Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,574 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy (701 Views)

The Military Regime Was Far More Better Than Democracy / A Benovelent Dictator Is Better Than Democracy. / 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by babasolution: 10:04am On Jan 05
Democracy has been demystified in Nigeria, it really doesn't look like the best form of government for Nigeria.

The biggest issue of democracy is that it gives room for a lot of excuses,it makes politicians unaccountable
especially for Nigerian democracy.

Many political office holders can easily make excuses for themselves and pass the buck.

Governors will blame the presidency, presidency will blame governors, lg chairman will blame governors,

Governors will blame legislators,legislators will blame judiciary and vice versa.

At the end of it no one can be held accountable

I think if we had a monarchial style government, the ruler or rulers can be held accountable for their failures.

And if they don't remedy these failures a revolution can easily occur as everyone will be focused on the ruler.

However, this can't be practiced in NIG, unless NIG breaks up and every tribe is ruled by its own royal family.

Democracy has failed in Nigeria.
Politicians are just catching cruise
Toying and joking with their positions because they know they wud never be held accountable.

Many politicians in top spots don't deserve were they are,they are just ruining a nation without consequences.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by slimfit1(m): 10:06am On Jan 05
No way not with black people. Look at how many wives they have who is going to be paying for that.
Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by NuclearWinter: 10:32am On Jan 05
I totally agree.

Monarchy promotes cultural conservatism and also prevents youthful exuberance.

If the idiots that carried out the 1966 coup had any guiding hand , they won't have tried that suicidal madness.

Monarchies keep the dogs of Marxism from power.

Russian empire fell because the Marxists hijacked the plebs .

1 Like

Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by NuclearWinter: 10:37am On Jan 05
slimfit1:
No way not with black people. Look at how many wives they have who is going to be paying for that.

And the band of thieves claiming politicians in Nigeria practice monogamy abi?

Western Nigeria had the best solution with having a House of Chiefs that superceded the house of Plebs.

Only people without a culture worth protecting will opt to see the existing monarchies abolished.

This is why Ironsi in his decree 34 speech hinted on abolishing traditional authorities .

We that revere our cultures and herritage will want our monarchies to play an elderly guiding hand .

What did the foolish band of communist idiots achieve for you in your ill fated Biafra it not death ,famine and disease
Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by Goodvibes007: 10:38am On Jan 05
slimfit1:
The OP.
Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by citygarden(m): 10:50am On Jan 05
Have Been thinking about this, let just mentioned few countries that practice this system and see how performing they are doing in governance and development. Like Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Labanon, Omar,
Dubai etc. This is the system that is been designed for Africa to progress but because we love glittery things is the reason we think democrazy is Gold. Africa have been developing before the West came. Oyo empire, Borno Empire, Benin empire, and so on. The resources is their for us to develop. This is the reason our government both military and civilian relegated the King to a ceremonial post. Even the UK the bought this democrazy can not do that with their king or Queen.
Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by fidelmarshal199: 11:00am On Jan 05
babasolution:

I think if we had a monarchial style government, the ruler or rulers can be held accountable for their failures.

How will you Punish the monarch (alpha and omega) for the failure?

Yeah, Nigeria democracy isn't as straight as it ought to be but it's far better than the best monarchy rule. In a monarchical system of government, A ruler can take over any property in his/her kingdom without any repercussions which isn't so in democracy.

In democracy, there is check and balance, By the legislative and the judiciary, while the Monarch has none.

To understand it better, look at the lives of the citizens of South Korea compare to North Korea.

alcuin:

And you think because it's a monarchy, there are no laws or semblance of a constitution?

Do you think the Saudi king can just take over someone's land like that if not backed by law?

Yes, the Saudi King can do anything he likes in Saudi Arabia, The king council are there to drop their piece of advice not question the order of the king.

The most consequence that can happen is ICC giving him numerous sanctions that have nothing or less bearing on him.

A case study was the assassination of Khashogi, the Al jazeera journalist, that was killed in Saudi Arabia in 2021.

