Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Stolen Redmi Note 9s! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Stolen Redmi Note 9s! (5661 Views)

How To Get Retrieve/get Back Your Lost Or Stolen Redmi Devices!!redmi Users Read / My Experience Buying Redmi Note 9s From Slot Online / How Can I Track My Stolen Redmi Note 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by Orenike: 12:48pm On Feb 11, 2022
Please my xiaomi redmi note 9s was stolen at Tafawa balewa Square,Lagos. is there anyway I can retrieve it?....I've tried tracking it on xiaomi website but it keeps saying phone is switched off...This is the only phone I'm using to work to feed myself as a lady and someone just took it away...I'm not careless, I've used this phone for 1 year....I still have the pack of the phone and receipt...

Please help create awareness cry....Thank you

5 Likes

Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by slimjohn2k5: 1:08pm On Feb 11, 2022
Lock it from the Xiaomi website with your phone number or someone phone number u can be reached with.
If you do this, they cannot flash the phone, it will be useless till they call you

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by excanny: 7:00pm On Feb 11, 2022
Just go to their website and lock it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by samueldon(m): 12:04am On Feb 12, 2022
dont lock it if you do u wont be able to track it. Go to area command with the carton and some money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by FX2BROWN: 9:38am On Feb 12, 2022
You can get your phone back, go 2 police station wit the pack that has the IMEi, pay a token 2 police, your phone would be tracked. Regards.
Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by Eyanbahose: 10:57am On Feb 13, 2022
samueldon:
dont lock it if you do u wont be able to track it. Go to area command with the carton and some money
they will.take her money and won't do jack. Similar thing happened to me.

16 Likes

Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by Eyanbahose: 10:58am On Feb 13, 2022
Orenike:
Please my xiaomi redmi note 9s was stolen at Tafawa balewa Square,Lagos. is there anyway I can retrieve it?....I've tried tracking it on xiaomi website but it keeps saying phone is switched off...This is the only phone I'm using to work to feed myself as a lady and someone just took it away...I'm not careless, I've used this phone for 1 year....I still have the pack of the phone and receipt...

sorry about this. Shit happen
Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by ojonugba2014(m): 9:18am On Feb 14, 2022
FX2BROWN:
You can get your phone back, go 2 police station wit the pack that has the IMEi, pay a token 2 police, your phone would be tracked. Regards.

If u think police will do shit , then u are dreaming

6 Likes

Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by Silentmoni(m): 10:05am On Feb 14, 2022
ojonugba2014:

and u no get better suggestion?
Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by Athina1982(f): 10:31am On Feb 14, 2022
Orenike:

Please help create awareness cry....Thank you9
contact 08037111012 he can help u track it

1 Like

Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by Meister(m): 2:04pm On Feb 14, 2022
Athina1982:
contact 08037111012 he can help u track it

This is a scam please, make nobody fall victim out of desperation

10 Likes

Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by Jeffy1206(m): 2:33am On Feb 15, 2022
FX2BROWN:
you sound as if you are in US or UK undecided

2 Likes

Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by chariisGRACE(m): 10:09am On Feb 15, 2022
Jeffy1206:
you sound as if you are in US or UK undecided

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by Pandorah(m): 1:59pm On Feb 15, 2022
Orenike:

Login your mi account from another phone, and lock the phone... Then wait for the thief to call you angry
Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by honsule(m): 2:27am On Feb 16, 2022
Orenike:

My Brand new Xiaomi Redmi Note 9s was stolen inside my car around July, 2021 and i bought the phone Brand New 12th of January, 2021. Original pack and charger still with me grin grin. I tried to use a police friend of mine, Sars, etc all to no avail. their trackers has packed up. In fact, a guy in GSM Village , Abuja claimed he knows DSS officer who has helped him tracked phones successful b4. i paid small money, that one entered voice mail. Plenty Scammers full Nairaland. Don't fall a victim. Am talking from experience. Till date the phone is gone......... sad sad sad sad

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by WhiteAngels001(m): 11:44am On Feb 16, 2022
DISTRESS SALE!!!

A very mint IPhone 6 PLUS (128gb) in perfect working condition with no single fault whatsoever EXCEPT NO FINGERPRINT.
Every other thing is perfectly working.

Price: 50k

Payment on delivery for Lagos residents only
Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by unclevilwan: 9:36pm On Feb 16, 2022
ojonugba2014:

if you have the pack dey can track it so far it's on and Imei hasn't been changed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 16, 2022
WhiteAngels001:
DISTRESS SALE!!!

A very mint IPhone 6 PLUS (128gb) in perfect working condition with no single fault whatsoever EXCEPT NO FINGERPRINT.
Every other thing is perfectly working.

Price: 50k

Payment on delivery for Lagos residents only
iPhone wey you don use scam dem come block your IP address and other apps.Anybody wey buy am don carry curse.
Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by WhiteAngels001(m): 11:51pm On Feb 16, 2022
Revolution2022:
iPhone wey you don use scam dem come block your IP address and other apps.Anybody wey buy am don carry curse.
Nawa oh, so you mean you'll just quote someone's text that you've never had dealing with and accuse the person of scam, just like that?
May the same cup be used in measuring for you too bro.

