Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,629 members, 7,820,221 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Niger Delta Militants In Pictures - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Militants In Pictures (67523 Views)

Nigerian Troops Claim They Killed 100 Boko Haram Militants In Yobe(photos) / Abuja Blasts: Niger Delta Militants Might Be Responsible – NLC / Graphic Photos Of Slain Boko Haram Militants In A Recent Military Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by jihad: 6:46pm On Mar 09, 2006
My boy proper watine be that make boro no talk you dey threaten am abi watine be your own.You no go leave the poor boy alone abi na wahala you dey find for the boy body na so you worry am with your post the boy comot there for you still dey find am abi you dey find something else if you dey find fight i ready to fight you for am watine self you no get pride.
Ono and the other boys make una put mouth for this matter o ebi like say this man way them call prosper na problem e dey fine o.
Seun if you allow prosper to oppress boro because of his opinon then seun you are not fair.
I strongly believe this man called prosper is looking for problem.
You people should tell this man to leave adaka boro alone.
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by issacboro: 7:01pm On Mar 09, 2006
Mr prosper what do you mean by that if i talk you will talk i don't get the game you playing at.I want you to stop it ok.This is a message for all to see so please i beg you with the name of god to leave me alone.
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by Hunter(m): 9:28am On Mar 10, 2006
Who could have ever imagine those Talibans will eventually bring down he almighty USSR.

Uh the USSR wasn't taken down by those "Talibans" they were brought down by a failing economey.
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by joftech(m): 10:26am On Mar 10, 2006
But it does contributed to their downfall.

And that's what is giving the Iranian president inspiration that they can do the same thing to the USA. It's a deeply historic, not in the mood for explanations.
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by otokx(m): 1:00pm On Mar 10, 2006
Nice shots
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by anobscase(m): 7:02pm On Mar 11, 2006
i fear this people, they are determined to wipe out any person that crosses their way
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by slary(m): 11:22pm On Mar 12, 2006
Heaven help those who help themselves. cry cry cry
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by EJaja(m): 11:32am On Mar 13, 2006
as u guys can see we have some humans who are more powerful dan the nigerian militry i surpport there course.
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by DaSaint2(m): 5:38pm On Mar 13, 2006
theORAKU, where and how u got these pics i do not know, but let me give kudos for trying to make all see what our present leaders has turn our youths into. the youths now no longer carry note books and text books, but Hand guns and rocket propelled grenade launchers.

What a shame, Oh how I weep for our beloved Nigeria,
how I weep for our beloved country,
how I shed tears for our wasted youths.
I only have tears running from my eyes.
tears that run red as blood from my veins.

I have nothing more in me than tears, sorrow and blood,
flowing in the gutters of our streets and ghettos.
My country will soon be over run with foreign troops,
here to rescue and maim our youths.
they will be the ones to pay for transgresions of our corrupt leaders,
Oh how I cry.
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by Seun(m): 5:46pm On Mar 13, 2006
These are not common youths; we also have them. In Lagos they call them armed robbers.
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by DaSaint2(m): 5:51pm On Mar 13, 2006
I know but it hurts the heart to see young men in this fashion.
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by Mariory(m): 6:51pm On Mar 13, 2006
Da Saint:

theORAKU, where and how u got these pics i do not know, but let me give kudos for trying to make all see what our present leaders has turn our youths into. the youths now no longer carry note books and text books, but Hand guns and rocket propelled grenade launchers.

The pictures came from news sites such as reuters and news.yahoo.com.

These youths think they are action heros in a movie.

Foreign troops are not needed. The military is currently being restricted by the Federal Government to a defensive role only, that is why these boys are still there.
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by rikkyjen(m): 2:42am On Mar 14, 2006
true talk
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by eniengine: 3:33am On Apr 01, 2006
I feel the issue Obasanjo should address is that of Niger delta instead of third term. It is the people who suffer the effects of environmental pollution and devastation. The Government knows what should be done but because of their selfish interest has refused to provide the necessary infrastructures. It is a warning sign to the nation. If things are not done speedily,what we see in other countries could befall Nigeria because the people have been pushed to the wall and they have to fight for their right.

Ani
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by otanaworld: 2:37pm On Oct 05, 2006
ANYONE WHO CONDEMN THE ACTION OF THE NIGER DELTA BOYS IN RECENT TIMES MUST EITHER BE A BENEFICIARY OF ONE OF THE OIL BLOCKS OR OUT OF TOTAL IGNORANCE OF THE IMPROVERISHMENT THE ACTIVITIES OF THE OIL COMPANIES HAVE LEFT THE PEOPLE OF NIGER DELTA. PERSONALLY, I WOULD WISH THE NIGER DELTA BOYS CONTINUE UNTILL THERE IS NO MORE SALE OF OIL FROM NIGERIA THEN ALL OF US CAN SIT DOWN AND DISCUSS THE WAY FORWARD FOR NIGERIA.