1 Like

Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by akaahs(m): 11:05am On Jan 05
citygarden:
Have Been thinking about this, let just mentioned few countries that practice this system and see how performing they are doing in governance and development. Like Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Labanon, Omar,
Dubai etc. This is the system that is been designed for Africa to progress but because we love glittery things is the reason we think democrazy is Gold. Africa have been developing before the West came. Oyo empire, Borno Empire, Benin empire, and so on. The resources is their for us to develop. This is the reason our government both military and civilian relegated the King to a ceremonial post. Even the UK the bought this democrazy can not do that with their king or Queen.
Those countries don't have many tribes or cultural differences we've here.
How ll the monarchy system of government work?
Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by NuclearWinter: 11:08am On Jan 05
akaahs:

Those countries don't have many tribes or cultural differences we've here.
How ll the monarchy system of government work?

It will work with a House of Chiefs replacing the useless senate .

The house of chiefs will not be an elected position and they will serve to guide the interests of their people at both the state and federal level .

No way one useless elected governor or president will go against the House of Chiefs .

To me this is the best solution.
Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by flokii: 11:09am On Jan 05
The problem is not democracy.. It's we black people. We always want to interfere with everything in our favour and that's what breeds corruption and lawlessness.

Our outlook towards life is flawed.. greediness and unintelligece especially amongst politicians have ruined us as a people.

I think religion is another major problem with we blacks.. Nigeria for instance has the highest number of churches, mosques etc, highest number of billionaire pastors, sheihks, alfas etc. yet has the highest number of corrupt individuals. When they get into public office, they become theives and start amassing wealth for themselves.
We should do like th Japanese and teach our young ones morality.

1 Like

Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by NuclearWinter: 11:29am On Jan 05
flokii:
The problem is not democracy.. It's we black people. We always want to interfere with everything in our favour and that's what breeds corruption and lawlessness.

Our outlook towards life is flawed.. greediness and unintelligece especially amongst politicians have ruined us as a people.

I think religion is another major problem with we blacks.. Nigeria for instance has the highest number of churches, mosques etc, highest number of billionaire pastors, sheihks, alfas etc. yet has the highest number of corrupt individuals. When they get into public office, they become theives and start amassing wealth for themselves.
We should do like th Japanese and teach our young ones morality.

Marxist drivle

If you are not proud of your own culture , others in Nigeria are.

Japan is both racially and religiously homogenous and they have a proud culture , hence why they are all stoic in preserving it.

The problem afflicting Nigeria is your useless Marxist indoctrinated fools who went abroad and swallowed every Jewish commie rubbish and returned back in winter suits and decided to implement their rubbish.

Marxism always finds its root in a culturally inferior people who embrace it willingly .

That's why Japan isn't communist but China with her history of rape and pillage by outsiders willingly gravitated to it.

Just say you are not proud of whatever culture you have instead of deginerating the proud cultures of your betters.

Your Ironsi in his notorious decree 34 speech hinted on abolishing traditional authority which he blamed as a hindrance to nationality unity.

Can you explain why Yoruba Ronu dey pain you ?

Also can you tell me why Enugu began rewriting the history of Bendel Ibos from Benin to Nnsuka after the brief occupation ?

Only you idiots woke up one day and told us you are Jews and are actively promoting Jewish supremacist ideology amongst yourselves to bolster your depraved heritage among the proud races in Nigeria.

Look, it's nobody's fault you were an isolated primitive tribe who could not evolve beyond the village square .
Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by babasolution: 11:37am On Jan 05
fidelmarshal199:

Yeah, Nigeria democracy isn't as straight as it ought to be but it's far better than the best monarchy rule. In a monarchical system of government, A ruler can take over any property in his/her kingdom without any repercussions which isn't so in democracy.

In democracy, there is check and balance, By the legislative and the judiciary, while the Monarch has none.

To understand it better, look at the lives of the citizens of South Korea compare to North Korea.

Are properties not being demolished illegally without repercussions in this Nigerian democracy?

