Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,665 members, 7,813,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Consequences Of Libyan War On Investment Insurance Companies? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Consequences Of Libyan War On Investment Insurance Companies? (571 Views)

Nigerian Politicians Urge Government To Withdraw Recognition Of Libyan Rebels / Libyan Rebels Are Killing Black Africans / How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Consequences Of Libyan War On Investment Insurance Companies? by Biggoozz: 1:36pm On Nov 03, 2011
Guys, I have not been able to find a factual answer to this recently disturbing thought on my mind.

Knowing fully well that Libya (a case study among the Arab Spring victims) being a top oil producing country must have had immense infrastructures and other investments, especially FDIs destroyed; How can the insurance companies that insured these assets assume this heavy liability if at all some may survive it.

Can the insurance experts in the house please inform us on the laws and practices of how war caused devastations are structured and managed.

I am asking this question because a close friend once shared her experience with the CEO of one of the biggest insurance companies in Nigeria who she quoted as saying about a multi-billion dollar oil&gas facility insurance contract his company signed to cover, that any day it goes bad he would just carry his briefcase and disappear from the country.

Please share your thoughts on this.

(1) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan Models For An Italian Fashion Magazine / Conned 2012: Joseph Kony Is A CIA Contractor / Jamaica, Trinidad Commemorate 50 Years Of Independence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.