Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,800 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') (7724 Views)

Emenike Blasts NFF For ‘disrespecting’ Yobo’s Testimonial / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / N150Mn Ransom For Siasia's Mother: Govt Abandons Siasia To His Fate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by seunlayi(m): 4:00pm On Nov 03, 2011
siasia ought to have been serious when he suppose to be not now that the ball is no longer in his court. He may have been planning this that was why he gamble with our chance of qualification.

1 Like

Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by gascoign1(m): 4:05pm On Nov 03, 2011
Siasia still got the balls to sue [b]N[/b]onsense [b]F[/b]ailed [b]F[/b]ederation, what an insult? after the disgrace he brought to our failed state!
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by musiwa43: 4:08pm On Nov 03, 2011
samson siasia was not the reason why nigeria failed to get to the nation cup. I dont think, they should have sack him. But i wish keshi the best in his new job.

The reason why nigeria lost is because, we dont have playes who play at the top club any more. just few do. so siasia did not have many choice in players. The issue exporting footballer players abroad make for brazil more than $2 billion . And nigeria should employ Olishe  to serve as a link between europe clubs and nigeria players. sunday Oliseh job should be to try to sell nigeria players abroad to club, it is a full time job. the NFF dont not have a department that try to sell nigeria players abroad. Football is business. If mohammed does not come to the mountain. The mountain should go to mohammed.

Sunday Oliseh past experience as been the only top player in nigeria to play in major club in europe best fit him. What he will do is take the picture, video and profile of each player in the nigeria league, all players and try to sell them to club around the world. He has past contact to use. He will also have to organized Job fair in nigeria, inviting club manager from Europe to see this players play.   including getting this player visa  to do trial in europe. You see the players are doing it themself with the help of anybody. and it is hard for them to do. NFF should create a player export  department to be head by sunday Oliseh.

sunday oliseh job should be to get 30% of the player in the national league to play out of nigeria each year.  30% means over $2 billion revenue coming in into the economy each year.  football is money.
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by Jarus(m): 4:14pm On Nov 03, 2011
Ole. After collecting 5m per month.
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by Parnassuss(m): 4:30pm On Nov 03, 2011
careytommy:

if you were in 1B identify yourself!  angry
grin grin grin grin grin Present!

macmoyor:

It cost the NFF more than N5 Billion for missing out of the nations cup as a result of Siasia's failure to get the nations to the nations cup as stipulated on the contract. So Siasia fail his contract,and NFF could as well demand damages worth N6 billion from Siasia,
 Who wins the battle

allow the malu! make him go surf high tension wire abeg!  angry angry angry
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by UyiIredia(m): 4:37pm On Nov 03, 2011
I really didn't know until now they had sacked Siasia. They only reward NFF will reap is like their partners-in-crime Chelsea. Patience ans stability are key to building successful teams and NFF's get-it-quick syndrome is pathetic.
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by Godkan: 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2011
sia 1 is one nigerian coach that would have taken our foot ball to greater hight. Unfortunately, the sharks in the glass house will not let him be. For the first time in a long while, we saw all the members of the super chickens or if you like eagles competing for shirts. We also saw there improve work rate. These can only come about from a coach that is committed to achieve result even within these period of nine month that he was there. Let us not forget that even westahof, spent close to five years with the team before making an impart in the nations cup. The sharks in the NFA are quick to disown this great nigerian because it would afford them the oppurtunity to get a 20 percent kick back from keshi who has nothing but backwardness to give to nigerian foot ball.
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by kunlaxo: 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2011
This dude makes me laugh, Amodu qualified us for world cup 2 times he was buried in pain with no appreciation yet he never sue us to court, abeg sia make i no vex o.let NFF go and get amodu and all will be well with them all.
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by macmoyor(m): 5:11pm On Nov 03, 2011
It cost the NFF more than N5 Billion for missing out of the nations cup as a result of Siasia's failure to get the nations to the nations cup as stipulated on the contract. So Siasia fail his contract,and NFF could as well demand damages worth N6 billion from Siasia,
  Who wins the battle Huh

are u one off them?

Posted by: as_e_deygo

What do u think
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by Adexchelsea19(m): 5:52pm On Nov 03, 2011
After failing 2 qualify Nigeria for ordinary nations cup so he wanted 2b inform a month b4 sacking him 4 what pls,so he want 1bil.In short he shuld also b sack 4rm coming 2d country!
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by macmoyor(m): 5:57pm On Nov 03, 2011
He should had been sacked on the spot after that ill fated  game,and he is talking of  non issuance of 1 month notification.He had shot himself.