1 Like

Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by babasolution: 11:39am On Jan 05
slimfit1:

Who is paying for the many wives and girlfriends politicians already have

2 Likes

Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by Ejebleje: 12:05pm On Jan 05
I concur. No long cap
Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by lionshare: 12:51pm On Jan 05
babasolution:
Democracy has been demystified in Nigeria, it really doesn't look like the best form of government for Nigeria.

The biggest issue of democracy is that it gives room for a lot of excuses,it makes politicians unaccountable
especially for Nigerian democracy.

Many political office holders can easily make excuses for themselves and pass the buck.

Governors will blame the presidency, presidency will blame governors, lg chairman will blame governors,

Governors will blame legislators,legislators will blame judiciary and vice versa.

At the end of it no one can be held accountable

And if they don't remedy these failures a revolution can easily occur as everyone will be focused on the ruler.

However, this can't be practiced in NIG, unless NIG breaks up and every tribe is ruled by its own royal family.

Democracy has failed in Nigeria.
Politicians are just catching cruise
Toying and joking with their positions because they know they wud never be held accountable.

Many politicians in top spots don't deserve were they are,they are just ruining a nation without consequences.

I have some questions!
1. How will you hold a KING accountable?
2. Who did you support during the last election?
3. Do you think there is press freedom in a monarchy system?
Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by Goodlyhrt(m): 1:00pm On Jan 05
For Monarchy to be effective, the country has to be both culturally and religiously homogeneous which is not so in Nigeria. The fact is that we have illiterates in the majority in this country who can not understand the role they play towards bettering their lots, nay the role of the government and how to hold the leaders accountable.

So, we have two choices; divide this country along ethnic lines, or we engage in massive sensitization and education of the populace so that the literate citizens are in the majority and can easily sway the decision when it comes to nation building.
Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by Wisereborn: 1:14pm On Jan 05
Which monarchy

The ones politically, forcefully, unmerited planted

Are you talking about the same ones that fixed their traditional rites on election day grin grin grin

A selfless leader is all Nigeria needs and that's on period!
Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by NuclearWinter: 1:22pm On Jan 05
Wisereborn:
Which monarchy

The ones politically, forcefully, unmerited planted

Are you talking about the same ones that fixed their traditional rites on election day grin grin grin

A selfless leader is all Nigeria needs and that's on period!

Speak for yourself.

We have our own kings in our respective regions unlike the warranted chiefs Gowon elevated to kings after the war.
Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by Wisereborn: 1:23pm On Jan 05
NuclearWinter:

Speak for yourself.
We have our own kings in our respective regions unlike the warranted chiefs Gowon elevated to kings after the war.
Before you start vomiting from all sides, don't let me say dance naked

There is no region that does not have a corrupt monarchy in any region in Nigeria

The institution is very corrupt and there is no exception for you "monarchs"

Even in the rural areas, the people are beginning to loose that trust in them because they are beginning to see these rurals for who they are!!!

What I wrote is not for those serving under the table but to those that knows the truth!!!

Let me know if you want me to start making references
undecided
Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by NuclearWinter: 1:23pm On Jan 05
Goodlyhrt:
For Monarchy to be effective, the country has to be both culturally and religiously homogeneous which is not so in Nigeria. The fact is that we have illiterates in the majority in this country who can not understand the role they play towards bettering their lots, nay the role of the government and how to hold the leaders accountable.

So, we have two choices; divide this country along ethnic lines, or we engage in massive sensitization and education of the populace so that the literate citizens are in the majority and can easily sway the decision when it comes to nation building.

Pathetic.

In the first Republic , the old western region had both a lower and upper house.

The lower house was occupied by elected officials while the upper house, the house of chiefs , was occupied by unelected officials.
Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by babasolution: 1:43pm On Jan 05
lionshare:

I have some questions!
1. How will you hold a KING accountable?
2. Who did you support during the last election?
3. Do you think there is press freedom in a monarchy system?

