Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,191 members, 7,815,155 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria (4132 Views)

Gov Alia Set To Deliver The Largest Fly-over Connecting North To South [photos] / Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group / Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by OROSUNBOLB(m): 5:37pm On Jan 03
eagleu:

You know what they say, people without genuine points to make resort to other forms of distraction, such as insult, name calling, etc, just so that they they dont address the real issue on the table.
A childish tantrum will not suddenly make you appear reasonable and smart.
Address the issue on the ground or wait for children's play time.

Village dwelling monkey,which issue do you honestly want me to address again ? You made an unverifiable claim that your hinterland bushpeople are the most populous in Nigeria and that has been debunked already ! So, what's the need for your noise again or is it that you guys just love wailing senselessly just to gain attention ?!

There is nothing to address,Igbo are not even the second largest ethnic group in Nigeria,the results of last elections proved that already ! Your 5%ers votes are irrelevant,it can't stop anyone from becoming President of Nigeria and it will never be enough to make any Igbo President of Nigeria !

Now,crawl back into whatever primitive hole you came out from and remain dumber than you're already there,attention seeking mofo !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Pinicop(m): 5:44pm On Jan 03
Keep "thinking".

1 Like

Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Wahabfuture: 5:52pm On Jan 03
tsdarkside:

you are back....??

where have you been ondoterrorist....missed you....

I'm not ondoterrorist but I know both of you here .... anyway I'm off work and needed to recharge my battery and spend more time with my family, With all the best wishes for the New Year undecided
Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nigercity: 6:41pm On Jan 03
OROSUNBOLB:
indeginous igbos in SS/NC? You no count am
Plus the south east, is the most dense populated region in Nigeria
Don't you know that?
After Lagos
Anambra is the 2nd most dense and urbanized state in Nigeria

As for north
Every one knows igbos are more populated than Yorubas in the north
!

Everyone does not know anything, that only occurs in the figment of your own imagination! Which South East "is the most dense (densely )populated region in Nigeria" ? Is that from the bureau of Ipob statistics or something ? The Nightbuses keep bringing you in droves from your villages,your land is almost a ghost land, yet you're here contesting population with the indigenous people of your host communities across Nigeria ! Shior,why do you guys from that side like senseless dick measuring contest like your lives depend on it !

I know education seems to be a little more disappointing in South West 😜

And am very sure you don't really know they meaning of population density!
I know your type, you think you knows it all

Below is a Nigerian map showing population density, now show me any other map that says otherwise, for Christ sake! Population density is different from population, but I don't expect you to know that!
From the map, Anambra is the most dense/urbanized populated state in Nigeria after Lagos
Every other map showing population density will tell you that!
It's not landmass!
I.e Niger state is almost the same size with entire south west, but Lagos alone is more dense populated than entire Niger state!
For you to say south east is a ghost town, meanwhile it's the most dense populated region in the country (and that's why there people migrate) so for you to assume it's empty is either your, ignorance, illiteracy or both! check the map below if you have any data that counters it bring it out!

Now taking about South South, the Igbos (Aniomas) alone covers the entire delta north, the Igbos in rivers state (excluding ikwerres) i.e ASA, etche, ndoki ohaji, omuma,e.t.c are still large in there numbers!, Igbanke too is in Edo state, izza in cross River state, and ohabuo in akwaibom state!

In north central go to YouTube and watch videos and directions to Igbo communities carved into Benue, and kogi States so for you to think igbos ends in South East is another ignorance and illiteracy on your side sir
Even you personally, in your village Igbos plenty die unless your place is unresourceful!

Am only reply you
Cause we are having a civic conversation, check.. am not replying anybody without tangible facts! Once you start throwing insult, or start getting emotional! I stop replying you

2 Likes

Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by LifeofDream: 6:56pm On Jan 03
PHIPEX:
Did you say Rubbish?? Russia 17k square km, US 9k,China 9k, India 3k whatsbthe difference? Yes not more than but almost same. What has that got to with China alone having 10x the population of Russia.