I REFUSE TO SHARE THE OPINION THAT THE BOYS ARE FIGHTING NOW B'COS OF MONEY, IF THEY COLLECT ANY MONEY AT ALL IT MUST BE IN ORDER TO SUSTAIN THE STRUGGLE AND THAT IS FAIR. AFTERALL, THE OWNERS OF THE OIL WELLS NEVER RELENT TO SPONSORING TANKS AND MEN TO OVER RUN THE BOYS IN ORDER TO CONTINUE HOLDING THEIR GRIP ON THE REGION.

OH, I REMEMBERED THAT, OBJ IS PERSONALLY SUPERVISING ONE COMMITTEE TO DEVELOPE THE REGION AND THERE IS RECRUITMENT QUOTA RESERVED FOR THE BOYS, SORRY, THE YOUTHS OF NIGER DELTA TO JOIN THE MILITARY AND THE POLICE FORCE. LETS WAIT AND SEE THE MAGIC THIS FORMULAR WILL DO. BUT, WHY ARE THERE NO SUCH RESERVED MANAGEMENT POSITIONS IN THE OIL COMPANIES FOR THE INDIGENES; AND GOOD ROAD NETWORKS FOR THE REGION TO MAKE THE ACTIVITIES OF THE JOINT TASK FORCE EASIER.
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by Mariory(m): 11:47am On Oct 07, 2006
otanaworld:

BUT, WHY ARE THERE NO SUCH RESERVED MANAGEMENT POSITIONS IN THE OIL COMPANIES FOR THE INDIGENES; AND GOOD ROAD NETWORKS FOR THE REGION TO MAKE THE ACTIVITIES OF THE JOINT TASK FORCE EASIER.

I will not comment on your other opnions. However the above question is something you should be asking the Governors and Local Governors of the various Niger Delta States.

Case in point, look at Cross River that has the smallest amount of federal allocations of the oil producing States in that region and see what a hard working Governor has done to/with that State.
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by otanaworld: 12:45pm On Oct 07, 2006
Dear Mariory,

I feel pressured to reply to ur observation to my earlier post on this topic. I have been careful enough to choose my suggested options for the Niger Delta problem. First, what u should consider is what are the demands of the Niger delta people, are they legitimate? They are asking for employment at the senior levels for their sons and daughters but the excuse has been on lack of manpower from this region, the pple then said show us the positions and let us see together if we don't have hands to fill them. What do u say to confirmed cases of pple who read Islamic studies working as senior men in some of these companies whereas indigene with degrees in Petrochemical Engineering are not given jobs.

You have also asked me to direct my questions to the State and the Local Governors from these areas. Yes, whether Local, State or Federal are they not the same? conniving with the oil companies? if you agree with my observation that no physical development is in the Niger Delta as your statement portrayed, why is it that right now one of the governor is tipped for the Aso Rock post for the country. I won't be surprise if he is sworn in come 2007 so that more oil wells will be assigned to unknown persons. Did u not read that after the aborted 2million Abacha forever March, it was reported that 2 oil wells were given as a complimentary gift to the guy who champion the move?. This is what they do.

Know that the people in the creeks, they cant march to the Government Houses but the oil workers who comes daily to their backyard to steal this gold has to be chased back. What if u are the one will u allow it?

Do u also agree with the pple that come to the Niger Delta there is no permanent structures belonging to these oil companies on ground? rather what u have are all make-shifts: they only fly down to carry all the wealth to spend elsewhere? Why cant they build their Head Offices around these pple so they can feel the way the pple are feeling.
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by omofineboy(m): 3:28pm On Oct 07, 2006
Niger Delta Problems is another failure on OBJ we never had it bad.
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by otanaworld: 4:33pm On Oct 07, 2006
omofineboy, i do not think this is OBJ failure or anything else but listen to the declaration of the boys ", we prefer to die for our children to carry on the fight, " they are determined, everybody now knows what comes out of oil wells. Its gonna be much difficult to stop them now!