There's shrinking press freedom in NIG under this democracy and it can get worse,

A king can be deposed besides,even the worst monarchs have fear of their own people unlike democracy were a political ruler can always pass the buck

1 Like

Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by lionshare: 2:40pm On Jan 05
babasolution:

There's shrinking press freedom in NIG under this democracy and it can get worse,

A king can be deposed besides,even the worst monarchs have fear of their own people unlike democracy were a political ruler can always pass the buck

How many monarchical country do you know that the king was deposed in the last decade purely by the citizens not with no external support?
If you find any, How is such country fairing economically as of today?
Even if you think the press freedom is shrinking in NG it is still way better than any monarchy in the world including UAE & Saudi.
Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by fergie001: 3:09pm On Jan 05
The problem is not in the system but in the players.

2 Likes

Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by Goodlyhrt(m): 4:26pm On Jan 05
NuclearWinter:

Pathetic.

In the first Republic , the old western region had both a lower and upper house.

The lower house was occupied by elected officials while the upper house, the house of chiefs , was occupied by unelected officials.

so what are you saying sir
Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by NuclearWinter: 4:39pm On Jan 05
Goodlyhrt:
so what are you saying sir

I am saying that having first class chiefs double as state and federal representatives , who are not elected , will go a long way in checking the excuberance of tin god Governors .

At the federal level , they will check the excesses of the executive .

1 Like

Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by Rodimi20000000: 4:48pm On Jan 05
Ok
Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by Iamanoited: 4:54pm On Jan 05
MONARCHY IS TRADITIONAL AND VALUABLE. DEMOCRACY IS THE ADMINISTRATIVE CONTROL MACHINERY AROUND TRADITION.
Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by simpleseyi: 4:55pm On Jan 05
You need psychiatric evaluation
Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by DabuIIIT: 7:07pm On Jan 05
NuclearWinter:

Marxist drivle

If you are not proud of your own culture , others in Nigeria are.

Japan is both racially and religiously homogenous and they have a proud culture , hence why they are all stoic in preserving it.

The problem afflicting Nigeria is your useless Marxist indoctrinated fools who went abroad and swallowed every Jewish commie rubbish and returned back in winter suits and decided to implement their rubbish.

Marxism always finds its root in a culturally inferior people who embrace it willingly .

That's why Japan isn't communist but China with her history of rape and pillage by outsiders willingly gravitated to it.

Just say you are not proud of whatever culture you have instead of deginerating the proud cultures of your betters.

Your Ironsi in his notorious decree 34 speech hinted on abolishing traditional authority which he blamed as a hindrance to nationality unity.

Can you explain why Yoruba Ronu dey pain you ?

Also can you tell me why Enugu began rewriting the history of Bendel Ibos from Benin to Nnsuka after the brief occupation ?

Only you idiots woke up one day and told us you are Jews and are actively promoting Jewish supremacist ideology amongst yourselves to bolster your depraved heritage among the proud races in Nigeria.

Look, it's nobody's fault you were an isolated primitive tribe who could not evolve beyond the village square .

Heheeee!! Yeparipaaa!!!

This is how enemies of God's children will be confusing and fighting and Keeling themselves grin grin grin

You are quoting and attacking flokii,a well known Igbo hater and attacker on here!!!
Have you taken time to go thru his posts.
grin grin grin
Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by Wisereborn: 9:39pm On Jan 05
NuclearWinter:

Speak for yourself.

Keep repeating yourself
Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by alcuin(m): 9:46pm On Jan 05
fidelmarshal199:

And you think because it's a monarchy, there are no laws or semblance of a constitution?

Do you think the Saudi king can just take over someone's land like that if not backed by law?
Re: I Think Monarchy Is Better Than Democracy by babasolution: 10:53pm On Jan 05
lionshare:

How many monarchical country do you know that the king was deposed in the last decade purely by the citizens not with no external support?
If you find any, How is such country fairing economically as of today?
Even if you think the press freedom is shrinking in NG it is still way better than any monarchy in the world including UAE & Saudi.

UAE and Saudi are doing well, if they start doing poorly, you will see the monarchy deposed,Thailand is an example, the monarchy though not deposed yet but was shaken

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking Revelation: Goodluck Jonathan Reveals Masterminds Behind His Ouster / Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer / Obama And Mccain Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.