Will it make sense to you when the world's population is being discussed and Russia will start talking of their landmass?
Stop justifying nonsense you wrote...
Russia is not even larger than China and US combine, stop throwing numbers around if you cannot back it up..

Also China did not have 10x Russia population, stop writing nonsense... shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nigercity: 7:05pm On Jan 03
Efewestern:

Efik/Ibibio are the largest in South South. The Ijaws should follow. I once debated the Ijaw strength, but I think they have the numbers (Although concentrated in a given location).

Also the population of South West is diverse and you can't easily pinpoint the second largest group outside Yoruba. Igbos tail Yoruba in Lagos, but not other states. In Ondo, the Urhobos are far more in numbers outside the aboriginals. In Ogun they have a threatening Igalla population and some other minorities from the North central that are into farming.

There's a lot about Nigerian ethnicities and their migratory movements. In Delta state (Warri axis) The Esans/Afemai/Bini tails the aboriginals when it comes to population strength i.e, these Edoid groups move more in their numbers to Warri than they do to Akure or Onitsha. In Aba, you have a strong Ibibio population, and sincerely, they should be the second largest group in Abia.

In all, you can find a group of people in their numbers in State A, but not necessarily in State B. Also, no ethnic group in the present day South South outnumbers the Efik/Ibibio. Not the Edoids, not the Igboids and definitely not the Ijoids.
Efik/Ibibio if grouped as one, will be second after the igbos, unless your are trying to leave in denial!
In delta Anioma covers the entire delta north, and extend to Edo!
In awka ibom there is ndoki, in cross River there's izza (you have YouTube, search about them, you will see them crying about marginalization ) in rivers state, excluding ikwerres the other igbos speaking part (ndoki, etche, omuma e.t.c) are actually they largest group followed by ijaw
So how do you come to the assertion that Efik/ Ibibio are more populated than igbos in South South? Let's not add the millions of South East igbos that migrated to rivers state, Bayesla e.t.c

In Abia state! Only ABA and it metropolis has a strong Efik/Ibibio presence not the entire Abia state as you wrongly claimed!
Also excluding igbos from south west expect Lagos is just the height of denial am surprised at!
In Ibadan after Yoruba nah igbos,(infant igbos are plenty in Ibadan to the extent Igbo language is being offered in uni ibandan, like it's done in unilag) same thing goes to Ogun from mowe,ota to Abeokuta e.t.c
In Akure it's still the same thing!
There's no way igalas will be more populated in Ogun than igbos,
Me and you know this ota Sango mowe alone can boost of millions of Igbos,

2 Likes

Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by PHIPEX(m): 7:20pm On Jan 03
LifeofDream:

Stop justifying nonsense you wrote...
Russia is not even larger than China and US combine, stop throwing numbers around if you cannot back it up..

Also China did not have 10x Russia population, stop writing nonsense... shocked
You keep arguing like an illiterate. China is about 1.4billion while Russia is 144million. You think going to school is about speaking English and arguing on emotions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by OROSUNBOLB(m): 7:22pm On Jan 03
Nigercity:

Below is a Nigerian map showing population density, now show me any other map that says otherwise, for Christ sake! Population density is different from population, but I don't expect you to know that!
From the map, Anambra is the most dense/urbanized populated state in Nigeria after Lagos
It's not landmass!
I.e Niger state is almost the same size with entire south west, but Lagos is more dense populated!

Am only reply you
Cause we are having a civic conversation, check.. am not replying anybody without tangible facts! Once you start throwing insult, or start getting emotional! I stop replying you

Mr Education,why is it difficult for you to construct a simple,correct and acceptable sentence in English language ? It's not as if it is even compulsory that you express whatever crappy gibberish you may want to utter in English language;you can do it in your native Abakaliki's tongue ! Your teachers in whatever mushroom school you attended must be very sad and embarrassed if anyone of them has an opportunity to see the totally incomprehensible gibberish you labored so hard to type up there ! Whatever your father spent on you to educate you is a waste,trust me !

