Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Does God Really Send People To Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Really Send People To Hell? (1539 Views)

Is God Really Omniscient?? / It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Really Send People To Hell? by Bendy: 11:51pm On Jan 04
Hello Nairalanders, do you think God really sends people to hell?

Personally, I believe God does not send people to hell; they go there themselves. God is rather the one saving people from hell. Please share your thoughts.

Thanks.

Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by Kobojunkie: 11:57pm On Jan 04
Bendy:
■ Personally, I believe God does not send people to hell; they go there themselves. God is rather the one saving people from hell. Please share your thoughts. Thanks.
Yes, Jesus Christ, as He informed His followers, will send those of them who are born-again but refuse to comply with His Law and Truth in the Kingdom of God, to Eternal Damnation after He has returned and judged them guilty - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. Jesus Christ is the one who will condemn the goats in His sheep to the place of Eternal Damnation, not God of Israel. undecided

Yes, Hell(Eternal Damnation) is a choice made in disobedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ even after accepting His gift of Eternal Life here in this life. undecided
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by ProudWitch: 12:00am On Jan 05
Hell, lol.

4 Likes

Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by FRANCISTOWN: 2:23am On Jan 05
Let's assume there are just two gods. Allah and YHWH

Allah sends people to his hell.
Yahweh sends people to his hell.

Imagine, if you died a muslim and by mistake you found yourself in Yahweh's kingdom .You will be in serious soup.
You go first shout "Yahweh I beg, na mistake I do. Na Allah I wan go meet"

If you died a christian and found yourself in Allah's kingdom. You go first miss out on the prepackaged 77 virgins before you dance disco in his hell.
You go shout "Allah I beg no vex na YHWH I wan go meet".

Allah go be like "You are a very stupid boy, why you no follow person wey know road. Me and YHWH dey always dey superiority battle"

Heavens will be really interesting for those who are going there.
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:30am On Jan 05
Bendy:

Hello Nairalanders, do you think God really sends people to hell? Personally, I believe God does not send people to hell; they go there themselves. God is rather the one saving people from hell. Please share your thoughts.
Thanks.
What Jesus really said about Heaven and Hell (Google)
https://time.com > Jesus really said about heaven and hell | TIME

In traditional English versions, he does occasionally seem to speak of “Hell” – for example, in his warnings in the Sermon on the Mount: anyone who calls another a fool, or who allows their right eye or hand to sin, will be cast into “hell” (Matthew 5:22, 29-30). But these passages are not actually referring to “hell.” The word Jesus uses is “Gehenna.” The term does not refer to a place of eternal torment but to a notorious valley just outside the walls of Jerusalem, believed by many Jews at the time to be the most unholy, god-forsaken place on earth. It was where, according to the Old Testament, ancient Israelites practiced child sacrifice to foreign gods. The God of Israel had condemned and forsaken the place. Jeremiah 7:31

In the ancient world (whether Greek, Roman, or Jewish), the worst punishment a person could experience after death was to be denied a decent burial. Jesus developed this view into a repugnant scenario: corpses of those excluded from the kingdom would be unceremoniously tossed into the most desecrated dumping ground on the planet. Jesus did not say souls would be tortured there. They simply would no longer exist.
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:10am On Jan 05
Bendy:

Personally, I believe God does not send people to hell; they go there themselves. God is rather the one saving people from hell. Please share your thoughts.

Thanks.

They choose it and God signs their remand in hell papers.

But all these takes place after their Day in God's Court!
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:20am On Jan 05
FRANCISTOWN:

There are no 2 Gods as there are no to 2 Landlords. If there was, we must know as there is no way 2 Elephants will fight and the ground will not know.

So, get it out your mind, God, is the only God and Allah has proven that he is Satan, so it is only God's Prison hellfire or shiny new House (A new heaven and earth) people would be going to
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:24am On Jan 05
MaxInDHouse:

In traditional English versions, he does occasionally seem to speak of “Hell” – for example, in his warnings in the Sermon on the Mount: anyone who calls another a fool, or who allows their right eye or hand to sin, will be cast into “hell” (Matthew 5:22, 29-30)....]