3 Likes

Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by samueldon(m): 3:35pm On Mar 18, 2022
Eyanbahose:
they will.take her money and won't do jack. Similar thing happened to me.
I just found my stolen phone. Was stolen in Abuja and the police tracked it to kano, called me on Sunday that the phone is on the way back to abuja and I received it on Monday this week.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by Kirchoffs: 10:27pm On Mar 18, 2022
samueldon:

I just found my stolen phone. Was stolen in Abuja and the police tracked it to kano, called me on Sunday that the phone is on the way back to abuja and I received it on Monday this week.
Give us the full lowdown on how you were able to retrieve the phone , also what brand and model of phone . Your information might be needed by others in similar situations
Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
samueldon:

Are u the person that created this thread?
Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by samueldon(m): 2:15am On Mar 19, 2022
Kirchoffs:
Give us the full lowdown on how you were able to retrieve the phone , also what brand and model of phone . Your information might be needed by others in similar situations

My phone, a redmi note 8 4/128GB was stolen on the 20th of January in Abuja. I wanted to track it immediately but was told to wait for 2weeks to 1month bcus the phone might still be switched off. I went to my local police station to lay a complaint but was told that the person doing the tracking wasn't around bcus it was on a Friday and might have gone to court. A friend now directed me to another police division where I met an officer. The officer said it will cost 30k to track the phone but he won't collect the full payment till the job is done. He collected my details and also took my phone carton. I paid an advance of 5k and he ran a trace to see if the phone was active of which it wasn't. So fast forward to the 13th of March he called me that my phone has being tracked to kano. L8r in the evening he called again and said the phone is now enroute Abuja on a night bus and I'm to receive it the next morning. The following morning he called me to bring his balance and come pick up my phone of which I did.

Note: I am using a custom rom on my phone. Havoc OS to be precise because I hate miui. As a result, my mi cloud account was disabled which enabled the police to track the phone even when the thieves flashed the phone. And as a snapdragon phone, it was difficult to change the imei number.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by Orenike: 3:21am On Mar 20, 2022
Wow, that's awesome, but I've heard so many horror stories of the police duping people and still end up not finding the phone cry
samueldon:

My phone, a redmi note 8 4/128GB was stolen on the 20th of January in Abuja. I wanted to track it immediately but was told to wait for 2weeks to 1month bcus the phone might still be switched off. I went to my local police station to lay a complaint but was told that the person doing the tracking wasn't around bcus it was on a Friday and might have gone to court. A friend now directed me to another police division where I met an officer. The officer said it will cost 30k to track the phone but he won't collect the full payment till the job is done. He collected my details and also took my phone carton. I paid an advance of 5k and he ran a trace to see if the phone was active of which it wasn't. So fast forward to the 13th of March he called me that my phone has being tracked to kano. L8r in the evening he called again and said the phone is now enroute Abuja on a night bus and I'm to receive it the next morning. The following morning he called me to bring his balance and come pick up my phone of which I did.

Note: I am using a custom rom on my phone. Havoc OS to be precise because I hate miui. As a result, my mi cloud account was disabled which enabled the police to track the phone even when the thieves flashed the phone. And as a snapdragon phone, it was difficult to change the imei number.
Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by Runsboi(m): 6:55pm On Mar 20, 2022
samueldon:

Ahh! Baba you no go like drop update for us ni? Like the police man number or something. Biko save a soul
Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by excanny: 9:08pm On Mar 20, 2022
samueldon:

Was the thief caught?
Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by OwoukoUrua(m): 9:58pm On Mar 20, 2022
Runsboi:

Ahh! Baba you no go like drop update for us ni? Like the police man number or something. Biko save a soul

This will be very helpful
Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by Esama: 10:55pm On Mar 20, 2022
Some will still head up scammed here today.
Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by samueldon(m): 9:05am On Mar 21, 2022
Runsboi:

Sure but only if you are in abuja
Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by samueldon(m): 9:13am On Mar 21, 2022
Orenike:
Wow, that's awesome, but I've heard so many horror stories of the police duping people and still end up not finding the phone cry

Yes sure u are right. I was skeptical at first. But what gave me confidence was the friend who gave me the police officer's contact. The police officer tracked and arrested this friend of mine because he was in possession of a stolen phone given to him to sell of which he wasn't aware. The good thing about this officer is that he doesn't collect the full payment. He told me I was lucky and that he has phones that he has being tracking for over 1 year now and hasn't seen them yet. So it all depends on luck and the type of phone involved. If it is an mkt phone then the possibility of recovery is very low. So if u check when my phone was stolen and recovered, it is approximately 2 months.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by Runsboi(m): 3:44pm On Mar 21, 2022
samueldon:

Sure but only if you are in abuja

Baba you go still give us him contact, him fit refer us to him colleague for Ph here. I need help guy
Re: Stolen Redmi Note 9s! by Runsboi(m): 3:45pm On Mar 21, 2022
samueldon:

Yes sure u are right. I was skeptical at first. But what gave me confidence was the friend who gave me the police officer's contact. The police officer tracked and arrested this friend of mine because he was in possession of a stolen phone given to him to sell of which he wasn't aware. The good thing about this officer is that he doesn't collect the full payment. He told me I was lucky and that he has phones that he has being tracking for over 1 year now and hasn't seen them yet. So it all depends on luck and the type of phone involved. If it is an mkt phone then the possibility of recovery is very low. So if u check when my phone was stolen and recovered, it is approximately 2 months.

Baba which one is mkt phone again?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Use This Android App To Generate The Last Digit Of Your Customized IMEI / Samsung S8, S8+, S9 And S9+ Original Screens For Sale( Wholesale Price) / I Am Sad Because Only Few People Have Downloaded My Android Pocket Calculator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.