Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,399 members, 7,819,422 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Government Should Tax Mansion Owners In SE To Raise IGR - Fmr Ogun State Gov. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Government Should Tax Mansion Owners In SE To Raise IGR - Fmr Ogun State Gov. (2589 Views)

Mansions In Southeast And Many Parts Of The Country Should Be Taxed - Fmr Ogun G / Should Tax Fro Other A Southern State Be Shared To A Northern State When Oil Fin / Amotekun: A Call For SE To Adopt Enugu Forest Guards Model For Regional Security (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government Should Tax Mansion Owners In SE To Raise IGR - Fmr Ogun State Gov. by OloYeOfEgbE: 6:16am On Jan 03
Max24:
Fake news from the stables of Ip.ob. Yoruba leaders have become the objects of propaganda of Ipob to curry Tinubu's attention. Why can't they focus on their Agulu made messiah instead of Tinubu and his friends? Evidence of failures.

We don't expect Benin Republic to give refugees and slaves Television.. Enjoy your pitiful plight

Hahahahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government Should Tax Mansion Owners In SE To Raise IGR - Fmr Ogun State Gov. by Tap0lane: 6:38am On Jan 03
What is there in the video ?
The only thing you can pick with your dead head from all he disclosed. You ignore the inclusion of himself, houses in the UK. When he talked about state governor collecting taxes will Ogun state governor go to SE to collect taxes of the mansions there

kettykin:

Try and watch the video, Egetwhy
Re: Government Should Tax Mansion Owners In SE To Raise IGR - Fmr Ogun State Gov. by TokunboCarsOnly: 6:45am On Jan 03
Do you know my worry for these people, they pretend about their hate for Igbos but at a point they are not able to hide it.

I know one of them who stays on my street. Mere looking at him you will know he is evil and a wicked soul but pretends in their usual way. Yet a minister in RCCG.

During the election he confided in some people that if Tinubu does not win the election, that he will personally lead the attack on Igbos on our street. That he will be pointing houses where Igbos are living to the assistants.

I still greet him and act like I don't know about his plans for Igbos in the street o. Yorubas are evil people. Their hate for the Igbos is their greatest undoing. Very wicked race.

3 Likes

Re: Government Should Tax Mansion Owners In SE To Raise IGR - Fmr Ogun State Gov. by Tochi3(m): 6:47am On Jan 03
Raskimonojendor:

Well. Thanks for acknowledging that he mentioned other parts of the country. cool
Afterall, na the state government go collect the IGR and not federal.
..why did he not mention SW first before saying other parts of the country..charity they say begins at home...the fact that he said SE first & later other parts as after thought is really scary ..

Is it that the SW where he comes from cannot be used first as an example

Is it that the SW where he hails from don't have mansions.. what did this thing say when mansions were been bulldozed in Lagos under the pretext of regulations

..this is scary... the hatred & jealousy just dey ooze out like Tsunami..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Should Tax Mansion Owners In SE To Raise IGR - Fmr Ogun State Gov. by Bulldozer90: 6:57am On Jan 03
Tap0lane:
What is there in the video ?
The only thing you can pick with your dead head from all he disclosed. You ignore the inclusion of himself, houses in the UK. When he talked about state governor collecting taxes will Ogun state governor go to SE to collect taxes of the mansions there

your politicians in the southwest have become audacious in corruption.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Should Tax Mansion Owners In SE To Raise IGR - Fmr Ogun State Gov. by Cooletempa: 6:59am On Jan 03
hammerFC:

TINUBU SHOULD DEMOLISH ALL THE HOUSES IN LAGOS, WE WILL HELP DEMOLISH NIGERIA.

TO YOUR TENT O ISRAEL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKre98iIHls

Just hurry up and get your Biafra. Empty lying noise makers. You people should just go.
Re: Government Should Tax Mansion Owners In SE To Raise IGR - Fmr Ogun State Gov. by Tap0lane: 7:04am On Jan 03
And this is coming from lunatics ruled by the likes of the Pandora Criminal Peter Obi who steal ₦250 million monthly with his convoy.

Make I never talk about Theodore Orji Kalu Orji Ikpeazu eyc

Bulldozer90:
your politicians in the southwest have become audacious in corruption.
Re: Government Should Tax Mansion Owners In SE To Raise IGR - Fmr Ogun State Gov. by OlujobaSamuel: 7:04am On Jan 03
Tranquill:

SE has low IGR so it will help the State governments increase their revenue.

The man even referred to himself as among those that should be taxed more.

Why do you people just like to create issues out of nothing?
I'm surprised at people's reaction oo, state determines property tax and it goes to them 100%, so why are people angry?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Should Tax Mansion Owners In SE To Raise IGR - Fmr Ogun State Gov. by Ola9ja23: 7:23am On Jan 03
Tranquill:
He did not only suggest SE but all parts of the country including himself.

He is suggesting that the government especially at the State level should look for a way to tax rich people like himself more, like it is done in most developed nations.