Siasia lacks discipline angry
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by oddy4real(m): 6:01pm On Nov 03, 2011
His Lawyers are surely misleading him. He should xheck up the case of Chukwuma Vs Shell Petroleum. He would see that he would surely lose. He should keep all that money he would pay to Lawyers and do something useful.
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by macmoyor(m): 6:05pm On Nov 03, 2011

His Lawyers are surely misleading him. He should xheck up the case of Chukwuma Vs Shell Petroleum. He would see that he would surely lose. He should keep all that money he would pay to Lawyers and do something useful.

his so called lawyers wan shop too from the N5mil he is receiving per month,
  no dulling for the lawyers, but bad advise from them though,
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by 1025: 6:14pm On Nov 03, 2011
i know it that siasia is out to make money by all means. if i may ask, did he later collect the $5k fine he slammed on mikel? siasia is following the worst of advise on this one.
it is a one by one for line situation. all former sacked coaches are all waiting for their next turn and siasia shld have waited instead of resorting to a move that will never materialize in nigeria.
he promised and failed and as a such shld go home closing his face with shame rather than going to court.
if siasia cld not qualify us for african cup of nations, what else can he do apart from fining mikel $5k and taking nff to court?
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by Mutiana: 6:22pm On Nov 03, 2011
While I see Siasia going to court as being a way to Cause Discord. I think comments have been passed on this contract issue blindly.

1. Nobody categorically has told of the content of Siasia's Contract, beyond his salary,qualifying for the Nations cup, definitely there should be a lot more on the document.

A contract is a holistic document you cannot just dwell on a singular clause and ignore other parts.

2. My guess is that the clause "qualify for the Nations Cup" as it is refered to may actually be a Term of reference; failing in a TOR is not sufficient for the termination of a

Contract, it may require review by both parties for the way forward, not necessarily termination. In event termination would be the option it would still have to be done by the terms

of the same contract; except the contract in itself was ambigous in the first place.

I think the lesson Siasia may be trying to teach is for things to be done properly, but with Country like Nigeria with so much passion for football, what everybody wants to see is
Nigeria ranked No1 in the world without caring about what needs to be done to acheive it. In my own opinion Siasia ought to just move on and concentrate on a better coaching Career. There are millions of coaching opportunities around the world
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by omar22(m): 7:05pm On Nov 03, 2011
The Buck Stops at the Top

They hired him, its their poor judge, like I said he had a contract they are place he could take NFF and they would order them to pay him
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by soloqy: 7:12pm On Nov 03, 2011
If this story is really true, then I have lost all respect for Siasia and am embarrassed at having supported him in the past.
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by Rastamann: 7:16pm On Nov 03, 2011
Whether we all like it or not, Keshi is now in charge of the SE and as patriotic Nigerians, we should all give him our support.
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by soloqy: 7:18pm On Nov 03, 2011
omar22:

The Buck Stops at the Top

They hired him, its their poor judge,  like I said he had a contract they are place he could take NFF and they would order them to pay him

His contract came with a clause 'He must quailify us for the Nations cup for starters then lead the Nation to at least a semi-final place'. He achieved neither of the agreed points. They are well in their right to sack him. And thats why Toro said its sad because he sees what a sad case Siasia is becoming. He has no case. The lawyers will just collect the remaining money he has in his hands knowing he has no case.

Dang, my friend that I had a heated argument on this Siasia will be waiting to laugh in my face. He always called him a pompous and arrogant Idiot and Siasia is about to prove him right.
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by mallorca(m): 7:35pm On Nov 03, 2011
if you like sue NFF for 100Billion na ur wahala,useless coach
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by treasuremi1(m): 7:46pm On Nov 03, 2011
Siasia should b ashamed of himself after killing d source n excitement of many nigerians. Anyway, kudos to the lawyers who av advised him to take such decision
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by Orton10(m): 8:57pm On Nov 03, 2011
Its not his fault, its ours. Afteral we were the same people who danced and rejoiced when he was appointed, some even branding him the " saviour of Nigerian Football". We gave that bästard way too much freedom. . .eh, "he has to learn his lesson, no player is bigger than Nigeria" were famous replies from Nigerians when key players were banned by him. . . . See us now, even the "common" AFCON, went beyond our grasp, upon all the hype and initial gra-gra.

And the apology he owes Nigerians for failing us is to sue us for a billie in our own courtroom. Its our fault. . .we should have mobbed and given him a beating of his life after that embarrassment at Abuja. Look at his stúpid name sef. Siasia undecided .
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by Freiburger(m): 9:06pm On Nov 03, 2011
He will win the case only when he is lucky enough on not having football fans as these who will preside over the case.
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by Challas(m): 10:34pm On Nov 03, 2011
Somebody should call dis sia1 to order.Amodu was sacked after qualifying for 2 world cups and nothing happened.This is a guy dt couldnt win a WAFU nations cup and qualify 4 AFCON in a group consisting of Ethiopia and Madagascar asking for 1 Billion Naira, All This Bayelsa Guys Sef!!!
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by babyboy3(m): 10:40pm On Nov 03, 2011
His contract came with a clause 'He must quailify us for the Nations cup for starters then lead the Nation to at least a semi-final place'. He achieved neither of the agreed points. They are well in their right to sack him. And thats why Toro said its sad because he sees what a sad case Siasia is becoming. He has no case. The lawyers will just collect the remaining money he has in his hands knowing he has no case.

