Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,413 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations (19990 Views)

Budgetary Allocations For The Presidential Air Fleet In 13 Years / FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils / FG Excludes Lagos, Borno, Delta From Cash Transfer As N/W Gets Biggest Share (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by lokoloko84(m): 12:00pm On Jan 03
erico2k2:

Stop talking outta ur backside, I live in a develop country and the government do not fund pro bodies, they survive by donations and thier real JOB
you don't know what you are talking about.
Do you know the roles these professional bodies play in Nigeria.
Take PCN for example,that body regulate pharmacy schools,the number of students to be admitted in pharmacy schools, license of pharmacists after graduation with yearly fees to continue to practice legally.This body also license pharmaceutical companies, community pharmacies, drug distribution, control and sales of drugs and consumables generally. These are just a few roles, it plays
Mind you the number of persons working in this council is not even enough to work effectively.
What will the council do? Increase fees across board to work effectively with the pharmacists having greater control of their profession.
Let me see how the government will direct NMA on the type of lecturers who will work in medical schools or the number of students to be admitted yearly in these schools.
Expect high costs of medical services in this country in the next few years.
I can't really say much about other sectors involved.
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by 3ice9ce: 12:03pm On Jan 03
lokoloko84:
Nigerians are daft. Look at them supporting rubbish.
How can you defund regulatory agencies whose role is to regulate professional bodies to achieve a sane environment within critical sectors of the economy.
Even developed countries have so many regulatory agencies which not only create jobs but also create effective improvement among the sectors being controlled by these professionals bodies.
Imagine saying health professional bodies will not be funded by the state and yet,the government will want to expert control on how the health sector will be run effectively.
Okay!

You haven't started crying yet. Wait till they implement Orosanye report by merging MDAs.
Maybe you will have convulsions by then. grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by erico2k2(m): 12:09pm On Jan 03
lokoloko84:
you don't know what you are talking about.
Do you know the roles these professional bodies play in Nigeria.
Take PCN for example,that body regulate pharmacy schools,the number of students to be admitted in pharmacy schools, license of pharmacists after graduation with yearly fees to continue to practice legally.This body also license pharmaceutical companies, community pharmacies, drug distribution, control and sales of drugs and consumables generally. These are just a few roles, it plays
Mind you the number of persons working in this council is not even enough to work effectively.
What will the council do? Increase fees across board to work effectively with the pharmacists having greater control of their profession.
Let me see how the government will direct NMA on the type of lecturers who will work in medical schools or the number of students to be admitted yearly in these schools.
Expect high costs of medical services in this country in the next few years.
I can't really say much about other sectors involved.
ALl these long epistles you are writing are baseless, I only responded to the bit where you say NGO in the west are funded by Government the answer is no.if they have a project they get funded with a GRANT, they do not have yearly budget from the government. Anything the requires approval by law would be charged by them.So things like NUT funded by the FG is legit right? even though they charge teachers monthly?

1 Like

Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by lokoloko84(m): 12:15pm On Jan 03
3ice9ce:

You haven't started crying yet. Wait till they implement Orosanye report by merging MDAs.
Maybe you will have convulsions by then. grin
Don't be stupid. I work in the health sector and I know how much I pay yearly as license fees.
I am just looking at things in proper perspectives.
Let the government stop funding professionals bodies in the health sector and let see the implications of these in the long run.
The professionals under the auspices of these professional bodies will bear the brunt in form of increase in fees before and after graduation.
This will be be good for these professionals but the people will be the biggest loser in the long run.
A pharmaceutical company in Nigeria pay 5 million annually to continue to do business to PCN.
But in order to generate revenue to keep its operation working,PCN will simply increase the fees of these companies who will in turn increase the price of goods and services to the final consumers.
By the time you pay close to a million Naira to induct one of your family members after medical school, your eyes will clear.
It is common sense.

