Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,078 members, 7,814,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" (9897 Views)

Woman Who Voted 'APC' Cries After She Wasn't Given Money -Sahara Reporters / Dikko Umar To Court: I Acquired N9.7 Billion Assets From My Travel Allowance / Igboho To Benin Court: I Fled Nigeria To Avoid Being Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by chokekachy: 8:44am On Jan 05
The Governor of Plateau State, Caleb Manasseh Mutfwang, has raised an issue of lack of fair hearing against the Court of Appeal in its judgment sacking him as the state governor.

Mutfwang, who raised the issue in his brief at the Supreme Court represented by an eight-man team of Senior Advocates of Nigeria (SANs) led by Kanu Agabi, said “The law is settled that wherever there is a wrong, there must be a remedy.”

He said he presented eight points to the Court of Appeal to prove the validity of his election but only one was determined, adding that ignoring the seven other issues he raised by the Court of Appeal was against the directive of the Supreme Court that intermediate courts should pronounce on all issues placed before them.

He, therefore, urged the apex court to declare him as the validly elected governor of Plateau State.

The hearing of his brief by the Supreme Court is on Tuesday.

Mutfwang insisted that since he was not given a fair hearing, the Supreme Court should dismiss the judgment of the Court of Appeal which invalidated his election.

He added: “It is our further submission that having denied fair hearing to the appellant, with respect to the Notice of Preliminary Objection as well as a motion to strike out the incompetent grounds of appeal, the decision of the lower court to dismiss same is, with all due respect manifestly flawed.

“The implication of denial of fair hearing renders proceedings null and void.

“We respectfully urge the honourable court to invoke its powers in Section 22 of the Supreme Court Act by upholding the Notice of Preliminary Objection of the appellant embedded in his brief before the lower court and also granting the Motion of the Appellant filed on 2nd November, 2023 before the lower court by striking out grounds 1 – 9, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21 and 22 of the Notice and Grounds of Appeal of the 1st and 2nd respondents.”

He said he has attached enough evidence to prove that the Court of Appeal should not have cancelled his election.

He said: “The issue of nomination and sponsorship which underpinned Ground 1 of the petition is not only a pre-election but within the internal affairs of the 4th respondent and as such the 1st and 2nd respondents lacked the locus standi to canvass it.”

https://dailytrust.com/plateau-gov-raises-issue-of-fair-hearing-against-appeal-court/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2VPBgH7IQBfK37grS6D1kCz3iwVTlBd9apbXM5uLtYA9Z8DXCtB2nApKU#google_vignette

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by cenaman(m): 8:50am On Jan 05
Nigeria judiciary is the worst and most corrupt in the whole universe.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by JASONjnr(m): 8:52am On Jan 05
Supreme court will have enough cash rolling over political cases before the next election.

Seems the judiciary will be sponsoring illegalities during elections to enable politicians to battle it out in courts.

No wonder, judiciary workers get one of the highest pays in Nigeria and IPPIS treat them separately and differently.

6 Likes

Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by crossfm: 9:08am On Jan 05
Hehehe.

This governor has showed his level of incompetence the way he handled the plateau killings.

Smiling up and down, making unnecessary visits while his state is mourning.

I now have doubt if he is the man for the job.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by Ogalanyachieze: 9:09am On Jan 05
Fair hearing in an apc govt? Hope you are Joking? Bad as pdp was opposition was still winning in their place of strengit. Even in the courts there was some level of independence for the judiciary. There was respect for the rule of law. Until buhari came around. There is no third arm of govt. Even in mon political cases this government does not respect the laws of the land. all we see is judgement of convenience based on technicalities. All na FEAR HEARING.

2 Likes

Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by Kirsa9: 9:11am On Jan 05
cenaman:
Nigeria judiciary is the worst and most corrupt in the whole universe.
Honestly speaking
Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by dalongjnr: 9:12am On Jan 05
All issues raised were entirely true.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by Didijiji: 9:12am On Jan 05
It seems that by default, Nigeria is not meant to have good leaders

This guy has started well in Jos but sadly he may be removed

7 Likes

Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by Jestin: 9:13am On Jan 05
What is the outcome of the Kano State Supreme Court decision?

2 Likes

Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by dalongjnr: 9:15am On Jan 05
crossfm:
Hehehe.

This governor has showed his level of incompetence the way he handled the plateau killings.

Very needless comment from an unserious fellow. This is the best governor since Jonah jang when it comes to the way crisis are been handled in plateau state.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by money121(m): 9:15am On Jan 05
Ok
Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by Pumpido75(m): 9:19am On Jan 05
Sope otilo. Apc suffered same fate in zamfara 2019,Same Apc wasn't allowed to present candidates in Rivers during 2019 polls. Pdp was the beneficiary of both judgements.
Although i kind of love the simple and calm demenour of Gov caleb mufwang but his living on borrowed time.Thats the harsh reality.