Well if they didnt follow the procedure to the letter then someone is in trouble,

Whats that Yoruba saying "the hen that tripped over my medicine so I smashed its eggs"
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by seunlayi(m): 10:43pm On Nov 03, 2011
Orton1_0:

Its not his fault, its ours. Afteral we were the same people who danced and rejoiced when he was appointed, some even branding him the " saviour of Nigerian Football". We gave that bästard way too much freedom. . .eh, "he has to learn his lesson, no player is bigger than Nigeria" were famous replies from Nigerians when key players were banned by him. . . . See us now, even the "common" AFCON, went beyond our grasp, upon all the hype and initial gra-gra.

And the apology he owes Nigerians for failing us is to sue us for a billie in our own courtroom. Its our fault. . .we should have mobbed and given him a beating of his life after that embarrassment at Abuja. Look at his stúpid name sef. Siasia undecided .

you are right o, he would have fled the country talkless of filling any yeye case.

1 Like

Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by BERNIMOORE: 11:29pm On Nov 03, 2011
FIRST OF ALL,, THE NFF BREACHED THEIR CONTRACT EARLIER TO MAKE AN AGREED MONTHLY PAYMENT RECEIPTS OF (30)DAYS EACH AVAILABLE TO SAMSON SIASIA WHICH THEREINAFTER HAD ACCUMULATED FOR MORE THAN SIXTY DAYS BEFORE THE GAME IN ISSUE (GAMBIAN GAME),, THAT,THEIR FAILURE TO FUFILL THEIR PROMISE AS CONTAINED IN THE TERMS OF AGREEMENT HANDICAPPED THE COACH TO CARRY OUT HIS DUTIES EFFECTIVELY AS AGREED,SECONDLY, SOME PARTS OF THE TERMS OF AGREEMENT WHERE THE NFF PLEDGE GIVING OUT A FURNISHED ACCOMODATION TO HIM ''AT THE START OF HIS ASSIGNMENT'' IS ALSO BREACHED GRIEVIOUSLY, THIRDLY,IT WAS AGREED IN THE TERMS OF AGREEMENTS THAT HE WILL BE SERVED WITH A STATEMENT NOTICE IF HIS CONTRACT WILL BE DISCONTINUED,, AND AS IT IS NOW,, the NFF has failed completely and grossly erred by breaching the contract first, two months ago, unlawfully with-holding his salary,which is also a function of his total perfomance, ,and the refusal to also provide him with the written notice that contain the grounds he is deemed unfit to continue as the contractual technical adviser,the NFF grossly erred in law.
This failure explain why the NFF scribe 'TORO' opined that it would be settled out of court.WHY OUT OF COURT?
but why why why? people ask 'why' football is run this way in Nigeria.keshi should not blame anybody for his own failure now,because of the rotten system.WESTERHOF SUCCEEDED IN BUILDING A CRACK TEAM IN 5 YEARS BECAUSE HE HAD A DIRECT LINK TO THE PRESIDENCY,AND NOT THE ROTTEN NIGERIA FOOTBALL FEDERATION.
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by yewawa: 12:09am On Nov 04, 2011
chei, my dear siasia,no coach has ever done this before, but then,may be it is time for you to right the wrong done to past nigerian coaches or expose some secret not known to football crazy nigerians.Anyway,i wish you well and patiently waiting for the oid MAFIANS coming on board.SIA ONE,i know if there is nothing under the carpet,you will never do this,abeg talk make we hear,
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by Gbenge77(m): 1:15am On Nov 04, 2011
Challas:

Somebody should call dis sia1 to order.Amodu was sacked after qualifying for 2 world cups and nothing happened.This is a guy dt couldnt win a WAFU nations cup and qualify 4 AFCON in a group consisting of Ethiopia and Madagascar asking for 1 Billion Naira, All This Bayelsa Guys Sef!!!
the guy is a joke.
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by Nobody: 1:54am On Nov 04, 2011
Who wins the battle

you talking like the money dey come naija football in any form
Re: Samson Siasia To Sue NFF For 1 Billion Naira ('Wrongful Termination') by honeymix77(m): 5:40am On Nov 04, 2011
Someone has to teach the NFF a lesson it is unfair the way they handle coaches. abeg if the man feel say him get case make him go court, i sori for keshi because those people in the glass house are ruthless na dem pocket dem know. can somebody please tell us who is in charge of the NPL, no sollution a league running without sponsor. so who will sack nff for they too have failed many times over.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Falcons Thrash Senegal 3-0 To Qualify For Semi-finals / Britain Deports Its Five Gold Medal Nigerian Hero / South Africa Vs Tunisia: AFCON 2023 (0 - 0) On 24th January 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.