Whatever the grammar, the bottomlne is that all found guilty will be thrown into a very very bad place they will hate.
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by Nextt: 7:43am On Jan 05
MaxInDHouse:

In traditional English versions, he does occasionally seem to speak of “Hell” – for example, in his warnings in the Sermon on the Mount: anyone who calls another a fool, or who allows their right eye or hand to sin, will be cast into “hell” (Matthew 5:22, 29-30). But these passages are not actually referring to “hell.” The word Jesus uses is “Gehenna.” The term does not refer to a place of eternal torment but to a notorious valley just outside the walls of Jerusalem, believed by many Jews at the time to be the most unholy, god-forsaken place on earth. It was where, according to the Old Testament, ancient Israelites practiced child sacrifice to foreign gods. The God of Israel had condemned and forsaken the place. Jeremiah 7:31

In the ancient world (whether Greek, Roman, or Jewish), the worst punishment a person could experience after death was to be denied a decent burial. Jesus developed this view into a repugnant scenario: corpses of those excluded from the kingdom would be unceremoniously tossed into the most desecrated dumping ground on the planet. Jesus did not say souls would be tortured there. They simply would no longer exist.

stop believing a lie. the Lord Jesus clearly said "there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth", "where their worms do not die". the Bible is clear that there will be a Great White Throne judgment and hell will give up its prisoners who will be condemned to the second death. The Jehovah's Witness bible has taken away a lot of things from the true Word of God and has added false interpretation to the Scriptures. dead people don't weep and gnash their teeth, if a person is dead how come they go for judgment? hell is real and God has witnesses, living and sleeping, that have told you and the world. you can never claim ignorance on that Day.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by Nextt: 7:50am On Jan 05
FRANCISTOWN:

Allah sends people to his hell.
Yahweh sends people to his hell.

Imagine, if you died a muslim and by mistake you found yourself in Yahweh's kingdom .You will be in serious soup.
You go first shout "Yahweh I beg, na mistake I do. Na Allah I wan go meet"

If you died a christian and found yourself in Allah's kingdom. You go first miss out on the prepackaged 77 virgins before you dance disco in his hell.
You go shout "Allah I beg no vex na YHWH I wan go meet".

Allah go be like "You are a very stupid boy, why you no follow person wey know road. Me and YHWH dey always dey superiority battle"

Heavens will be really interesting for those who are going there.

How many people has Allah (or any other god) raised from the dead?

there are literally copious amount of cases of people being raised from clinical death by God, the I Am. which one has Allah done? Allah is just like the false god, Baal, the Isrelites put their trust in until God used Elijah to clear their eyes that Baal is a just a carving of wood and stone, nothing else.

besides Yahweh there is no other God.
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:26am On Jan 05
Dtruthspeaker:

Whatever the grammar, the bottomlne is that all found guilty will be thrown into a very very bad place they will hate.

After death nobody knows anything again their memory is gone {Ecclesiastes 9:6} so they won't know anything after they die.
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:35am On Jan 05
Nextt:

stop believing a lie. the Lord Jesus clearly said "there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth", "where their worms do not die". the Bible is clear that there will be a Great White Throne judgment and hell will give up its prisoners who will be condemned to the second death. The Jehovah's Witness bible has taken away a lot of things from the true Word of God and has added false interpretation of the Scriptures. dead people don't weep and gnash their teeth, if a person is dead how come they go for judgment? hell is real and God has witnesses, living and sleeping, that have told you and the world. you can never claim ignorance on that Day.

Guy if you're ready to learn this is the time not some traditional credulity passed on to you by your religious leaders! Matthew 15:7-8

I myself formerly was taught that there is some kind of torment after death but now i know better.

There is just two destinations: LIFE or DEATH

There is no third place!
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by Nextt: 10:57am On Jan 05
MaxInDHouse:

Guy if you're ready to learn this is the time not some traditional credulity passed on to you by your religious leaders! Matthew 15:7-8

I myself formerly was taught that there is some kind of torment after death but now i know better.

There is just two destinations: LIFE or DEATH

There is no third place!

I did not preach traditions of men when I gave my reply. It is there in the Word of God for all to see. Of course, your JW bible says something different.
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by FRANCISTOWN: 10:58am On Jan 05
Nextt:

How many people has Allah (or any other god) raised from the dead?

there are literally copious amount of cases of people being raised from clinical death by God, the I Am. which one has Allah done?
Mention one of these copious amount of cases in which you were there when YHWH was bringing them back to life.

BTW, several people of other religions and of no religions have also risen from the dead. There is no God effect.

We can take such god to the morgue
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by FRANCISTOWN: 11:00am On Jan 05
Dtruthspeaker:

There are not 2 God's as there are no to 2 Landlords. If there was, we must know as there is no way 2 Elephants will fight and the ground will not know.