Now,go over the nonsense you typed up there and read through,very slowly,is that what you call education ? Before you begin to act like a Professor of Geography from Havard,I think it is very important for you to start learning basic English language rules and grammatical usage ! You don't need to embarrass your father any further,enough damage is done already, by even making another attempt to respond in English language. You can type in Igbo,I'll use Google translator to do the needful. Your English is awful !

Sincerely,I shouldn't be doing this needless back and forth with an obvious "olodo" like you;it's belittling! Only if you'll take my advice, you need to get your priority right as soon as possible by enrolling in a decent secondary school to retake your English language ! Trust me,you need to do that urgently as a JSS 3 student in a public secondary school anywhere in the South West will do better than you're currently doing ! Enrolling in a good secondary school should be your priority not forming one empty Proffesor of Geography on Nairaland ! Since education or lack of it is your problem,it will only be okay if some clarification is made for you as thus :

Gaza strip (Middle East) has a landmass of 365 square kilometers and about 2 million people. It is regarded as one of the most densely populated area in the world ! Do you know why a mere pouplation of 2 million look like it is in the excess of 20 million people on that land ? Now,use your head : yes,it is because the landmass of Gaza is very small ! The same thing is applicable to you and that was why I cited Oyo state as an example. Oyo state alone is almost equal in size to all the South East States combined - Anambra,Imo,Enugu,Ebonyi and Abia ! That's why a few hundred people on your tiny land seem like a crowld already ! Igbo land is tiny,you don't have space/land !

You won't get a response from me again as I have had enough of mental torturing while trying to make sense of the incomprehensible gibberish you've been bombading me with !

Chinedu,go back to school,my honest advice !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Efewestern: 8:26pm On Jan 03
Nigercity:

Efik/Ibibio if grouped as one, will be second after the igbos, unless your are trying to leave in denial!
In awka ibom there is ndoki, in cross River there's izza (you have YouTube, search about them, you will see them crying about marginalization ) in rivers state, excluding ikwerres the other igbos speaking part (ndoki, etche, omuma e.t.c) are actually they largest group followed by ijaw
So how do you come to the assertion that Efik/ Ibibio are more populated than igbos in South South? Let's not add the millions of South East igbos that migrated to rivers state, Bayesla e.t.c

In Abia state! Only ABA and it metropolis has a strong Efik/Ibibio presence not the entire Abia state as you wrongly claimed!
Also excluding igbos from south west expect Lagos is just the height of denial am surprised at!
In Ibadan after Yoruba nah igbos,(infant igbos are plenty in Ibadan to the extent Igbo language is being offered in uni ibandan, like it's done in unilag) same thing goes to Ogun from mowe,ota to Abeokuta e.t.c

Efik/Ibibio is the largest ethnic group in the South South. They occupy two states. Let's take a look at the 2006 data and when discussing with me, don't just pull millions from your anus. Millions in ota Sango mowe? Bayelsa? What's the population of these places to start with?

2006 census
Rivers state (multi ethnic) - 5.1m
Delta state (Multi ethnic) - 4.1m
Akwa Ibom (Efik-ibibio) - 3.9m
Cross River (Efik-ibibio) - 2.9m

% of Igboids in Delta and Rivers
Rivers State (60% of 5.1m) = 3m
Delta state (35% of 4.1m) = 1.43m
Total = 4.43m.

Please note I will be ignoring the anioma villages in Edo because their population is very insignificant.

Efik-ibibio has a combined population strength in Akwa-Ibom and Cross River of 6.8m. Please don't refer me to some border communities and use that as an excuse to undermine the Population strength of Efik-ibibio. What's the population of Izza? Are they up-to 100k?

What population of Igbos are in Bayelsa? What's even the population of Bayelsa. Do you even know the population strength of the Urhobo people in the so called Bayelsa?

Again, you are pulling numbers from your anus. All stats point to the fact that Akwa-Cross holds the biggest population and strength. Not even the Edoid or Ijoid even come close. They are almost times two of every other groups.

