Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,210 members, 7,811,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer (702 Views)

NNPC Staff Using Ministry Of Justice Officials To Harass, Blackmail Me - Osakwe / Men Spotted Fixing Transformer Using Generator In Maiduguri: Photo / Duties Of A Chief Of Staff Using USA As Case Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer by MisterBanny(m): 1:29pm On Mar 11
I took a picture of Some NEPA staff trying to fix our Transformer with a Generator. It happened right before my very eyes in my neighborhood. They took the Generator to where the transformer is. And even in their office, they use the Gen.

I want to ask the Enginneers in the house to please expound on this. I am here to learn, relearn and unlearn. They also failed to use PPE.
Thank you.

And pls try to be civil and decorous in your trying to enlighten me cos any form or act of insult will never be condoned. It takes humility to admit your ignorance, it takes a greater humility to want to Learn. I am here to learn.

Re: Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer by LegendHer0: 1:47pm On Mar 11
If they need power and your transformer is faulty, how should they have fix it?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer by Topman7: 1:49pm On Mar 11
No biggie.

Go and study electricity to understand why they are doing it.

3 Likes

Re: Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer by derekdelta(m): 1:51pm On Mar 11
Yes,it's very okay because that transformer was faulty so after fixing it they need the gen to check whether very fault have been rectify correctly

2 Likes

Re: Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer by jmoore(m): 1:59pm On Mar 11
It is a safe way to test transformers.

Electric shock from generator won't kill you.

But 11,000 volts from 11kv feeder passing through you will print an obituary poster for you within few seconds.

3 Likes

Re: Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer by MisterBanny(m): 2:00pm On Mar 11
Topman7:
No biggie.

You that studied electricity should explain na. If I knew about it, I wouldn't have posted it, so tell us
Re: Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer by Tallesty1(m): 2:12pm On Mar 11
Topman7:
No biggie.

Why are they doing it?
Re: Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer by Vinnie2000(m): 2:16pm On Mar 11
Lolss.. cheesy

Nothing new in this APC Bulaba govt.

A govt where Even Minister of Power goes about with Powerbank.
Him no get Light at Home. embarassed sad

And Fashola told us then, he will fix Electricity under 3months!! kiss
Re: Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer by adekolaelect(m): 2:28pm On Mar 11
You can be wondered seeing this but it is a normal thing if you have ideas of electrical engineering work.

2 Likes

Re: Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer by kelvin1191(m): 3:21pm On Mar 11
It's a normal thing. You have to feed the transformer to be able to read the output. It's usually done after recoiling the transformer. They don't have to wait for power to test the transformer when they can do same with gen easily.

3 Likes

Re: Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer by GodHimself: 3:21pm On Mar 11
And what should they have used sir.

Google is your friend.

MisterBanny:
I took a picture of Some NEPA staff trying to fix our Transformer with a Generator. It happened right before my very eyes in my neighborhood. They took the Generator to where the transformer is. And even in their office, they use the Gen.

I don't just know what to make out of this Country cos the situation is really bad.

1 Like

Re: Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer by Melagros(m): 3:47pm On Mar 11
COMRADES it shall never be well with blind supporters
Re: Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer by fergie001: 3:47pm On Mar 11
derekdelta:
Yes,it's very okay because that transformer was faulty so after fixing it they need the gen to check whether very fault have been rectify correctly
Not really.... They are carrying out testing on the phases to assess the continuity and ECE tests.

They need power to energise the bushings and cables before testing with the megaohmmeter popularly known as megger.. Before doing this the J&P must be down!

This is the first thing done once a transformer is down before any repair work is carried out.... The PC&M (Protection Control & Metering) Department carries out this test....

They don't repair anything, they just take readings and interpret the results and hand over to Department(s) that will have the reaponsibiity to fix it.

It's a normal practice and not a no-electricity problem.

4 Likes

Re: Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer by Afamed: 3:52pm On Mar 11
Children of frustration. They always put mouth into wetin dem no know

3 Likes

Re: Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer by chopnaira: 3:56pm On Mar 11
They use test equipment that uses electricity.

They need to shut off power from the high tension line which feeds the transformer to troubleshoot the faulty transformer. However, they will need a supply of secondary voltage from a generator or external source to power their troubleshooting equipment.

This is done in developed countries too, so no biggie.

The only issue I have with the picture is that they don't have PPE.
Re: Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer by Afamed: 4:00pm On Mar 11
Melagros:
COMRADES it shall never be well with blind supporters

Don't die a local man.

1 Like

Re: Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer by foleskay(m): 4:02pm On Mar 11
Thats the Edison effect going on. Circuit conduction! I miss Mr. Fasola physics sha.
Re: Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer by SporaD8: 5:06pm On Mar 11
MisterBanny:

I don't just know what to make out of this Country cos the situation is really bad.
You could have genuinely seek knowledge without sounding so...
Putting-down your country all the time in a bid to showcase your ignorance to the world is not necessary!
Re: Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer by MisterBanny(m): 5:16pm On Mar 11
GodHimself:
And what should they have used sir.

Google is your friend.

You can be the Google
Re: Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer by happney65: 5:18pm On Mar 11
The OP is an olodo.. undecided
Re: Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer by Makunahatata: 5:41pm On Mar 11
Op is another proof most obedients are dullard just like the Agulu lying machine...😂
Re: Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer by GodHimself: 5:50pm On Mar 11
Sure, for $20,000 per day.

MisterBanny:

You can be the Google
Re: Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer by MisterBanny(m): 5:53pm On Mar 11
happney65:
The OP is an olodo.. undecided

Just like you. Idiot!
Re: Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer by MisterBanny(m): 5:55pm On Mar 11
Makunahatata:
Op is another proof most obedients are dullard just like the Agulu lying machine...😂

You must be a fool. What I know, u dont know a quarter of it. Stop been stupid, there is no harm in seeking to know. You're one of the reasons people die from ignorance cos they wouldn't be able to ask help from people like you. Ode!
Re: Wonders: NEPA Staff Using Generator to fix a Transformer by Makunahatata: 5:58pm On Mar 11
MisterBanny:

You must be a fool. What I know, u dont know a quarter of it. Stop been stupid, there is no harm in seeking to know. You're one of the reasons people die from ignorance cos they wouldn't be able to ask help from people like you. Ode!
all doubts are cleared, he's truly an Obedient , very aggressive, nasty ppl😂

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Obi Labelled Hypocrite As This Is Happening In A State In The South East...... / Green City- Customized For Your Family / Can Bush Restore US Economy Before Handing Over?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.