So, get it out your mind, God, is the only God and Allah has proven that he is Satan, so it is only God's Prison hellfire or shiny new House (A new heaven and earth) people would be going to
Now you are getting the point. If there was any God, the earth should know.
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by ReacherSaidNoth: 12:13pm On Jan 05
Saying god doesn't send people to hell is like saying "armed robbers don't steal from people but it is people who decide to give up their possessions" undecided. Don't defend imaginary lunacy.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by Arda1000(m): 12:35pm On Jan 05
God created hell and also sends people there?
How rubbish that sounds
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:08pm On Jan 05
FRANCISTOWN:

Now you are getting the point. If there was any God, the earth should know.

The earth already knows that is why everywhere in the world God is feared while those who are in rouble with Him hate Him as bad tenants always hate their landlord.
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:10pm On Jan 05
MaxInDHouse:

After death nobody knows anything again their memory is gone {Ecclesiastes 9:6} so they won't know anything after they die.

Yet you see Samuel being woken after death to speak. You are as delusional as atheists are.
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by Nextt: 1:31pm On Jan 05
FRANCISTOWN:

Mention one of these copious amount of cases in which you were there when YHWH was bringing them back to life.

BTW, several people of other religions and of no religions have also risen from the dead. There is no God effect.

We can take such god to the morgue

Read the book, The Final Frontier. The answer is there. Resurrection is different from resuscitation. The Thomas Welch Story is another book with evidence that God raises the dead (clinical death).

Tell me where Krishna or Allah, or any so-called being has raised anyone from the dead.
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:51pm On Jan 05
Nextt:

I did not preach traditions of men when I gave my reply. It is there in the Word of God for all to see. Of course, your JW bible says something different.

The two passages i first quoted wasn't from JW rather it's the truth that's been hidden from the masses for centuries.
Jesus never spoke English what he said was actually translated to many languages before the English.
So if you're really interested in knowing the truth why not find out for yourself what Jesus said in Hebrews that was later translated to Greek (by his disciples) before other languages started making their own copies?

God never thought of tormenting living creatures in fire:

And they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my heart. Jeremiah 7:31 KJV

Jesus said so many things using PARABLES {Matthew 13:13, 34} therefore you can't grasp what he meant by reading the interpretations of the churches. What you need to do is found out the exact word they translated to HELL then find out what it really means in Hebrew (Jesus' mother tongue)
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:56pm On Jan 05
Dtruthspeaker:

Yet you see Samuel being woken after death to speak. You are as delusional as atheists are.

So if Samuel refused to speak with Saul while he was still alive and God has condemned Saul as king never to speak with him again you think witches that God forbids will call Samuel or force God to allow dead Samuel speak with Saul?
Well it's far beyond Churchgoer's brains!
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:12pm On Jan 05
Nextt:

Read the book, The Final Frontier. The answer is there. Resurrection is different from resuscitation. The Thomas Welch Story is another book with evidence that God raises the dead (clinical death). Tell me where Krishna or Allah, or any so-called being has raised anyone from the dead.

Those people are just deceiving you!

Resurrection is part of the wonderful things the Christ will do globally when he returns with his kingship to the earth {John 5:28-29} but the immediate benefit wasn't for any other nation apart from first century Israelites {Matthew 15:24} that's why Jesus told his disciples whom he gave the power to go performing miracles that instruction saying they must not pass the boundaries of Israel with that gift:.

These 12 Jesus sent out, giving them these instructions: “Do not go off into the road of the nations, and do not enter any Sa·marʹi·tan city; but instead, go continually to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. As you go, preach, saying: ‘The Kingdom of the heavens has drawn near.’ Cure the sick, raise up the dead, make lepers clean, expel demons. You received free, give free. Do not acquire gold or silver or copper for your money belts, or a food pouch for the trip, or two garments, or sandals, or a staff, for the worker deserves his food" Matthew 10:5-10

Other nations will later benefit when God's kingdom through Christ Jesus comes but as for the Israelites supernatural gifts was to help them preach their messages effectively since no god from any nation has promised of a better future apart from Jehovah (Yahweh) the God of Abraham. So if they perform some of the signs it will strengthen the Israelites to go and preach the message with boldness in all other nations {Matthew 28:19-20} but the gift will not last since Jerusalem the city for which God gave them the benefit will soon be wiped out back then! 1Corinthians 13:8-10
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by Emusan(m): 3:58pm On Jan 05
MaxInDHouse:

And after DEATH the dead won't have any more REWARDS nor being REMEMBERED. "The living at least know they will die, but the dead know nothing. They have no further reward, nor are they remembered." ECC 9:5

Why do you always leave that part? grin cheesy grin cheesy

Atheists who the believe that the dead no nothing and having no rewards.