As for South West. I will let that pass but please it will be better for you not to miseducate readers or downplay the actual numbers of groups occupying the region.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nigercity: 8:33pm On Jan 03
OROSUNBOLB:

Mr Education,why is it difficult for you to construct a simple,correct and acceptable sentence in English language ? It's not as if it is even compulsory that you express whatever crappy gibberish you may want to utter in English language;you can do it in your native Abakaliki's tongue ! Your teachers in whatever mushroom school you attended must be very sad and embarrassed if anyone of them has an opportunity to see the totally incomprehensible gibberish you labored so hard to type up there ! Whatever your father spent on you to educate you is a waste,trust me !

Now,go over the nonsense you typed up there and read through,very slowly,is that what you call education ? Before you begin to act like a Professor of Geography from Havard,I think it is very important for you to start learning basic English language rules and grammatical usage ! You don't need to embarrass your father any further,enough damage is done already, by even making another attempt to respond in English language. You can type in Igbo,I'll use Google translator to do the needful. Your English is awful !

Sincerely,I shouldn't be doing this needless back and forth with an obvious "olodo" like you;it's belittling! Only if you'll take my advice, you need to get your priority right as soon as possible by enrolling in a decent secondary school to retake your English language ! Trust me,you need to do that urgently as a JSS 3 student in a public secondary school anywhere in the South West will do better than you're currently doing ! Enrolling in a good secondary school should be your priority not forming one empty Proffesor of Geography on Nairaland ! Since education or lack of it is your problem,it will only be okay if some clarification is made for you as thus :

Gaza strip (Middle East) has a landmass of 365 square kilometers and about 2 million people. It is regarded as one of the most densely populated area in the world ! Do you know why a mere pouplation of 2 million look like it is in the excess of 20 million people on that land ? Now,use your head : yes,it is because the landmass of Gaza is very small ! The same thing is applicable to you and that was why I cited Oyo state as an example. Oyo state alone is almost equal in size to all the South East States combined - Anambra,Imo,Enugu,Ebonyi and Abia ! That's why a few hundred people on your tiny land seem like a crowld already ! Igbo land is tiny,you don't have space/land !

You won't get a response from me again as I have had enough of mental torturing while trying to make sense of the incomprehensible gibberish you've been bombading me with !

grin🤣😂😜

This guy
You are truly ignorant!
You started saying south east is not populated because it has small landmass! Forgeting Lagos is has a smaller landmass than Anambra yet heavily populated!

You even went as far as claiming south east is a ghosted place! I replied by saying south east is the most dense populated region in Nigeria

You said the info I brought was false, you called it ipob statistics grin grin
Isn't that what you said?
I showed you the Nigeria map to back up my claims, asking you to counter it
Guess what you did grin grin
You shifted the goal posts again
Shouting oyo landmass upandan

Lemme ask you
Is oyo bigger than Lagos?
But Lagos has almost ×2 oyos population!
Niger state is almost same size with south west

Same goes to south east
It's a Denes populated region, so stop bringing landmass to the subject of discussion
Anyway
Untill you learn the act of comprehension
Stop replying me

Go and eat your empty landmass in oyo😜😂🤣 grin grin

I won't reply you henceforth!

4 Likes

Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Misterone: 8:53pm On Jan 03
BossGerald:

Urhobo majority in which delta?? Self deception is a killer disease
You can take that to the bank! Urhobos are a majority in Delta

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by tsdarkside(m): 9:20pm On Jan 03
Wahabfuture:

I'm not ondoterrorist but I know both of you here .... anyway I'm off work and needed to recharge my battery and spend more time with my family, With all the best wishes for the New Year undecided

ohh fvck off....dont go all wusshy on me now because of that New Year bullshitt....
Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by LifeofDream: 10:48pm On Jan 03
PHIPEX:
You keep arguing like an illiterate. China is about 1.4billion while Russia is 144million. You think going to school is about speaking English and arguing on emotions
You're the real illiterate...
You said Russia landmass is more China US and India combine, i bring facts to rubbish the nonsense...

