Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark (42034 Views)

Download A Tribe Of Judah (2023) Movie By Funke Akindele / What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" / Tinubu, Atiku Hail Funke Akindele On 'A Tribe Called Judah' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by Omoluabi16(m): 4:58pm On Jan 05
I like funke. Who would have believed that bisi of I need to know would come so far? It's even remarkable that she didn't go the way of most yorubawood actress who frolick with politicians and all those top agberos.

She deserves her flowers..

JJC suppose sue her for spousal support. Wetin she wan use that kain money do sef angry

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by Tagestain: 4:59pm On Jan 05
Congratulations for the beautiful project, unto the next one...

1 Like

Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by boxypane(m): 4:59pm On Jan 05
Pls where can one see the movie?

1 Like

Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by Exceed15: 4:59pm On Jan 05
This woman is hardworking. The results are there to see. Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by seguno2: 5:00pm On Jan 05
1nigeriamyfoot:
To be honest, the movie is highly overrated

The storyline is very wack n some over acting on the part of funke akindele

The story talks about a woman who had 5 different children from a different father. Funke later got sick with CKD & need money to do transplant. 2 of her children works in the same mall (one as a sales man & the other as a security guard). Funkes children eventually plot a robbery against her son boss who's into money laundering but using furniture sales as a cover up. In the process of the robbery, funkes eldest child got killed while the rest escape. Funkes remaining children later got away with the money & the story ends.

The movies is like wasted 2hrs+ for me

Funke needs to work more on her storyline because this one is wack

Greed and overhyping for unmerited ticket sales won’t let her get seasoned script writers and producers who are well worth their money.
Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by Greenfusion: 5:01pm On Jan 05
1nigeriamyfoot:

The story talks about a woman who had 5 different children from a different father. Funke later got sick with CKD & need money to do transplant. 2 of her children works in the same mall (one as a sales man & the other as a security guard). Funkes children eventually plot a robbery against her son boss who's into money laundering but using furniture sales as a cover up. In the process of the robbery, funkes eldest child got killed while the rest escape. Funkes remaining children later got away with the money & the story ends.

It happens, when grace speaks, nothing else matter

1 Like

Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by placeofallure(f): 5:05pm On Jan 05
pheelbert:

https://mediatalkafrica.com/140678/funke-akindeles-a-tribe-called-judah-makes-nollywood-history-surpasses-n1-billion-mark/

On another thread, one nincompoop here said Baba Olofa Ina Is a Yoruba actor, not a Nollywood veteran. I'm tempted to say Funke Akindele too is a Yoruba actor, she's not Nollywood.

Àwọn Oníyẹ̀yẹ́, they'll be reasoning like fools. Their hatred doesn't let them see beyond their noses. The world has since left them behind.

Kare Jare Funkẹ! Keep soaring high.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by placeofallure(f): 5:05pm On Jan 05
lamdbull:
Dbull on this one!!!

Omoo and funke called me to come and rap in the film o but i couldn't squeeze time out of my schedule

Ah! Werey Alaṣọ!
Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by Omoluabi16(m): 5:08pm On Jan 05
Onyiiobi7735:
Congratulations to Funke Akindelej just going into movie making to feed and pay bills.
I miss the hey days of sam loco, nkem owoh, Mr ibu, aki, pawpaw and co. Who advised Asaba wood to stop movies like that? Enough of the Rich prince poor blind girl love storyline. Too dry.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by Lastmankc(m): 5:09pm On Jan 05
brainpulse:
Good one for Funke Akindele.
Great one for the Yoruba tribe. We are setting the paste in Africa.
I was expecting this
Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by Stephench: 5:09pm On Jan 05
Inasmuch as I want to congratulate her for creating such high grossing video, we also have to consider the exchange rate. Regardless of exchange rate, crossing that 1 billion is a great performance but when talking about it being the highest grossing, what is the second higher and what year was it?
Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by Fatbam005: 5:11pm On Jan 05
brainpulse:
paste? Do you mean tomato paste . E go sweet ooh
Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by just2endowed: 5:11pm On Jan 05
1nigeriamyfoot:

Thank God I never watch am

1 Like

Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by yommen: 5:12pm On Jan 05
1nigeriamyfoot:

Says the bigot..

5 Likes

Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by Benwallt(m): 5:13pm On Jan 05
DenreleDave:
I'm currently seeing the movie now

If you must make money in Nigeria in movies, do a quality story, notable faces and pick the cast from different tribes..

Most especially, let it be centered around family especially the mother..

Funke Akindele knows this and she is excelling..

I rate the movie 5 over 5

Also there is this igbo guy I recently got to like... Uzor Arukwe... He acted rich igbo man in Toyin Aimaku Prophetess and I fell in love with that guy acting.

Seeing him again in Judah acting igbo man grin grin grin made me rate this movie 5 over 5

Motivation: If you must succeed in your career and business, take it seriously like Funke Akindele... Grow, update and bring people from all tribes and languages together... You will surely succeed

Thrash
Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by TimeMachine3: 5:14pm On Jan 05
Funke Akindele is greater than all ibo asaba nollywood rubbish 🗑. Just as davido and wizkid are greater than all ibo musicians dead or alive.

This is not smuggling drugs via anus.

6 Likes

Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by Kaa4(m): 5:14pm On Jan 05
lamdbull:
Dbull on this one!!!

Omoo and funke called me to come and rap in the film o but i couldn't squeeze time out of my schedule
Your loss. Better luck next time
Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:20pm On Jan 05
Omoluabi16:
I miss the hey days of sam loco, nkem owoh, Mr ibu, aki, pawpaw and co. Who advised Asaba wood to stop movies like that? Enough of the Rich prince poor blind girl love storyline. Too dry.
Exactly, bro.
Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by DangoteIvy: 5:22pm On Jan 05
cool
Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by JayVicky: 5:22pm On Jan 05
brainpulse:
Paste ke?
Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:22pm On Jan 05
Zeezenho:

We love our asaba.movies that's the original holly wood we all know.
I can't even compare original Asaba movies with the sloppy bedroom crappy films found on YouTube and which are hardly shown on Subscription channels.
Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by santaclaws: 5:23pm On Jan 05
brainpulse:

Paste wo le n set? Toothpaste abi tomato paste? 😂😂😂

Pace* 😉
Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by uuzba(m): 5:26pm On Jan 05
The time we were buying basket of onions, N1000,
1 billion Naira was something.
Now that just-na-just-na N10k don finish on top 2 onions you bought in the market,
that 1 billion doesn't mean anything again O.
The money is valueless.
Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by biaframaster200: 5:26pm On Jan 05
Jibo people will still.come and condemned the movie because it is written and produced by a Yoruba female Actor....the bitterness and hatred in the heart of those people towards anything g Yoruba no get part two...

2 Likes

Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by Felaincarnated: 5:27pm On Jan 05
Ronu slaves.. Quick to write rubbish in d name of glorifying
Angelfrost:

You mean "Pace", good Sir?!!
Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by Uptownerd: 5:27pm On Jan 05
JJC right now🤔🤔🤔
Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by Maliqcious: 5:32pm On Jan 05
brainpulse:
na pace hard you like this ?
Re: ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark by tommykiwi(m): 5:36pm On Jan 05
brainpulse:
Everything should not be tribalism. Na only Yoruba people go watch the movie in? Congrats to Funke

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#bbnaija: Anto And Khloe Return To The House / I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor / Jimmy Odukoya Features In Hollywood Movie 'Woman King' (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.