Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read (1013 Views)

What Redmi Hype Has Caused Me. Redmi Users Get In Here / Stolen Redmi Note 9s! / How To Retrieve Your Lost/damaged Airtel Sim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read by noobody(m): 10:33am On Jan 03
How to get back your lost/stolen REDMI(xiaomi) devices.(long read,kindly note,I don't have writing skills also,just trying to pass out information).

This post here is about one of the most underrated features that comes embedded in the MIUI(soon to be hyper os) system.
Many OG's like us who have been using Xiaomi devices since the days of Redmi note 3,note 4x,note 5 etc,have previously or at one time uses this feature to locate our devices when it was stolen,better still we use it to lock the device to render it useless to the thieves.

But to many new REDMI(Xiaomi users)who are just joining the family,really do not know the importance of this great feature called mi account.

In other words mi account(similar to the iOS iteration called iCloud)is an account Xiaomi lets you register on all devices running MIUI(using custom ROM won't let you do these)rom,it has basic features like back up to the cloud,also it can store your pictures ,contacts,etc,you can read up more about it,but the main reason for these write up is its ability to locate your stolen/lost devices.

The main point,on how to use mi account to locate your stolen/lost devices.

Firstly you need to be registered on the mi account platform,it's very easy,
Go to settings,scroll to the mi account section,ensure your internet is enabled,
Sign up for a mi account,using phone number or email(higly recommended should in case you loose access to your SIM).
Once you are all done and set up,you are good to go,ensure the account stays active and registered on your device,after wards,scroll to the settings on your mi account and activate the find my device feature for free.
Now in the scenario where the unfortunate incident occurs and your device is stolen/lost,look for another internet enabled device,log on to i.mi.com ,your login email and password would be required,once logged in,use the find my device features,it would pin point exactly (to the most precise location,it would even show the exact house,street,etc) the phone is currently located.
Now I am sure you are wondering,what If the phone is switched off,or on airplane mode,good question,the device would at the point of going off,store the exact last known location before going off,that is where it would ping at,and the very next time,the device is switched on,it would save that same location and it would show you exactly where it is.
Also from the i.mi.com you can activate lost mode,this feature would ensure the thieves don't get access to your device,and also you can drop a SOS message on the lost device feature,in the case the phone is lost,if a good Samaritan finds it,once it switches on,the sos message containing your contact information can be used to contact you to come get your phone.
Also on the mi account settings on your device,you have the option to enable your device to send a cordinates of its last known location before it is switched off.
Also it is important to note that,once a mi account is active on a device and not signed out,that phone can never be factory reset to be used by another person,as it would always ask for the former details of its previous owner before any other individual can use it.

I hope you all find this piece of information useful.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read by PaZwoD: 12:55pm On Jan 03
Fantastic
Re: How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read by Emeka71(m): 1:46pm On Jan 03
I bought a new Vivo Y51 and as we entered 2024; I noticed that the phone is no longer charging but most engineers were avoiding the phone until I took the phone to Emerge to repair the charging port.
Re: How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read by Thazard(m): 1:47pm On Jan 03
Noobody does samsung offer something like this?
Re: How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read by noobody(m): 6:43pm On Jan 03
Emeka71:
I bought a new Vivo Y51 and as we entered 2024; I noticed that the phone is no longer charging but most engineers were avoiding the phone until I took the phone to Emerge to repair the charging port.

How does this post help us sir?
Re: How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read by noobody(m): 6:44pm On Jan 03
Thazard:

I think they make use of Google find my device,

Or let me just say,I really can't tell,but I know they have Samsung Knox,not sure the feature is embedded in it.
Re: How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read by Soyemm(m): 5:16am On Jan 04
Thazard:

Yes, Samsung has been offering this feature a long time ago. You have to activate the "find my mobile" in settings

Re: How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read by noobody(m): 11:02am On Jan 04
Soyemm:

Yes, Samsung has been offering this feature a long time ago. You have to activate the "find my mobile" in settings

And you can actually use it to track your location,while it shows on the map?
Re: How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read by Urchman27(m): 2:17pm On Jan 04
Lost my note 10pro last month.
Was able to lock it but i can't locate it

Re: How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read by noobody(m): 2:50pm On Jan 04
Urchman27:

Good,

It is offline that is why,

The moment they try to switch it on for use,it would ping or either it has been sold for parts.
Re: How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read by Soyemm(m): 9:51am On Jan 06
noobody:

And you can actually use it to track your location,while it shows on the map?

Yeah bro, you can track location in real time.

It even prevents the thief from switching off your phone. Well, except (s)he can open it to remove the battery or the battery runs out

Urchman27:

The phone has been wiped. Oti lorr
This feature is only helpful if you have constant power and data on the phone and you're able to track it before the thief wipes it
Re: How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read by noobody(m): 10:47am On Jan 06
Soyemm:

Yeah bro, you can track location in real time.

It even prevents the thief from switching off your phone. Well, except (s)he can open it to remove the battery or the battery runs out

The phone has been wiped. Oti lorr
This feature is only helpful if you have constant power and data on the phone and you're able to track it before the thief wipes it

The only way it can be wiped is a tidious process,and it would have to be installed with another rom or modified miui,and mi account might not work on such devices

So my guess is,it has been sold for parts.
Re: How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read by Soyemm(m): 7:57am On Jan 07
noobody:

The only way it can be wiped is a tidious process,and it would have to be installed with another rom or modified miui,and mi account might not work on such devices

So my guess is,it has been sold for parts.

there are lots of software that can bypass the lock effortlessly. you see ehn, there's no absolute security in computing, it is an illusion

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read by Chijohn42k(m): 8:55am On Jan 07
Soyemm:

there are lots of software that can bypass the lock effortlessly. you see ehn, there's no absolute security in computing, it is an illusion
you are right. With the right amount the person can remove the Mi account permanently and add new one. For those who knows.
Re: How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read by noobody(m): 9:06am On Jan 07
Soyemm:

Obviously you are right,

But you are talking about high level theft,

I never said it was not even crackable,just that they would also have to definitely format user data(which is priority)user data would never be compromised,a new custom ROM can be flashed or a modified MIUI,
But there again,not the average phone snatcher or thief can do that.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read by noobody(m): 11:14am On Feb 23
Read and take action.
Re: How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read by noobody(m): 8:01am On Mar 01
Simple instructions
Re: How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read by noobody(m): 8:30am On Mar 04
Sharp tips!!
Re: How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read by noobody(m): 9:32am On Mar 05
Tips..
Re: How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read by noobody(m): 8:43am On Mar 11
Simple tips.
Re: How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read by kollykolly360: 12:08pm On Mar 13
How do I add the SOS message exactly
Re: How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read by noobody(m): 7:07pm On Mar 13
kollykolly360:
How do I add the SOS message exactly

You can only do this when the unfortunate incident has occurred.

All you need do is log on it i.mi.com

Click find my device

Activate lost mode,

From there it gives the option to enter a message should in case it is found or in case it is tried to be wiped,the message would keep popping up.
Re: How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read by noobody(m): 8:08am On Mar 16
Tips

(1) (Reply)

Wifi With Higer Range / Myx5-2v Celtel Wap / Keep Your Phone On 24/7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.