Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide (9685 Views)

Conditional Cash Transfer: FG Disburses Cash To 15,768 Households In Anambra / FG Disburses ₦123.348bn Grants To States. Bayelsa, Imo, Rivers, Zamfara Get Zero / No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by GuruboiNaija: 10:03am On Jan 05
The Federal government has disbursed N108.5 billion out of the N217 billion set aside for the emergency repairs of 260 roads in the 36 states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

Minister of Works, David Umahi disclosed this during a meeting with all directors of the Ministry on Thursday in Abuja.

Umahi noted that the released funds show how much President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is willing to invest in infrastructure, adding that no excuses will be tolerated to ensure that road repairs are adequately done.

Benefitting roads include resurfacing the Third Mainland Bridge, Lekki Deep Seaport road construction, two collapsed bridges in Enugu, and two locations on the Onitsha-Owerri Road.

Other roads approved for construction include upgrading the ongoing Abuja-Keffi-Akwanga-Lafia road and the dualisation of the Lafia by-pass, among others.

.ng recalls that in October 2023, the Ministry sought the approval of the Federal Government to undergo quick rehabilitation and intervention of 260 critically failed road projects across the federation, which was approved by the government two weeks later.

“The President has approved over 260 road interventions across the 36 states and the FCT,”

“I am pleased to announce that 50 per cent of the palliative works for the year 2023 have been released to the Ministry. The pressure was already on me, so I even had to resume early”, he said.

https://.ng/2024/01/05/fg-disburses-n105-5bn-for-260-roads-repairs-nationwide/

14 Likes

Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by dalongjnr: 10:10am On Jan 05
Workaholics minister!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by matify83: 10:23am On Jan 05
I think efforts should be concentrated on some major transport arteries like the east-west road, the famed Lagos- Ibadan road and The north-west roads instead of scattered efforts that achieves little to nothing at the end.
With their completion and tolling, other major roads projects can then be eexecuted in next year's budget.

Before long, we will have good motorable interstates roads.

8 Likes

Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by citygarden(m): 10:27am On Jan 05
I think the time is now WORK O' ClOCK.

6 Likes

Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by mrvitalis(m): 10:33am On Jan 05
Name the roads and how much is released so we can track it

The money NNPC released for umuhia ikot ekpene road... Nothing has changed on that road absolutely nothing

Aba ikot expene road there is work going on there but the akwa ibom side is still the way it is

Calabar itu road is still as bad as it is nothing has been done

Owerri port Harcourt road is not good

Owerri aba road still not good

Name the roads let's track it

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by sexiestharam(f): 10:52am On Jan 05
I didn't see Benin - Sapele road.

4 Likes

Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by chris4gold(m): 10:52am On Jan 05
Cash-out season🎅

1 Like

Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by munavi: 10:52am On Jan 05
Let's hope they will be executed as budgeted.
Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by Randal: 10:53am On Jan 05
I hope it's not siphoned

1 Like

Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by IPDGP: 10:53am On Jan 05
matify83:
I think efforts should be concentrated on some major transport arteries like the east-west road, the famed Lagos- Ibadan road and The north-west roads instead of scattered efforts that achieves little to nothing at the end.
With their completion and tolling, other major roads projects can then be eexecuted in next year's budget.

When last u pass Lagos ibadan way

12 Likes

Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by westlius(m): 10:53am On Jan 05
Minister for Works and interior ministers are the best ministers still counting in Tinubu tenure

2 Likes

Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by vanitybutiwanti: 10:54am On Jan 05
mrvitalis:

The money NNPC released for umuhia ikot ekpene road... Nothing has changed on that road absolutely nothing

Aba ikot expene road there is work going on there but the akwa ibom side is still the way it is

Read the OP before casting blames

4 Likes

Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by princemillla(m): 10:54am On Jan 05
Finally abeg some fed roads in Lagos are in bad shape pls fix it.

Lagos abk is in bad shape

2 Likes

Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by kennyz247(m): 10:54am On Jan 05
Spiritual road

1 Like

Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:55am On Jan 05
Tinubu loves Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by b0rn2fuck(m): 10:56am On Jan 05
They should continue deceiving themselves, last last na everybody go enter graves, na their God pass everyone
Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by mrvitalis(m): 11:02am On Jan 05
vanitybutiwanti:
Read the OP before casting blames
I read it oga stop this diversion trick

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by vanitybutiwanti: 11:03am On Jan 05
mrvitalis:

I read it oga stop this diversion trick
The roads are clearly stated in the OP

2 Likes

Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by BigNija: 11:06am On Jan 05
Most of you guys are just frustrated fellas. I am sure your hatred for Buhari made you not aware that Lagos - Ibadan expressway is almost 99% completed. The best road in Nigeria by far.
I am surprised you listed the road amongst the roads you insisted needs urgent attention.

matify83:

7 Likes

Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by Dnet9dnet: 11:09am On Jan 05
Everything they do is for a reason,what reason is that? Money.

1 Like

Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by Drsheddy(m): 11:09am On Jan 05
K
Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by SmartPolician: 11:10am On Jan 05
mrvitalis:

You need to learn to trust Engr. Umahi.

That man will do an awesome job.

2 Likes

Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by Quebec91(m): 11:10am On Jan 05
When will you stop hoping. It will be siphoned
Randal:
I hope it's not siphoned
Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by Quebec91(m): 11:11am On Jan 05
Stop hoping, nothing good ever comes out if these useless polothiefians🤣🤣
munavi:
Let's hope they will be executed as budgeted.
Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by bekpo(m): 11:13am On Jan 05
How about Odukpani-ikot Ekpene road?
Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by mrvitalis(m): 11:15am On Jan 05
vanitybutiwanti:
The roads are clearly stated in the OP
All the 260 roads or just less than 10 ?

Name the roads a d how much is allocated

The reason you all support this government is really you don't pay reasonable taxes

If you earn 100k and after you receive your salary you see 100k after government takes 40k

You won't be here defending all this things

4 Likes

Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by CodeTemplar: 11:17am On Jan 05
That's a lot considering that only small portion of roads need repairs.
Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by forgiveness: 11:23am On Jan 05
This doesn't interest some people eventhough it is a good news.

3 Likes

Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by matify83: 11:24am On Jan 05
BigNija:

Most of you guys are just frustrated fellas. I am sure your hatred for Buhari made you not aware that Lagos - Ibadan expressway is almost 99% completed. The best road in Nigeria by far.
I am surprised you listed the road amongst the roads you insisted needs urgent attention.

90% completion is not completed my brother.

Dangote's refinery is also over 90% completed.

I listed it because the contractors have not formally handed it over to the government. When the 2nd Niger bridge was completed, Julius Berger handed it over.

Besides, I will need some educating on where you sourced your 90% completion rate from with no offence intended.
Re: FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide by Paramount01(m): 11:25am On Jan 05
sexiestharam:
I didn't see Benin - Sapele road.

But is under construction now

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Faces Of Corrupt Political Leaders! / Lagos Cancels Movement’s Restriction For May Sanitation / FG Charges Justice Ademola, Wife Over Bribe - Dailytrust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.