Now you say China is 10x the population of Russia, I also rubbish it.. The person that like your comment must be a f**l like you, illiterate feeling funky..

144*10 million is over 1.4 billion dunce..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by DaTruths: 11:23pm On Jan 03
Alexis11:

Here is the reason

Anambra = 4,844 square kilometers
Imo. = 5,530 square kilometers
Abia. = 6,320 square kilometers
Enugu. = 7,161 square kilometers
Ebonyi. = 5,670 square kilometers

Total for Igboland = 29,525 square kilometers

Oyo State = 28,454 square kilometers

What about UK?

Why isn't that the same reason? They are many foreigners there.
Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by loffyloffy: 11:59pm On Jan 03
Nigercity:

It's not landmass!
I.e Niger state is almost the same size with entire south west, but Lagos alone is more dense populated than entire Niger state!
For you to say south east is a ghost town, meanwhile it's the most dense populated region in the country (and that's why there people migrate) so for you to assume it's empty is either your, ignorance, illiteracy or both! check the map below if you have any data that counters it bring it out!

Now taking about South South, the Igbos (Aniomas) alone covers the entire delta north, the Igbos in rivers state (excluding ikwerres) i.e ASA, etche, ndoki ohaji, omuma,e.t.c are still large in there numbers!, Igbanke too is in Edo state, izza in cross River state, and ohabuo in akwaibom state!

In north central go to YouTube and watch videos and directions to Igbo communities carved into Benue, and kogi States so for you to think igbos ends in South East is another ignorance and illiteracy on your side sir
Even you personally, in your village Igbos plenty die unless your place is unresourceful!

Am only reply you

Bros..You are only seeing things from one of view..and misintrepreting Data ..which to me is leading to your confusion.

Yes the population in SE is dense..but the density does not necesarily mean a larger population.

Population density is = population divided by land area...

So as long as your land area is small , you can have a higher density than a place with more population and more land area.

The SE has the least land area in all of Nigeria..Oyo state alone has more land than all of SE. So it is not surprising that the SE is more densly populated than other places with larger land area and higher population.

The Idea that Igbos are the majority in SS states is also myopic ..apart from Delta and Edo, there is no SS with a substantial indiginous Igbo comunity and they ar3 clearly in the minority in those states.

As per non indiginous Igbos while they may be higher than other none indiginous tribes in the states, they are still less than the idiginous Igbos and as a whole they are still in the minority.

Yes Igbos are many out of their states, but so too are the yorubas, hausas, fulanis, ijaws, and akwa ibom and calaba people are everywhere.They are just not as noisy as the Igbos.

In short, this thread is utter nonsense, unnecesary and untrue.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:22am On Jan 04
Nigercity:

grin🤣😂😜

This guy
You are truly ignorant!
You started saying south east is not populated because it has small landmass! Forgeting Lagos is more smaller than Anambra yet heavily populated!

You even went as far as claiming south east is a ghosted place! I replied by saying south east is the most dense populated region in Nigeria
You know said I brought my info was false, you called it ipob statistics grin grin
Isn't that what you said?
I no showed you the Nigeria map to back up my claims, asking you to counter it
Guess what you did grin grin
You shifted the goal posts again
Shouting oyo landmass upandan

Lemme ask you
Is oyo bigger than Lagos?
But Lagos has almost ×2 oyos population!
Niger state is almost same size with south west

Same goes to south east
It's a Denes populated region, so stop bringing landmass to the subject of discussion
Anyway
Untill you learn the act of comprehension
Stop replying me

Go and eat your empty landmass in oyo😜😂🤣 grin grin

I won't reply you henceforth!

This guy go and work on your English language at least ! You're still disgracing your father here with these terribly muddled up sentences of yours ! Going back to school should be your priority if you actually know what's good for you. It's really a very serious mental exercise for me each time I tried to make a meaning of whatever message you were trying so hard to pass across ! I wish to know the name of that mushroom school you "graduated" from ! It's such a shame,you can't type a simple sentence in English language without errors ! It's so shameful,your sentences are always riddled with grammatical blunders,one that a JSS 3 student shouldn't make ! Go back to school, Chineduuuuuuu !