So withdraw the Fed Govt Armed Troops, employ their pple, relocate the Headoffices of Shell, Mobile, Chevron at least to the region, grand their children who wants to study scholarships to do so, stop Gas flaring, adequate royalties for destroyed natural resources, built good roads, good hospitals including free med care for the children and the aged, good schools, announce no visa requirement for Niger Delta indigenes to travel to any European country, o boy u can add ur own too.
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by Odeku(m): 8:50pm On Oct 07, 2006
Nothing in those pictures is interesting, it portray this people as animal in human skin, coward that cant even show their face for what they belief, if this is just war they are fighting, then show your face like your HEROES.
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by Tochi3(m): 10:05am On Oct 08, 2006
@Flex06,
You have food to eat, clothes to wear and of course a house to sleep.
With all of this provisions at your reckless disposal, you are bound forever to believe what you see and hear and not to know.
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by Odeku(m): 12:06pm On Oct 08, 2006
so are you insinuating they don't have food to eat, and all this amenities? that justify sensless kidnapping? do you know what the percentage of homeless people in Nigeria is in other region? do you see them going around in camouflage and killing and kidnapping people? baseless excuse
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by buzortech(m): 10:55pm On Feb 08, 2007
Odeku:

so are you insinuating they don't have food to eat, and all this amenities? that justify sensless kidnapping? do you know what the percentage of homeless people in Nigeria is in other region? do you see them going around in camouflage and killing and kidnapping people? baseless excuse

Mr Man, you don't sit your ass in chicago and make silly comments about reality in nigeria. angry
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by nikynike(f): 11:49am On Feb 09, 2007
Odeku:

They are not seriousness. The millitants dont know what they want.
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by donnymikky(m): 12:33pm On Feb 09, 2007
The boys are being funded by some powerful men right there in the Niger Delta. They make them abduct foreigners and demand for ransome in extchange for there release. The money paid is shared between the boys and their patrons. They are all selfish but i dont blame them because the past and present government made the Niger Delta situation degenerated to this sorry state.
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by betantee(m): 10:00pm On Feb 12, 2007
one day u would know what they want.i dey looku n laffu
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by drlawng(m): 4:33pm On Feb 13, 2007
Truth be told, no level of insurgency by these hoodlums can destroy the Nigerian state. I wonder why they were not this militant when murderers like Abacha was in charge? go figure.

I do not support the expoitation of the region and neither do i support the the insurgency. I know there are brilliant Niger-Deltans represented in the goverment that can effect changes from within through dialogue, negotiations and other peaceful means with the Nigerian state.
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 14, 2007
In how many ways may we either cause or share the guilt of another’s sin?
We may either cause or share the guilt of another’s sin in nine ways:
By counsel;
By command;
By consent;
By provocation;
By praise or flattery;
By concealment;
By being a partner in the sin;
By silence;
By defending the ill done.

My Take:
Ok there is injustice. Solution? Seek a way acceptable to God.
The problem sometimes: The Oppressed Becomes Judge Turns Oppressor And Invites Judgement From God. (cf Matt 7:1)
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by 9ja4eva: 7:38pm On Apr 06, 2007
Kai d guys look heavily loaded.I can imagine oh.Why wnt dey jst capture Obasanjo?
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by doncartel: 2:05am On Apr 08, 2007
the only argument those guys have is that they produce the oil and so deserve a bit of unequal treatment,positively.it all boils down to government doing its job for the whole country in fact those militants might as well be fighting for all the nigerian masses.nigeria is generally rural-mostly rural and one big urban centre[port harcourt]in each of the zones.even some places near lagos and abuja are just as bad let alone further up north.i would have advised them to drop the guns and negotiate but we all know how strong negotiation is as a weapon in africa.by the time the dust on your file passes sahara desert.we need an efficient and proper dispute resolution/law enforcement system in nigeria.would they have come this far if not for those guns?ehnu-oh
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by Agboola1(m): 6:38pm On Apr 08, 2007
untill their demands are fully met im in full support of their activities. they have suffered since the discovery of oil in their region.

another one just occured
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=75013
Re: Niger Delta Militants In Pictures by 9ja4eva: 7:16am On Apr 10, 2007
You wldnt really blame them for their actions though.The only problem i have with dem is dt dey r nt really catching d real thieves dt use d oil money for deir selfish ends.They shld start by kidnapping some Niger Delta governors and aim for Obasanjo himself as dt wld speeden up their demand.Its really sad though and since d Federal Government cant do anything they have to fight for themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stephen Mouka "Eluu P" Signs Endorsement Deal With Rianis Property / Photos Of Tompolo's Shrine And House In Delta / Attah Igala Receives Royal White Rolls Royce Phantom Ahead Of Kogi Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.