional.
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by IbeOkehie: 2:18pm On Jan 03
oladitisd:
PBAT has a blueprint, he isnt clueless, i hope he suceeds because there are a lotta citizens in this country praying he shouldnt suceede just because he isnt their choice, NIGERIA IS MY COUNTRY AND IT WILL REMAIN MY COUNTRY

Well, if there's no money what else is there to do?

I sincerely wish President Tinubu the best in making Nigeria a better place. He needs some time, then we can judge. Nigeria is just an unfortunate situation. You that love it, you can have the country. Some of us have moved on.

Good Luck to Nigeria.

Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by Captain0xff: 2:21pm On Jan 03
ok
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by erico2k2(m): 3:31pm On Jan 03
lokoloko84:
you are blind and delusional.
I was at this point you realised you lost the argument.as U came with nothing new..
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by Nosagodsonworld: 4:38pm On Jan 03
SensetionalGoal:

The money meant for them will now be channel to private pockets that is my problem

Sir, the Professional bodies are playing fraudulent acts How can FG give a body like 1BN and at the end of the year the(Body) will remit 200MN Where are the rest money? Upon the dues, exam fees, etc. collected.

Like COREN, only one annual meeting for a year with no research. Then the budget is gone like that?

We don't av to quarrel ourselves or blame Tinubu too much, Buhari Government proposed this budget issue last year if I'm to be corrected.
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by toni68: 4:52pm On Jan 03
lokoloko84:
you don't know what you are talking about.
Do you know the roles these professional bodies play in Nigeria.
Take PCN for example,that body regulate pharmacy schools,the number of students to be admitted in pharmacy schools, license of pharmacists after graduation with yearly fees to continue to practice legally.This body also license pharmaceutical companies, community pharmacies, drug distribution, control and sales of drugs and consumables generally. These are just a few roles, it plays
Mind you the number of persons working in this council is not even enough to work effectively.
What will the council do? Increase fees across board to work effectively with the pharmacists having greater control of their profession.
Let me see how the government will direct NMA on the type of lecturers who will work in medical schools or the number of students to be admitted yearly in these schools.
Expect high costs of medical services in this country in the next few years.
I can't really say much about other sectors involved.
The Government mixed up regulatory with Professional bodies to deceive Nigerians and claim they saved 27 billion Naira in the new budget...... To be sincere how many government agencies can self fund themselves and carry out their core mandate? Very fews, Akabueze has been on this matter for year as if the Regulatory Agencies are a threat to his life. Look at the media blitz that covered the story with him smiling. He has succeed in compromising the core values of these regulatory agencies..... To set standards for health care for Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by BALLOSKI: 7:40am On Jan 04
Janecorep:

Locate, Monitor & Control your vehicle 24/7 with your phone, tablet & PC.

Protect your vehicles with the latest, advanced and effective technology and experience peace of mind by knowing the real time location of your vehicle at all time.

Listen to voice conversation going on in your vehicle remotely from your phone in real time and plan your next move irrespective of the distance.

Take 100% control of your car at all time. Stop and Resume your car engine from anywhere you are when neccessary.

[b]FOR CAR TRACKER INSTALLATION PLS GIVE US A CALL[b]INSTALLTION TAKES LESS THAN 30 MINUTE[/color]
Do you do this on trucks?
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by erico2k2(m): 11:57am On Jan 04
lokoloko84:
Cashing out in what sense?
The current monies they generate go to the government yearly in the form of remittance by "remita" where the government will in turn budget their yearly amount as expenses in the form of running costs and capital expenditure.
Take the health sector for example. These professional bodies determine how many students will be admitted to medical schools, accreditation of medical schools to meet certain standards, monitoring of health facilities and professionals against quackery and sub standards structures, licensing of these facilities and health care providers against illegal practice and many more.
These bodies will simply increase fees at all levels and tighten the grip against government interference in their profession.
These professional bodies will be the biggest winner in the long run since the professionals will want to protect their space but the citizens will be the biggest losers in the long run.

The money going back to government is like saying the Money customs generate goes back to the government, DOES IT?
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by erico2k2(m): 12:01pm On Jan 04
Nosagodsonworld:

Sir, the Professional bodies are playing fraudulent acts How can FG give a body like 1BN and at the end of the year the(Body) will remit 200MN Where are the rest money? Upon the dues, exam fees, etc. collected.

Like COREN, only one annual meeting for a year with no research. Then the budget is gone like that?

We don't av to quarrel ourselves or blame Tinubu too much, Buhari Government proposed this budget issue last year if I'm to be corrected.
Well said, I say Scrap em all. ON here I have realised people still do not get it. The Regulatory bodies are left and spared, just the professional bodies which by the way charge its members to write an exam or yearly subscription. There is no requirement to join these and also there could be more than 10 professional body for the same profession.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Is Confused, It Wants To Be Co-executive With The Presidency – Sagay / Oshiomhole, APC NWC Meet APC House Of Representatives Caucus (Photos) / Atiku Congratulates Super Eagles As They Qualify For Quarter-finals AFCON 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.