1 Like

Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by dfrost: 12:15pm On Jan 03
lokoloko84:
Nigerians are daft. Look at them supporting rubbish.
How can you defund regulatory agencies whose role is to regulate professional bodies to achieve a sane environment within critical sectors of the economy.
Even developed countries have so many regulatory agencies which not only create jobs but also create effective improvement among the sectors being controlled by these professionals bodies.
Imagine saying health professional bodies will not be funded by the state and yet,the government will want to expert control on how the health sector will be run effectively.
Okay!

You seem learned but then you use invectives to pass your message.

I for one support this move. The memo is for professional bodies, not regulatory.

Professional body = Computer Professionals (Registration Council) of Nigeria (CPN)

Regulatory body = NAFDAC

I belong to 4 professional bodies (2 local, 2 international) and honestly the local bodies have not helped me in any way. Innovation = 0.

1 Like

Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by erico2k2(m): 12:21pm On Jan 03
nairalanda1:

Legal aid is not a professional body..ie professional body that issues licences for practicing the profession they are organised to regulate.

It's a different type of body, but then again, gofment might look into it.
You again, I will repeat what I said to you last time, If you do not know the meaning of something ask and you would be explained to and you can then be well informed to make a better argument amongst your peers. Look how you just embarrassed yourself right now.

For the benefit for others who want to learn,
Definition: Legal aid involves providing assistance to people who lack the financial means to hire a lawyer or access the court system. It aims to uphold equality before the law, the right to counsel, and the right to a fair trial
My friend up there is talking bout regulate and licence.
I hope from this brief explanation you can now understand why I said scraap legal aid untill such time when it can be well applied.
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by erico2k2(m): 12:22pm On Jan 03
dfrost:

I for one support this move. The memo is for professional bodies, not regulatory.

Professional body = Computer Professionals (Registration Council) of Nigeria (CPN)

Regulatory body = NAFDAC

I belong to 4 professional bodies (2 local, 2 international) and honestly the local bodies have not helped me in any way. Innovation = 0.
Oh great someone who has a working brain here, kudos.
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by lokoloko84(m): 12:25pm On Jan 03
dfrost:

Regulatory body = NAFDAC

I am looking at things based on my discipline.
Role of NAFDAC is limited in regulating drugs and consumables.
Do you know the roles professional bodies like MDCN and PCN play in regulating their profession?
Okay.
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by lokoloko84(m): 12:28pm On Jan 03
erico2k2:

ALl these long epistles you are writing are baseless, I only responded to the bit where you say NGO in the west are funded by Government the answer is no.if they have a project they get funded with a GRANT, they do not have yearly budget from the government. Anything the requires approval by law would be charged by them.So things like NUT funded by the FG is legit right? even though they charge teachers monthly?
That is your delusions.
Like I typed earlier,good for the professional bodies but the public will bear the brunt at the end of the day. We shall be here.
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by dfrost: 12:29pm On Jan 03
lokoloko84:
Do you know the roles professional bodies like MDCN and PCN play in regulating their profession?
Okay.

Okay, I understand you but then if government provides funding, will they publish the financial statements?

We act anyhow in this part of the world. Maybe, we do a case by case basis.
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by dfrost: 12:30pm On Jan 03
erico2k2:

Oh great someone who has a working brain here, kudos.

erico lemme ooh 🤣
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by Judolisco(m): 12:35pm On Jan 03
lokoloko84:
Cashing out in what sense?
The current monies they generate go to the government yearly in the form of remittance by "remita" where the government will in turn budget their yearly amount as expenses in the form of running costs and capital expenditure.
Take the health sector for example. These professional bodies determine how many students will be admitted to medical schools, accreditation of medical schools to meet certain standards, monitoring of health facilities and professionals against quackery and sub standards structures, licensing of these facilities and health care providers against illegal practice and many more.
These bodies will simply increase fees at all levels and tighten the grip against government interference in their profession.
These professional bodies will be the biggest winner in the long run since the professionals will want to protect their space but the citizens will be the biggest losers in the long run.