Why not allow the headless mobs of IPOBidients to wail and cry for us 😄😀

It's the only thing they know how to do

How many mansions are the tiny dot in a circle republic compare to Lagos, Abuja, Rivers, Ibadan, Kano etc

This dot in a circle and their self deceit

1 Like

Re: Government Should Tax Mansion Owners In SE To Raise IGR - Fmr Ogun State Gov. by Tunde835(m): 7:29am On Jan 03
Ogun state has way more majestic buildings.
Re: Government Should Tax Mansion Owners In SE To Raise IGR - Fmr Ogun State Gov. by Waterysperm: 7:38am On Jan 03
Tunde835:
Ogun state has way more majestic buildings.
Continue deceiving yourself, Ode.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Should Tax Mansion Owners In SE To Raise IGR - Fmr Ogun State Gov. by Tunde835(m): 7:52am On Jan 03
Waterysperm:

Continue deceiving yourself, Ode.
I don't live too far from Ogun state they have estates there. Even one i know of not too far from my area is one estate with majestic buildings.

1 Like

Re: Government Should Tax Mansion Owners In SE To Raise IGR - Fmr Ogun State Gov. by Bulldozer90: 8:13am On Jan 03
Tap0lane:
And this is coming from lunatics ruled by the likes of the Pandora Criminal Peter Obi who steal ₦250 million monthly with his convoy.

Make I never talk about Theodore Orji Kalu Orji Ikpeazu eyc

e pain am. At least, we are not the ones living like swines in Ibadan, Osobo etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Should Tax Mansion Owners In SE To Raise IGR - Fmr Ogun State Gov. by Tap0lane: 8:19am On Jan 03
Same places you will be escaping to in various Ekene dilichukwu GIG Peace Agufore Ifesinachi Okeson GUO Young Shall Grow etc just so you can slave your wretched souls away to feed the pigs back in Ipobland. The joke bro is indeed on your foolish Igbo head.

Bulldozer90:
e pain am. At least, we are not the ones living like swines in Ibadan, Osobo etc
Re: Government Should Tax Mansion Owners In SE To Raise IGR - Fmr Ogun State Gov. by 489akinrinnola: 8:20am On Jan 03
Fulanis, political ones like buhari and killer ones like herdsmen tried more than these, but they all retreat in shame....These miscreants too will fail.Fulanis, political ones like buhari and killer ones like herdsmen tried more than these, but they all retreat in shame....These miscreants too will fail....

1 Like

Re: Government Should Tax Mansion Owners In SE To Raise IGR - Fmr Ogun State Gov. by nonhuman(m): 8:24am On Jan 03
hammerFC:

IGBO DONT LISTEN TO YORUBA.

THAT IS Y NO MANSIONS IN SW VILLAGE, DEY WILL SIMPLY KILL YOU OUT OF ENVY AND JEALOUSY.
those devils are too envious of good things and good living

2 Likes

Re: Government Should Tax Mansion Owners In SE To Raise IGR - Fmr Ogun State Gov. by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 8:51am On Jan 03
AcuraZDX:
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Igbos go give plenty people high BP.

Whilst the urchinsss are on Nairaland hating, their elites have agreed that there are lots of mansions in the southeast.

So senseless.

1 Like

Re: Government Should Tax Mansion Owners In SE To Raise IGR - Fmr Ogun State Gov. by CrossRhodes: 9:10am On Jan 03
They should send their tax collectors to come na....
ESN go use dem for suya as na Igbo properties dey enter their eyes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Should Tax Mansion Owners In SE To Raise IGR - Fmr Ogun State Gov. by darealez(m): 9:18am On Jan 03
orohbirodeysmel:
Okay, I thought they are comfortable living in their brown roofs. They said they are relics of their sophistication from time in memorial...

How come they are now jealous of mansions in the South East.
Ever being to Ibadan? Yes, I meant the citadel of brown roofs? So beautiful! I can simply condemn that one man, without pulling the brown roofs into this... We could also move to areas with massive buildings...
Re: Government Should Tax Mansion Owners In SE To Raise IGR - Fmr Ogun State Gov. by Obaofpigs: 2:32pm On Jan 03
grin
Re: Government Should Tax Mansion Owners In SE To Raise IGR - Fmr Ogun State Gov. by Zool6: 11:29pm On Jan 03
Listened to the full interview the old man is talking about hardship and naira scarcity when he suddenly divert into taxing Igbo mansions ,,,Anambra is ranked number one state easy of doing business among all southern states Anambra have more market than all south west pur together u can Google list of markets in ANAMBRA state alone if the state is realy serious about increasing her IGR only Lagos may generate more IGR than Anambra ,,,,u can ask an Igboman who built a Massimo in his family land in his own village to start paying tax it's more like abomination in Igboland excess taxing is south west thing

Mansion in south east is entering people eye iis a cultural thing

quote author=Tranquill post=127751367]

SE has low IGR so it will help the State governments increase their revenue.

The man even referred to himself as among those that should be taxed more.

Why do you people just like to create issues out of nothing?
[/quote]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Support A State-of-emergency In Port Harcourt? / Nigeria Break Up Imminent / Sambo Denies Reported Rift With Jonathan !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.