Trust me,I couldn't go beyond the first paragraph of the gibberish you typed up there. It's that bad,you need to go back to school,urgently !

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Ekpeitit(m): 12:47am On Jan 04
Yes they are the largest losers in Nigeria.
Largest minority that will never produce a president 🤣🤣🤣😂😂

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by BossGerald: 8:23am On Jan 04
Misterone:
You can take that to the bank! Urhobos are a majority in Delta

Ok
Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:37am On Jan 04
PHIPEX:
Is itbthat education is so poor in Nigeria for a discussion to be on population and someone is talking landmass. Oga did you enter geography class at all? Does it mean Niger state that is larger thanbthe entire SW in landmass is more populated than SW?

Shut up your faecal ogiri smelly trap there ! The fact that Niger State is the largest state in Nigeria does not mean it is bigger than the SW.

Why is it that you these primitive hinterland bushpeople from that side always like to throw figures around carelessly just to support your cooked-up lies ?!

#Fact :
*South West = 79,665 square kilometers.
*Niger State = 76,363 square kilometers.
*South East = 29,525 square kilometers.

It is wrong to say that Niger State is bigger than the South West but very correct to say that Oyo state alone is almost the size of South East while Niger State is more than twice the size of the entire South East landmass !

2 Likes

Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Alexis11: 8:37am On Jan 04
Nigercity:

So many false claims here mehn.

Try and get a life abeg. grin

2 Likes

Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Alexis11: 8:39am On Jan 04
OROSUNBOLB:

Very well said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by PHIPEX(m): 9:26am On Jan 04
LifeofDream:

You're the real illiterate...
You said Russia landmass is more China US and India combine, i bring facts to rubbish the nonsense...

Now you say China is 10x the population of Russia, I also rubbish it.. The person that like your comment must be a f**l like you, illiterate feeling funky..

144*10 million is over 1.4 billion dunce..
Educated illiterate everywhere. You ran away from your maths class when approximation was taught. You could as have asked for the exact figure of the population upto tens and unit. Did they teach you about rounding up or down depending on the figure? Why not quote the complete figure since you want to be exact?
Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nigercity: 9:35am On Jan 04
loffyloffy:

Bros..You are only seeing things from one of view..and misintrepreting Data ..which to me is leading to your confusion.

Yes the population in SE is dense..but the density does not necesarily mean a larger population.

Population density is = population divided by land area...

So as long as your land area is small , you can have a higher density than a place with more population and more land area.

The SE has the least land area in all of Nigeria..Oyo state alone has more land than all of SE. So it is not surprising that the SE is more densly populated than other places with larger land area and higher population.

The Idea that Igbos are the majority in SS states is also myopic ..apart from Delta and Edo, there is no SS with a substantial indiginous Igbo comunity and they ar3 clearly in the minority in those states.

As per non indiginous Igbos while they may be higher than other none indiginous tribes in the states, they are still less than the idiginous Igbos and as a whole they are still in the minority.

Yes Igbos are many out of their states, but so too are the yorubas, hausas, fulanis, ijaws, and akwa ibom and calaba people are everywhere.They are just not as noisy as the Igbos.

In short, this thread is utter nonsense, unnecesary and untrue.

Igbos in rivers state are not minority by any means

Excluding ikwerres 4 l.G.A
There's a etche, ndoki, ASA, ohaji omuma e.t.c.
They are actually majority in rivers

Your brothers are here bragging about empty landmass, forgetting that Niger state is almost the same landmass with south west grin grin
Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Jeyun: 9:48am On Jan 04
OROSUNBOLB:

u need the education more than chinedu
Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nigercity: 10:11am On Jan 04
Jeyun:
u need the education more than chinedu

grin grin
Don't mind the idi grin t
I was driving when I made my second Post
And it has alot of grammatical errors,he purposely left the information
And focus on the grammar
grin grin grin
The boy has been all over this thread shouting oyo is bigger than SE grin grin
That's his only point
Meanwhile Niger state is almost same size with south west 🤣😂😂
I have stopped replying the f😜😂l
Let him continue thinking that south east is ghosted
Why we are building our cities (joining onistha to Owerri with story buildings) forming larger mega city metropolis bigger than Lagos
Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by FreedomfromtheT: 5:26pm On Jan 04
Dafresh:

I want hím to feel happy, sarcasm.
Ok.
Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by FreedomfromtheT: 5:28pm On Jan 04
OROSUNBOLB:

You're wrong,so wrong ! I won't even argue much with you but will present a very simple analogy that may help your reasonability. The Yoruba are the single largest ethnic group in Nigeria,no doubt about it. The Hausa/Fulani don't even come any close not to talk of Igbo.

Let's look at it this way :

*Anambra = 4,844 square kilometers
*Imo. = 5,530 square kilometers
Abia. = 6,320 square kilometers
Enugu. = 7,161 square kilometers
Ebonyi. = 5,670 square kilometers
Total = 29,525 square kilometers

Oyo State = 28,454 square kilometers

Now,if Oyo state alone is almost the size of your entire land - the 5 South East States and when it is an established fact that Yoruba people rarely live in villages,they live in large urban towns and cities,unlike you igbos,how on earth will anyone think Igbo come any close to Yoruba in term of population ? If you take a Bus from Ojota (Lagos) down to Oba Adeshida market road in Akure,do you know how many large Yoruba towns and cities you'll pass through before you get to your destination ?!

Trust me, you Igbo will only be deceiving yourselves if you ever think you have more people in the North than the Yoruba ! It is not possible,there are millions of Yoruba in the North apart from the fact that Yoruba people are indigenous to three North Central states - Kwara,Kogi and Niger States. The truth is that it's not every Umar or Suleiman you meet in Kano or Kaduna that's Hausa or Fulani,a lot of them are actually Yoruba -na the real fact be that,go figure out !

Going by this your analogy, Algeria should be the most populated country in Africa since it has the largest landmass.
Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by FreedomfromtheT: 5:29pm On Jan 04
OgaFactCheck:

You asked to be countered with facts but all that you have presented are assumptions. No evidence. Lead by example and produce empirical evidence or statistics from reputable institution(s).
Meaning that you can't counter it.
Kudos to you.
Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by FreedomfromtheT: 5:32pm On Jan 04
Misterone:
Your problem is that you see Nigeria as comprising of three tribes alone. Therefore you just segregate the country along that line. Igbos are only second populated in teo states of the SS ( Rivers and Delta). In Edo and Bayelsa, Urhobos are second after the Binis and Ijaw respectively, while you cannot tell in Akwa Ibom and cross rivers because these two states are a melting pot of all tribes in the SS.
It is not about the number of people that sell gala in the streets or the number of person that push wheelbarrow or hawk wares at every traffic light that you use in determining the population of a state. It is with those that have assets, steady jobs, right to land by means of indigeneity and other verifiable factors
You ended up not answering the question.
So which tribe is the most populated in the entire Southsouth?
Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by FreedomfromtheT: 5:34pm On Jan 04
tsdarkside:

dont dare add south south with south east.... angry angry

till now i was just playin nice with you....

or else you want me to start abusin anything ibo.... angry angry
dont provoke me....am not nice like other south southerners....
Did You good evening to school at all?
Is there any tribe called Southsouth?
Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by FreedomfromtheT: 5:36pm On Jan 04
DaTruths:

Igbos are too many in South East that you can go one full day without seeing a non-igbo person.

Lets say about 95-98 percent of the population.
Re: I Think The Igbos Are The Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by aribisala0(m): 5:41pm On Jan 04
Have you registered for NIN Look at the information on the forms

All that information is already being collected and very soon the government will know the truth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"senator" Remi Tinubu's Election Annulled By Election Tribunal. Re-run Ordered! / Over 3million Igbos Stranded In Kano-Ohanaeze / Denouncing Ma Apc Memebership For PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.