now d money won't go to d federal government anymore... They'll be independent... I grab d point that they'll increase their registration fees and all... On a serious note they're really cashing out not all of them are using d remita system... I knw about d environmental health council own... All d money we paid back then was jst normal transfer or cash, even up till now they don't have a payment portal online.... Now look at all d sch of health technology and some universities offering environmental health science in Nigeria, they must register all their students with d council... D university I graduated from d money we paid back them was almost 160k to d council, so most of them r cashing out big time
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by FLYFIRE(m): 12:36pm On Jan 03
Excludes professional bodies when he CREATED NEW parastatals.

You can only deceive your types
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by erico2k2(m): 12:38pm On Jan 03
lokoloko84:
That is your delusions.
Like I typed earlier,good for the professional bodies but the public will bear the brunt at the end of the day. We shall be here.
You still do not get it,dfrost gave a clear explanation of what a professional body is and a regulatory body. FG is stopping funding for Professional bodies not Regulatory bodies, get it right!
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by erico2k2(m): 12:40pm On Jan 03
lokoloko84:
Okay.

Now this is your delusions.
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by lokoloko84(m): 12:44pm On Jan 03
erico2k2:

You still do not get it,dfrost gave a clear explanation of what a professional body is and a regulatory body. FG is stopping funding for Professional bodies not Regulatory bodies, get it right!
My friend,you don't know what you talking about.
I gave you a clear role PCN and MDCN play both stopped from recieving funding from the government , yet you are here displaying your ignorance.
Go and do your research.
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by lokoloko84(m): 12:46pm On Jan 03
erico2k2:

Now this is your delusions.
You are the delusional one.
Imagine stopping medical councils from receiving funding from the government.
Most of you are myopic.
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by lokoloko84(m): 12:52pm On Jan 03
Judolisco:
now d money won't go to d federal government anymore... They'll be independent... I grab d point that they'll increase their registration fees and all... On a serious note they're really cashing out not all of them are using d remita system... I knw about d environmental health council own... All d money we paid back then was jst normal transfer or cash, even up till now they don't have a payment portal online.... Now look at all d sch of health technology and some universities offering environmental health science in Nigeria, they must register all their students with d council... D university I graduated from d money we paid back them was almost 160k to d council, so most of them r cashing out big time
Well, I really don't know about your profession but in my discipline anything related to payment in done on remita and this goes to the government.
Like I typed earlier,the professionals under these bodies will take control of their profession with minimal government interference which will be good for them in a major way but the populace will still bear the brunt in certain ways.

1 Like

Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by lokoloko84(m): 12:57pm On Jan 03
dfrost:

Okay, I understand you but then if government provides funding, will they publish the financial statements?

well the funding by the government is not even enough in the first place despite perceived corruption in certain quarters.
To me,the only good thing about this is that,these bodies will be accountable to their subjects which will in turn lead to effectiveness of these bodies in performing their roles with minimum government control.
But leaving the government out of their business do not make sense.
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by erico2k2(m): 12:59pm On Jan 03
lokoloko84:
You are the delusional one.
Imagine stopping medical councils from receiving funding from the government.
Most of you are myopic.
WHy are you locked up in this way and you are even calling people miopic.
Medical and Dental council of Nigeria is a regulatory Body, they are not a professional body so this news has nothing to do with them no one is shutting them down, how is this hard for you to understand and comprehend
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by Decentlyproud(m): 1:00pm On Jan 03
Honestly,seeing some comments above make me wonder.

One of the effects of this is that licensing or subscription or exam fee would be increased by these bodies.

PressMyButton:

Scrap professional bodies?, pls don't tell me you went to school.