6 Likes

Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by cardoctor(m): 9:20am On Jan 05
We should start getting used to this. Its now the new norm.
Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by bammo: 9:21am On Jan 05
We love you mutfwang. Keep fighting

8 Likes

Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by fergie001: 9:24am On Jan 05
Jestin:
What is the outcome of the Kano State Supreme Court decision?
Judgement likely to be delivered next week.
Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by id4sho(m): 9:24am On Jan 05
tongue
Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by id4sho(m): 9:25am On Jan 05
bammo:
We love you mutfwang. Keep fighting
He's a goner

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by id4sho(m): 9:25am On Jan 05
Pumpido75:
Sope otilo. Apc suffered same fate in zamfara 2019,Same Apc wasn't allowed to present candidates in Rivers during 2019 polls. Pdp was the beneficiary of both judgements.
Although i kind of love the simple and calm demenour of Gov caleb mufwang but his living on borrowed time.Thats the harsh reality.
Tell them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by atobs4real(m): 9:27am On Jan 05
When the verdict didn't favour u

2 Likes

Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by CaptainFM1: 9:31am On Jan 05
crossfm:
Hehehe.

There's nothing any governor can do in such a killing unless the FG give absolute control of the state security forces to him.

Even here in Lagos, Sanwo-Olu still never answer the question ....Who ordered the killings of innocent protesters at Lekki toll Gate?

That's how lame all the governors are when it comes to security issues. They can only talk and react to security incidences. They cannot prevent it. The system is not in their power.

1 Like

Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by DeGLORIOUS: 9:32am On Jan 05
crossfm:
Hehehe.

You know next to nothing about what is happening on the plateau and his movements

8 Likes

Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by bammo: 9:32am On Jan 05
id4sho:

He's a goner
Get lost

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by dalongjnr: 9:33am On Jan 05
Pumpido75:
The substance in the case are not the same.
In ZAMFARA, it's APC AND APC(intra party conflict) THAT TOOK themselves TO THE COURT WHILE IN THE CASE OF PLATEAU STATE, It's APC that took PDP to court over the conduct of their state Congress (intre party affairs), which a state high court urged them to conduct ,which they complied but court of appeal said it's a "partial structure " which is alien to the law of natural justice and fair trial.
See ah,what happened in the appeal court was unfortunate. It didn't follow any precedent set but rather, they want to set a wrong precedent which will in the future, cause conflict in the polity. Since, PDP is not having any pending litigation by the parties that took part in the Congress and also complied with the directive of the court to conduct their Congress, which is an intra party affairs.

1 Like

Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by dalongjnr: 9:34am On Jan 05
In ZAMFARA, it's APC AND APC(intra party conflict) THAT TOOK themselves TO THE COURT WHILE IN THE CASE OF PLATEAU STATE, It's APC that took PDP to court over the conduct of their state Congress (intre party affairs), which a state high court urged them to conduct ,which they complied but court of appeal said it's a "partial structure " which is alien to the law of natural justice and fair trial.
See ah,what happened in the appeal court was unfortunate. It didn't follow any precedent set but rather, they want to set a wrong precedent which will in the future, cause conflict in the polity. Since, PDP is not having any pending litigation by the parties that took part in the Congress and also complied with the directive of the court to conduct their Congress, which is an intra party affairs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by Triplerg: 9:42am On Jan 05
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Get out of here. Which incompetence? What do you know about security? Is he in charge of the security agencies in the state? Una go just dey yarn trash up and down

3 Likes

Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by amnesty7: 9:46am On Jan 05
Ok
Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by Triplerg: 9:46am On Jan 05
dalongjnr:
My brother that is what I have been telling people but they won't listen. Zamfara's APC vs APC, but Plateau's case is different. The APC has no right to challenge the internal affairs of the PDP

1 Like

Re: Mutfwang To Supreme Court: "I Wasn't Given Fair Hearing At The Appeal Court" by Calitoscassius(m): 9:52am On Jan 05
Wellcome to the zhoo, where the judiciary are corrupt thieves. grin Maybe if you have given them brand new SUVs and $25000 each they would considered you.

Anyone who is in support of naigeria's kangaroo judges and judiciary will get there own share of injustice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Mourns Christopher Abebe, Ex-MD Of UAC / 2023: Nigerians Will Reject APC Candidates If They Act Like PDP - Omo-Agege / 2023: I’ve Capacity To Rescue Nigeria From Challenges - Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.