But the scripture says th righteous are remembered and having plenty rewards from God.
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:53pm On Jan 05
Emusan:

And after DEATH the dead won't have any more REWARDS nor being REMEMBERED. "The living at least know they will die, but the dead know nothing. They have no further reward, nor are they remembered." ECC 9:5

Why do you always leave that part? grin cheesy grin cheesy

Atheists who the believe that the dead no nothing and having no rewards.

But the scripture says th righteous are remembered and having plenty rewards from God.

The reward is not about the dead it's the living that will continue to remember them because of their good works but as for them they are lifeless they don't feel anything no love no hatred no regrets no joy it's all gone until God brings them back to life because of those who missed them due to their good works.
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:59am On Jan 06
MaxInDHouse:

So if Samuel refused to speak with Saul while he was still alive and God has condemned Saul as king never to speak with him again you think witches that God forbids will call Samuel or force God to allow dead Samuel speak with Saul?
Well it's far beyond Churchgoer's brains!

See the LordReed twisting and change of posts all because you cannot counter. As I have told you, you are no different from atheist and Muslims.
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:59am On Jan 06
Dtruthspeaker:

See the LordReed twisting and change of posts all because you cannot counter. As I have told you, you are no different from atheist and Muslims.
Guy, Samuel is dead and according to God's word the dead can't speak nor have anything to do with the living {Ecclesiastes 9:5-10} so it means the spirit that appeared to Saul was one of the demons working with Satan to keep the deceit going that says:

"(Humans) certainly will not die" Genesis 3:4

That's why Solomon said you need thorough meditation and fervent prayer to have the knowledge of truth not just reading the stories! Proverbs 2:1-5

God condemned witchcraft because they are working with demons whose plan is to continue deceiving mankind {Revelations 12:9} so when Samuel died the witch whose activity was banned by God in Israel can't force God to release Samuel who also hate witches in his lifetime to start speaking.

That's what we call ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE OF TRUTH!
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:10am On Jan 06
MaxInDHouse:

Guy, Samuel is dead and according to God's word the dead can't speak nor have anything to do with the living {

So now that you have finished twisting like serpent lordReed, you have twisted back to repetition. Clearly like LordReed you love lies.

Yes Samuel was dead and a witch "brought him up"

"And Saul perceived that it was Samuel
"

You obviously have the Curse of self decieit.
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:21am On Jan 06
Dtruthspeaker:

So now that you have finished twisting like serpent lordReed, you have twisted back to repetition. Clearly like LordReed you love lies.
Yes Samuel was dead and a witch "brought him up"
"And Saul perceived that it was Samuel
"
You obviously have the Curse of self decieit.

Samuel a servant of the true God who never had anything to do with witches because his God condemned witchcraft died and it was a witch that contacted him to speak with Saul whom he also abandoned before his death.

Ọmọ accurate knowledge comes with no flaws it's inaccurate knowledge that you won't know how to explain it. wink
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:32am On Jan 06
MaxInDHouse:

Samuel a servant of the true God who never had anything to do with witches ..

Off Point/Change of Post!

Clearly, people can see the resemblance between you and the serpent.
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:45am On Jan 06
Dtruthspeaker:

Off Point/Change of Post!
Clearly, people can see the resemblance between you and the serpent.

What is off point? grin

Guy you're just being unreasonable!

You don't know what it means to know the true God, it's through His LAWS that we believers use to know what He will never do not just by reading stories!

When Satan told hungry Jesus to turn stone to bread and eat Jesus didn't say "i'm not hungry" rather he quoted God's word which says "man must not feed on bread alone" but does what Satan suggest goes against God's will?
YES!
Jesus is not an ordinary man so if he can't withstand hunger how can he compel others to defy hunger to do God's will?

Samuel was dead so a witch can't force God to change God's decision so it's deceit from demons! wink
Re: Does God Really Send People To Hell? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:16am On Jan 06
MaxInDHouse:

What is off point? grin

See cunning serpent pretending not to know that the point was Samuel was woken up by a witch to speak even though he was dead and buried and not whether he was "a servant of the true God who never had anything to do with witches" which is your cunning departure from the argument since you have seen thst you have lost the argument.

So Satan's seed you are just continuing your father's work of lies and deception.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman Or Pastor / Do We Sin Every Day? / Jesus Will Never Accept This !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.