1 Like

Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by lokoloko84(m): 1:00pm On Jan 03
erico2k2:

WHy are you locked up in this way and you are even calling people miopic.
Medical and Dental council of Nigeria is a regulatory Body, they are not a professional body so this news has nothing to do with them no one is shutting them down, how is this hard for you to understand and comprehend
Go and check the list again and stop parroting.
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by erico2k2(m): 1:01pm On Jan 03
dfrost:

Look at Legal aid, have you know FG to provide lawyer to anyone to go to court in NIgeria personally?
I bet you the aid money runs into billions.
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by nairalanda1(m): 1:05pm On Jan 03
erico2k2:

You again, I will repeat what I said to you last time, If you do not know the meaning of something ask and you would be explained to and you can then be well informed to make a better argument amongst your peers. Look how you just embarrassed yourself right now.

For the benefit for others who want to learn,
Definition: Legal aid involves providing assistance to people who lack the financial means to hire a lawyer or access the court system. It aims to uphold equality before the law, the right to counsel, and the right to a fair trial
My friend up there is talking bout regulate and licence.
I hope from this brief explanation you can now understand why I said scraap legal aid untill such time when it can be well applied.

Well, legal aid does not register or regulate the profession of law in the country.

Hence it won't be considered for defunding under the report

Anyways, good morning. I am not in the mood for circular arguments today. cheesy
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by erico2k2(m): 1:06pm On Jan 03
lokoloko84:
Go and check the list again and stop parroting.
I have just checked, they are Regulated by the NMA(Nigeria Medical Association) so the FG was right scrap funding for them too
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by erico2k2(m): 1:08pm On Jan 03
nairalanda1:

Well, legal aid does not register or regulate the profession of law in the country.

Hence it won't be considered for defunding under the report

Anyways, good morning. I am not in the mood for circular arguments today. cheesy
Neither do i, however Legal Aid is not an office or an Entity, its just a term used to qualify monies paid to any lawyer to stand in court for those who cannot pay for one. The real question is, what ministry finances this aid
Answer, Ministry of Justice?
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by erico2k2(m): 1:09pm On Jan 03
Decentlyproud:
Honestly,seeing some comments above make me wonder.

One of the effects of this is that licensing or subscription or exam fee would be increased by these bodies.

Well, are professional bodies not optional? must you join?
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by dfrost: 1:19pm On Jan 03
erico2k2:

Look at Legal aid, have you know FG to provide lawyer to anyone to go to court in NIgeria personally?
I bet you the aid money runs into billions.

It's really mind boggling. Like I said, accountability is lacking.

If I tell you the amount of money my association wasted on a building they've not moved into, your mouth won't close.🥴😠😤
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by erico2k2(m): 1:22pm On Jan 03
dfrost:

It's really mind boggling. Like I said, accountability is lacking.

If I tell you the amount of money my association wasted on a building they've not moved into, your mouth won't close.🥴😠😤
I know right, ICAN is another one lol the amount they charge, My Dad and other broke out and formed ane years back. talking bout this lol My Mrs are pushing forward NASHCO lol I will have to tell her the news. grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by dfrost: 1:31pm On Jan 03
erico2k2:

I know right, ICAN is another one lol the amount they charge, My Dad and other broke out and formed ane years back. talking bout this lol My Mrs are pushing forward NASHCO lol I will have to tell her the news. grin grin grin grin

🤣😂 Tell your Mrs. But for ICAN, I still give them a big kudos honestly. They are doing well.
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by erico2k2(m): 1:35pm On Jan 03
dfrost:

🤣😂 Tell your Mrs. But for ICAN, I still give them a big kudos honestly. They are doing well.
yep, they been about for ages. Them lot on that list should follow. Suit and do one. ahahah
Re: FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations by eteebanky1: 1:36pm On Jan 03
It'll be so unwise, if Tinubu exclude examination Bodies like NECO, WAEC and JAMB from the 2024 budget

We don't want to be paying #50,000 for just WAEC examination please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aminu Tambuwal And Other Northern Governors Pose For A Shot At Sokoto Airport / Governor Wike Visits Fruit Market Gutted By Fire, Promises To Rebuild It / Thousands Of APC Members Decamp To PDP In Orhionmwon LGA, Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.